PDA

View Full Version : the core.

hango fett
12-14-2002, 06:52 PM
this looks like one heck of a show! i saw previous for it in nemisis. i guess the government designs something and it goes wrong...causeing the earths core to stop spinning. that results in super storms that will destroy the world in 1 year....now they have to go down to the core and set of millions of bombs to make it start turning again. looks good for the weather/ geologist fans!
h

hango fett
01-09-2003, 12:23 PM
no one likes this movie? dang! you should see previews.
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2003, 01:29 PM
I think this movie looks rediculously stupid, They really are scraping the bottom of the barrels when they make a movie about how the Earth's rotation stops spinning. Personally, i hope the mission to keep it going fails so we can see some good ole' fashion destruction. That's the best part of these "Earth Disaster" flicks. LIke "Deep Impact" horrible film, but the scenes with the waves and stuff were awesome. I might see this when it hits the 1.50 theater, which'll be a few weeks after it's release. :D

El Chuxter
01-09-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm no science wiz, but the premise of this sounded pretty out there.

The earth does flip on its axis regularly, but I'm pretty sure it's not every 600,000 years. No weird forces are involved, and I can bet that planting explosives in the earth's core wouldn't help. The ozone layer breaks down, but the planet doesn't boil.

Overall, it gave me the same impression as the quote from the Mission to Mars trailer: "That DNA looks human!"

Patient Zero
01-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Planting explosives in the Earth's core!?! Does anyone else think that this would be a REALLY bad idea? Wouldn't it cause all of the volcanos on the planet to erupt? And why the hell am I even considering this? Take it back, take it all back!

Bobajames
01-09-2003, 05:51 PM
you know what? you can't even dig down deep enough to get through the entire length of the earths miniscule crust without being crushed by the pressure, how do they expect to send something down to the core???? I don't know, it might be a good movie if they.. uh... rewrote the whole idea. :D

hango fett
01-09-2003, 07:43 PM
well, i think it will be good. only time will tell.
h

Eternal Padawan
01-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Lookee! Lookee! We're all so intrigued by this bad movie we're actually discussing months in advance of it's theatrical release! It may as well be a Star Wars movie!

As an aside, it was supposed to come out in November, but the studio goombahs liked it so much, they gave the producers an extra mmphmmll million to beef up the CG effects and push it back until this spring.

Jayspawn
01-10-2003, 12:12 PM
It looks like a mix between Deep Impact and Armageddon. I'll probably skip it or wait till the $1 theatre gets it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Which i repeat, will be a week or two after it's release!! :D

Fulit
01-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Didn't Dr. Evil already attempt this?

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:57 PM
This movie will be great........

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince Xizor
01-12-2003, 12:08 AM
You couldn't pay me to see this movie. Generally, Natural Disaster movies blow. Armageddon, Dante's Peak, Volcano, Deep Impact, etc. Yuck. Keep it away.

mrmiller
01-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Can you say Big Budget Flop!?

This movie doesn't interest me in the least. There are a bunch of movies comming out this year that look to be really, really, bad but at least I have a spark of interest in seeing them. This one doesn't interest me in the least. I smell another Godzillia-size flop.

=MATT=