PDA

View Full Version : What were your thoughts of AOTC Teaser Trailer?

SirSteve
11-05-2001, 06:46 PM
What were your thoughts of AOTC Teaser Trailer?

Let's talk about it here!

ob1knbi
11-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Well, to be honest I would of liked to have seen a little bit more in the trailer but I thought the "teaser trailer" did what it was designed to do - that is be simply a "teaser", but it was very cool to see something new about AOTC. I'm really glad that it wasn't a bunch of clips of all the stuff that we've seen in the Insider and on Starwars.com.

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 08:17 PM
I had been able to stay relatively cool and laid back when it came to anticipation of the film. But now I just can't wait! Argghh! May 2002 can't come fast enough!

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-05-2001, 08:48 PM
don't worry...it'll get here quick if you don't htink about it, and hey! we got another trailer on harry potter...soon enough...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2001, 11:22 PM
Teaser?!? Teaser!? It was terrible... how short it was! Arrgh! I loved it, but I wanted more! Oh well. "We shall be patient." Just enough to wet the whistle, a whole planet enough of wetness! ;)

Tycho
11-06-2001, 12:34 AM
Here's the thing: I already knew what each scene was from, and what was going on. I have to say the production value looks great and everything is right on. But with having read 'the story' on TFN maybe almost a year ago, I am not in angst over any rabid anticipation. I cared most about the legend. I can wait to see it acted out. Looks like E3 is a step higher in quality over anything we've seen before. I like the look of the movie, but wonder if it will match with the rest of the story.

Of course finally seeing it acted out will be great to actually experience some sort of catharsis with the passion involved (I use that term loosely, to mean not only romance, but deep obsession with vengeance, etc). And finally, it will be confirmation of whether or not TFN got it right, and whether I bought the correct amount of Episode 2 action figures.

It's one of my favorite hobbies, but it amounts to "something to do" and it's not going to change my life.

Star Wars means to me: a genre for dioramas and art to match the collection I assemble; a topic to spring board into forum discussions and fiction to write. A sort of collective interest to share with fellow fans, like a favorite sports team. The legend's being written well is paramount. The movie is just the main media vehicle that keeps it all going.

Well, in my particular case, spoilers do make a spoiled brat. But alas, I'm still having fun, and it's well before May.

Eternal Padawan
11-06-2001, 07:33 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(it was alright.)

JediTricks
11-06-2001, 08:44 AM
As a teaser, I thought it was pretty cool and didn't fail anywhere except 2 short scenes that looked more like video game movies than actual big-screen stuff. I expected a lot less and was given a nice surprise. I kinda don't want to see more for a few months, but I'll still go and see the longer trailer next week.

Sir Tristram
11-06-2001, 10:33 AM
Well....

I enjoyed it....BUt there is still something missing....
Having been a die-hard, overly dedicated fan of 24 years....
I find the new footage lacking in one respect....the magic....
Just as Ep. I lacked....there is somehing of the escapism lost.
This looks more like a SW rip off than its prequels....

I don't know....After being so let down by Ep.I....I just hope this one redeems the epic emotions for me!

I found the LORD OF THE RINGS teaser trialer MUCH more fulfilling than I did "Breathless" for Ep.II.....

Hmm.....

stillakid
11-06-2001, 10:40 AM
The images were all cool, as expected, but I was dissapointed in the lack of a soundtrack. The breathing didn't have any kind of "eerie" impact or anything so the effect of the entire teaser felt rather weak. As for the selection of shots, I thought they were all well thought out. We got to see a bit of the romance, a tease of Boba Fett, and most importantly, a hint of the massive army and potential battle to come. All that without giving away the story as so many other trailers manage to do today. So, all in all, a fair effort, but the addition of a better soundtrack would take it up to excellent.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sir Tristram
Well....

I enjoyed it....BUt there is still something missing....
Having been a die-hard, overly dedicated fan of 24 years....
I find the new footage lacking in one respect....the magic....
Just as Ep. I lacked....there is somehing of the escapism lost.
This looks more like a SW rip off than its prequels....

You are probably feeling let down due to the age you were when SW first came out in 77. I was 6 or 7 and for me it was a magical experience you can really only appreciate by not being an adult. Now that most of us who first watched the OG trilogy are adults, it doesn't hold the same amount of fantasy or wonder. There's no way you can put the genie back into the bottle.

Just try to enjoy it for what it's worth.

Personally, I liked the trailer but was diappointed that the images were so fleeting and somewhat cryptic (I'm not much of a spoiler chaser). It truly was a teaser trailer.

Wookie Boy
11-06-2001, 03:42 PM
It looks like it is going to be awesome, but then again so did Episode 1. The question is whether or not there will be enough characterization in the film.

good shot jansen
11-06-2001, 04:01 PM
*******EPISODE II SPOILER IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE THE TRAILER**********************

just enough was shown to make you wanna see it sooooooo bad!

the vader breathing over the images was daunting and riviting! and the added sound to the breathing during the space fighting sequence was soo cool!

the trailer felt like vader was looking back over the pivotal events of his life in reflection!

i loved it!

master jedi
11-06-2001, 04:18 PM
The teaser was great. I have the large version and it's very spoilerific.
I can't wait to se the movie.

SirSteve
11-06-2001, 04:35 PM
Like E1, you are not going to get away from spoilers such as trailers, promo merchandise, etc.

I liked it though.

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
*******EPISODE II SPOILER IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE THE TRAILER**********************

just enough was shown to make you wanna see it sooooooo bad!

the vader breathing over the images was daunting and riviting! and the added sound to the breathing during the space fighting sequence was soo cool!

the trailer felt like vader was looking back over the pivotal events of his life in reflection!

i loved it!

I kind of envisioned the trailer as what would be going through Vader's head while in his meditation chamber on the Executor. The omnipresent breathing drowning out all other sounds.:cool:

GNT
11-06-2001, 10:22 PM
I've only seen parts of it (stupid news channels) but wow!!!!!!!!!! I like the Jango part :) cant wait..

Rodian Sniper
11-06-2001, 11:25 PM
Okay...let's see now. Star Wars [episode 4] is titled simply as Star Wars or A New Hope. Then there was Return of the Jedi, and Return of the Jedi. Now...why is Star Wars episode 1 and 2 known as "episode 1 and 2" in stead of Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones? What gives? To prove what I mean...what the orginal triology...you'll see that the movies are entroduced by the actual title instead of just "episode #". Then if you watch the teasor for Episode 2, the title Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 08:30 AM
Rodian, have you seen the Ep 1 DVD ads? The main part of the title is a huge
I

I think this means Lucas wants to separate the classic trilogy from the prequels, and wants audiences to know that this is "Star Wars One" because he knows the film itself doesn't tie in with the "Star Wars" franchise as easily.

Queen Katharine Leah
11-07-2001, 05:48 PM
I loved seeing new material, but I haven't felt the dire urge to watch it 8000 times like I did when the trailer came in November of 98. I think the lack of music is a big reason why. Also, for a minute trailer, we only see shots for 15-20 seconds, and the rest of it is black screen.

I have great expectations for the full trailer attached to Hairy Fodder.

My favorite clip was of ObiWan in the electronic shackles. That didn't look like it was from the

SPOILER!!!!

Reek scene in a huge stadium. I wonder where it was taking place?

Yes, I can't wait for May 2002. Do we know the official release date yet? I have heard both 17 and 22. Which is it???

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-08-2001, 12:42 PM
i just can't wait till next friday when harry potter comes out with the new 2 minute trailer!

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-08-2001, 12:45 PM
to answer the queens question...it's due out may 15th.

bigbarada
11-08-2001, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Rodian, have you seen the Ep 1 DVD ads? The main part of the title is a huge
I

I think this means Lucas wants to separate the classic trilogy from the prequels, and wants audiences to know that this is "Star Wars One" because he knows the film itself doesn't tie in with the "Star Wars" franchise as easily.

Actually, the most recent re-release of the classic trilogy has the same cover design as Ep1. Each episode's number is the most prominent part of their logo.

Pendo
11-10-2001, 02:43 PM
The trailers have left me speachless...

PENDO!

Tarkin the otter
11-11-2001, 02:19 PM
I too have been very laid back over episode II, but seeing the trailer has lit my fire so to speak. It certainly looks darker & more moody, & to paraphrase Luke Skywalker 'I have a very good feeling about this'.

JimJamBonds
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
I liked it, although it didn't really show all that much. I have a feeling I'll like AOTC.

2-1B
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Who were the 27 voters saying it sucked?

Slicker
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Who were the 27 voters saying it sucked?Slicker...all 27 of 'em were Slicker.

2-1B
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
no, it was 24 at the most. JT, stillakid, and seanmcfripp are definites and I'm sure I could name more names Elia Kazan style.

Besides...Slicker were you even born when this thread was started? Don't try to outdig JimJam. It's not a contest you can win.

Slicker
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Besides...Slicker were you even born when this thread was started? Don't try to outdig JimJam. It's not a contest you can win.What about Tarkin the otter? Do you think I can outdig him?

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
no, it was 24 at the most. JT, stillakid, and seanmcfripp are definites and I'm sure I could name more names Elia Kazan style.

Besides...Slicker were you even born when this thread was started? Don't try to outdig JimJam. It's not a contest you can win.
Actually, it says I voted "It was ok."

bobafrett
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I can't recall if I ever cast my ballot on this one.

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I can't recall if I ever cast my ballot on this one.
If one of the options is in italics, it's the one you voted for.

bobafrett
03-09-2007, 03:05 PM
If one of the options is in italics, it's the one you voted for.

Nope, no italics. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I didnt vote for this either as it was 2001 and I didnt join until 02.

JediTricks
03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, that. Frett's in the same boat.

2-1B
03-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Actually, it says I voted "It was ok."

That's more than I can say, there isn't even an italic on my screen so I must not have voted. :crazed:

Nothin's stoppin' you now. :)

Kidhuman
03-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Only the fact that the poll has been closed for eyars is stopping me.

2-1B
03-10-2007, 11:11 PM
But you can still post away...it doesn't stop Slicker. lol

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I think we need to throw this poll out and start it over again.