PDA

View Full Version : Micro Machines 2003 - set # 1

sicqnus
12-15-2002, 12:32 AM
Ok, I know. I'm sorry, this is a very bad scan. But I promise I will try to post better pics ASAP...

Later
Sicqnusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. ...........

britcit3
12-15-2002, 02:04 AM
What the ........?????????

Where the hell did you bag this Sicqnus ??????????

Is it for real, or is it a Euro ltd Edition ???

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
12-15-2002, 02:14 AM
Frickin.. that's awesome. The paint detail is amazing! Give us some more info! :)

shinakuma43
12-15-2002, 02:58 AM
Nice job Sicqnus, it looks awesome!

Later,
S43

britcit3
12-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Hey Sicqnus

So do you actually have this set in your possession and where can you get 'em ??

This has got to be the best news this year - a possible new lease of life for micro's.

Eagerly waiting for info.......

BC3

good shot jansen
12-15-2002, 10:00 AM
wow! good news fer sure!

i'm a little confused by what i'm looking at though.....the package says x-ray, yet both the ships appear to be fully painted ala the jc penny gift set a few years back:confused:

this is truely a terrific step in the right direction for hasbro. if these are indeed the fully painted versions, they should sell well, as the only way to get the vaders tie, and a-wing in fully painted colors at this scale was through the above mentioned, and quite hard to find i might add, jc penny gift set.

way to go hasbro, your starting to make some friends in the mm world! :)

sicqnus
12-15-2002, 01:31 PM
:eek:

I beseech your pity... I must confess that it is only a custom.
This card is a fake made by me.
Sorry.

Yah, I know. I'm a scoundrel.

I've just wanted to make something funny with a little bit of nostalgia for the upcomming New Year. I'm trying different ideas for an "Happy New Year" card.

Sicqnus D
==============================================

I'm also praying for the return of the MM line but I'm not sure we will see something new in a near future.
Nevertheless, the stores shelves are full of Military Micro Machines in my area and the Micros sells very well.
Time will tell.

:happy:

neonblade
12-15-2002, 06:32 PM
looks kewl- are they micro or are they the die-cast size?

do u have pics of the new af rgs?

vulcantouch
12-15-2002, 07:27 PM
good one :evil:

JediTricks
12-15-2002, 11:50 PM
I knew immediately when I saw it that it was a fake for the following reasons:
- Hasbro is too cheap to include stands ;)
- Hasbro abandoned that classic Micro Machines logo
- Hasbro wouldn't put "X-Ray" on the card when it's a painted toy
- Hasbro isn't using the old silver SW logo
- Hasbro wouldn't have the SW logo smaller and lower than the MM logo.

Still, that's a fantastic custom sicqnus, very impressive indeed. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since Star Wars MM were born.

Oh, and what's the green logo at the bottom left of the card?

jeddah
12-16-2002, 07:20 AM
LOL, You bad boy.

jeddah

sicqnus
12-16-2002, 09:47 AM
The logo is in the bottom left is the Lucasfilm logo. And the painted X-Rays from the JCP gift-set are listed as "X-Ray fleet" in the old Galoob listings. Then I wanted to make something similar.

I remember the Die-Casts for Episode one , they came with a stand pack-in(still Galoob at this time).

I don't like the new graphics made by Hasbro for the new line. At first I thought they were ok because a few years before when I saw for the first time the POTJ packagings I said to myself "Wow, they're flashy, they looks fluo !" (too much). Californian packagings maybe (it seemed logical after the 95' "Orange Carded" Body-Builders figures wich resembled the figures of "The Masters Of The Universe"... Ridiculous).
The new graphic signature with this kind of insipid blue color makes me regret the Ep1 packagings.
And last, the new Action Fleet logo is "invisible" with a really clear gold/brown & blue, white logo... Only cold colors. A little ship without stand is foolish. I think I'm not good enough with my Force skills and I can't make them levitate yet...

One of my fears when I first saw the new AF boxes concerned the transparent window. I thought it would be too fragile and that I will never manage to find one box in mint condition. I was wrong. Hasbro did a great job and the transparent plastic is much thicker and solid. The only wrong thing to me is the stand sealed in its bubble... In this case if you want to remove your ship from the box, you'll have two choices : 1 - destroy the box to display your ship or 2 - display your ship... without stand... :mad:

Instead of showing the stand through the window maybe they should show our beloved two mini-figures in the future...
I will light one or two hundreds Candles more !

sicqnus
12-16-2002, 09:57 AM
I remember this logo. It celebrates the ten years of MM (for the whole line).

Is anybody knows wich was the very first SW MM set ???

r2dee2
12-16-2002, 08:15 PM
I assume you are talking about vintage Micro Collection (1982 ), which I don't have any info, but toysrgus has great info here (http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/micro/) or do you mean the Galoob MM which I believe started in 1994. The gift sets were pretty early on, but I assume the special 3 packs were probably the first. JT or GSJ should know which one :D
Product list (http://web.archive.org/web/19991012205344/galoob.com/SWMPL2.html)

JediTricks
12-16-2002, 11:58 PM
I don't know which SWMM set rolled off the Galoob production line first, but the ANH set (X-wing, Star Destroyer, and Falcon) was released at the same time as the ESB set (TIE Fighter, AT-AT, and Snowspeeder) and ROTJ set (Jabba's sail barge, B-wing, and AT-ST) in late '93 under the "Space" MM line. I still remember buying the ANH and ESB sets, couldn't afford the ROTJ set since I was also buying 2 of the 3 Star Trek MM sets. That was a very good day. :)

BTW, sicqnus knows a lot about MM packaging. :D

good shot jansen
12-17-2002, 06:37 AM
unfortunately, i can't be much help there. i didn't start collecting galoob toys until 95, when i 1st saw the action fleet a-wing.

afterwards i mainly only collected af's.

it wasn't until much later, 99 or even 2000 when i started collecting mm's.

r2dee2
12-17-2002, 08:39 AM
JT, the ANH/ESB/ROJ MM were released as early as 1993, wow!! Like GSJ, I didn't know about the MM quite that soon either. I think my first MM's were the gift sets.

You're right, sicqnus DOES know a lot about the packaging!!!:) It's so nice to have all you "informed" MM buzzboarder's onboard :D

JediTricks
12-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Yeah, some time between July and November 1993, probably the November end of that. That was when I was living in Arizona but before my X-mas shopping period started; when I found those 3packs I remember feeling like my life had changed in that very moment, it's a surprisingly vivid memory, I remember everything about that aisle of the Metro Center TRU and the bus ride home, looking at them in the bag. Strangely, I don't remember actually paying for them, though I definitely did.

I still have all 12 of those MMs (6 SW and 6 ST), and now every time I look slightly to the left of my monitor, there's the X-wing chasing the TIE.

sicqnus
12-17-2002, 10:06 PM
First thanks to all of you for these compliments.
But...
I strongly think I didn't know much about packagings. Far less than R2dee2 and S43 (and many others). I'm still learning with your help and I learned a lot of things by talking with you or through your websites. It's really amazing.

Concerning the first SW MMs I think JT is close to the truth. 1993 seems to be the good year with the first three 3-packs.

Good find : I 've just received an AVON Battle Pack #7 these past few days (approx $7). Looking at the back is interesting. The translation English/French is a little... Hum... "curious" I mean. "Poseable Action Figures" was translated in : "Figurines sur pieds" (figures by feet)... :confused:

Shinakuma43 has pointed out to me that there were a fourth AVON product, the "Rebel Yavin base with battle damaged Wedge's X-Wing". I'm not sure but I think I've seen one on Ebay one or two years ago. It was the same packaging but sent in a big white box with a blue logo (like the DV Tie and Luke X-Wing).
I wonder if someone here have one of these Canadian ex. playsets in its box. I've never seen anybody who have one in his collection.

sicqnus
12-17-2002, 10:09 PM
the AVON BP#7. Back of the box.

JediTricks
12-18-2002, 09:43 PM
sicqnus, I can pretty much guarantee you I'm right about the 3 sets that came out in late '93 being the first SWMMs. My aforementioned X-wing even has copyrights on the bottoms of the upper wings that read: "1993 LFL" on one wing and "1993 G.T.I." on the other. The SPACE packaging had pics of the other 2 sets from the line along with details about each vehicle that later packaging omitted.

sicqnus
12-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Thanks JT.
I think I found the solution :

First SW MM sets.

Micro Machines vehicle collections.
65860 (): Collection #1 [vehicles seen in ANH: Millennium Falcon, Imperial Star Destroyer, X-wing Starfighter], SW logo on front of package is silver embossed, Falcon on background is dully colored, 3 sets shown on back; 1994-01
same, Falcon on background is boldly colored
same, SW logo on front package is not silver embossed, 6 sets shown on back; 1994-09
65860 (): Collection #2 ESB [TIE [sic] Starfighter, Imperial AT-AT, Snowspeeder], ESB logo on front of package is silver embossed; 1994-01
same, SW logo on front package is not silver embossed, 6 sets shown on back; 1994-09
65860 (): Collection #3 ROJ [Imperial AT-ST (Chicken Walker) [sic], Jabba's Desert Sail Barge, B-wing Starfighter], ROJ logo on front of package is silver embossed; 1994-01

To Shinakuma43, it seems the exact production number for the "ZAAP!" set is just 3000 units. (Galoob counts from a Galoob press release - 1997 - retail price : $38 in Japan).

:happy:

r2dee2
12-19-2002, 09:13 AM
signus...I see you found THIS great site (http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/galoob.html) :D Martin has some fantastic lists of everything under the sun!! :D

I know the SW Collector's Bible mentions only 3000 for the ZAAP, but I still have to wonder why the STICKER (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/zaapboxfrontA_8stickercrop.jpg) states 4800 for the ZAAP! (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/zaap.htm) . I know S43 got a ZAAP set WITHOUT the sticker (although it could easily have come off)....but if there were some made without the sticker then there could even be MORE :confused:

good shot jansen
12-19-2002, 10:49 AM
which really weren't a problem fer me, cause it allowed me to open it without givin' a 2nd thought.

a little while ago, i snapped some photos of the jansen af collection, once i get the photo's developed (yes, i'm still in the stone age as far as photography's considered), i'll post em here.

i took a couple of close ups of the zaaps in their out of the box freedom glory! :)

sicqnus
12-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Right R2, great page. All the UPC codes and production numbers apprears to be true.

I've already talking about that with S43, in fact I've never seen any ZAAP! sets on the secondary market with a number up to 2500. I believe they have not produced anymore sets. Certainly due to a lack of demand. To my opinion, they did not sell very well and were cancelled at 3000 ex. The stickerless sets should be the sets that would be numbered between 2500 and 3000.

Assumption...
:confused:

JediTricks
12-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I've seen that list as well and it's very detailed, but I'm confident it was late '93, not January '94, that was the correct release date for those 3 MM Space Star Wars collections. I'd track down the cardbacks, I know I have 'em somewhere, but that won't tell us exactly when I bought 'em. ;)

As for the stickerless Zaap sets, it's possible that those were manufactured for overseas sales. That wouldn't be the only time a SW item was handled that way - the Hasbro Episode I mini-figs are the same thing, a numbered sticker for Australia but no sticker for other countries.

shinakuma43
12-19-2002, 11:58 PM
R2: I actually have the Zaap with and without the sticker, stickered version is #0094. I got the second one to open but when I noticed more without stickers I figured I needed both boxed. So I actually need that and the Penny's At-At to have them all loose.

I noticed most of the Zaaps on ebay in the past few months have been from Singapore and none have had stickers in the images, so maybe JT is right and they were released in other Asian countries without the sticker.

As Siqnus stated, we haven't seen a numbered set even in the 2000's, so there seem to be much less than the stated 4800, at least numbered.

Later,
S43