PDA

View Full Version : Paying The Price

dr_evazan22
12-15-2002, 09:52 AM
Dear SSG,

My local WM has had a terrible SW selection ever since Hasbro recalled older fig's to make room for newer figs.

It's so bad that they haven't gotten any new fig's in months! Their whole SW section is only 3ft wide, and it's not even full. The only 3-3/4" fig is Final Duel Jango.

They have gotten a few vehicles (and quickly sold out), 12" figs, and they continue to get SW LEGO.

This is the same store where I was able to purchase most of the first release of figs early b/c they were brought out to the 'floor. All the other stores in my area (TRU, KB, Target) don't seem to be afflicted w/ this problem.

So here's my question to any of you: If you were able to get your figs early (at any store), are you experiencing the same thing? Is this the price to be paid for selling figs before the 4/23 date?

Sincerely,
Frustrated In Delaware

Turbowars
12-15-2002, 08:58 PM
No, WM just has a crappy distribution department or Hasbro just isn't sending product to them. I have been told that WM can NOT order SW items. They get what they get when ever Hasbro sends the product.

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Other than the Holiday Set & Cantina Sets (I bought this summer) I haven't found ANYTHING at a Wal-mart since May.
I've been to numerous local Wal-marts including my local one 3 times a week, and nothing!

targetdude
12-15-2002, 10:46 PM
yes the penalty is big. braking the "street date" of an item by a big company like Hasbro and lucas can be like $1,000 per infraction. SW fig's is one of the biggest street dates you can brake. if you do you will feel the rath of hasbro. If the box says do not sell before 4/23 and you do you may never get a product from that company early again.

Turbowars
12-15-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't think thats the case with WM. If it was we wouldn't be seeing the new 12", trash sets, X-MAS R2 set or any 3.75". It's about $$$$$ and if Hasbro pulled that on WM, Hasbro would loss big time. I mean their WM!!!!

Jayspawn
12-16-2002, 12:14 AM
Turbowars said it best. It's eight Wal-Mart having a slow or just plain lousy department (my Wal-Marts are like that) or it's that Hasbro is not sending them enough of the right product.

SplFrcsCWO
12-16-2002, 07:04 AM
I think they are making room for other items and Xmas rush. My WM gets 1 or 2 cases a week and manage to keep 3-4 figs on the pegs. I got the first 2 Ephants they received over a month ago. Since then, no one (including TRU & KB) has received him or the clean-shaven Endor rebel.

Old Fossil
12-17-2002, 10:50 AM
WM's ordering/distribution does seem peculiar. Mine got the Trash Compactor scenes, the 12" Zuckuss wave, and new LEGO sets, but only recently got the Anakin Skywalker TA wave. I suspect that the latter is simply because Hasbro is still shipping cases of that wave, but it would be nice if my WM got figures during their initial run!!! I still haven't seen Ephant Mon or the Gunship Pilots at WM (my wife found my Ephant Mon at TRU).

Dar' Argol
12-18-2002, 01:25 PM
The problem is Hasbro. While at the store level we cannot order the figs, someone does. That would be our Toy Buyer at Home Office. We have orders in the system for these figs, but Hasbro is not shipping them to us. It seems though that as soon as one WM gets a shipment, most of the rest will get them in about 2-3 days after. I haven't seen anything but the new Lightsabers, 12", and the X-Mas pack come in recently. And I'm in almost every day. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, be patient and the figs will arrive. I know going for months at a time without you fig fix can be frustrating, but be patient.

Jedi Master Silas
12-20-2002, 07:18 PM
My Wally World isnt that bad. We have two stores near our home and its strange but one of the stores gets new items and the other never seems to have jack.

JEDIpartner
12-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Wal*Mart has been all about dry season here in Ohio. Believe it or not... Target has been a better place to find new figures!