PDA

View Full Version : Padme Droid Factory Carded Pic

Adam
12-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Ok, I can't get the link to work for some reason, but go to http://collectibles.echostation.com and scroll down a little bit.

Old Fossil
12-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Dude, the link's not workin' for me. Goto Yakface, I will. Thanks.

Adam
12-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Btw, we're also seeing the reasearch droids for the first time.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Yeah if the links worked, since trying the link you first posted my browser is now telling me that my link in my favourites folder to yakface is linked to a jpeg of padme at ssg. :mad: can anyone post the pics here because now i can't get into padmejpgechostationssg... :rolleyes: thank you please ta. :kiss: :)

Old Fossil
12-15-2002, 07:14 PM
I can't go to YakFace at all. No error message, nothing. Just can't get there from here...

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
That's what I got then found my link was all mucked up. tried refreshing the browser pane, reloading the browser and it's jiggered with it somehow, screwed favourites up completely. But then Yakface is always a pain to get into for me, takes three years to load. Not as bad as certain other websites which delight in long download times :rolleyes: it's likely down to heavy traffic if they've posted pics the world and his mother in law will be trying to get there. no doubt someone will post the pics soon enough. someone always does. share and share alike sort of thing.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:28 PM
got in, here's Padme carded front.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:30 PM
And here's the back.

Beast
12-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Cool, Padme looks great in her final version. Here mouth being open doesn't look all that bad. Still tons better then Padme #1. But you can't get much worse then that one. The Library droids are sweet, can't wait to pick them up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
12-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Yeah, good work on this Padme, Hasbro! Really!

Her arms look to be molded with articulation & hands similar to Padme Pilot. Love all that articulation!

BTW, is it just me, or does the Tusken look a bit pudgy?

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:39 PM
The droids look exeptionally sweet as in cool, not cute sweet. Although SP-6 is kinda on the cute side :p Why is Mace still pictured with that tan cloak not his brown one? bizarre. I'm definately picking this Padme up first chance, the droids will be highest on my shopping list though and the Tusken just below them. Droids and aliens first is my credo. Then vehicles then human characters. Aliens and technology was what got me interested in star wars right back then. robots and martians as I used to call them all when i was a kid. aaah nostalgia..... what? oh yeah the chick with the frontage here, yeah she's not bad, better than the first one by a huuuuuge margin and all that articulation is pretty cool. The cape thing i think will end up in my unwanted accessories box though. Too wild looking for my needs. She looks to be worth the money at full price though. In fact most of the 2003 starting figures appear to be worth full price apart from Mace manatu Windu.

EDIT: forgot to mention the packaging but seeing the post below reminded me, Love the starburst on the front of the card, much much nicer than the swirly things from this year. more dynamic. more in line with what's been before without being overly samey samey. Just subtle shades of familiarity which is nice. comforting. cosy.....

should have left it at nice shouldn't I :rolleyes: :D I like the packaging too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2002, 07:45 PM
I like the new packaging scheme, looks very nice! Hopefully it'll stay that way for a long time. :) Although I like the cardboard insert layout of 2002 a little better. Oh well, I don't buy the figures for the packaging.:p

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 08:21 PM
The Padme looks great! Once again I'm very happy that her stand can be attatched to the Deluxe C3-PO, helps make playsets.
The back of the card is also of interest.
The analysis droids look like a welcome addition. The Tusken Raider also greatly interests me (I know we've seen the preview pics for some time) although it's always nice to see a carded sample.

Adam
12-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Sorry about the link screw up! I don't think it was me screwing it up, because I've posted link before, and its never screwed up. Again, sorry!

But Padme does look pretty good. :)

BlahBlahBlah
12-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Sweet, the mouth doesn't look that bad. I guess I own't have to do a head swap, after all. Great figure.

And is the Tusken Raider the one with the removable head? Or is that a completely different figure?

mrhat
12-15-2002, 09:49 PM
I think the title "Tatooine Ambush" implies a removile head.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 09:51 PM
This is the one with removable head. Can't figure out if it detaches from above or below the scarf line though. I'd imagine below so they can hide the attaching point with scarf. Looks really really nice though. Love that outer robe and it's nice that they added a color to the tan. grey isn't much of a color but after a time you go cross eyed trying to make one tusken out from the other when they're all the same shade of tan. :D

Master ToNone
12-15-2002, 10:10 PM
I kinda like Padme's mouth :sur:
:crazed:

Prince Xizor
12-15-2002, 10:59 PM
It still doesn't say on the package if the cape is removeable. If it isn't it is going to put a serious damper on this toy, IMO.

Jayspawn
12-15-2002, 11:08 PM
I can't wait for this Padme. Lots better than the 1st one. I may get an extra to do a head swap.

The Tusken, Mace and Acchive Droids look great too!The Mace is worlds better than the Geonosis Battle figure *shutter*

LTBasker
12-16-2002, 04:24 AM
She's still an eh figure but looking better. At least they improved on her gun, even though she forgets to use it in the movie.

I think the main highlight though is the droids, who unfortunately don't appear to come with anything when a console or something would've been good...

Beast
12-16-2002, 05:35 AM
LTBasker, they never showed everything that Luke: Bespin came with on the back of the card either. That doesn't mean they won't come with somthing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
12-16-2002, 06:31 AM
True, true. I was just thinking how they showed everything Teemto came with, maybe the moisture vaporator was just a late edition that didn't make it to the pictures?

EDIT: Yeah, a timely edit. :D But sorry, I meant the Bespin weather vane. I just got confused cause I have mine sitting upside-down on it's suction cape, and it looks like a moisture vaporator.

Jargo
12-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Moisture vaporator? What is this you spake of?

Jerjerrod
12-17-2002, 03:06 AM
Mmmm... Am I the only person who thinks Padme looks like a giant woman? I still think she can be more cute and smaller. Right now, she looks like she's Chewie-sized! jk