PDA

View Full Version : Should Hasbro make more Podracer Vehicles?

Tycho
12-16-2002, 04:23 AM
With many collectors extremely satisfied with the way Hasbro has recently been making new vehicles for Star Wars action figures, is it about time we got some more podracers?

There were 18 of these speedy little vehicles and their pilots designed for Episode One: The Phantom Menace.

We currently have action figures for:

Anakin Skywalker
Sebulba
Gasgano
Ody Mandrell
Teemto Pegules

But we have podracers for only the first 2 pilots.

Anakin's features remote-activated air breaks, while Sebulba has a deadly sneak-cheat vibro-drill.

Toys could be made for Ody Mandrell's racer which fires "pit droid missles," while Teemto Pegules could launch its pod into an unrecoverable spin from 'catching Tusken fire.'

Mawhonic's engine's could explode, and Ben Quadrinaros could launch 3 out of 4 of them in all directions.

We could get new figures of more of these fine pilots.

At the very least, diorama builders could get a little further with a nice rendering of the Mos Espa Podracing Arena, and video game racers could have more models of their favorite crafts they win with!

So do you think Hasbro should make more Podracer Vehicles?

Quite-Gone Jim
12-16-2002, 07:21 AM
I decided to vote No. I'm personally not a hugh fan of the vehicles produced by Hasbro. While the have produced some good stuff, the quality hasn't been the greatest on a lot of the products. Additionally, I'm having enough problems trying to figure out where to display all my action figures, add vehicles to the mix and I'm going to have to put and addition on my house.

Although, I do think it would be pretty cool to see someone make a 3 3/4" diaorama.

stillakid
12-16-2002, 08:20 AM
I'm a big fan of vehicles in the line. So, yeah! My son and I made our own "versions" some time ago when he wanted to race around the house with more then just the two Hasbro gave us. It would be great to see official versions.

mtriv73
12-16-2002, 08:26 AM
I am a huge fan of most of the vehicles produced by Hasbro, but there are so many other vehicles I would rather see them make that I would hate to see them waste the effort of pods. We will never get all the vehicles (even the major ones) from the movies. So I really can't see them producing more background fodder that isn't important to the storyline. How many pods can a kid play with at once anyway (they only have two hands to hold them.) A rebel transport with a General Rieeken pack in would be nice though. A retooled Y-wing in scale with the F/X and Saga X-wings would sell like mad (as long as it wasn't a target exclusive and we could actually find it.)

NRPeace
12-16-2002, 08:30 AM
The two podracers we have already are ok, but they take up a lot of space. I don't think I would buy anymore pods right now, and I also think that it would be a bad marketing decision for Hasbro. I would like to see more pilots however. Maybe if they released just the driver and the pod without the big engines.

jedi master sal
12-16-2002, 09:12 AM
I'd at least like to see pods for the figures that have been produced.

Also, eventually would like to see ones for (as well as their figures):

Mars Guo
Mawhonic
Ben Quadinaros
Ratts Tyerell

All of which had more than the average screen time for the podracers and played a part in the race (all crashed in some form or another). For those racers who didn't actually do anything but race, IMHO, we can "faa'ged abow id". (Say it out loud, you'll get it)

dr_evazan22
12-16-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm not too interested to see the 3-3/4" scale podracers, but would like to see them all in the Action Fleet scale.

zeroplate
12-16-2002, 09:48 AM
no. for heaven's sake, save the world's plastic supply for the endless variations of clone war vehicles, guns, tanks, and troop carriers that fans will no doubt clamor for, and leave the pod racers (that people avoided in droves) alone. there's a very good reason that all of the phantom menace vehicles (pod racers included) were blown out for pennies on the dollar-- NO ONE CARES! please stop begging hasbro to make 10,000 units of some specific toy so that a few people can have living-room sized dioramas.

Maximillian Phokas
12-16-2002, 09:56 AM
I voted "No" (the first time I think I ever voted "no" on any SW related item. I remember seeing piles of Anakin and Sebulba Podracers in TRU and Walmarts here. Why multiply two market failures with at least 5 more? Reading a few of your comments, I too agree with some that there are vehicles we've been waiting to see for a long time, and Hasbro should concentrate on that. While these podracers may make good displays, the average collector is going to avoid them - if anything because of price. I don't see much success in this investment, and probably like most TPM items, it will just end up on the Island of Misfit Toys at some point.

mini-rock
12-16-2002, 10:38 AM
I voted yes but for the 12" line. I understand it would be huge, but something I would like to see eventually.

bobafett07728
12-16-2002, 11:03 AM
I voted yes. . . because the more variety we have the better! It would be ultra cool to have every single Pod and their Racer. However, I do have to agree with some of the statements made by others who have voted 'no'. Yes. . . I agree that other vehicles should be made first (Sith Infiltrator, Episode II vehicles, etc.), but the Pod Race was an important, and exciting part of Episode I, and those vehicles should be made as well. On the topic of the two current pod's poor sales, I think we all agree. Yes. . . pretty much all of Episode I sold poorly, but that doesn't mean that future Episode I products will follow suit. Hasbro doesn't necessarilly need to mass produce them. I think Pod Racers & Pilots would be a great Fan Club Exclusive opportunity. The fans are the ones who want the pod's, so sell them through the fan club. Release like one, or two a year. . . they could make it like an on-going series. I think it would be a great idea. One problem, albeit small, that I have, is pack-in's. I think you would have to pack-in the pilot with the pod to add to the sellability. This is good for pilots we don't have. . . but what about the one's we do? I don't think anyone will be crazy about having two Ody, Gasgano, or Teemto's. I think I'll be able to get over that though, as long as they are making the pod. But then again. . . I'm for Hasbro making every single thing from the Star Wars saga. . . so I guess I'm happy as long as they're making something we don't already have.

bobafett07728
12-16-2002, 11:05 AM
12" line!!!! Wholly crap!!!! They would be massive!!!! I would like to see the pilots themselves in 12" form though. . . that would be very nice.

aceguide
12-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Yes. The kiddos really like them and they were very well conceived vehicles. But first PLEASE re-release the fueling station!!

stillakid
12-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Of course the question was, should Hasbro make more Podracer Vehicles.

I'll still say "yes!"

But if we are to prioritize our desires, then sure, there are a few other large items I'd much rather purchase first, like a new Death Star Playset (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=44220#post44220) , a new Star Destroyer Ship/Playset (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=5706#post5706), the Naboo Royal Cruiser (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/naboosenatorialstarship/index.html), etc etc etc.

BUT, it would still be nice to have more than two Podracers, especially if we have the pilots for them.

zeroplate
12-16-2002, 03:56 PM
"Hasbro doesn't necessarilly need to mass produce them"

well, you do understand that even a fan club exclusive is mass-produced, right? i mean, the money it costs to design and make molds and assembly techniques etc... you can't really just make a few hundred or thousand of something and have all that investment pay off. you need to make 10s of thousands. there just aren't 10s of thousands of people who give two flips about the podracers. sorry.

OC47150
12-16-2002, 04:02 PM
If Hasbro does make more pod racers, I'd like to see some of the more popular pod-racers like Ben Quadinaros or Ratts Tyerell made, not an obscure racer.

Banthaholic
12-16-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm in favor of more Podracer's, if not the vehicles, then the figures.

JediTricks
12-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I'm not too interested to see the 3-3/4" scale podracers, but would like to see them all in the Action Fleet scale. That's how I feel, the Action Fleet line would be the only place I'd bother buying these. Ani's and Sebulba's podracers were really at the forefront of that part of the story, the others were mainly background fodder and NONE of them survived to the end of the race anyway, so I don't think I'd buy them as 4"-scale toys. Plus, there's no way Gasgano or Ody Mandrell could even fit in their pods since both figs were sculpted without leg joints that can sit.

Maybe 3 years ago I would have been interested, but not now. They're not vehicles vital to any part of the Star Wars story except that one segment from Ep 1, you can't put them in the background of Coruscant or fighting against the Imperial forces or shuttling people through Cloud City. Hence, I voted no.

TOY_EMPIRE
12-16-2002, 11:16 PM
I'm not interested in the pods being produced, the podrace scene isn't on my list of dioramas compared to other scenes in EP2 or the classic trilogy!

Forget these minor vehicles, its about time we got a decent PLAYSET!!!!

Lord_Etreum
12-17-2002, 02:44 AM
I would rather prefer the pilot figures... maybe 2-packs or something like that... The only reason I bought the Sebulba Podracer at that time was to get the Sebulba figure... I know I would´t buy a new Podracer ... I rather spend my money whwn a new Falcon comes out...

scruffziller
12-17-2002, 09:07 AM
If it is a brand new item they have never made before then my answer is ALWAYS YES!!!

bobafett07728
12-17-2002, 11:21 AM
If the distribution is only to the Fan Club, and not every single retail store on the planet. . . like the previous pods, they won't produce as many as their predecessors. Will they make a lot. . . absolutely. . . they'll anticipate selling alot. Will they make as many as Anakin, and Sebulba's pod. . . highly doubtful. Maybe "mass produce" was bad wording as all toys are mass produced, but they production won't be as grand as Episode I's.

good shot jansen
12-17-2002, 01:52 PM
pod racers baby! bring on the pods! i would love for hasbro to release more pod racers in the micro machines format (action fleet included).

i still can't believe that a full set of pods can't be attained in any toy format.

for awhile there (three years ago :rolleyes: ), it looked like we were gonna get a complete line of pods with the rolling wheels pod racing die-casts, but alas, that line fell short at only 10 racers. sheeeesh

Tycho
12-17-2002, 04:22 PM
Well, I am thinking along the lines of the 3 3/4" line for the figures to fly.

I personally want only a few:

Teemto Pegule's Pod since it is cool looking and it did something in the movie (and making his pod spin off his control cable lines could be an interesting challenge for toy designers).

Ody Mandrell's since the engine firing a pit droid out the back of it would be funny :D

Dud Bolt's since he's my favorite Pod Racer and he looks so funny, plus the Bolt 2000, his racer, is way-cool looking.

Mawhonic's since the exploding engines could be a cool toy effect.

Gasgano's since we have a figure and his engines were cool and unique.

Mars Guo's since he exploded too - plus I liked his look.

Ben Quadrinaros - truly the most unique pod racer with 4 engines, and a fun action feature could shoot them in all directions! :D

So that's 7. In my diroama the way I propose to build it, I only have the actual room for 2 more. It's hard to choose between all of the 7 above if I could only have 2....

I'd just adapt the diorama and make it differently if they made all 7 of my favorite Pods!

Fraggle
12-17-2002, 07:04 PM
I dunno if I've ever posted here but since this topic is something I've been interested in for a while, I'll just say which pod I've been wanting. Teemto Pagilies ( however it's spelled ). Mainly I want this one because it's one of the more uniquely designed pods and, in the movie, it was the last one we saw before it was just Ani & Sebulba.

Mars Guo's would be nice too.... but I could go on & on. <:-)

Fraggle

187-Maul
12-18-2002, 01:57 PM
I voted no, cause I rarely buy vehicles now and that would probably mean that the racers would be exclusives to the pods, although I DO want those

Fraggle
12-18-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
I voted no, cause I rarely buy vehicles now and that would probably mean that the racers would be exclusives to the pods, although I DO want those

That is kinda the problen with the vehicles these days. What bugs me is that only certain figures ( if any ) fit in the vehicles. Ah well. Maybe Hasbro will take a hint in about 10 more years.....

Fraggle

erlo9
12-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Ok the pod racers would be cool, but I'm still waiting for a Sith Infiltrator. Also the interstellar-drive ring for the already made Jedi Starfighter. A 3-3/4 size Tie Defender would be nice. As far as 12" Hasbro will probably come out with a Clone Trooper on Speeder Bike. Hope so anyways.

otisdodge
12-22-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
I voted yes but for the 12" line. I understand it would be huge, but something I would like to see eventually.
LMHO!
YOU WERE KIDDING WEREN'T YOU? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

I voted no because I think it would be a waste of time. They aren't going to continue the line forever, and we need too many other cool vehicles more--that they probably still won't have time to make. Think Sith Infiltrator, AT-TE and all the clone wars vehicles that we might be getting with the series and the next movie.

Fraggle
12-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by otisdodge
LMHO!
YOU WERE KIDDING WEREN'T YOU? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

I voted no because I think it would be a waste of time. They aren't going to continue the line forever, and we need too many other cool vehicles more--that they probably still won't have time to make. Think Sith Infiltrator, AT-TE and all the clone wars vehicles that we might be getting with the series and the next movie.

Actually, a 12 inch pod racer would be pretty cool. Sebulba's pod would be more fun that Anakin's pod as far as a 12 inch scale one would go... I just wouldn't wanna pay for it. :D

I think, as far as Episode 1 goes, I'd rather they make the Bongo before they made any other vehicle..... I would like another pod though, but it'd actually hafta be the pod of a character that the Big " H " hasn't made yet so we don't wind up with another Teemto or Odi Mandrell.... if they could do a resculpt of Gasgano that'd set a little better with me though.

The AT-TE would be neat. 'Specially if they made it big enough. :)

Fraggle

Tycho
12-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Well, they ARE doing a lot of the E2 vehicles:

Next year we have: Hailfire Droid, Geonosian Fighter, small spider droid.

All we need is the large spider droid, and the AT-TE (certainly not something in the podracer's price range!)

We already have the air speeders, Slave-One, the Jedi Starfighter, and the Republic Gunship.

The N-1 is rumored to be re-released in saga packaging.

That leaves the Naboo Senator's ship (the flying wing that blew up) and the Republic Cruiser (the proto-star destroyer) which both might be too big to make into toys - and the Senator's ship might be deemed too insignificant, or too Expanded Universe, since we really didn't see the inside and only assume it looks like the Royal Starship on the inside. (That being said, I'd buy it - but some of you would object that it's all speculation, save for the exterior).

Assorted speeders from the Lars' garage might be nice low-price point vehicles.

Maybe we could get the Techno Union's rocket ships (they looked like towers and Anakin ordered one shot in the fuel tanks and it fell over on some spider droids).

Of the large walking laser cannons, the P-HAT's or whatever, are also kind of ridiculously large. I doubt it will happen. Maybe with non-poseable legs??? Should I add it to the list?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, from Episode 1, I would like to see the Bongo Submarine and the Sith Infiltrator. The pod racers are obvious. An MTT droid carrier wouldn't be too big, and the tank is rumored for re-release. The Trade Federation carrier ships are way too large, and only a Senate speaker's car would round out the rest of the vehicles (minus the smaller droid carrier car).

Assorted speeders from Mos Espa might be cool for low-price point vehicles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From ANH, if we get the Sandcrawler, an escape pod, and Uncle Owen's Landspeeder, and maybe the Rebel Hanger pilots' transport, we're set. I think Star Destroyers and the blockade runner on any practical scale are over the top. I built a blockade runner for my figures, (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&post_num=1&search_and_display_db_button=yes) (click on the headings on the left margin to see more pictures) and this is the SMALLEST the ship could possibly be to re-create all the movie scenes within it. My ship holds 40. The actual thing to scale with our figures would hold 400 on 4 decks with turbolifts to each of them - and 16 or more escape pods versus my 1 (launches from under the radar dish). Well the ship cost me $700 to build and cutting costs from continuing returns from mass production, Hasbro said the ship would retail at at around a $250 price point - plus it's 5 feet long and difficult to make room to display it (think of your home and where you'd put it).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From Empire, he have the Rebel Transport (any interior is also expanded universe), the Cloud Car (let's get this one out there, Hasbro!), that's pretty much it. The TIE Bomber was the greatest we could hope for!

I'd like the bounty hunter vehicles. These are all EU, but Bossk's Hound's Tooth, Dengar's Punishing One, Zuckuss and 4-Lom's Myst Hunter, and IG-88's IG-2000 would all be seriously cool. They are shown in video games and the SOTE comic books. Bossk's ship would be a little big, but I'd want it even if they made it smaller than scale (as long as he could hold prisoners and access the ship from his cockpit or have the Pup vehicle detach for recon missions. The IG-2000 is just an awesome vehicle and could be made for a low price point!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From ROTJ, we need Jabba's Sailbarge. I can see why it could cost up to $100 - it would be larger than our Republic Gunships, so the $40 price point is not going to work here (I'm still amazed we got the gunship at such a cool price!)

They need to keep producing the shuttle, and lower the price point, though I coughed up my $$ for FAO a while ago and expect to get my shuttle in the next 2 weeks.

The skiff could see re-release. Maybe with a new Weequay or something...

The A-wing is being re-released. Mon Calamari cruisers and the Executer are just too big. If they made a Mon Cal ship, I'd want the Falcon to be able to dock in it, for one. Plus most of the interior would be EU, yet that conference room would have to be awfully big on its own, not to mention Ackbar's bridge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To recap:

Large Spider Droid*
AT-TE*
Techno Union Ship
Asst. Lars' speeders
P-HATs or whatever
Senator's flying wing

Bongo Sub*
Sith Infiltrator*
MTT*
small droid carrier
Senate speaker's car
asst. Mos Espa Speeders
2 or more Pod Racers*

Sandcrawler*
Escape Pod*
Lars' Landspeeder
Rebel Hanger Pilots' transport
Blockade Runner????

Rebel Transport*
Cloud Car*
Hound's Tooth??
IG-2000??
Punishing One??
Myst Hunter??

Sailbarge

And aside from things like the Coruscant Taxi, that's it - and we're dipping into EU to get cool ideas. For that matter, Xizor's Virago and Guri's Stinger should have been mentioned.

I put stars by the most feasible ones (because Hasbro has molds from old Kenner toys, or because they are combat vehicles).

I see a Senator's Speaker's car as being an easy light vehicle to produce, and Owen Lars' landspeeder from ANH another cool looking one, but I don't see them as being fun for kids and fitting Hasbro's mass market approach.

Kids playing with Senator speaker cars?

How come we don't have a Trent Lott action figure today? We could also get Gore and Bush figures so we can re-live the recount action just as you saw it on C-SPAN! Senate cars from Star Wars fit into the same "action category" as far as Hasbro thinks of them.

Fraggle
12-23-2002, 05:50 AM
That's quite a list there. I think my vote for the vehicle from all 5 flicks still goes to the sail barge. Hasbro prolly would never be able to make it perfect but maybe they could get something decent. ... hopefully with room for at least the stupid " Jabba Glob " figure. I'd say they could even throw in a sarlac playset of some sort with it but they'd most likely base it off the Special Edition sarlacc and I really don't like that version. ... it kinda sucked out the suspense of that scene.

Fraggle

RobertDD
12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
I really hope that they will make all the podracers in the action fleet scale. That way they are affordable enough to all buy them and small enough to all display them, while still large enough to show off all the detail. I really am not interested in the larger size.

Fraggle
12-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RobertDD
I really hope that they will make all the podracers in the action fleet scale. That way they are affordable enough to all buy them and small enough to all display them, while still large enough to show off all the detail. I really am not interested in the larger size.

YES! Especially those 2 that never made production. Boles Roor's pod is one of my favorites. <:-)

Fraggle

I VOTED FOR RABE! :D

jedikiss
12-26-2002, 11:57 PM
I voted yes as long as the pod's come with maybe 2 pilots and a promo-mail away offers for additional pilot figs that way, these figs won't take up shelf space . Also (and more ideal) if the vehicles were "kits" to build custom racers (remenisent of the vintage droid factory)for ANY Pod pilot figs WHICH FIT in to the various cockpits assemplies- perhaps 2 kits with interchangable parts. that would be the coolest way to go. still want to see the sith infiltrator (need no maul w/ it though- soft good maul w/ sith access set robe wouild be ideal) BTW, that robe looks great on anakin tatooine attack

Tycho
12-27-2002, 12:39 AM
A 3 3/4" Pod Racer construction kit???

Woah! That's a great idea! People that want all the pods will buy multiples, and Hasbro would be able to sell a lot that way - as well as to the novelty toy buyer. A racer pilot 4-pack with it would be cool. Maybe they could do 8 racers, and have 2 versions of the racer builder kit!

They market that stuff for toy cars and toy bmx and motorcross bikes. Why not?

That is the most awesome idea I've heard in a long time.JEDIKISS is a Genius!!!

Jargo
12-27-2002, 06:05 PM
As much as i like them I bought the first two and have nowhere to put them because of the awkwardness of the shapes and the size of them. Pilots would be cool though, make all the pilots so i can add them to my Tatooine casino set up. Ben Quad is in the fan's choice poll and doing badly against an old man but released in a two pack with someone like Mars Guo I'd definately pick him up. Mawhonic and Ratts Tyerell too. Ark Roose and Neva Kee, Dud bolt and Aldar Beedo etc. Two packs of little characters get my vote anytime. But a definate no to more dust gathering pods.

Oh and a second vote for a re-release of the pod refuel station accessories set. Shove a figure in with it this time round, perhaps Sebulba's Nikto pod mechanic.

Beast
12-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Agreed with Jargo. I really have no place to put more Pod Race vehicles. Now I'm intrested in all of the pilots being made though. Would be nice if Hasbro did maybe 2 a year. They could be done in 2-packs. A larger figure packed with one of the short stacks. Infact I think I posted that a while back in "Dear Hasbro", maybe I should bump it again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Well, I think the merit in JediKiss' idea also included the fact that you just keep the pod parts in the construction kit tool case and take them out when you want to make a pod.

For fellas like you guys, you can keep the tool box under your bed - or not buy it at all if you don't want it. But it will hold all the engine parts you need to make the authentic pod racers.

For guys like me - it will help Hasbro's sales because I'd likely buy 4 or more of the darn kits so I don't have to take apart anything I make to use the same parts in some other racer.

Jargo
12-29-2002, 06:59 PM
Bearing in mind that hasbro is a toy company and also bearing in mind the ages they make the toys for and also bearing in mind the toy safety standards the apparently adhere to when designing the toys, pods in pieces would be a bad idea. Getting the heavy pieces to link together poses a safety issue if the parts are to stay locked together and not drop off onto small heads and feet etc. If the make the locking mechanism secure it means design compromise and that means loss of detail in pods, detail shoved aside for the sake of safety regs. End result is unsatisfying product that doesn't resemble the movie props, collectors unhappy that the vehicles are too small and don't fit figures, that the struts to connect the cockpits with the engines won't all work with each other because of odd shapes and sizes.
In theory it sounds like an excellent idea to have modular pods but in practise it makes for a lousy toy and a lousy disappointment once you take into account all the factors that Hasbro has to contend with. If it was possible and viable then Hasbro would have milked the pods for all they were worth back when EP1 first hit the screens. The fact that they didn't might have some basis in the reasons I outlined above concerning the difficulties producing such a product.

The only way round the design problem i can see is to have a clear plastic base that the pieces lock into and flexible cables to attach the cockpits to engines. The clear base also serves as a hand grip for 'flying' the pods around with. However, this would make the sets ugly and cumbersome if there was a 'one size fits all' approach to the base. Again something hasbro possibly considered and threw out as a crappy idea. So i don't see a pod parts bucket appearing anytime soon but i can see more pilots turning up since for one they probably already have designse drawn for them all and secondly they would be a heck of a lot cheaper to produce and market.

Tycho
12-29-2002, 08:00 PM
Emperor Jargo: with some tweaking - your pod parts idea and how to make it (2nd paragraph above) might just work.

You came up with a good idea and I'm wishing:

1) that you worked for Hasbro

and

2) that you don't give up on your own idea in this matter so easily.

I'm just not sure that you are so enthusiastic about Pod Racers - that might be the problem.

CloneTrooperMace
01-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Vote Now Vote now We need new Pods and ships

Tycho
01-10-2003, 03:39 AM
The percentages are not high enough. The sample size isn't even that great, statistically speaking.

I like to have a nice round of about 1,000 votes, though really, these percentages don't ever seem to change much after the first 100 votes establishes a pattern.

Anyway, I think Hasbro likes to see percentages favoring a product demanded be above the 70th percentile. A very weak showing of want for these vehicles by only half of us does not look good.

A poll for the AT-TE alone would reap about 80-90% positive votes in my guesstimate. I don't think anyone here would deny that.

So while I personally really want more podracers, I am being realistic (and disappointed) when I say it does not look good.