PDA

View Full Version : Imax

Imperial Monarche
12-16-2002, 10:07 PM
So, now that AOTC was such a success at Imax, when will we see the classic trilogy on Imax?

stillakid
12-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Imperial Monarche
So, now that AOTC was such a success at Imax, when will we see the classic trilogy on Imax?

Hopefully, never. In my opinion, the IMAX format did nothing for the film itself. It was bigger, but with the sides chopped off, it amounts to watching a really big tv. IMAX is most successful with lots of forward movement (as from an airplane) and sweeping vistas. A standard narrative film doesn't benefit from the format.

Also, in my opinion, what made the IMAX AOTC version so great, was that because of technical issues surrounding the maximum length allowed, they were required to edit out significant portions of the story. In my opinion, every one of the cuts did the story credit and should have been made to the standard release in the first place.

The problem with placing the OT films in the IMAX format is that they would require trimming to such a large extent that it would truly be detrimental to the stories. AOTC needed the cuts to be a better movie, the OT films would be ruined. So, hopefully, never. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2002, 06:18 PM
What about when all 6 films are completed, they make a 14-hour series! You'd see 7 IMAX films, with only enough time in between to change film reels. No editing, at all, the whole thing. Yeah...