PDA

View Full Version : new member anf AF fan

sergiurusu
12-17-2002, 03:47 AM
Hi ,

I'm a new member here and an Action Fleet fan. I'm from Romania, Transilvania (Dracula's home country :D ). I'm member of www.rebelscum.com and www.thejawa.com. I'm happy to talk to so many fans of this great line. Unfortunately I'm the only Romanian in all SW forums (that means I'm the only Romanian who is fond of AF line)...

More info about me you may find at rebelscum and thejawa or on my music site: www.electrosound.ro (I'm a radio programmer and also a University assistant professor) My collection could be seen here (unf. I'm not a professional photographer and I colect only loose AF- like to feel them and to touch the toys): http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=17;action=display;threadid=5204

sicqnus
12-17-2002, 07:09 AM
Welcome aboard Sergiurusu,

Great to see someone from another place in the world. Very well known country, home of the Count Dooku/Count Dracula. ;)
------------------------------------
The real Vlad Dracul who inspired the character of Dracula wasn't really a funny man. It was a looooong time ago. Maybe an ancient Sith Lord... :happy:

==============================================
More fools : More fun !:D

good shot jansen
12-17-2002, 07:55 AM
welcome sergiurusu!

i already posted a welcome to you in the New Action Fleet sets listed for 2003 thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=205532#post205532), cause that's where i read your 1st post.

we're very glad that you've found your way here. i'v read each of your posts over at rebelscum, and find you to be a great asset to the stars wars action fleet collecting community.

welcome :)

jeddah
12-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Velcooooome

:p (That's blood apparently, according to JT) but I think this one's better

r2dee2
12-17-2002, 09:28 AM
sergiurusu....a great big welcome!! I also post at Rebelscum and have seen you there. Glad you feel you can visit here as well:D Did
vulcantouch's post at Rebelscum (http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000170) bring you over? We have a few "international" posters here, so you shouldn't feel too lonely :) .....and we have a lot of "hands-on" MM collector's here too, whom like to feel the plastic!:D

britcit3
12-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Sergiurusu,

As our Transylvainian ambassador, please accept the heart felt thankyou of the people of Great Britain for the CHEEKY GIRLS, and their deeply meaningful ballad "The Touch My Bum Song", currently at number 2 in the UK op charts.

(Yanks - yes, we do currently have a Transylvainian No.2 in the charts - the worst type of empty euro-pop you ever heard in your life)

Cheers & only joking sergiurusu

BC3

good shot jansen
12-17-2002, 11:20 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............plastic:happy:

np: Ca plane pour moi - plastic bertrand (but of course!)

:)

jeddah
12-17-2002, 12:44 PM
I'd rather take the Cheeky Girls over Monkey-boy David from Fame Academy any day. WTH? Why Didn't Lemar win?

Gaaah!

jeddah

sergiurusu
12-18-2002, 03:41 AM
THANKS to all of you guys for such a warm welcome! I have to say that noot manhy forums accept so easily new members. I know this is a small community (like thejawa- where the guys are also great), ususally big communities have some strange people around ;)

Please see some of the pics I made with my camera. It's an wooden AT-ST (made with tooth-pics) a little bit smaller than the Action Fleet one. I would have made also an AT-At but no more tooth-pics of that kind. I painted it with transparent lacquer so you can put it on water :D . Maybe if I'l find some materials I'll do more things like this.

sergiurusu
12-18-2002, 03:49 AM
also some pics of that AT-ST:

http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=42;action=display;threadid=5066;st art=15

RobertDD
12-18-2002, 08:07 AM
Welcome!
I'm Dutch myself, although I have moved to the states recently.

r2dee2
12-18-2002, 10:21 AM
sergiurusu....you did an excellent job on the AT-ST, don't be ashamed of your work! :cool:

JediGoofy
12-18-2002, 11:59 AM
Welcome sergiurusu! :)
I am an Italian Star Wars MM and AF collector, and Italy is well known to be the Third World for SW collecting! (I always say this :D ) So probably I know your problems, but this place can help you a lot.
Here you can find the biggest MM/AF community on the net (AFAIK), descending directly from the original Galoob's Buzz Board, and, as you already noted, it is really different from other communities on the net. I never met a better group of people, friendly, nice, helpful, and warm.
People here helped me a lot in the past and are still helping me, and the same will happen with you. :happy:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. By the way your AT-ST is terrific. :stupid: I like it very much! :)

JediTricks
12-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard! Cool AT-ST, I would never have the patience to do that... not even if it was just gluing toothpics to the Battle Pack AT-ST. :D