PDA

View Full Version : Republic Gunship, more firepower?

Scackmgack
12-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Is it just me, or did I see that entered into a list of the 2003 vehicles we are getting?

Does that mean that Hasbro is going to release a Gunship with proper death-ray turrets?

- Scack

Turbowars
12-17-2002, 10:44 AM
I wonder about the turrets myself. I kinda hope not, because I made custom ones for mine. From another list is just said it was going to come with 3 pack-in figures.

Jayspawn
12-17-2002, 12:29 PM
The Republic Gunship we have is just fine. Seperate turrets with a figure would be good. But we don't really need another one.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2002, 01:10 PM
I think that it is just coming with figures and the original turrets included.

Jargo
12-17-2002, 01:38 PM
There's listings for two seperate releases in 2003 for the gunship. One is ultimate firepower and the other is the one with three figures. I think it's the ultimate firepoewer version that is going to be packaged up for the clone wars mini-line. Different packaging and stuff. The ultimate one will be higher priced though.

The private universe (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) had some news on that a few days back. could still be in the news archives over there.

LTBasker
12-17-2002, 03:13 PM
They'll tape the Red Clone's turret on the bottom for "ultimate" firepower. ;)

The Overlord Returns
12-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
There's listings for two seperate releases in 2003 for the gunship. One is ultimate firepower and the other is the one with three figures. I think it's the ultimate firepoewer version that is going to be packaged up for the clone wars mini-line. Different packaging and stuff. The ultimate one will be higher priced though.

The private universe (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) had some news on that a few days back. could still be in the news archives over there.

I thought the Clone wars animated series was all but dead? Will Hasbro still go ahead with a seperate line for a series that doesn't exist??

Seems odd to do so.

Jargo
12-17-2002, 04:33 PM
The animated series might be dead but there's still books and graphic novel items to be considered. There's probably going to be a game module as well knowing LFL for spinning all their plates at once. I reckon the figures could be based on the graphic novels/comic books.

The Overlord Returns
12-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Well, the "Clone Wars" game is already out....so you've got a point there.......

Not so sure I see Hasbro putting their money into a line that is based on comic books though.......The idea for the animated series was that it was going to be pushed....HEAVILY. I don't see LFL and dark Horse driving the comics they was a series would have been....

Jargo
12-17-2002, 05:10 PM
You have a point. But if the work is already half done on the sculpts why not continue? A game a few novels and a few comic books is still a strong enough whole to base a mini-line on like the shadows endeavour. Perhaps it would be a short lived thing like shadows but still, be interesting to see what happens with it all now the animated hoohaa has hit a stumbling block.

The Overlord Returns
12-17-2002, 05:16 PM
That's true. Ideally, this mini line would atleast produce a standard, all white Clone trooper. Give him a neutral stance, with articulation like this:

Neck: ball joint (ala cc stormie)
Shoulders: Ball joint:
Upper arm: swivel
Elbows: standard elbow articulation
Hip/upper leg: Balljoints
Knee: standard knee articulation
Ankles: whatever it takes to give them a dynamic option.

I also hope they would make the clones a little bigger in stature than the red commander clone. He looked rather piddly.

I'm not really sure what other figures would fit in the line. Battle droids? Count Dooku variations?

Jargo
12-17-2002, 05:26 PM
So far the listing goes like this:

Yoda
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Clonetrooper
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Republic gunship ultimate firepower

Which are obvious choices and if the clone wars thing falls through they'll probably just be absorbed into the basic line as standard figures. Yes it's more resculpts on top of all the resculpts already due but perhaps these will have a little something extra that marks them out among all their clones. I don't know, I have no idea what to expect, I can't even begin to visualise them in my mind other than same old same old. Apart from different packaging what's going to make them different unless they have different costumes? Like say Anakin in Jedi training gear or Jango in different armour or a clonetrooper with some variation to the armour that makes him even more invincible. A rocket powered flight pack like Jango's or something.

The Overlord Returns
12-17-2002, 05:30 PM
LOL....how the hell were they planning on having Jango in a series that was to take place AFTER the events of episode 2???

It boggles the mind....

But yes, you could have variations on the looks for those figures.....

I suppose they may just be absorbed into the regular line...it makes the most sense.

Jargo
12-17-2002, 05:46 PM
What scares me is that the figures might have had an anime look to them and Hasbro might have been trying to push the star wars range over to that type of design to try to keep the kids interested since they seem to go for anything Japanese styled. Imagine that if all the future figures went anime... that's a horrible thought. manic poses and anime faces with massive eyes and tiny little mouths and small pointy noses, hair all spikey. Next thing it's transformer star wars, turn Yodas head to make him turn into a robot battle vulture or something stupid. Transfornming jango turns into a quad bike with firing missiles. The dreadful things hasbro could do to these toys. Makes me glad they kept to just mad poses and a few action gimmicks really. I could still live without the action gimmicks but I can live with the poses now as long as they aren't out of place. It would be nice to get alternate figures of the mad pose ones like Eeth koth and Luminara but that would probably mean not getting a Lama Su or something. waffle waffle waffle. I talk too much. I'll let someone else chime in now. Don't want to be accused of hijacking a thread.

Darth Sidious
12-17-2002, 08:50 PM
More firepower?!? How are they going to give it more firepower??? If you count the ball turrets it has 6 firing missiles! Don't think I'll be getting this, my Gunship satisfies me. :)

plo koon 200
12-19-2002, 04:33 PM
I am greatly dissatisified with my Gunship and the Clonetrooper. Every bit of the Gunship except the turrets looks 100% like the movie version. That is why they need to change the turrets.

Jargo
12-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Looking at the listing here at SSG it states that one of the gunships for 2003 will be action fleet. So that clarifies the mystery of the second listing. So for figures there's the clone wars re-release only. The one listed with three figures would possibly be the action fleet one, two small pilots and a regular clonetrooper?

If Hasbro is scaling back then it means less chance of the clone wars thing happening. Notice on the listing here at SSG there's no exclusives listed. and the number of army builder sets is reduced from the massive amount on Galactic Hunter's list. But I suppose that could change. There's spaces in there for March, September and November. I suppose if that's the spaces when the exclusives will hit stores it offers a complete year. If you add it all up it's not so dusty really.

According to the SSG list:
Basic figures coll' 1 & 2 = 32 figures
Clone wars mini line = 8 figures
9 Deluxe sets = probable 16 figures (only 14 actual figures listed)
7 screen scenes = 15 figures (two sets have no figures listed)
2 small speeder with figure
3 vehicles (one re-issued)

so even if we don't get anything else and there's no exclusives factored in that's still over seventy figures for 2003. Like i say not so dusty until you do factor in how many colection one and deluxe figures there are that are likely to be hampered with gimmicks. 19 collection one basic figures and 16 deluxe figures have the likelihood of being superior sculpts badly mangled. 35 figures that could be useful as a deflated balloon, useful as a chocolate watch on the hottest day of the year :eek: Now I'm scared.

I found the GH list and took this from it to give us the exclusives totals.

Refresh multipacks x4 = 16 figures (including 3 rehash figures) and one rehash swoop
Troop builder packs x2 =8 figures
Accessory and figure sets x6 = 6 figures
Cantina bar and figure sets x3 = 3 figures
speeder w/ figure x2 = 2 figures
Vehicle w/ figure x4 = 5 figures (not counting the sandcrawler until news one way or the other arrives for definate)

Giving us a grand total for exclusive figures of 40 add another two or three if the shuttle is actually going to be produced but let's say 40 for now. giving us a grand total over all of a possible 113 figures in 2003. I won't even start saying that's the actual total it's a rough guesstimation based on the lists. but even if you take a few away should hasbro cut back or more retailers get squeamish and drop their exclusives. 70 odd regular figures isn't bad going for a non movie year. It's just such a shame that they're in the hands of toy butcher randy from hasbro............. :(

gibbspaulus
12-20-2002, 05:41 AM
My gunship satisfies me too - aLTHOUGH i CHOPPED OFF THE GRAPPLING HOOKS AS THEY LOOK RIDICULOUS.

ooh, too many capitals there!

"Mad English man rants about grappling hooks" shocker!

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
What scares me is that the figures might have had an anime look to them and Hasbro might have been trying to push the star wars range over to that type of design to try to keep the kids interested since they seem to go for anything Japanese styled. Imagine that if all the future figures went anime... that's a horrible thought. manic poses and anime faces with massive eyes and tiny little mouths and small pointy noses, hair all spikey. Next thing it's transformer star wars, turn Yodas head to make him turn into a robot battle vulture or something stupid. Transfornming jango turns into a quad bike with firing missiles. The dreadful things hasbro could do to these toys. Makes me glad they kept to just mad poses and a few action gimmicks really. I could still live without the action gimmicks but I can live with the poses now as long as they aren't out of place. It would be nice to get alternate figures of the mad pose ones like Eeth koth and Luminara but that would probably mean not getting a Lama Su or something. waffle waffle waffle. I talk too much. I'll let someone else chime in now. Don't want to be accused of hijacking a thread.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Anime Style ( Anime Show and Action Figures) of Obi-Anakin Mace,Yoda,Dooku and pamde but ONCE is ok do it TWISE and thats gone over the line!.

otisdodge
12-22-2002, 05:34 AM
I thought I heard somewhere that "more firepower" was referring to a version with electronic sounds and maybe another new feature.

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-22-2002, 09:42 PM
I hope this one is a little more scale and has more room in the cokpits so more different figures can go in.

PloKoon2385
12-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Hmm..... curious. This sounds like an interesting "mini-series". I think I will probably buy this "Ultimate Firepower" gunship, assuming that it isn't just repackaged... since I was considering buying a second gunship anyway!