PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcatcher

scruffziller
12-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Man does this look creepy or what. Even though Stephen King is using that same motif over and over.......stranger comes to town to hurt the completely innocent. I think Ray Park is in this?
I think he plays that Jonesy charachter.

scruffziller
12-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Just refreshing, what does anybody think:confused:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Have you seen pics or a trailer or something? any help would be great, as to i love King's works. Thanks! :D

RooJay
12-30-2002, 09:28 PM
According to the cast credits on imdb.com, Ray Park is not in this. The character "Jonesy" is played by some guy named Damian Lewis.

scruffziller
03-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Some people are saying it is good.

Anakin2121
03-23-2003, 11:49 AM
In my local newspaper it received a scathing review - one and a half stars. But then again, it only gave The Two Towers two stars. :rolleyes:

dirtybones
03-23-2003, 12:52 PM
I saw it Friday, what a waste of money and time!!! It was " IT " part two. This should have never made it to the theater. IMO:D

derek
03-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
According to the cast credits on imdb.com, Ray Park is not in this. The character "Jonesy" is played by some guy named Damian Lewis.

damian lewis played "captian winters" on the HBO series "Band of Brothers".

i've heard bad reviews of this film, but it can't be any worse than "Bringing Down the House". what a lame, un-funny movie that was. i can't believe i payed to see it!:p

RooJay
03-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Having just recently watched the entire run of Band of Brothers this past week, I have become quite familiar with Mr. Damien Lewis and have come to believe that he is an incredible actor! If his agent is any good at all, he should have an amazing career ahead of him.

That having been said, I saw Dreamcatcher this past saturday, and I loved it! It wasn't the greatest movie by any stretch, and it certainly had it's problems - mainly with the quality of the dialogue (but really...can't that be said of all Stephen King movies?), but all-in-all it was a definite thriller with a great concept, and was genuinely entertaining to watch. The DVD version definitely has a spot in my collection.

Prince Xizor
03-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Saw this movie on Friday, and all I have to say is "Holy Crap that was bad!" Huge logic holes, stupid dialog, and the whole thing was just overly cheesy. The only good things about the movie were Jason Lee and The Animatrix short film.

Patient Zero
03-24-2003, 03:57 PM
It looks like a remake of the remake of The Thing to me. Which by the way was a classic. However, IMHO S. King lost it long ago. I refuse to pay money to see anything with his name on it. Watched Sleepwalkers on tv recently and to no surprise it sucked.

By the way, what has Clive Barker been doing lately. He use to be a breath of fresh air, but after he came out of the closet he lost all his agnst and started writing more crap for the shelves of the local bookstores. I liked him better when he was all bitter. Not that I can relate to that or anything. :evil:

mrmiller
03-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I don't care about a review of the movie- I want a review of the Animatrix short- Final Flight of the Osiris. So was that cool?

=MATT=

Lman316
03-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
I don't care about a review of the movie- I want a review of the Animatrix short- Final Flight of the Osiris. So was that cool?

=MATT=

In my opinion, the Matrix short was crap. After sitting through 20 minutes of previews and commercials, I just really wanted the movie to get going, so that didn't help it. Its content was boring, but at least it gives what it promises: a final flight of the Osiris.
I liked the Matrix, but this was just a waste of time. However, that's just my opinion.

I liked Dreamcatcher, but I have to say that I liked the book better. The movie stuck pretty close with the book, but the latter had more (books always do). The endings are different and I think that the book's version is better, but the movie's was interesting.
Although I don't want to admit it, a lot of Stephen King's movies are bad. I've only seen a few good ones (Thinner, Green Mile...), and that almost pains me to say because his books are so good. I don't blame him for that, as he doesn't write the scripts or direct the films. He just has creative control. Before he had that, his movies were even worse (like the first Shining. Oh, man was that garbage). But I will always give his movies the benefit of the doubt, especially if I enjoyed the novel.

End...:D