PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's contest winner.

mylow thehutt
12-17-2002, 03:29 PM
:eek:hasbro's action figure contest has a winner listen to what this kid got for a grand prize! 10,000 an action of him self,And a complet set of 2003 action figures! Dang he's luckly. :dead:

thoughts?

LTBasker
12-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Oh well. The figure is probably shoddy, sure it should be the level of a prototype which is usually quite high but since they won't be making money off of it, then it'll probably be pretty low quality. Maybe just a head on an already made body. :p

The rest is pretty eh. If you meant 10,000 dollars than he'll probably blow it right away and the 2003 set of figures, well if that included deluxe and such that would be sweet. It's kinda cool but the whole contest seemed craptacular from the beginning.

Fulit
12-17-2002, 04:26 PM
What do the individual state winners get, anything?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2002, 04:41 PM
DAMN! Unfortunately I did not win . . .

Chiesa
12-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Anyone can tell me what the contest was based on?

Tycho
12-18-2002, 09:24 AM
It's a $10,000 savings BOND. There's a difference between that and ten thousand bucks.

The bond will probably mature until he's college-aged, and then he can pay for his education, buy a car (almost), or make a down-payment on a very small condo.

Hasbro probably spent less than $5,000 to get the bond. If he cashes it now, that's all he'll get for its $10,000 future worth - maybe a few thousand dollars in its present worth.

Does everyone understand what a savings bond is now?

LTBasker
12-18-2002, 09:28 AM
I know what a savings bond is. :p I thought the kid would just be taken to a secret location and an unmarked car would pull up, some masked guys would get out, give the kid a suitcase filled with 10,000 in small unmarked bills then hightail it out of there. :p

stillakid
12-19-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:eek:hasbro's action figure contest has a winner listen to what this kid got for a grand prize! 10,000 an action of him self,And a complet set of 2003 action figures! Dang he's luckly. :dead:

thoughts?

Yeah, but he'll be stuck in some ridiculous pose and won't fit in his vehicle.:o

But, he'll be rereleased about 6 months later with a resculpted version, 20 points of articulation, and a kung-fu grip.

fourtwo
12-19-2002, 11:16 PM
that kid is darn lucky, although i can only see jealousy being the reason everyone is hating on his action figure.

Jayspawn
12-19-2002, 11:39 PM
I thought Hasbro's contest was kaka! There is no way I (or most of us for that matter) would have been able to photograph my collection.

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-21-2002, 04:48 PM
The grand prize also included a Jorge Sacul...

The state winners each got the 2003 set of figures anda Jorge Sacul :)

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 06:39 PM
:) i wish i could get an aciton figure of my self the whole body would be a new sculpt with 12 points of artulation a new lightsaber metel no gimic's 100% loads of @$$ kickin. :) but i must tip my hat to the young fellow and wish him luck on his own action figure.

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-23-2002, 08:03 PM
And the winner is.............

Andrew Sherant 13!!!

*Crowd goes wild*

Master Plo- Koon
12-24-2002, 11:45 AM
I knew I would not win the country wide. But I felt I should have atleast won out of the state of Illinois. I'll have to send you all the copies of my collection photos. Being a fourteen year old collector, and starting from three years old, I felt with the sheer size and amount in collection along with my documentation I took time to do that I had a good chance in this contest. But looks like I wont be getting that Jedi version of myself I wanted, or even the jorg sacul and toy fair Darth Vader(I never was able to get) Nevertheless I have had set backs in the past, and there was no guarantee that I would win in the first place. It was a bit of fun massing my collection throughout the whole family room for the pictures, but I of course will still always continue collecting. And since I'm going to be fifteen in a few months, it will have been over 12 years of collecting, from the original figures back in the 80s to all the figures I own now current. I thank Rebelscum, and Sirstevesguide, for their inventory lists that helped me in identifying all the figures and everything in my collection. So before I continue babblying on, I also congradulate

Andrew Sherant, that must have been one hell of a collection.:)

- Sincerely Master Plo- Koon

SuperBattleDroid88
12-24-2002, 01:19 PM
I was gonna enter that. But I just gave up and didn't want to mess with it. I would have had a good chance too... Sorry that you didn't win Master Plo- Koon. Oh yeah... I was gonna put my whole collection in the family room too. HAHA!!!!! :crazed:

Master Plo- Koon
12-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Thankyou, I'd like to see your collection too.:) It was a fun thing to do, Im still going to go on collecting, I realize being mad about not winning doesnt always make things better, its best to keep on going. And in this case keep collecting. Plus the 2003 line, is looking really great, and Ill be getting my Imperial shuttle in a couple weeks.

-Master Plo- Koon