PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation's Cloak

Beast
12-17-2002, 10:12 PM
A bunch of us noticed, when pictures first surfaced that the cloak was the wrong color. Then we saw it again, and it was the correct choclate brown. And then on the back of the Padme: Droid Factory figure it was the tan color again. GalacticHunter got some info out of Hasbro on the new figure, over the concerns of some of their forumites that the cloak would be the wrong color. :)

'03 Mace Windu Cloak Update
12/17/2002 2:36:07 PM | Reported by Mike
A few astute readers chimed in about the wrong color of the upcoming Mace Windu's (Arena Confrontation) cloak in this photo posted by Hasbro Star Wars recently. According to Hasbro, the photo was of an early prototype. "In production, Mace's robe will be a darker brown. More chocolate than tan," says Hasbro's Paula Sacchi, " Also, the sculpted plastic cloak has been changed to a dark soft goods cloak." Look for the new Collection 1 Mace Windu to start hitting store pegs in January!

So cool, the cloak will be the right "choclate brown" color. And the rubber/bendy arms that are controlled by the knob on the back will be hopefully be hidden by the soft goods cloak sleeves. Now all the have to do, is tell us the knob is removable and this will be a very good Mace Windu figure. Bring it on, Hasbro! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
12-17-2002, 10:22 PM
That's very good news, this figure looks very cool! I think it'll be the best attack of the clones mace yet!
I hope he can be posed with his lightsaber at Jango's throat just like the movie!:D
Now, do you think that they'll make Anakin Skywalker's cloak darker on the new figure? Because it looked lighter in the picture than in the movie :confused: :)

JEDIpartner
12-18-2002, 09:14 AM
I still hate all the Mace figures in this line. :(

LTBasker
12-18-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Now all the have to do, is tell us the knob is removable and this will be a very good Mace Windu figure.

Actually now all they had to do is tell us they removed the knob and put normal arms on and then it'll be a very good figure. ;)

The soft goods cloak is a plus but that huge knob isn't gonna be covered up by the cloak, otherwise he'll be looking like Quasimodo. Or Eye-Gore...

Dr. Evazan: "You know, I could fix that hump for you."
Mace: "What hump?"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2002, 06:30 PM
Sounds good! But hopefully it won't be a screwy arm under the cloak, but a normal one, so you can take off the cloak for arena fun!:D

Jargo
12-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Where was the pic that showed the cloak brown then? I missed that one. Anyone got a copy of it they could post? pretty please with cherries on top grovel grovel......... :)

If he has a big knob on his back there'll be a slit in the cloak then so the knob will poke right through. Perhaps a flap might have been good that you could fold over the slit to hide it and stick it down with a mini bit of fuzzy velcro stuff. If you can take the knob out of his back that'll leave a gaping hole won't it? nasty.

I quite like the sculpt of the figure compared with say the Luminara and Nikto jedi figures he'll do for a one scene 'screen moment' display sort of thing. Him and Jango facing off. I've been in need of something to go with FB Jango and I think Mace will fit in nicely....

Beast
12-18-2002, 08:43 PM
I don't remember where I saw it, maybe it was a re-colored version someone did in photoshop now that I think of it. Looked much much better and more correct then the tan.

As for leaving a gaping hole, if the knob is removable. They could easily hide that. Either with the hood of the cloak. Or having the cloak hole for the knob, be just a small slit that would be pretty much unnoticible.

That would work, because the actual part that plugs into the body could be small. The knob is thick, just so you can use it like a control stick with your thumb. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-18-2002, 09:58 PM
The knob looked like it was sort of flat to me from that hasbro shot, kinda hollowed so you use thunb and forefinger to twiddle it. Yes, like a joystick but with something that scale and with adult hands I guess a thumb would do it. Not long to wait now for Carded pics to show and then loose shots. The pic that hasbro did looked like they'd used the Nikto Jedi's cloak and arms. It's really the same pose exactly. I like the Nikto apart from him falling over every five seconds but he's a really nice figure. i guess they did the same with mace's legs and molded them as one piece if he's going to have the gimmick. The head is somewhere between the two previous SAGA mace's Not so grinny this time or so ecstatic...... or in pain depending on how you want to look at that expression on the geo rescue figure. :)

Paul-Kenobi
12-22-2002, 03:18 AM
Wait Two things

A so we are gona get a soft Cloak version of the Arena Confrontation Mace???????

btw I never saw the plastic Cloak in its correct color can someone post the pic for me to see please :confused:

187-Maul
12-22-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm glad they are making him with a soft goods cloak, since then he will probably be removable, and I still need a Mace for my arena (don't like the current ones) and I want to put him (as in the movie) without cloak in it
way to go hasbro:)

Jek Porky 2002
12-22-2002, 12:28 PM
I didn't see any pictures of the dark brown cloak.

187-Maul
12-22-2002, 12:46 PM
like jarjar said, the pic with mace in a darkbrown cloak was just the pic from starwars.hasbro.com with a photoshopped dark brown cloak and the knob was "erased"
someone here on the forums did the photoshopping and posted the pic in some thread, but I can't remember which one

edit: well I searched a bit and finally found the thread
anyways, here's the link to the thread http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14574&perpage=15&pagenumber=3 post #3 on page 3
and here's the pic http://www.jokepizza.net/NEWMACE2.jpg

Jargo
12-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks dood. :) looks tons better without the knob. If that carbunkle isn't removable then I won't be buying this Mace.

Paul-Kenobi
12-22-2002, 03:48 PM
ah it looks better but i will buy that figure plus the plastic version the sleve's are too short for mace's robe

so i take it where gona get a soft cloak on the Arena Mace ?:confused:

Skywalker3319
12-23-2002, 11:28 AM
I remember when it was just normal arms, and normal legs, with no action feature....the good ol' days. Why cant they keep the awsome sculpt, and articulation, but loose those stupid gimmics? I dont get it, no one really likes them, at least I know I dont!
DOWN WITH STUPID GIMMICS! :evil: :evil: