PDA

View Full Version : FAO Shuttle Tydirium

Jerjerrod
12-17-2002, 10:47 PM
In the past, has FAO exclusives ever showed up in Canadian department stores? I'm wondering if the shuttle will ever come up to Hoth (Canada). Damn it looks cool.

Darkross
12-18-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
In the past, has FAO exclusives ever showed up in Canadian department stores? I'm wondering if the shuttle will ever come up to Hoth (Canada). Damn it looks cool.

I haven't seen any FAO exclusives at retail in the great white north...so don't count on it. The only way you'll see the Shuttle up north is in a Specialty store for $300 - 400.00 CAN. You might as well buy it online...it would be cheaper.

The only exclusives that I've seen here on Hoth...is the Target exclusives at Zellers. Now why couldn't we have gotten the Y-Wing, and Skiff at Zellers back in 1999? Hopefully the Wal-Mart exclusives will show up here in Canada. I've had to buy both the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart in the US and then pay $12.00 HST on each vehicle plus the exchange...OUCH!

fourtwo
12-18-2002, 11:21 AM
cool, too bad it gets a 10 on the waste-o-money meter in my books.

thats my quote from another forum about this subject.
:zzz:

The Overlord Returns
12-18-2002, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately you're unlikely to see the FAO Imperial Shuttle anywhere at canadian retail. More likely you will find it at a specialty shop for double the US price.........

and yes, the shuttle is a BIG waste of money. $150 for a big hunk a plastic and no figures? I paid less than that for the Royal Starship, but it was loaded with cool stuff.

This should have had a defacto royal guard packed in, and an Imperial Dignitary...

Jerjerrod
12-18-2002, 08:52 PM
I also had to pay $70 +tax on my POTJ Tie Bomber, which sucks, because the only way to get the good figures and vehicles is to empty my wallet.

The fact that the shuttle comes with nothing is disappointing, but as long as the shuttle looks real, ie. dirty look, I might consider buying it on the net. I just like it because it's to scale with the figures, a trend I hope Hasbro will keep for good.

Imagine a full-size Falcon. Wow! :crazed:

jjreason
12-18-2002, 10:36 PM
I think it won't come to retail up here. Sad, but likely the best chance to get this piece is right now, right away before they sell out. I could be wrong, but I don't see these sitting around too long in stores. Im boycotting it, as I hate US only exclusives....really hate them In the past Ive been okay getting friends score them for me, or finding fluke deals, but this is different. The shipping alone will be like 25 US dollars, plus the 120 price, which will hit close to 300 bills once it arrives. Factor in the GST on 120US (180 bucks) and your at another cool 15 or so on top. Damn.

fourtwo
12-19-2002, 11:08 PM
i say it again

cool, too bad it gets a 10 on the waste-o-money meter in my books.

Darkross
12-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
The fact that the shuttle comes with nothing is disappointing, but as long as the shuttle looks real, ie. dirty look, I might consider buying it on the net. I just like it because it's to scale with the figures, a trend I hope Hasbro will keep for good.

Imagine a full-size Falcon. Wow! :crazed:

Well...the ship really isn't to scale with the figures...it just sits high off its landing gears. Yes a full-scale or larger scaled falcon than the POTF version would be very nice. Especially if it had the detailed paint job to go with it. I'm still holding out for the new Tie Fighter and a larger scaled Falcon. Either way...it'll cost me a fortune.