PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro to show pics of 2003 Action Fleets next week.

Battle Droid
12-18-2002, 09:26 AM
Can't wait! :eek:

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=96

LTBasker
12-18-2002, 10:12 AM
After the deluxe Obi and Jango pictures... I'll be prepared to possibly cringe.

Hey VT, you should sue Hasbro, they gave KE Jango a new non-gimmickized right arm just like you did. :D

Jangu Fett
12-18-2002, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes: Great!! :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see how bad Hasbro screws these AF sets up.

neonblade
12-18-2002, 09:54 PM
Jangu I'm sad to say, I agree with you. I'm waiting for a midget rgs with good paint but no playability

JediTricks
12-18-2002, 10:47 PM
I just hope it's not pics of repaints again.

neonblade
12-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Thats true jeditricks,

Those cheap people are putting out those repaints are nutt'n but dumb. People barely even bought them when they were released. I did but dang

Battle Droid
12-23-2002, 10:47 AM
They're up. The Republic Gunship, Jango's Slave 1, and Republic Assault Ship.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=97

shinakuma43
12-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Hmm, I thought they were supposed to come with figures. It worries me that none of those images show figures. The ships look nice but without figures they just will not be as nice as they could be. They won't even look right displayed with my other loose AFs. I haven't even bothered to go to a store and look for the Snowspeder or At-At yet. I haven't heard anything good about them, but if they came with figures I know I would have looked. I will look for these since they are new ships (2 and a half anyways) but probably with a little less effort than I would if they did come with figures.

Later,
S43

LTBasker
12-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Gunship - Cool but needs two Pilot figures
Slave 1 - Useless without a Jango figure, now it's just a repaint..
Troop Transport - Ok, lowering landing gear all it does? It better open up even if it isn't realistic.

neonblade
12-23-2002, 02:38 PM
The republic gunship looks like it has an opening cockpit but i dougbt that it will fit at least one figure just like the dumb cocpit of the at-te. slave one is just a repaint and the assult ship is so out of scale it's not funny. Let's jus say i give up. O and Whats up with the black paint where it should be clear. Like the rgs cockpit and bubble should be clear instead of black. I hope they change it

I will get the rgs but.... I want figures

Hawkwind
12-23-2002, 02:50 PM
hmmm ? im a little dissapointed but they look okay ill still buy a fleet of gunships and transport craft , is it me or do they not look action fleet like .. they look like a cheap toy

Hawkwind
12-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Damm ,now the initial dissapointment has passed .. i suppose we should be greatfull that there any action fleet , they have great potental

good shot jansen
12-23-2002, 03:06 PM
i have to say that i am really pleased with all three of em. even though slave I is a re-paint, i'm thrilled to have jango's colors in my collection.

the troop transport has me very excited, in that this ship may be a terrific segway into hasbro producing in the near future a star destoyer af.

figures would be great, but i ain't holdin' my breath about it.

i'm just happy that we're gonna git some more micro machine toys in the near future.

even if the gunship doesn't come with any clones, i got a ton of storm troopers that will look real nice back in the troop compartment while the ship strafes the yavin playset!

sicqnus
12-23-2002, 03:42 PM
Mmmmh, finally the pics !

I'm with Hawkwind but these are samples. The ships that we will see in stores may differ slightly on a few details. I hope the Gunship canopy will be clear. If not, then yes it will be a disapointment. The Gunship in my preferred in this serie. It is really accurate and not "super deformed" as some the old AF (like the Y-Wing and B-Wing). I also would prefer clear plastic Turrets (painted) instead of plain color plastic.

The Acclamator cruiser will be cool. The negative point is the control nacelle under the ship. The plastic looks (and is...) cheap. The marks on the ship are too dark, I think they should be lighter (in comparison with the 3D/Lightwave model from ILM). I fear I will have to repaint the control pod...

The Slave is a re-mold but the new paint is great.

And last, it's a little late too show us the pics only three weeks before they'll be on the store shelves.
Bad communication as always...

I also would say it's totally insane to launch this wave after the Christmas sales... :confused:
Even if production has delays, retailers should be encouraged to authorize pre-orders. If not the kids should spend their money elsewhere. And that's exactly what happened.

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells !!!

If I remember well, we wil not dee figures for the two or, three following waves because they have been designed before the theater release of AOTC.

Jangu Fett
12-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Well they looks great. On a scale of 1-10 they get a 7. They could have got a 10 if they HAD MINI-FIGURES. Great finally Jango's Slave-1, just a repaint of Boba's Slave-1. Were are the FIGURES??

JT, How about that mini-figure petition???

neonblade
12-23-2002, 08:06 PM
The rgs's slidding doors work which is cool. I can't wait to see the actual size. O and do you think the cockpit will be able to fit atleast one af figure. I hope so. And i hope the troop space is big too. No back ramp though :( I wish the missiles fired like other af's

Jangu Fett
12-23-2002, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure but the Gunship looks able to hold AF scale figures. At lest in the troop compartment. And I'm with you NB. I also hope that the cockpit can fit at lest 1 figure. I'll use a stormy to pilot. Some of them are clones, right?;)

Jedi Idej
12-24-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by sicqnus

If I remember well, we wil not dee figures for the two or, three following waves because they have been designed before the theater release of AOTC.

According to the blurb with the pics

These vehicles make great display pieces...

Reading between the lines, any "play" value in these ships are coincidental; they weren't meant to be toys!

Boooo. hssss.

sergiurusu
12-24-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by neonblade
The rgs's slidding doors work which is cool. I can't wait to see the actual size. O and do you think the cockpit will be able to fit atleast one af figure. I hope so. And i hope the troop space is big too. No back ramp though :( I wish the missiles fired like other af's

I like the new wave. Neonblade I think you made a point here. I HOPE that the gunship will be able to fit a minifig. I also hope to see some minifigs in the future even separately as some battle packs.

Hawkwind
12-24-2002, 03:05 AM
The gunships cockpit LOOKS huge so it would be ridiculus if hasbro has not botherd to make it able to hold figures , also theres a bump on the slave 1 just below the cockpit ???? maybe hasbro has a surprise in the slave 1 for us ?

sergiurusu
12-24-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Hawkwind
The gunships cockpit LOOKS huge so it would be ridiculus if hasbro has not botherd to make it able to hold figures , also theres a bump on the slave 1 just below the cockpit ???? maybe hasbro has a surprise in the slave 1 for us ?

Hope they'll have good surprises for us. After Galoob was bought by Hasbro I heard lots of complaints from real AF fans. Hasbro is interested more in the Actio Figures (I don't blame them for that- they get lots of $ from that- I heard even Seth Green collects Action Figures), but I think they shouldn't let behind this wonderful line which is Action Fleet. When a good friend of mine fopund for me and my little cousin most of the AF toys we were so escited with their features!!

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 07:00 AM
Jangu, I'm still waiting for Hasbro to comment from the home office on the issue one way or the other. So far, we've gotten a designer who was with Hasbro at SDCC to say they'll be back, but nobody else has said anything one way or the other to us on this... and we've been asking.

If all else fails, I may have something else up my sleeve for first-quarter next year to get Hasbro to comment or even act, but I think that's still a bit hush-hush for now.

good shot jansen
12-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
If all else fails, I may have something else up my sleeve for first-quarter next year to get Hasbro to comment or even act, but I think that's still a bit hush-hush for now.

oooooohhhh:eek:

very 007 of you mr. tricks

np: johnny rivers - secret agent man

SWAFMAN
12-24-2002, 10:23 AM
I don't mean to be the voice of dissent here, but the republic assault ship looks sorta boring to me, in the Hasbro picture. The bridge section in particular, seems way under-finished. I hope the production pieces have more paint detailing in that area of the ship. We need views of more angles of it, too! From this angle, the one nacelle seems like just a dull gray knob. Not that nacelles are supposed to look like a 1960s San Francisco concert poster, or anything, but it seems there could be at least some lighter gray highlights to bring out contrast or texture.

But still, YAY for getting two original designs!! Can't wait to hold one in my sweaty paws.

neonblade
12-24-2002, 11:19 AM
Well I think hasbro is missing the point of the af. Some kid who loves the line isn't gonna but the ships and run home and say. " Oh boy mommy these are cool now im gonna put them on a high shelf." Get my point? We want them to be for play. And if some one wants to keep them on the stand then fine. But don't take away the play from us.

Jangu Fett
12-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Exactly my point, Neonblade. No kid is going to buy this AF if they can't be played with. And again NB is right. THE AF ARE TOYS, NOT DISPLAYS FROM THE FRNKLIN MINT. Why else would they be sold at TOY STORES?

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Swaffy, I think the part behind the main deck looks super boring, like they took the most generic part of any AF set and slapped it in there at an angle. Then again, the RG hasn't been one of my favorite SW designs anyway.

sicqnus
12-28-2002, 08:25 AM
"Bring back our micro figures" on CNN today !

CNN.com today :
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/picture001.jpg

New Clone War movie :
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/gulfwarsposter.jpg

:evil:
Don't believe the Hype !