PDA

View Full Version : Something I don't understand in Star Trek Nemesis

Tycho
12-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Why did Shinzon want to wipe out life on earth? He was human!

Why did the Remans go along with it?

I guess the Klingons and Cardassians are still weak after the Dominion War, but so should Starfleet. But it's Reman / Romulan strategy to take care of the strongest opponent first?

Isn't the main point of the Reman cause to gain freedom from slavery?

Why don't they wipe out the Romulans? And why do they still let Romulan military command warbirds?

Lman316
12-18-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Why did Shinzon want to wipe out life on earth? He was human!

Why did the Remans go along with it?

I guess the Klingons and Cardassians are still weak after the Dominion War, but so should Starfleet. But it's Reman / Romulan strategy to take care of the strongest opponent first?

Isn't the main point of the Reman cause to gain freedom from slavery?

Why don't they wipe out the Romulans? And why do they still let Romulan military command warbirds?

There was a line that was said by Riker: "Wipe out humanity, wipe out the Federation." Or something along those lines. Then Shinzon went on to explain that he wanted no organization to stand in their way, even Picard's "precious Federation".

The Remans are going along with it because Shinzon is their leader and he, himself, is basically Reman, even if he's genetically human. The Remans are his "brothers" and he is trying to free them from slavery, as you stated, but as I stated, he wants no one opposing them.

The only reason(s) I can give as to why they don't just wipe out the Romulans would be for spite (and for something I explain below). That Remans would control Romulans this time around and show them what it's like to have someone breathing down their neck.

And why let them command the warbirds? Why not? Shinzon's ship was obviously superior and a few warbirds wouldn't be much of a problem, as was proved in the movie. Also, the Romulans themselves were for the destruction of the Federation and Shinzon was probably going to need them for "clean-up" after the destruction of Earth.

End...:D