PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Collection 2 Carded Pictures

gsr-jedi
12-19-2002, 01:13 AM
I saw these on SSG sorry if this is old news to anyone.

2003 Collection 2 Carded Pictures (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=619)

You can see the slight change they did to the cardbacks.

Beast
12-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the update. Looks like the only figure that hasn't changed at all is Eeth Koth. Teebo's knife and horn are now seperate pieces. Wish they would have given his headdress a bit more of a wash. And I was correct about the numbering, they added the POTJ re-cards to the end of '02's numbers.

[#54]Rebel Trooper: Tantive IV Defender
[#55]Imperial Officer
[#56]Eeth Koth: Jedi Master
[#57]Teebo

The two Library/Research droids look better in their final carded incarnations then the prototypes we saw recently. Can't wait to get them. Nice to see they arn't as dinky as originally appeared. And the Tusken Raider still looks great. Can't wait to get them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperors_Hand_2211
12-19-2002, 05:02 AM
Is eeth koth exactly the same figure, looks a bit different?

Tycho
12-19-2002, 06:27 AM
OK, I wonder if Mike took a good look and compared the old Imperial Officer to the new one. Same thing with the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

I can't tell the difference. I have a carded POTJ Imp Officer right in front of me as I type this. For some reason I've delayed opening him and putting him with others in my Death Star diorama - probably because I was going to hold off for a different looking officer.

What would be different for these 2 ?

A blonde haired Imp Officer like the one on the Tantive IV when Leia's being interrogated (the first time).

The old dude that looks like a hero amongst the fleet troopers (no, not Capt. Antilles, but the Sgt. that wears the same uniform as the rest of the stormtroopers' practice targets).

LTBasker
12-19-2002, 10:20 AM
Tycho, they could always be packaging prototypes and they used the first two releases for the picture. Only difference I can see is the Imp. Officer's head is tilted a little...

Yay, we can now play dress-up Teebo!!! :crazed:

Not so dissapointed in the Droids not coming with a console or anything now, I thought they'd be the size of pit droids. Although a small console to put Dexter's saber dart on would have been nice...

I hope the packaging improves a little, from those pictures it looks a little shoddy, like it's ready to fall off.

Jerjerrod
12-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Actually, This new Imp Officer is wearing the more unwrinkled uniform with baggy pants, like Motti, Tarkin, Piett etc. I actually like this uniform better than the POTJ I.O. It looks better and cleaner. When is this one coming out?

*This Officer actually looks like the guy in the photo too. :D

THE Slayer
12-19-2002, 02:03 PM
Does anyone consider the droids to be EU considering they actually arn't in the movie?

Jargo
12-19-2002, 02:10 PM
The Imperial officer seems to have a narrower face and a more pointy nose. His cap looks slightly different too. The RFT has got a less podgey face. Thinner cheeks and looks a little younger. I noticed Teebo's accessories and now I'm peeved i bought the earlier release. I might get it just for the bits seeing as they look better seperated and i can use Teebo for another Ewok with a repaint and a sculpey cowl. Eeth, again, nice statue for an arena scene. Padme has smeared her lipstick all over herface by the look of that packaged pic. Hope that's not going to be a problem.

Droids are big aren't they? Very cool looking. January is too far away for me. Want the droids bad. :crazed:

Rogue II
12-19-2002, 02:25 PM
I'm hoping to pick up a couple Imperial Officers and Rebel Fleet Troopers. I plan on using one of the Fleet troopers to customize a Capt. Antilles.

Hey, I'm kind of peeved also about Teebo coming with extra stuff. I thought they might add a couple accessories for this release because he would look awfully tiny in that big Saga package. I'll probably get him and custom him into another generic Ewok.

I can't wait for the Tusken Raider either. Is it just me or is his coloring a little off?

I wouldn't consider the Library Droids EU because they are in the deleted scenes.

Arrogant Arse
12-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Ugh! Another "Action Pose" Eeth Koth!! I thought the first one was bad, but now a second one. Ugh!

Droids-Not EU. They were filmed, but not shown on the big screen. (well, unless you have a REALLY great home theater system.) I thought that scene should have been in the movie.

The Overlord Returns
12-19-2002, 03:23 PM
It's the same eeth koth figure........just on a saga card........

JediCole
12-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Here are my thoughts on the figures shown:

Eeth Koth - As nearly as I can determine it is the same mold in all respects. Perhaps the placement within the blister makes him appear different, especially if you don't ever open your figures.

Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper - Thought they both give the impression of a difference between those shown and the originals, it is very subtle. I think most were expecting something more dramatic. Perhaps Hasbro should have opted for grey rather than black again with the Imperial Officer to give more variation.

Teebo - Like many others, I feel that those who missed him the first time around are getting what those of us who did not should have received. More toy for our money! I consider the rerelease a means of giving us what we deserved in the first place on the order of Taun We vs. Lama Su!

Library Droids - Personally I consider these guys on the cusp of EU and I would rather have seen something else done in favor of them, but I have expressed that view elsewhere. Like others, I was surprised (pleasantly) by the difference in the actual size and the size I had imagined.

Tusken Raider - Pretty much what I expected from the loose pictures. I like the accuracy of the gaffi sticks these days!

Padme - The only bad thing about this figure is that the wrap-around only works in a running (or standing in the wind) position.

Tycho
12-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Padme... I have to watch my DVD again.

Was she wearing the wrap around at Shmi's funeral?

Did she take it off when they got on the ship to watch Obi-Wan's holo?

I know she was not wearing it when she declared her intentions to rescue Obi-Wan. Her nice special-effects were happening in that scene.

Then when she tells Anakin to follow her lead, that she doesn't want to get into a war on Geonosis, she's putting it back on - so she might ALWAYS be running (just about) while wearing that shawl.

I do not think she's wearing it in the deleted conference with Dooku as well as the trial scene. It's been about 2 weeks or more since I've watched the movie and wasn't paying attention to that aspect of it.

Tycho
12-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Teebo is NO different than his earlier POTJ figure. It's the same one. He's just wearing his accessories on his green card package. Here they have the horn and knife separately. The hood is no different.

I'm bringing these figures in front of me while I look at the pictures to be sure.

There is NO change to the Rebel Fleet Trooper or Imperial Officer. There was only supposed to be a head-swap change.

Like I said, I can't tell and doubt this was done. These may be proto-types, or the new heads may not yet be ready for release, and they are going to go with the old mold, like the way they did the goatee'd Endor Rebel Soldier, for a little longer, and then swap the heads. It'll sell twice as many figures for them due to variation hunting. :P

Jayspawn
12-19-2002, 05:57 PM
I'm a little unimpressed with Teebo coming out again. But I'll get him anyways. I'm glad that Hasbro is reissuing Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper. I need lots more of those. The new Padme looks cool too!

I don't consider the Archive Droids to be EU. Because they are form an actual scene in the movie.

Jargo
12-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Padme wears the shawl at the funeral, she doesn't wear it at the trial. but she was wearing it when Dooku interogates her.

Tycho is right about Teebo, just checked mine. I know why i got confused because i was playing with my vintage one last night which only has one band going across his chest to a sort of horn and quiver affair in pinky plastic. I just had this image in my head that the two teebo accessories were one before. I'm tired today not thinking too straight. oops! But Tycho is right. tell your sister he was right, he was right about Teebo..........

Tycho
12-19-2002, 06:12 PM
:)

Banthaholic
12-20-2002, 02:09 AM
I hope they all look this good sitting in my shopping cart soon!

187-Maul
12-20-2002, 07:29 AM
like with the new deluxe figs, I'm not that impressed
I don't need the POTJ figs (ordered POTJ Eeth Koth some weeks ago), the Librarian Droids look cool but I don't need them either, tusken raider same as with droids and padme, well I still need one for my arena diorama although of course this outfit isn't exactly as it is in the arena and her face looks ugly too

Old Fossil
12-20-2002, 10:44 AM
Well I love the new Tusken sculpt. I'll take a solid case of 'em. Can't wait to mix 'em with my other Tusken sculpts & Sandtroopers! The inclusion of a fire-pit base is a definite plus. The Tusken female should fit nicely there; if I can find Yoda's pot to put over the fire, the nuclear Sandfamily will be complete.

BTW, I like the new Saga card's 'starburst' thingy better than the swirl/wave. Looks more like a Star Wars figure card now.

mrmiller
12-20-2002, 10:54 AM
These all look nice, and I'm very impresed with the Droids. That is a great buy for your $5. I'm a sucker for all droids, and expected thse to be much smaller too. 2003 looks to have some promise.

=MATT=

Lman316
12-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Droids, yes, I like 'em :D.

And I also like the re-use of the Imperial Officer and the Rebel Fleet Trooper. I always wanted more from POTJ (they were never in my area), and this will be better, anyway, because they won't look exactly the same.

Really like the Tusken. It is slightly...slightly pre-posed, but that's okay. We do have a few neutral posed Tuskens already, like the POTJ one, but I just think that we should have one or two more neutral. But I do like this one and I'll be picking up a few. A couple for AOTC scenes and maybe one or two for ANH scenes. I, too, really, really like the bases being included. It took them a long time to do it, but finally they included some kind of stand. And it's even better that it's part of their scene rather than just a clear piece of plastic (even though that would've been okay too ;))!

I'm a little peeved over Teebo too. That really isn't fair with the new accessories, and had I known, I probably would have waited. I may just do like a few others and get him for customization - I need the practice.

Eeth...meh. If I decide I need another Eeth for another diorama (which I don't think I will :p) I'll get one.

Overall, not too shabby. Can't wait to pick most of these up.

End...

DarthBrandon
12-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Here's what I think of the so-called new ones for 2003:

Eeth Koth - Looks the same as the POTJ one IMO. I'll buy one just because I didn't get him the first time around.

Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper - They look exactly the same as the first two I have already. I think a lot of people were expecting more of a change to them. I'll buy one of each again as I liked them a lot the first time around.

Teebo - Nothing new or exciting here IMO. Same thing different setup, this will be good for the ones who didn't get him the first time around. I'll pass with pleasure.

Library Droids - Personally I consider these guys to look a lot like the little droid from Short Circuit and I would rather have seen something a little more exciting than this. I'll pass with pleasure.

Tusken Raider - I like the look of this one, but I already have three so far along with momma. So I'll pass until clearance time, if at all.

Padme - I hate the face on this one but the sculpt with a Padme arena's head swap just might do the trick.

Tycho
12-20-2002, 04:41 PM
:rolleyes: Teebo does NOT have new accessories.

Lman316
12-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

Maybe I missed it in this thread....but they're not new? Are they old accessories that you can get someplace else and they just threw them in with Teebo?

I think what is meant by "new" (at least for me) is that they weren't with the POTJ release. On that card, he only came with the spear and none of the other "junk".

Can you clarify why they're not "new", Tycho? Did they maybe come with the Target accessory pack and I just have a lousy memory :p?

And about the Eeth, Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper....they are the same as the POTJ releases. The only exceptions are the heads for the Imperials and Rebels - as far as I know they [the heads] are different sculpts. But there is nothing different with Eeth (except how he's packaged). But if I'm wrong, someone please correct me :D.

End...

Rogue II
12-20-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

Sneaky Hasbro.:frus:

Beast
12-20-2002, 06:47 PM
Guys, the "new" accessories are already on the POTJ. Pick up your Teebo, the knife sheath and horn are already on the figure. They just packaged them seperatly for the re-issue. I know, it confused me at the start also. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
12-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Guys, the "new" accessories are already on the POTJ. Pick up your Teebo, the knife sheath and horn are already on the figure. They just packaged them seperatly for the re-issue. I know, it confused me at the start also. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

:eek:! Well, I'll be a.... duh. I guess it's been a while since I've looked at my Teebo :crazed:...

But let me ask this. Can you actually get those pieces off Teebo and use them as seperate accessories? (Mine's in storage - I just looked at the pic of Teebo in the Collector's Database).

I retract all my previous whining about the Saga-packaged Teebo...:D

End...

Rogue II
12-20-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
:eek:! Well, I'll be a.... duh. I guess it's been a while since I've looked at my Teebo :crazed:...

But let me ask this. Can you actually get those pieces off Teebo and use them as seperate accessories? (Mine's in storage - I just looked at the pic of Teebo in the Collector's Database).

I retract all my previous whining about the Saga-packaged Teebo...:D

It looks like it might take a little work to get his hood off, but once you do it, the other accessories will come off easily.

Jargo
12-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Just be careful you don't pull his head off while you heave at the hood is all I'm saying......:sur: little skinny necks snapity snappity snap! :crazed: