PDA

View Full Version : Collection 1? Collection 2?

Fulit
12-19-2002, 08:56 AM
What's all this Colelction 1 & 2 stuff about? I used to think Collection 1 was main characters and Col. 2 lesser ones, but now Padme is in Collection 2?

Also, what's up with the 2003 line-up saying, Collection 1 wave 11, Collection 2 Wave 8, or whatever? Didn't all Collections used to be the same wave numbers?

Is there some good organizational reason for this, or just needless over-organization?

LTBasker
12-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Collection 1: Gimmicks and no articulation.
Collection 2: No gimmicks and some articulation. Mainly the articulation that doesn't get interrupted by the gimmicks. ;)

plo koon 200
12-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Wave has nothing to do with figures. A wave is a case that has new figures added to it.

Jargo
12-19-2002, 04:52 PM
collection one: waves 5, 6, 7, 8,

Collection two: waves 10, (wave ten is a rollover from the waves of 2002), 2, 3, 4,

There doesn't appear to be a wave 1.

Collection one is aimed at kids and is hampered by imagination reducing gimmicks and lazy making action features that don't work. but seems to yield the most accessories.

Collection two is the statue and proper articulation collection and the stuff you as a more mature collector are supposed to collect. It contains the background characters apparently but so far it's contained secondary characters mostly, I'm still waiting for them to get started on the nano-second of screen time background characters.

The deluxe line and the screen scene line are both starting at wave 1 in 2003. again this seems to be some kind of one for kids one for adults thing. Kids get the poor quality of the deluxe line and the bitter disappointment in shoddy goods, while we the adults sit back and marvel at the superiority of the screen scenes depictions of pivotal moments from the movies while the kids gaze jealously at our collections and wish they had cool toys too.

Skywalker3319
12-21-2002, 09:41 PM
I thought collection 2 had the gimmics?:confused: