PDA

View Full Version : Another Brokein lightsaber Problem :(

Paul-Kenobi
12-20-2002, 12:34 AM
you may remember my post on Anakin's Lightsaber but now I have yet another Saga Brokein Lightsaber Problem.

my Nikto Jedi Lightsbaer Broke off once again this time when I was trying to reinforce the peg so it wouldnt brake off. But after that it got stuck in there for some odd resson and its ruin.

I was wondering if anyone had a Spar Nikto Jedi Lightsaber and if you could send to me for free that would be great I really don't have any monney right now but if one of you could help me out or at least give me a link to a site that sell's SAGA lightsabers or will send replacment sabers that would be great.

Thanks.

Fulit
12-20-2002, 09:02 AM
The only thing I know to tell you is that if you can find the Red Battle Droid Target Accesory Set, it comes with a green and a blue lightsaber. That's kind of a pricey replacement, but unless you find another Nikto hanging around.....

I would send you one of mine, but my kid has effectively broken those as well.

jpak001
12-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey Paul,
That really stinks, I feel for you man....
The only thing I could suggest is to buy a new Nikto when you get some $. It's a pretty common figure, you should be able to find it pretty cheap! I think I've actually seen it in one of the KB clearance 4 packs too.

Unfortunately, this figure is basically useless without his saber (due to his pose). :(

Lman316
12-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Doesn't Hasbro offer replacement accessories anymore?
When they used to be Kenner, I remember asking for a few spare parts (I believe I lost them), and they said they could replace them for like $2 and, IIRC, that's only for shipping them.
So, it probably wouldn't hurt to email them and ask if they can replace the saber and anything else (as long as it's from a current figure) you might need.

End...

Darth Sidious
12-20-2002, 01:53 PM
Use any old blue saber. I used the one with the Underwater accessory set, it looks fine. Better than nothing, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2002, 03:59 PM
Because Hasbro never has the parts in that I need :rolleyes: , I just tape the sabers to the hilt. It doesn't look too great, but it gets the job done.:)

Paul-Kenobi
12-20-2002, 06:52 PM
there's a big difference bytween the Nikto and Plo kOnns saber Plo's saber has a darker Paint Nikto dosent thats why i need the correct saber

plus I might sell this 20 years from now and i don't think anyone would buy this with a brokein lightsaber OR a Metal dow to replace the Brokein Peg :p

so I need a replacement that or i'm gona have to put something in to serve as a Peg.

InsaneJediGirl
12-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Did you try superglue?I've had a number of POTF2 Lightsabers(Always Lukes for some reason:rolleyes) break and I just regluged them on the hilt after cleaning up the area(leveling it) with a Xacto Knife.

Paul-Kenobi
12-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Nah i like the Removeable Blades this is from the Saga Line and i love the removeable Blades but its just everytime i try to reglue the peg it they won't reglue or they still brake off this one got stuck in the hilt and it won't come out i don't know why i glued it in there really good.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2002, 09:37 PM
I saw Nikto at WM tonight after work. Lemme know if you want one and if he's still there tomorrow, i'll pick him up for you. Drop me a PM if you wanna. :D

Paul-Kenobi
12-20-2002, 10:47 PM
erhhaaa I donno I mean i gotta spend 4$ just to get another figure i allreddy have what am i gona do with the other one?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-21-2002, 12:55 AM
I dunno, display it, blow it up with firecrackers, throw it at neighborhood children passing by, how the h---- should i know?!?!? Try an accessory pack or something then!!! :D

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 12:57 AM
are they even still around ?

Old Fossil
12-21-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi

plus I might sell this 20 years from now and i don't think anyone would buy this with a brokein lightsaber OR a Metal dow to replace the Brokein Peg :p

You'll be lucky if anybody buys it from you, 20 years from now. You might get $4 for it in 2022. Find a little American flag somewhere; he should be able to hold that well enough.:crazed:

fourtwo
12-21-2002, 12:50 PM
i see more nikto than i can "shake a stick at"...
they are everywhere here

Lman316
12-21-2002, 01:21 PM
Why don't you just buy the new one, take out the good saber, put the broken saber back in the package and take it back to the store? You'll get your money back and you'll have yourself a new lightsaber. :p
Just tell them that you opened the package and the saber broke. I doubt you'll have any problems.

End...:D

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 01:28 PM
you mean thall never be worth anything not even Yoda or Count Dooku ?

Old Fossil
12-21-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
you mean thall never be worth anything not even Yoda or Count Dooku ?

Who knows? But you have to figure that they made tens of thousands of 'em, and there are thousands of collectors putting them in plastic cases and shoving them into storage in the hopes that one day they'll be worth enough to take out an insurance policy on, like one would an oil painting by one of the Great Masters.

Plastic toys aren't historically a valuable commodity, like gems or precious metals or real estate. Their worth lies largely in the eyes of a few (thousand) individuals like ourselves. You couldn't sell a Nikto Jedi, or even a Jorg Sacul, at a pawn shop like you can a gold ring, though the Jorg figure might be worth more to you and me than a gold ring.

In the end, what's important is how much the toy is worth to you. If you are ever in a situation where you have to get rid of parts of your toy collection to buy, say, food, well, then you'll know how much your collection is worth both to you and to others. Hopefully, none of us will ever be in that situation, but it is not inconceivable. Until that day, buy what you like, and what you can afford, and enjoy them for the pleasure you get from looking at them and playing with them, not from the perspective of an investor.

That's all I have to say about that.:zzz:

Jargo
12-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Strangely the most collectible and valuable items are the ones we now think of as awful. The gimmicked figures will eventually be worth more than the non gimmicked figures. The crappy deluxe figures will be more valuable because of the stupid gimmicks. The more bizarre the item the better chance you have that it'll acrue value over time.
basic carded figures are ten a penny and not worth anything much unless they are the harder to find ones like freezeframe Weequay and TC-14 etc. But you're more likely to earn money on stuff like duvet covers and matching curtains with star wars motifs printed on them. The bobble head things are more of a curio and they will be worth a mint in the future. The lame light up figures of maul and Qui-Gon will also be worth money because their line was cancelled almost before it began, same as the trophy assortment. That means rarity and higher cash value. If you truly want to make money collect the more obscure items, the harder to find items. Not plastic figures that are made in thousands. Throwaway stuff like freebies from fast food restaurants makes more at auction than figures and related toys from the modern era. Or should I say legit auctions at auction houses not the ones run by scalpers on EBAY. Go for the mini busts, replica props, actual props, don't bother to get anything signed as it doesn't affect the value since the artistes signing have devalued themselves by signing too much stuff already. I would imagine a TIE fighter signed by one of the toy designers might be worth something more though. Or better yet signed by Joe Johnston. That would be quite a cool value boost i reckon. Just my two pennies worth. I don't collect for value other than enjoyment value. I've spent so much time and money getting the stuff I'll be damned if I'm just going to up and sell it all away again. People who collect for cash value should try the stock market instead, there's more return on that sort of venture and you're more likely to achieve the funding to send your kids through college.

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 03:33 PM
Well said guys, I didint know the Light up Halograms are worth alot of monney I should of picked one up when I had the chance :( I if I had known I would of.

I do have the Darth Tyrannus force Fliping figure. Could that be worth anything ?

187-Maul
12-21-2002, 04:03 PM
why are you guys (or just you paul, if you're serious) worrying about the value of these items? don't you buy them to enjoy them? anyways, I have holo darth maul but I opened him up right away, no matter if he's something worth or not
just my opinion of course

Jargo
12-21-2002, 05:23 PM
I don't care what the value of anything is. Just saying if you want to collect for value the odder the item the more value it'll end up having provided it wasn't a common item to begin with. Look at any valuation of stuff by an auction house and the least produced items and strange items are the most valuable. But in any case, the toys we have now will not be worth anyhting for countless years yet and with the amount of stuff churned out in the last few years there's very little that's going to have a lasting value. The stff that used to be high priced a couple of years ago is already depreciating on the collector market. Even vintage toys are depreciating. It's just not worth the time, effort and money involved in attaining these toys if you want to reap some kind of monetary return on them in future years that'll be substantial. Like i say, savings and investments on the stock exchange are more the way to gain money, buy shares in a company that's guaranteed to keep moving and keep an even keel whatever the financial climate. Funeral services is a good bet. There's always going to be funerals. The larger food comanies are also a good bet. People will always need food. Armaments manufacturers, soap manufacturers. All things people will always use and are likely to remain fairly constant in the long run. Just don't buy stock in a toy manufacturer........ :D Seriously, toys aren't going to buying your house for you or paying your pension way down the line so just enjoy the toys now while you still have sanity and while we still have clean-ish air to breathe and while no-one has unleashed a nuclear arsenal on the world.

Paul-Kenobi
12-21-2002, 06:27 PM
i love playing with the action figures i open all of them to play with them but if its worth something it might get you some where but oh well ill just get another peg for this thing if no one has a spar saber.

gsr-jedi
12-22-2002, 01:06 AM
I know this doesn't help you in any way, but this thread reminded me. The other day I was at Target and as usual, they had plenty of Mace Windu's :sur:, anyways on one of them the lightsaber was bent at the point where the blade goes into the hilt. I just laughed because it didn't even make it out of the package before the lightsaber broke.

Paul-Kenobi
12-22-2002, 02:15 AM
Arnt All the Mace Windu Geonosisan rescue lightsabers bent and brokein :p lol!