PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars

Howard
11-06-2001, 05:14 AM
I saw the teaser trailer yesterday for Episode 2... looks fantastic, can't wait etc...

but... I swear at some point in the past the 'Clone' Wars were referred to as the 'Colone' Wars?

Am I imagining this or has it changed?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 10:51 AM
Yeah, you're right. I believe it took place between Darth Hilfiger and Jedi Knight Ralph-Von Lauren.

SWAFMAN
11-06-2001, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but he pronounces it "RAFE" not Ralph.
;)

Fulit
11-06-2001, 02:28 PM
This thread gets a five star rating just for Mandalorian Candidat's reply.

Howard
11-07-2001, 04:51 AM
Yeah... thanks... maybe I dreamt it then.

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
Yeah, but he pronounces it "RAFE" not Ralph.
;) You mean like that guy who was supposed to be in Ep 1, Ralph Fines? ;)

Lobito
11-07-2001, 12:14 PM
hehehe...:D thats better than Ralph Maquio or Maccio...u know...the Karate kid...wax on, wax off...etc.:eek: :)

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 03:23 PM
Rafe Maatchio.

Heh. I like looking at the "Art of Star Wars" and seeing the faces they used. Ralph and Joseph Feinnes, Kenneth Branagh...the Keifer Sutherland one creeps me out. Was he really in the running?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-07-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Howard
Yeah... thanks... maybe I dreamt it then.

Hey Howard, just joshin' ya'! I thought the 'Colone' wars thing was just kind of funny, that's all. Hope you enjoy the forums on SSG.

:)

JediCole
11-08-2001, 11:10 AM
Bouncing Boy told me that he had read or heard somewhere ages ago that the Clone Wars were two wars or a series of wars in the past that were almost identical in nature (like WWI and WWII). This concept is, in my opinion, far superior to a war of a bunch of clones of someone. It is a shame that Lucas has become so enamored of one of the lamest sci-fi plot devices since "atomic age" radioactive mutants.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-08-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JediCole
It is a shame that Lucas has become so enamored of one of the lamest sci-fi plot devices since "atomic age" radioactive mutants.

What plot device are you referring to? The use of clones? I think Lucas was pretty much the 'pioneer' in the mentioning of clones, unless you count some unknown Z-movie plot line. Since he brought it up early in the movies, he pretty much is locked into using it for the prequels.