PDA

View Full Version : favorite 5 AF items?

sergiurusu
12-20-2002, 03:00 AM
which are your favorite 5 items from your collection?

JediGoofy
12-20-2002, 05:21 AM
Considering just my SW MM and AF collection, here is my list:

1) MM X-wing from TIE Fighter Pilot/Imperial Academy Transforming Action Set (with equal lenght engines and longer laser cannons)

2) AF TIE Defender (a very nice EU model)

3) X-ray AT-AT (you can see a group of Speeder Bikes stored inside)

4) AF Trade Federation Droid Fighter (an astounding tranforming action feature, from flight mode to walking mode)

5) BP Cantina Smugglers & Spies (a variegated group of bad people, useful to populate the SW underground universe)

There is a lot more but the constrainst stated by serg were clear. :)
Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. 3 posts in just one day! What is it happening to me? :D It has to be because the Nebulon B is coming! :happy:

good shot jansen
12-20-2002, 06:58 AM
favourite top 5............hmmmmm

millenium falcon needs to be on this list, of all the action fleet, this one has prolly the most amount of added features to offer hours of playabillity fun!

tie bomber mainly cause the missle firing mechanism was so well thought out and executed. a flawless bit of toy engineering.

sith infiltrator i love this ship, the detail is incredible, i love how the wings securely fold up and then out again without becoming wobbley, even after several use of hard play rotation (unlike the dreck they recently gave us in the form of the sailor:mad: )

virago i love this ship (eternal thanx to vt for tracking this bounty down fer me)

royal star ship the chrome treatment is perfect! the method of telescoping the engine finials into the body of the ship, so that it would fit into the size constraint box as mandated is brilliant. if only they had done this on the naboo fighter.

i can't say as this list is cast in stone, as my favourite ships seem to constantly change due to either what ever mood i happen to be in, or becuase i stumble upon some previously unknown feature that makes me go ga ga!

jeddah
12-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Royal Starship I'm with Geezjy on this one. The Chrome and telescoping finials are class personified. I would have hated it if they'd gone the same way as the big hasbro starship with that rubbish rubbery finial design. Peversely, I also seem to like the click the opening cockpit makes :D how busted is that? Kinda like when you go to an electric shop and test teh Cd=trays for smooth action :D la Alan Partrdige <wink @ BC3>

X-wing Okay, I forgive them the engine 'safety' issue and the rather drab colouring, but this is an iconic ship and they did it justice. The Naboo Starfighter could become an iconinc design, but they crapped on it dimensionally and it began to give the shuttle a run for its money on duckosity
Y-wingThe clear nacelles are odd but not un-get-overable. Again this is probably because the craft is an icon from my childhood, but I remember Mark Doyle and Simon Glover in primary school both had the red die cast Y-wings and I really wanted one but we weren't so well off and the figures were expensive in themselves, let alone the ships. So anyway. I like the Y-wing.
Anakins PR Best energy binders and a great little detailed model. It's a shame the air flaps mechanism was so shoddily made - mine broke in a couple of weeks and that was not even after messing around with it really that much. This is also one thing where the figure is v important, open cockpit etc.
AF Medium transport playset I am a lover of rebellion ships and thaty includes freighters and capitals. TRhis one is one of my favouritres because i is so original and I love the concept of of modular containers and although the playability featue of the X-wing MM kinda messes with the canon of the whole thing but I keep it closed up an on display. I wish the landing gear were removable so I could mount it more realistically.

These change on a regular basis

jeddah

sicqnus
12-20-2002, 05:51 PM
:) I love (ok, only five) :
- Ep.1 Gungan Sub
- Ep.1 Sith Infiltrator
- EU Tie Defender
- EU Rogue 2 Snowspeeder
- CL Imperial Landing Craft

:( I do not...
- CL Y-Wings (all).
- CL X-Wings (all).
- CL B-Wing.
- CL Blockade Runner.
- Ep.1 Naboo Fighter ex-aequo with Drod Control ship.

Glitch
12-21-2002, 01:30 AM
My babies! How can I choose? It's just like Sophie's Choice!

Oh well........

5. Federation Landing Ship: Love the size, detail, and features. Also, it was a bit of a personal victory to get it made at that size. How would it have looked at 6" from the tip of the left wing to the tip of the right wing? Answer: like crap! Thank you Hasbro/LFL contract loophole!

4. Starship Troopers Plasma Bug: One of the things that I love about Action Fleet, is that not all AF's had to be vehicles. This is my favorite example of this. Neat bug, neat features, neat paint (at least on the proto).

3. Neeva Kee's Pod Racer: The best of the unproduced. The paint, detail, scale, and features are all top-notch!

2. Millennium Falcon: Hey, it's the Falcon! It was also a pain in the rump, so it was nice to see the final result.

drum roll......

1. Alien Narcissus: VERY simple choice for me. It's a cool AF ship as well as a cool AF playset - all in one. This, to me, makes it stand out from all the others. I LOVE this AF ship!! :)

Honorable mentions: Federation Tank, Aliens APC, Gungan Sub, Starship Troopers Retrieval Ship, Anakin's Pod Racer, and the Federation MTT (personal reasons).

Damn, there were a lot of great AF toys!

Great topic!

sergiurusu
12-21-2002, 01:43 AM
1.TIE Defender (great design)
2.Falcon (so many features)
3.Aliens Drop Ship (opening weapons)
4.Aliens APC (this is a WONDERFUL vehicle)
5.TIE Fighter ( I always loved the TIE design)

good shot jansen
12-21-2002, 07:32 AM
i had kept my list limited to star wars, but when considering the entire action fleet line, i would definately have to include the starship trooper retrieval ship. i love all the features on that guy.

of the aliens af, i love both the narcissus and the apc, but my nod for that line definately go's to the drop ship (thanx swaficus!). i love the overall look, the opening weapons racks, the landing gear operation (even the back one jt :p ), but most of all, cause the mm apc actually fits perfectly into the cargo hold, and deploys perfectly from it's larger af brethran.

this is one of the reasons why i love all things galoob, the size scale across all the lines, you can always find a toy from either the mm, dc, or af toy lines, and make it work with another toy from a different galoob line!

viva micro machines!

SWAFMAN
12-22-2002, 01:52 AM
Only 5? Glitch pegged it with the Sophie's Choice reference!

I may give a different answer tomorrow, or even 5 minutes from now, but at this moment, these are my 5 picks....

AF Yavin Playset (you said items, not just ships)
Saga Falcon
EP1 Droid Control Ship
Dagobah X-Wing
Aliens Drop Ship or Narcissus (flip a coin, I can't decide!!)

Five is not enough. There are plenty others that are equally deserving of the list.

JediTricks
12-22-2002, 05:28 AM
It'd be easier for me to simply name the 5 items that aren't my favorites. ;)

short4astormtrooper
12-22-2002, 03:37 PM
5 items, 5 movies, here we go...

EPI- sith Infiltrator
EPII- AT-TE (one of my overall favorites)
EPIV- Falcon (the one that got me started in AF collecting)
EPV- Dagobah X-wing
EPVI- Tyderium

EU- Alpha Droid Fighter

Honorable mentions
Snowspeeder, , AT-ST, Landspeeder

I too like the Aliens "Narcissus"- very nice, someday I might open it!

Battle Droid
12-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Well I've only got 3 in my collection, the AT-TE, Remote Control AAT, & MTT. I love the MTT & AT-TE, but I'd rather have the regular AAT though.

I use to have some classic one's but they got lost or left behind in a move.

jeddah
12-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Well I've only got 3 in my collection,

:o

Quick guys, grab sticks! :D

[j/k] Well, Bd, you've come to the right place to increase your collection ;) And yes, the AAT is uber cool...

jeddah

RobertDD
12-24-2002, 08:56 AM
1. George Lucas as tie fighter pilot prototype figure. This one is painted with such detail it actually is a spitting image of GL. 15 minutes or so before the auction went off ebay USA went down. Before that the bidding war over this rare item already started, people were bidding on it viciously and I was already seeing it slip through my fingers due to way too high prices. However, when ebay went down I had the presence of mind to go into ebay Germany and place the highest bid without competition whatsoever. The next day I got a few email offers for the fig that I respectfully declined.

2. The JC Penney AT-AT. I always loved the design of the at-at and that middle button is just plain cool!

3. Zaap set, I love the pewter finish, although I would not have liked it on the entire line. But it makes a nice diversion from the regular painted AFs

4. Episode 1 Mos Espa Market. This is just a great playset with lots of features. Did anyone ever figure out what that extra loose rubbish was that you got with it?

5. The Tie fighter. I cannot believe that the DV Tie was so present in so many different ways and the regular tie was not. Looking at my collection I have like 6 versions of the DV tie vs just two regular Tie fighters. And then the new AF series starts of with the damn thing again! Even the Lego mini set comes with a DV tie instead of a regular tie (which was an exclusive so I wont be even able to buy it in large numbers). If they just would've made a set with a regular tie and an X-wing I would've bought prob. 6 or more of that just to stage a big fight around my Lego's star destroyer (I know it's under the tree, woohoo!)!
Wasn't there supposed to be only one DV Tie???

Least favorite:
DV Tie, just because it shows up sooooooooooooooooooo often (see above)

cloneemperor
12-29-2002, 05:27 AM
Howdy everyone, I've been checking out the boards for a long time now, and just decided to join yesterday.

Well, lets see.

In no particular order:

1. TIE Defender
2. B-Wing
3. Millenium Falcon
4. Dagobah X-Wing
5. TIE Interceptor

I know some of you don't like the B-Wing, but I always thought it was a really cool ship in the first place, second place it came with Admiral Ackbar, and third I only ever saw it in one store and that was on my honeymoon, so it has particular sentimental value to me.

jeddah
12-29-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by cloneemperor
{sniip} 2. B-Wing {snap}

I know some of you don't like the B-Wing, but I always thought it was a really cool ship in the first place, second place it came with Admiral Ackbar, and third I only ever saw it in one store and that was on my honeymoon, so it has particular sentimental value to me.

Quick guys! Grab sticks again :evil:

just kidding CE, welcome :)

jeddah