PDA

View Full Version : New Venom Figure...

Lman316
12-21-2002, 02:09 PM
I saw this in a Toyfare magazine a little while ago along with a Spider Sense Spiderman, whose eyes light up.
Anyway, to my surprise I found the Venom figure (and the rest of the wave) at my Wal*Mart and got him today. He comes with a base that can "trap" figures and pour slime on to them.
But, if anyone else here has this, can you answer me something? Does your figure "ratchet" at the waist? When I turn the waist of my Venom, it clicks like there's some kind of mechanism there - like he has some kind of action feature. Yet, there is no button and there is no mention of it on the package. Does anyone know why he has it?
And about the base...it says that there are bendable symbiote arms (those are used to "trap" the figures)...but when I tried to bend them, one ripped. Luckily it was at a seam so I can glue it later, but that just kinda irked me.
This figure looked so cool in the magazine and on the card. I thought it was the definitive Venom figure, but once I opened it, I'm not too sure. If they all do that clicking, then I guess I'm okay with that...but that thing with the base...ugh. And I can't take it back either....last one :(.

About the figure itself though....it is very nice. Has a lot of articulation, nice paint job, cool slimy tongue sticking out of his mouth...I like it. However, his legs have that V-Crotch crap, so when you move the legs they go outward, you know? But the way you can bend his knees and feet make up for it - allows him to have a crouching pose. He even has articulation at the hands, which I thought was cool.

If you're a fan of Venom (like me :D), you should try to pick this up...but just be careful with the base...and someone let me know about that ratcheting :D!

Thanks!

End...

kadamontaga
12-21-2002, 04:50 PM
I haven't read it yet, but you can find a review at: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122002b.htm