PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Tell Me . . .

Jedi Learner
12-21-2002, 09:01 PM
why the Yoda (Jedi Council) figures are showing up on Canadian cards here in the States? My TRU had a bin full of 15-20 of them and they were all apparently imported from Hasbro Canada. Has anyone found one on an American card?

jjreason
12-22-2002, 01:35 AM
Consider yourself lucky in a way.... I LIVE in Canada and noone up here seems to have found that figure on ANY card. Neat find though.

gsr-jedi
12-22-2002, 01:42 AM
I don't know what the difference is between the American & Canadian cards, but my Yoda the cardback is all the same; the only difference between him and other figures is the name plate card, the underside of it (where the UPC is) is different.

fourtwo
12-22-2002, 06:37 AM
the difference is american cards are all english, our cards have french as well..

JediTricks
12-22-2002, 06:46 AM
JL, it could be a shipment that went to the wrong country, this is the first I've heard of US stores getting new Yoda on multi-lingo cards.

JEDIpartner
12-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Freaky!! I got a bunch of POTF2 figures with the Japanese sticker on the reverse!

Jedi Learner
12-23-2002, 12:50 AM
JT--the strange thing is, they're not multi-lingual. They are printed in English, but are apparently destined for countries other than the U.S. The back of the card says it is distributed by Hasbro Canada. On the bottom of the bubble insert is a list of destination countries, including the U.K., among others. From a dead-on frontal view, the card looks EXACTLY like an American card. There is no French text at all.

I also noticed the distinctive "child-warning" label on the back of the card that is not used here in the States (which was my first clue that it was not American).

For those of you who think I'm crazy, check out the picture of the back of the card in the Collector's Database. It shows exactly what I'm talking about. You can at least clearly see the warning label at the bottom and possibly make out the distribution information. The one pictured there is just like the ones my TRU received.

I guess one possibility may be that Hasbro was so desperate to beat the Xmas rush that they were forced to import some of these figures to meet demand. :confused: I don't know. It's an interesting find. I hope Hasbro isn't short-changing other countries by distributing them here.

Emperor Howdy
12-23-2002, 03:00 AM
Incidently, is that new Jedi Council Yoda the exact same one from Ep. I plus a light saber (that came with the Jedi Master Yoda)?

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 07:24 AM
JL, you're talking about this pic, right? http://www.figures.com/archives/images/26/47226.jpg

It's like the bottom of this card the new 2003 figs, like this new Tusken - http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/70/47970.jpg

I guess Hasbro is making the US ones more international-friendly without going tri-lingo on us. Or perhaps Canadian law relaxed the manditory French regulation and now Hasbro is making Canada/US cards all the same.