PDA

View Full Version : Anyone STILL waiting on Kebco figures???

jedihunter25
12-22-2002, 12:59 AM
On 9/15/02 I preordered these figs from Kebco-

Clone Trooper Pilot
Jango Pilot
Lott Dodd
Padme Pilot
Tusken Raider
Watto

I checked my order status on their web site and it says they were shipped on 11/18/02 but no figs yet. I've called them numorous times in the last two months and no one answers or when they do they say they will be shipped in two weeks. The last time I called (a few days ago) they didn't even know if they shipped them yet. Is anyone else going though this?????

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Affirmative, captain. I'm still waiting for- Ephant, Jango, Padme, and the Destroyer Droid. I don't care that you can get these in the stores and i already got an Ephant just cause he's rare, i just want them here, dammit!! I'm going to call them today and see what the dilly is. :D

Jedi Master Silas
12-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I wont be ordering from them.

KEBco
12-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Hi,

This is Scott Barnette at KEBco Toys. I just wanted to ask jedihunter25 if he was going to post the positive responses that he gets from us or just the ones that in his opinion are negative?

We are currently shipping the last of the EP2 Saga Pre-Orders. We still have many Pre-Orders to ship out and we should have them all out in the next 2 weeks, hopefully by Jan 3rd, 2003

Many shipments have been delayed the past 2 months due to several factors. This does not just happen to KEBco Toys shipments, it happens to everyone. If you are a current customer you should have received numerous newsletter updates explaining the delays.

If someone would like to buy Hasbro and have them ship figures at a certain time and in a better fashion that would be great. I would volunteer, but I have yet to win the lottery.

Thanks,
Scott

jedihunter25
12-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Well Scott, I dont mean to post negative responses about Kebco- But it does get really fustrating when you order figures a little over 3 months ago and you are told over the phone everytime that it will be 2 weeks. My means of starting this thread is to see how many or if anybody else has been waiting as long as I have. And yes, I do feel alot better now that I recieved your E-mail. Thankyou-

plasticfetish
12-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Wow. What a stunningly heartfelt apology.
I recommend that you continue to buy those lottery tickets, because your attitude is going to kill your business.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I've had no problems with KEBco until this and i don't blame them at all. It is due to the strikes and the season and whatnot. I just wanted them here, so i'm not really complaining, just curious. I agree with plasticfetish, that sort of attitude isn't very wise. KEBco has always been good to me, we're just getting curious. :D

KEBco
12-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Hi plasticfetish,

Do you have a point? My comment about the shipments from Hasbro was not really an apology. It was just a simple point that Hasbro makes the rules. They make the figures, they ship the figures.

I do understand that everyone wants to receive their figures as fast as possible. But the bottom line is Hasbro controls that. My comment about the lottery was intended to be a little humorous.

We try our very best to ship to all customers as quickly as possible. We try very hard to please all of our customers and will continue to do that for many years to come as our business continues to grow.

Why would you feel I have a bad attitude? Do you have a point or do you just want to post unwarranted negative comments?

plasticfetish
12-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by KEBco
Hi plasticfetish, Do you have a point?

Hi Scott,
Uh ... Yeah.

I think my point was that though I and most anyone reading your post can quite easily sympathize with your dilemma ... obviously things are a little busy right now ... your response seemed to be more defensive than apologetic. Not that it's any of my business how you run your business, but I would say that a simple "sorry, I'll see what we can do" followed by a private e-mail, is going to work better than posting excuses on a public board. So, I'm sorry if you could not understand the point of my "unwarranted negative comment" ... though, I was probably giving you more credit than you deserved when I referred to your response as an "apology" in the first place.

KEBco
12-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I try to not come across as defensive and I do send private emails to all customers answering their questions or concerns. I don't feel I should talk about those in the forums because they are private.

And of course I have responded to jedihunter25 and his figures are on the way Monday morning.

I guess I might seem a little defensive sometimes when someone posts the bad and not the good. They post the bad and then sometimes a day or two later they get the positive response they are looking for, but then the bad post stays out here forever. And they don't bother to come back and say, oh yeah by the way I contacted KEBco Toys about my figures and they are on the way.

Not that jedihunter25 intentions were to do that. I am actually referring to other posts over the past few years.

That is why I respond to the posts to let everyone know that we will always do our best to satisfy our customers and to even out the bad and the good.

Jedi Clint
12-22-2002, 10:36 PM
I'm waiting for my Ephont, Destroyer, Padme, Jangos, and Clone pilots as well. I think that sometimes patience is hard to come by for all of us. Scott has always been accomodating to my concerns, and I'm certain that he intends to make good on his business dealings as soon as possible.

jedihunter25
12-23-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by KEBco
I do send private emails to all customers answering their questions or concerns. I don't feel I should talk about those in the forums because they are private.

And of course I have responded to jedihunter25 and his figures are on the way Monday morning.

I guess I might seem a little defensive sometimes when someone posts the bad and not the good. They post the bad and then sometimes a day or two later they get the positive response they are looking for, but then the bad post stays out here forever. And they don't bother to come back and say, oh yeah by the way I contacted KEBco Toys about my figures and they are on the way.

Not that jedihunter25 intentions were to do that.

That is why I said "I feel much better now that I recieved your E-mail"- in my last post because it was a private E-mail. I thought that if I did respond with saying that my figs are on the way Monday morning, everyone else's figs that don't get shipped Monday morning would be calling and wondering why their's weren't. Sorry, but I was trying to save you a little less aggrivation. :)

scruffziller
12-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Shoot, if people are waiting for their figures from an online store, no wonder I have not seen any Ephant Mons at WAL MART.

Jedi Master Silas
12-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I wouldnt order jack from a person with that kind of attitude. Buyer beware.

Darth Sidious
12-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Eh...This is quite a strange situation...I fully agree with you JMS. Unless he becomes an administrator I don't think he has any right whatsoever to attempt to control what we type here. I read through the posts here and I found no examples of libelous statements. Nobody has done anything wrong, legally or morally. The majority of people on these forums come from democratic countries. They have been given freedom of speech to a certain degree, and simply asking if anyone else is experiencing these problems is CERTAINLY not surpassing our boundaries. If anyone believes it is, perhaps you had better reread the Constitution. Carefully. For those of you who believe we are in Communist Russia, Big Brother is NOT watching us.

jjreason
12-26-2002, 02:30 AM
Ive had no problems with Kebco. No I don't work for them, and I've never had an email from "Scott", only the company newsletter emails from time to time. Ive made two orders from Kebco, and in both cases I felt I got more than my moneys worth.

There's no problem with airing grievances and checking to see if others are in the same boat - none at all. I have next to no patience with anything in this world beside my 3yr old daughter. The crank of it is, as the employee posted, RARELY does someone come back and clear the original "subject of complaint"'s name upon proof that the complaint is unfounded. I hope that Jedihunter will let us know what the results of his dealings with Kebco were. Based on my past experience, Im betting everything turns out fine.

Jedi Master Silas
12-26-2002, 02:24 PM
OH DS! That was an excellent point ^5 (high five)