PDA

View Full Version : TRU Starscream is out now!!!

sith_killer_99
12-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I didn't put this in the Just Found section because it's not a Star Wars toy.

The new Toy's R Us Commemorative Series II Starscream is out now. I have yet to see it at TRU but it is poping up on ebay. Here's a pic I found:

Jedi Master Silas
12-22-2002, 05:56 PM
I like the box.....I'm not into the Transformers but my hubby is. This is a TRU exclusive eh? Are there going to be more?

Exhaust Port
12-22-2002, 09:24 PM
AWESOME! This is one that I've been waiting to get my hands on. Come to papa.

Adam
12-23-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
I like the box.....I'm not into the Transformers but my hubby is. This is a TRU exclusive eh? Are there going to be more?

Currently Optimus Prime, and Ultra Magnus can be bought at TRU. (Good luck finding Prime though.) Rodimus Major (AKA Hot Rod) shipped with them, but I haven't seen him for several months. Magnus is pretty easy to find.

Power Master Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor will start to show up pretty soon as well.

Jazz, Silverstreak (AKA Bluestreak..) and I think Thundercracker will show up later in the year.

I guess I should posted a topic like this when I saw Starscream last week...:)

sith_killer_99
12-23-2002, 08:58 AM
:eek:

Adam
12-23-2002, 03:40 PM
BTW, its rumored that Silverstreak will be in Bluestreaks anime colors. So while Bluestreak has always been silver, Silver streak may be blue.. weird..:sur:

Edit: Ok ignore that! Bluestreak's anime color wasn't blue! This is what anime bluestreak looks like.

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=251

I'm such an idiot! I should have remembered that..

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 04:15 AM
I have heard that TRU will be getting solid cases of regular Prime soon, so it won't be as hard to find this fig as it has been so far.

I hate to say it, but this TRU Starscream looks really dull in that packaging for some reason. I hadn't been planning on buying this fig anyway, but now I'm solid on that decision.

I want Soundwave w/ cassettes!!!

sith_killer_99
12-24-2002, 10:36 AM
Everyone wants Soundwave with the cassettes.

If Hasbro is even slightly interested in making money with these re-issues then they will green light this baby.

As for the solid cases of Prime, I believe they may have started shipping already. I stopped by TRU about 2 weeks after T-giving and they had about a dozen Primes' and NO Ultra Magnus (Cincinnati, OH). Solid cases of Optimus Prime...good call Hasbro!

I still can't believe Hasbro went with Apex Armor Optimus before Soundwave.:rolleyes: What were they thinking? Maybe it's a cost cutting technique, since they were already cranking out Diesel molds (Prime and Magnus being the same mold) they figured...why not keep 'em rollin'.

I will be buying ALL of the TRU re-issues. It's the only thing besides Movie Maniacs and Star Wars I collect.

Adam
12-26-2002, 04:20 PM
The Soundwave mold is damaged, last time I heard. It's going to cost some cash to fix it, and Takara may never end up doing so. :cry:

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 07:50 PM
That would be tragedy if true and a serious mistake on Takara's part if they don't deal with it. If nothing else, they could pull molds from the original toys and simply tighten up these new molds.

plasticfetish
12-28-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Everyone wants Soundwave with the cassettes.
Yeah ... I think that's true!

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I still can't believe Hasbro went with Apex Armor Optimus before Soundwave
I would assume it has mostly to do with what's been put out in Japan by Takara so far. They've done this one and a few exclusive color variations so far. I would have rather this one was just a standard Powermaster Prime ... and $20 less (esp. since the Japanese apex version isn't too hard to get your hands on.)

Will be looking for Starscream!

Imperial Monarche
01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
if anyone has gotten the new star scream, tell me is there anything different about him like how they screwed up prime and magnus by cuttin down their smoke stacks and making the missiles on magus as long as his arms?

Adam
01-08-2003, 08:53 PM
They had to for safety reasons, or else they couldn't release them in the US. If you want unaltered near original versions, get the bookstyle Takara reissues.

Oh yeah. Starscream has long missles like the other reissues.

Imperial Monarche
01-09-2003, 08:46 AM
what i don't understand about prime and magnus is why they cut down the smoke stacks. I can understand the missile extra lenth because those can be detached from the body and swallowed, but the smoke stacks stay on the toy and cant be swallowed and i don't think any child is stupid enough out there to try and stick it in their eyes, but if thats the case they could stick the horns of magnus' head in their eyes or the missiles themselves. all it did was make optimus and magnus look very stupid.

plasticfetish
01-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Imperial Monarche
[B]I can understand the missile extra lenth because those can be detached from the body and swallowed, but the smoke stacks stay on the toy and cant be swallowed ...B]

hmmm ... that's a good, funny point really. I understood (for what it's worth) that the smokestack thing was a breakage safety issue and that the missile thing was a choking hazard issue. But in a way I suppose you're right, what's to really stop a kid from choking or hurting himself on any of it, If he/she can manage to jam it in his/her eye or stuff it in his/her mouth?

I've noticed that the weapons on some of these bots aren't chrome, but are rather just black plastic. Probably a safety thing to do with swallowing hazards and the chrome plastics being sharper when broken or lodged in a kid's throat.

Mostly I'm wondering what "child" would be shelling out $40 and up for these toys just to break and then eat them. I wont be choking on mine, since they'll be sitting in their boxes up on a shelf.

I wouldn't look at these things to be duplicates or replacements for the originals though. Rather, think of them as modern tributary versions of the classics. "Modern" meaning in line with today's nutty safety standards and "tributary" meaning in line with today's standard high prices for collectables.