PDA

View Full Version : Once again collecting is at a down period

Turbowars
12-22-2002, 08:16 PM
I would have liked Hasbro to pump out a few more figures before the years end. There's not much to talk about here. I hope this isn't a trend for the next few years. I know it gets a little slow at non movie years, but it's already kinda dead. Thats just my 2 cent.

Tycho
12-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Han Hoth
Chewie Mynock Hunt
Luke Jedi
Boba Fett flying
Obi-Wan Acklay Fight
Padme Droid Factory
Anakin droid hand
Jedi Analysis Droids
Lama Su w. Clone
Yoda w. Younglings
Coleman Trebor
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Flying R2D2
Count Dooku Lightning
Tusken Raider (severable head)
Jedi Younglings
Padme Wedding
Clone Trooper (infantry)
Lars Family 3-pack
Club Outlander Patrons (up to 4 possibly)
Separatists' Command Center (up to 3 new figures - possibly Poggle)
Waitress Droid from Dexter's
New Imp Officer
New Rebel Fleet Trooper
Bail Organa

That's my $169.66's worth - at least....

LTBasker
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
I don't mind it. The Deluxe have yet to show up past Nexu/Ani w/ Geo along with the Acklay, but I really don't mind the slow down. A breather once in awhile is nice, especially after 52 figures from April to now, and theres still two left, not too mention the ones who still have to track down the newest ones like Ephant Mon.

Turbowars
12-22-2002, 11:18 PM
I don't know, I guess I like to chase the figures. I like the hunt, or is it I hate the hunt. I guess it's a love hate sort of thing. My interests are going towards Mcfarlane these days. They are pumping out many of my other favorite movie figures, but SW will always be a passion.

Jayspawn
12-23-2002, 01:35 AM
I don't mind the down time much. It gives me a chance to save up more $ for later. And work on a few other toy lines too.

Tycho
12-23-2002, 02:35 AM
The only other toy line I'm collecting is ArtAsylum's Star Trek figures. Haven't even decided if I'm buying their ships yet.

In Star Wars I did finally decide to buy the 25th Anniversary scenes - Han/Chewie, Luke/Leia - only because I found the perfect Ben/Darth! I'm trying to make myself return them - I really didn't need them, or their expense (though they were on sale for around $9 each) but I buy to open stuff - there's no point in opening these, so...

Meanwhile, If you want the challenge of the hunt, the rumor is that:

Pamde Droid Factory (white outfit)
Sand Person (Tusken Raider)
Jedi Analysis Droids 2-pack
Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head)
Imp Officer (new head)
Zuckuss (re-carded)
Teebo (re-carded)

are all out now - showing up very rarely at some Targets.

You might find them by going out to the store before they open and waiting to be the first in...

They MIGHT have these now, before about a month-2 months of non-ordering, inventory management sets in (where we'll listen to countless stories of how unfair distribution is, and how limited these figures are - all untrue). But if you want to hunt - now's your chance to get them before they are common peg-warmers by March.

Bobajames
12-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Han Hoth
Chewie Mynock Hunt
Luke Jedi
Boba Fett flying
Obi-Wan Acklay Fight
Padme Droid Factory
Anakin droid hand
Jedi Analysis Droids
Lama Su w. Clone
Yoda w. Younglings
Coleman Trebor
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Flying R2D2
Count Dooku Lightning
Tusken Raider (severable head)
Jedi Younglings
Padme Wedding
Clone Trooper (infantry)
Lars Family 3-pack
Club Outlander Patrons (up to 4 possibly)
Separatists' Command Center (up to 3 new figures - possibly Poggle)
Waitress Droid from Dexter's
New Imp Officer
New Rebel Fleet Trooper
Bail Organa

That's my $169.66's worth - at least....

number of those i will actually see with the distribution and scalping around here = 4
WHOOPEDEEDOO!
:crazed:

sith_killer_99
12-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Tycho, you had to pay $9.00 for the Anniversary set...on sale, WOW!

I just found these at KB Toys for $4.95 each. They had TONS of Vader and Ben sets along with Luke/Leia and one, yes one lonely Han/Chewie set. Needless to say, I now have a loose set of each in my collection (I paid full price for my MIMB sets 11 months ago :( ).

I tell you though, these things should have been priced at $4.95 from the start, IMHO.

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-23-2002, 10:47 AM
This is OK I'm only 15 and not allowed to work during the Winter so I'm really low on money and going to have to only buy a few figures until I'm able to earn money in the Spring... so yea It's fine or shall I say GREAT! that it's slow

fourtwo
12-23-2002, 12:54 PM
we're sooooo far behind you guys so i don't think you should complain.
:D
haven't even seen the pilot wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Meanwhile, If you want the challenge of the hunt, the rumor is that:

Pamde Droid Factory (white outfit)
Sand Person (Tusken Raider)
Jedi Analysis Droids 2-pack
Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head)
Imp Officer (new head)
Zuckuss (re-carded)
Teebo (re-carded)

are all out now - showing up very rarely at some Targets.
Since when is Zuckuss being recarded?

Tycho
12-23-2002, 01:08 PM
Whoops! That was a mistake. Zuckuss is not being recarded. I think I was looking at my 12" when I typed that.

As far as I can see from the list I was typing, it should have included Eeth Koth (re-carded), not Zuckuss.

Sorry. I didn't catch that.

sith_killer_99
12-23-2002, 01:21 PM
A re-carded Zuckuss would be SWEET! Or even a re-sculpt of Zuckuss!

Don't get me started on re-sculpting the Bounty Hunters....:crazed:

steve3p0
12-23-2002, 01:57 PM
i agree collecting is at a down period, but for me its because stores in my area load up for christmas around sep - oct and do not restock until well into the new year.

it seems i have had trouble finding toys which were released during this time of year ever since i began collecting star wars.

last year, it was the fx7 , imp. officer , rebel trooper and queen amidala.

in 1999, it was the holo sidious, sio bibble, tc-14 , r2-b1 , commtech stormtrooper and darth vader.

JEDIpartner
12-23-2002, 02:26 PM
I'm glad there is a lull. There's more to life than just Star Wars. Who could possibly wish to spend every last penny they earned on this stuff... someone who's clearly mental. I spend a fair amount on this hobby... but I'm glad for the breather Hasblah has given us. It looks like 2003 will be another fine year for figure collectors!

Skywalker3319
12-23-2002, 03:42 PM
like said above, Im saving my money for later, especially for the ROTJ LUKE/VADER/FETT figs, but primarily Luke Jedi. Just bide your time, and try to focous on other things. I dont collect any other figure lines, and quite frankly, I have been busy with my girlfriend (grins) but still, I got the figs. I needed to get to complete my collection, and now Im gonna wait prob. until march/april/may to get started back up again. I think that its a good past time, what we do, collectors, its a tough path, dont get me wrong, especially w/o a car, so the internet and online shops help me(Im a spoiled brat, so Im constantly reciving money) and the price doesnt really bother me so much, I just feel whats a few extra dollars for happiness? The things that make me happy are worth the money, and we should all just keep that in mind. Thank you all

:)

Turbowars
12-23-2002, 07:09 PM
I look at it this way. If you are on these forums, then you are spending to much on SW. :) IT's not a bad thing. Like above, whats a few bucks to be a little happier? I collect because I like it, not because I'm mental as was stated. ;)

Tycho
12-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm mental....:crazed:

Turbowars
12-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Well Tycho, I believe you. LOL after I saw you and Darth Mouse Droid I knew there was something wrong! LOL

Old Fossil
12-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah, the slowdown is good for me. I'm still looking for Clone Pilots at retail, and have preordered the Sandtrooper army builder set (X2) from EE. That's really all I plan to buy within the next month or so, unless something surprising shows up on the pegs at WM (not likely).

Then there are the after-Christmas sales, I was forgetting. I hope to get a Saga Slave-1 at a good price; $10 would be nice.

sith_killer_99
12-24-2002, 12:00 AM
This happened to me last year, X-mas time and....nadda.

Then, all of the sudden, the first/second week of January hit and I end up spending $100.00+ in a single day. :eek:

fourtwo
12-24-2002, 01:23 PM
i kinda wish things would speed up in my area, i'm not spending enough money. although i don't feel i spend enough time on star wars, probably not enough. i work way too much and at screwy hours so i'm rarley able to get any time to play with my stuff like i'd enjoy.

and yeah, we're all mental, anyone who's "grown" and buys kids toys has issues, or so i hear
:D