PDA

View Full Version : MOTU: Buzz Off and Man-E-Faces

Beast
12-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Apperantly the newest issue of Tomart's has pictures of both of these figures that are due out next Spring. Man-E-Faces looks cool as hell. Looks like the used a retooling of Trap Jaw's legs though. Oh well. Buzz Off is pretty neat also. The charecter in the show and the new figure is 10 times better then the old one. The figure is gonna be darn cool. Looks like he's a bit top-heavy though. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-23-2002, 02:54 AM
Here's the other picture. I found them both on He-Man.Org. Since not everyone goes there, I wanted to make sure I got the word out to the people here that collect the figures. Roboto, and Evil Lyn are also supposed to be released next year also, no pictures yet though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth forb1us
12-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Very nice, and its about time with Evil Lyn :)

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 04:24 AM
Man-e-faces looks pretty good - although the "face-to-helmet ratio" seems a bit off and this is the first time a leg joint on an MOTU figure has looked actively ugly to me - but I hope he comes with another accessory, that pistol is just sad. Never really cared for Buzz-off, but looks like a solid addition to the line and his hip joints aren't ugly.

BTW, officially sick of seeing Spin-Blade Skeletor and Smash-thing He-man (ok, I don't remember the fig's name, it's just the same He-man figure in slightly different color armor and weapons except a spinning doodad in place of the axe). The Spin-blade Skeletor isn't 1/10th as populous as He-man variant though, that thing is bleah. At least Jungle Attack He-man is an actual different figure rather than a repaint with a different accessory. Oh, and basically every other MOTU figure is like GONE from the LA area, so the semi-respectable variants are selling well this holiday.

Eternal Padawan
12-25-2002, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the pics JJB!

Any word on Clawful and Whiplash? I've seen them on the show already, but nary a whisper of figgies to match.

And where are Fisto, Jujitsu and the coolest MOTU of all: Webstor?!?

Or Zodiac? He was one of the original figs in the original line, and hes nowhere to be found.

Beast
12-25-2002, 03:05 AM
Whiplash is supposed to be out sometime in the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year. Not sure about Clawful. No word at all on Fisto, Jujitsu or Webstor. Or about my favorite charecter, Stinkor. Hopefully later in 2003.

They had a perfect opertunity to introduce the two asian charecters in the most recent episode. But they used it to intrudce Sy-Klone instead. He's now a much more fleshed out charecter. They made him "Asian", so I don't know what that means for the likes of Fisto and Jujitsu. :)

Zodac is on his way next year, according to the release lists that have been showing up on some stores computer systems. Lemme repost that. Sounds like a good year, as long as they quit shortpacking everyone. :p :)

BTW JT, Man-E-Faces should come with his three unique weapons for each of his faces. Laser Gun (Robot), Club (Monster), Battle Spear (Human). Would be cool if they could figure how to make it transform somehow. :D

Villians Wave 3:
Evil Lyn
Inferno Skeletor
Too Bad
Whiplash

Heroes Wave 4:
Martial Arts He-Man
Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms
Prince Adam
Sy-Klone

Heroes Wave 5:
Ice Armor He-Man
Man-E-Faces
Roboto
Stealth He-Man
Zodac

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
12-26-2002, 02:35 PM
COOL INFO JJB!! I was wondering when Evil-Lyn was going to be out! I really like the Buzz Off fig....its a good comparison to the character in the new cartoons. Thanks JJB :)

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 07:47 PM
3 weapons for Man-E-Faces, that's more like it.

With all these He-Man variations, it seems like Mattel is trying to follow their Max Steel line a little, but it's becoming too much. I saw the Samurai He-Man yesterday at TRU and this figure has a missile firing out of its chest... seems like a toy industry stereotype "run out of ideas? just stick a missile in its chest!"

plasticfetish
12-28-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
saw the Samurai He-Man yesterday at TRU and this figure has a missile firing out of its chest... seems like a toy industry stereotype "run out of ideas? just stick a missile in its chest!"

You're making fun of the toys my son gave ME for Christmas ... c'mon it's the thought that counts huh? (and I love my son.)
But seriously ... They're uber goofy! Remind me of the Spawn Kiss toys just a little (but less apt to break in my hands.) Something about He-Man on giant stilt shoes is just a little ... hmmm ... but Skeletor looks pretty cool.

I'm super jazzed to be seeing Roboto on that list!

Beast
12-28-2002, 10:33 AM
The Samurai He-Man and Skeletor did appear in the cartoon though, so atleast Mattel had an excuse to make them. They were called Legacy armor in the Episode though. No Samurai Man-At-Arms or Samurai Battle Cat though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
12-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the pictures JarJar. I'm with JediTricks, bring on more characters and make less of this and that Heman and Skeletor.

I think they both look great! Buzz Off was my favorite was a kid, and Man-E-Faces looks pretty cool. I can't wait for Cyclone either.

evenflow
12-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Very awesome. I can't wait for more pictures to be released.

JediTricks
12-30-2002, 09:52 PM
PF, that's so funny about the McFarlane KISS figures because it's so accurate. I mean, it's obvious why Gene Simmons does, but why would the most powerful man in the universe need stilts? ;) It's hard these days not to make a cool Skeletor fig IMO, even the electronic one seems kinda neat. The only other Skeletor I'd want would be one with a cloak - Mattel really should have included that with the first one, would have added a lot of "cool factor" to the fig.

Saw Trap-Jaw the night before last at KB but didn't buy him, the cartoon sure makes the jaw look bigger than the toy (that's not the reason I didn't buy him mind you, I simply didn't feel like it at the time). I could actually see TJ and Man-at-Arms in alternate armor better than He-man and Skeletor.

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Awww, man!

I was excited about the Masters of the Universe line coming out, but I promised myself I would only get Skeletor, Beast-man and Mer-man, the cool, "original" villains.

Once they were released I got those three, plus He-man, Battle cat, Stratos and Man-at-arms. You know, just the "original" heroes. I'd also get the Teela when she became available. Just the "originals".

Then I figured, well, the villains were always the coolest of the old He-man line; Clawful, Whiplash, Kobra Kahn, Webstor... I'll get them if they make 'em too.

But now the Buzz Off picture (which looks extremely cool) has got me wanting him too (he was one of my favourites as a kid)! So I may as well pick up cool looking heroes too.

Will this action figure thing never end??!

Darth forb1us
01-02-2003, 06:27 PM
I still need a merman... and mekaneck :(
If anyone were to find them and would like to ship to me I'd cover the charges (momc) :D

JediTricks
01-04-2003, 03:52 AM
I don't think Man-E-Face's legs are retools of Trap Jaw's, they look similar but there are so many differences in the details that I would be surprised if these were even based on the same sculpting model.

Picked up Trap Jaw and Tri Klops tonight, both are cool villains and my only complaints would be:
- Tri Klops' blue eye doesn't light up well in regular light situations;
- Doomseeker's stand has too much flash at the bottom and won't stand well;
- Trap Jaw's clamp is warped from the bubble tray;
- Trap Jaw's packaging suggests a spring on the left arm that simply isn't there.

Tri Klops' blue eye looks wicked cool with assistance from my blue LED light, but most other light is pitiful with this eye. There's one angle where fairly bright ambiant light actually does get it to light up through the light-piping, but it's hard to find that angle and still doesn't look as cool as the little flashlight. I'd kinda like to see Mattel attempt an internal white LED in Tri-klops' head... come to think of it, I'd like to see them try an LED version of Skeletor's havoc-staff as well, might make for an interesting subline at deluxe pricepoint (obviously, He-man's power sword would light up since you GOTTA have a He-man in every wave ;)).

Beast
01-04-2003, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I didn't have the Trap Jaw figure when I said that. They are similar, but not the same. Atleast it's not like the classic He-Man stuff where they really did use the same legs. :p :)

JT, they made a simple mistake with the packaging. They reversed which arm had the spring loaded feature. But ehh, the toy is what's important. And Trappy is one of the best ones yet. :)

I like the idea of a LED light inside Tri-Klops, maybe when they finally get around to revamping him. Of course there is also the possibility of a Battle Armor version like the Deluxe Skeletor.

As for a light up Havoc Staff, they could make it like that recent Obi-Wan figure with the light-up Lightsaber Have the staff light up when you put it in his hand. The eyes on Skeletor could light up red also. I'd buy that as a cool variant. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-05-2003, 06:05 PM
I was fairly sure it was a mistake, but it was a confusing one none the less -- especially since the packaging is woefully lacking in text.

Now I have 3 villains... and 1 hero. :D

I was thinking an electric connection in the hand, but the 12" electronic Obi-Wan's light-pipe sleeve would work very well too. The light-up eyes on Skeletor sounds like a very good addition as well, and I suppose with some creative design, both the eyes and the staff could be fed from the same LED.

JediTricks
01-23-2003, 04:05 AM
So I found the new "armor birds" or whatever they're called and the 2 new underwater vehicles... Mattel really doesn't seem to have a good grasp on the MOTU vehicles. The squid and the whale just don't do ANYTHING for me, they seem like they're for an inferior line, there's barely anyplace for the figures to sit. As for the armor birds, the falcony one for He-Man looks kinda cool but a little tepid, the bat for Skeletor just doesn't seem to do enough though even at $4.

OzOtter
01-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Do we know if there is any intention to re-do the Wind Raider and Battle Ram?