PDA

View Full Version : Leia Boushh & Han Carbonite Boxed

SirSteve
12-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Check out the pictures I just added HERE (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=624). Pretty cool figures!

Clowntrooper
12-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
...figures!
Is there a hidden Han behind the Carbonite?

getoninja
12-23-2002, 06:03 PM
no wonder cost so much cause of that bloody carbon lightup feature. it looks cool and all, but I just want that fine leia. but if the carbonite is cheap then I will get them both,,
what the heck it's xmas.

mini-rock
12-23-2002, 07:17 PM
The Carbonite block does look cool, and so does the new Leia. This'll be a great addition to my collection.:)

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 07:02 AM
Looks pretty good except for the carbo-block being very 2-D, but I'll reserve final judgement till I see it in person. Also, Leia's tunic is a bit more "Barbie pink" than it should be, but with a happy face like this, I guess that's to be expected. ;)

getoninja
12-24-2002, 01:41 PM
thats the down side, 2-D all the way, and not gorillaz at that.

what hasbro should of done is use the original carbonite han from the target exc. and made the front of the carbonite translucent. so when u hit the lights, it looks like han is breaking out of the carbonite like the movie. now that be the collest thing around

Exhaust Port
12-24-2002, 02:30 PM
I'll be passing as I have the first edition ones but the glowing carbonite block is very cool.

derek
12-24-2002, 02:34 PM
i would of preferred a new sculpt of leia along with a recently free han solo(all new dooku quality sculpt of ford) after he was just unfrozen. an empty carbon block and the 2 new figures would be worth $40-$50 i think.:)

in regards to the carbon block, hasbro should of included the new han solo figure in a carbon block as pictured in the attachment, but with a "lid" that goes over it so you could display han as frozen or unfrozen.:)

mini-rock
12-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Derek, I guess that could happen anyway knowing Hasbro, but what they have come up with is much better than the previous block IMO.:D

jedibear
12-25-2002, 01:44 AM
This piece is modelled after the Vietnam Vetrans Memorail Wall GIJoe set from last year...the "carbonite block" is a flat surface lit from the back like the memorail wall was.
I agree w/ JT...Leia's "Boussh" outfit is a tad too cheery lookin' along with that too perky face.
But I too will reserve judgement until I see it in person (wouldn't be the first time pics didn't do an Action Collection piece justice...)

mini-rock
12-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Amok Tme has this IN STOCK now too for $69.99 (OUCH!!). I caved though and ordered it:D.

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Derek, that removable lid thing sounds great, as does getoninja's idea for using a translucent variation of the already-released 12" carbonite block.

getoninja
12-28-2002, 08:26 PM
damn $70....
$50 buy it now ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3103598375

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 02:21 AM
Figures it would show up somewhere for less shortly after I bought it, but that's ok. I still have plenty of cash left in my SW 12" figure account.:D

Jedi Master Silas
01-02-2003, 02:38 PM
Hum....I'd have to see it before I buy it. I already have the Han Carbo (Taget Excl.) and the KB 3-pack with the other Leia Boushh. Anyone have a clue what it will cost retail??

mini-rock
01-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
Hum....I'd have to see it before I buy it. I already have the Han Carbo (Taget Excl.) and the KB 3-pack with the other Leia Boushh. Anyone have a clue what it will cost retail??

Amazon has it on pre-order for $39.99 :)

mini-rock
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Looks like they are IN STOCK now at Amazon.

Anyone who gets this can you please post whether or not yours has hair glued to the side of her face since that was the way mine came?

mini-rock
01-09-2003, 11:07 PM
WOW!!! Nobody ordered this?

derek
01-10-2003, 01:04 AM
i have a feeling i'll find this one in abundance at toys 'r us, so i've, for once, decided to wait and save on the shipping.:)

m-rock, you get a digital camera yet?;)

mini-rock
01-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by derek
i have a feeling i'll find this one in abundance at toys 'r us, so i've, for once, decided to wait and save on the shipping.:)

I see. If you wouldn't mind let us know whether she has her hair glued to the sides of her face making it look like she has sideburns or not.:D

m-rock, you get a digital camera yet?;)

Haven't yet. I'm having trouble finding one compatable with my webtv. If you know of any please let me know. I'd like to get pics of my figs up asap.

bobafett07728
01-10-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm with Derek on this one. Toys 'R Us is about the only store I acan ever find exclusives at. I figure I'll save on shipping, and I'll get it in a decent package. When I ordered my ultimate Fett from them it was bashed up and had a huge yellow sticker across the front. I also bought a 12" Mace offline, and they are still pretty easy to find at retail. I'll wait this one out, and if I don't get it. . . I still have the original releases.

derek
01-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Haven't yet. I'm having trouble finding one compatable with my webtv. If you know of any please let me know. I'd like to get pics of my figs up asap

i'm suprised microsoft dosen't have a camera made specifically for the web tv setup. maybe they do have one, i don't know.

can you upload images or video from the VCR? maybe you could video your collection and them upload them as stills?

i can't believe "uncle bill" and co. haven't thought of some way to get photos on a web-tv.:)

Turbowars
01-10-2003, 09:48 PM
I have WEBTV and use a Dig camera all the time. You can use any Dig cam as long as it has a video out on it. I use a Kodak DC32000. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. Oh and I had to order a cable from Kodak online to plug into the webtv. the cable has a headphone type plug that goes into the cam and one yellow RCA plug that goes to the webtv. You can go into help on the home page and look all this stuff up. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.

mini-rock
01-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Awesome! Thanks turbowars. :D

gtrain29
01-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I have no need for this one. I really don't care to have a light-up han carbonite block, and I have the first leia boushh which is the best face sculpt they did on a leia -- not to mention it is just an awesome overall figure and not a barbie doll.
I feel if they were going to make a new leia it should have been an endor leia.

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Agreed gtrain29, an Endor Leia would have been much better, but you have to understand that Hasbro doesn't like to spend money. So they rehash and rehash and then rehash some more. I think they might be waiting to make Endor Leia with Speeder Bike, so thet can rehash the bike for the 3rd time.

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 12:11 PM
I just got the leia boushh and it's pretty darn lame. Glad I have the original 12" boushh. The light up han in carbonite is laughable. If it was a cheaper price I might not be so harsh...maybe 10 bucks. :P Hasbro couldn't even do a good rehash.

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 12:35 PM
It's really that BAD!!!!????!!!!

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 12:57 PM
The han in carbonate is just a flat shell. they couldn't even make a sublte 3d outline for han like the original 12" han in carbonate. when u have it on display just looks like just a black block. and when it does light it shuts off after a few seconds. when it is lit, you the four led lights clearly show through which cheapens the effect. As for the leia figure, she has this goofy happy look on her face. if it had a voice chip i'm sure it would say "i'm so happy to be a bounty hunter, weeeee". oy vey.

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 01:01 PM
that sucks!!!!!

mini-rock
01-11-2003, 02:00 PM
WOW!! I thought the smile added to the figure, and even though the carbonite block is not 3D, it really is much cooler than the previous IMO. I dunno. Maybe I'm just too geeky.:D

So Doc did your Leia have hair glued to the sides of her face making it look like sideburns?

Also there is a switch on the back of the block that will keep the light up effect on longer.:)

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 06:43 PM
yeah I begrudgingly opened it. The sideburns are glued to the side of her head. I put it next to the original boushh figure and there's no comparison. The old one has lots of articulation and poseability. where as the new one has barbie arms. You can't place her wrist at the proper angle like in the movie. the new one looks like she's holding an apple. lol. also, at least with the old one when u put the helmet on it looked like it could be a fierce bounty hunter. on the new one, it still looks like a skinny princess leia wearing a helmet. Most of the clothes and gear are same expect for a few tweaks for accuracy. I'm sorry but I still can get over her silly smile. It's like the just stuck the leia ceremonial portrait edition head on it. Other than that I guess the figure is passable for those that don't have the original. I really don't care for the han in carbonite. It seems even more cheap out of the package. Do u think they could have at least made the light button somewhat less obtrusive than right on the front? maybe on the side on one of the control panels?? oh well, these are just my opinions and should be taken as such. :) I 'm curious what other peoples thoughts are on this item now that I've gotten it.

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 07:05 PM
well from what you just said, I think it stinks and I might have saved 40 bucks, but then again, when I see it in the store I might change my mind. Does it look good in the box?

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 07:09 PM
in my opinion it's one of the few 12" figures that look better in the box than loose. I would definitely recommended looking at it in person before u buy. or at least waiting for a discount.

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 07:21 PM
oh, one last thing I forgot to mention is the fact that the han in carbonite is way out of being in correct scale with 12" figures. It's way smaller. it fact it can fit inside the old han in carbonite. makes a good stand for it to lean against lol.

Turbowars
01-11-2003, 07:29 PM
That's sad, when the Carb block towers over everything.

derek
01-11-2003, 08:38 PM
after seeing the GI Joe vietnam wall memorial, which the carbon block is based on, i knew you guys would be disapointed. there is no way this set is worth $40.

$40 for a barbie doll and a plastic light up box? (i'll still buy it) :crazed:

Doc Brown
01-11-2003, 08:41 PM
LOL ROTFL!! too true Derek, too true.

Turbowars
02-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Yeah I just picked it up today. The big selling point was that her helmet is on. Oh and if I left without it I would feel like I was missing out. :stupid: :crazed:

derek
02-11-2003, 06:34 PM
So Doc did your Leia have hair glued to the sides of her face making it look like sideburns?

hey mini-rock, i got leia today, and i see what you mean about the sideburns. what was hasbro thinking?:confused:

i'm really disapointed in this figure. the smiling leia sculpt is really a wierd choice of heads for this figure. it worked well for ceremonial leia, but would not be my first choice of leia as a bounty hunter in disguise. the original sculpt was very good, but it just needed a good paint job. anyone who has seen Tony DiTerlizzi's repaint can attest to this: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/td-leiaboushhhead.jpg If hasbro uses a smiling barbie head on the leia with speederbike, i'll replace it with a hoth leia head.

my biggest complaint with this figure after i get past the barbie body is the cheap rubber plastic they used for the belts and shoulderpads. i'm amazed these things can maintain their shape, they are so soft.

if you don't have leia in boushh disguise, i recommend getting the kb toys three pack, or get a loose leia from that set instead of this one.

here's a photo of leia and a cy-girl i got yesterday. it's funny that leia cost $39 and is of very low quality, whereas the cy girl cost $31 and is awesome!:eek:

mini-rock
02-12-2003, 01:44 AM
It's some kinda cruel joke the Hasbro guy's decided to play on us collector's. Are you going to try and get the hair un-glued from her head?

BTW, 've seen that custom of Leia before. Awesome, but if Hasbro ever decided to put that kinda quality into their 12" line I'm affraid the prices would be even higher. So either:

A) Hasbro only makes so many so they don't lose money or

B) Everyone waits till they go on clearance to buy, and Hasbro loses money (like they did with the Masterpiece line) and they go back to what they are doing now.

Just my .02 on that.:D

Ook
02-12-2003, 04:54 AM
The block isn't 3D? I've been wondering how it looks. I can never see any detail in the pics. The shot on Amazon is all blacked out. So what's the damn thing look like???

derek
02-12-2003, 09:00 AM
mini-rock,

all that leia is just a repaint of the hasbro head and put on a GI Jane body. these 2 improvements shouldn't increase the price much if at all.

really the main thing they would have to do is paint the eyes so they look more realistic, not like a cartoon doll as they usually do.

the masterpiece line isn't really any different than the action collection. just an overpriced figure and book.;)

mini-rock
02-12-2003, 11:10 AM
derek, still though even with just a repaint it still takes more time (man hours) right? How long did Tony spend on that figure? Are the paints he used more expensive then what Hasbro uses? Would the paint hold up putting the helmet on taking it off over & over? Don't get me wrong I would love it if my figures looked liked that, with that kinda off care put into it, but I know it would cost more than what we pay now. Look at the quality off Dooku, and Jango, yet I see alot off people waiting for these to go on sale to buy. I'm guilty of doing this also. I bought my Luke & Tauntaun on ebay for 34.99 and saved myself about 40 bucks if I were to get it from Amazon. However this was my 2nd one since the first had got broken during my recent move.

Anyway, are you gonna try and remove the hair from her face?

derek
02-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Are the paints he used more expensive then what Hasbro uses?

i can't say for sure, but they are probably equal in cost, with hasbro probably getting a better deal since they buy in bulk.

Would the paint hold up putting the helmet on taking it off over & over?

yes. of course any paint can be scratched, but i've put marmit helmets on dragon and BBI figures and have had little problems. and keep in mind, hasbro's boussh helmet, for example, is soft plastic-rubber. it ain't gonna scratch anything.

with that kinda off care put into it, but I know it would cost more than what we pay now.

probably, but maybe just $5. while tony's leia looks super, all he really did was dye the tunic she is wearing, use a better body, and re-paint the head. this would not be difficult for a company like hasbro to do on a mass production scale. it really would take only 30 seconds more to air brush paint onto a head, if that. but they wouldn't even have to airbrush the heads. just paint realistic looking eyes, instead of those "doe" eyes most of the figures currently have. BBI recently started airbrushing some amazing detail on their figure's heads, and it's really improved the overall look of their figure, and they have had NO price increase.

Look at the quality off Dooku, and Jango, yet I see alot off people waiting for these to go on sale to buy.

mostly, they are being cheap. they know how the game is played. overall, the 12 inch line dosen't sell well, because of hasbro's laziness, and fans know stores will be forced to clear them out eventually, so they wait.

aside from the action features and pre-poses in the 3 3/4" line, the quality of the 12" figures is probably hasbro's biggest flaw. i'm not asking they make $60 12 inch figures. all they have to do is use common sence. ditch the old HOF bodies and barbie bodies. use better sculpted, smaller heads, and paint them better. hasbro could easily do this and charge no more than $25 per figure. the line would sell better to adults and children, leaving less stuff to be sold at clearance prices, resulting in stores ordering more product.

Anyway, are you gonna try and remove the hair from her face?

nope, but i may get an exacto knife and cut her teeth out and glue her lips together for a more serious look. i've seen this done with barbie heads, and if done well, it really improves the look of the figure.:)

mm74md
02-13-2003, 01:06 PM
One word:

YUCK!

gtrain29
02-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many people actually bought this thing. Now I see why Hasbro can continue to get away with releasing crap like this.

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 09:16 PM
I saw this set in person finally yesterday and I can't say I was at all inclined to drop coin on it. The light-up carbonite block looked like a very hot brick, that alone pushed this set out of my hands.

bobafrett
02-15-2003, 01:18 AM
For some reason I was inclined to buy this. I like the Boussh, but the Han looked like it should have some flashing lights, and disco music when you pressed the button. Let's just say it's an expensive "impulse" item, now that I got it, I'm sitting here wondering "why"?

derek
02-15-2003, 01:23 AM
now that I got it, I'm sitting here wondering "why"?

i re-direct you to this post:;)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=212186

you could always re-box her up and take her back, darth cruel style!:crazed:

jpak001
02-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Yep, I feel the same way about this set.

I'll just stick with the 1st versions of these 12ers. These new ones are pure garbage IMO.....

bobafrett
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Ah so true Derek, so true! That's why my house is full of SW toys, cause I'm a big "Sucker". :D :p I think I need therapy!

derek
02-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Ah so true Derek, so true! That's why my house is full of SW toys, cause I'm a big "Sucker". :D :p I think I need therapy!

don't feel bad, i'm right there with ya!;) i'm probably hasbro's biggest critic, but i continue to buy their stuff!:confused: :)

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 07:47 PM
don't feel bad, i'm right there with ya!;) i'm probably hasbro's biggest critic, but i continue to buy their stuff!:confused: :) Yeah I'm right there with you guys. We are part of the problem don't you think? If we didn't buy them, maybe they wouldn't make suck junk, or maybe not. Crap who cares, it's all in good fun. :D

Paul Heaberlin
02-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Well, I hope you guys are happy!

Saw Leia at Toys R us the other day, and although I am a completest and Just have to have 1 of each 12"er, I pased on her w/ the hope I'll be able to get her on clearance for $20 or less.

But I did just pre-order the GG. He looks awesome! He's worth $30, more than Leia is worth $40.

bobafrett
02-28-2003, 01:33 AM
You can say that again Paul! BTW, what does one do when the batteries die down but they don't want to take it out of the box? I'm not to concerned with wanting to keep the lighting feature working, but more about the batteries corroding after several years. I had a Darth Vader bank that I had left the batteries in to long, and did it cause a mess inside the battery compartment.

Turbowars
02-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Just open it up from the bottom. Use a hair dryer to heat up the tape.

OC47150
03-07-2003, 09:01 AM
I was really pumped when I heard the Boushh figure was being released. I've managed to collect all of the 12" Leia figures.

So when I saw Boushh at TRU last night, I was a little (OK, maybe more than a little!) disappointed at it. It's OK, but $40?!? I'm have to think long and hard before plopping down $40 on this one. There are other 12" figures I want to get first!

DarthWitko
03-07-2003, 05:01 PM
I applied for the amazon.com visa card and got an instant $30 off any purchase. I used the $30 to purchase this two pack for basically $9. I think it was a total of $16 shipped. The Boushh figure is nice if you display it with the helmet on. The han cabonite kind of stinks but I have a Han Solo with Carbonite block that I bought a target a couple of years ago on clearance that I use to display. I think it is a pretty good deal for under $20 but I would never pay the $39.99 retail.

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 09:26 PM
I saw this at TRU the other day. It really sucked. I would never spent well earned money on this! The Han carbonite block could have be a lot BETTER...I mean...A LOT BETTER! Man...this figure is just horrible!!

Turbowars
03-14-2003, 10:15 PM
The Block is, but not Leia. She looks great with the helmet on.

mini-rock
03-14-2003, 10:18 PM
WOW! I must be the only person on the planet who like this.

Turbowars
03-15-2003, 01:09 PM
No, there is another.

mini-rock
03-15-2003, 01:47 PM
You're right turbo, we ARE nuts!:crazed::D

Clint Torres
03-25-2003, 02:23 AM
DUDE. 2-D CARBONITE BLOCK?!?! $50.00??? Come on...I..uh....oh man. I dunno. I mean yeah, its all good to be filling up my house with STAR WARS crap, but a 2-D CARBONITE HAN?!?!? no. NONONONO. I mean, what the hell! ITs 50 bucks! That is screwed up, at least it could have been a translucent molding of the one from target. Eeeuch. This is wrong, cuz I know that in all actuality I am still going to get this thing. Strange tho...not many have sold from the TOYS R US closest to my house. They have nearly all of the original shipment it seems....Now if only I could find that new 12'' Portman. Damn she looks fine in that white! WHOOOOWEEEEEE! AMEN!!!

mm74md
06-06-2003, 10:58 AM
FYI - this is on sale at amazon.com for $30 w/free shipping. I just picked this up basically for free from Amazon.com. If you have good credit & sign up for their Visa Card, you get a $30 credit towards the entire site. Plus with free shipping you can't beat it! I ended up getting another Landspeeder for $10 with free shipping too.

OC47150
06-27-2003, 01:55 PM
I bought the figure off Amazon for the $30 sale price as a birthday present to myself. With the free shipping, it was more appealing to me and my pocketbook. ;)

Like others in the 12" line, there's room for improvement but it's OK. Just wished I'd picked up the 12" three-pack from several years ago.

hamsterboy
07-17-2003, 06:53 PM
At first,I was going to gripe on how I couldn't find it at my TRU. Now,I'm begining to think I'm lucky I didn't. :happy: