PDA

View Full Version : TIE Bomber Review.

Battle Droid
12-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Well this is my first ever Lego TIE Set. (I'm gonna get the Tie Fighter from Shop@Home, if they still have it next month.)

The TIE Bomber is my favorite Ship in the Original Trilogy so I had to order the Lego version of it.

I'm not to disappointed, mainly my beef is that there's no controls so how's the Pilot suppose to fly it!?!, and the bomb chute is in the wrong Pod. (Lego has an excuse here, since it wouldn't fit in the Pod with the missle mechanism anyway, and the missle mechanism is a nice extra I guess.)

I'll modify it by putting in the controls, so really no worry. Just if I can find some extra control pieces, which I'm sure I have somewhere.

Over all it's a nice Set, and I'm glad I ordered it.

P.S. A Pilot Ejection seat would've been cool, seeing how TIE Bomber's have them, according to the official databank anyway. ;)

Battle Droid
12-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Now if Lego would just make a TIE Interceptor System Set.

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 06:51 AM
I thought the box art showed the bomb chute on the port (left) pod like it's supposed to be. I can't imagine why the spring-loaded missile system would interfere with the chute. Could you elaborate please?

Battle Droid
12-24-2002, 02:07 PM
The chute is on the correct Pod, it's just that the Pilot Pod drops the bombs. (they don't actually come out the chute, they come out of a hole on the bottom of the Pilot Pod, sort of like a trap door like thing.) The other Pod doesn't have enough room for the missle mechanism & bomb trap door.

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 09:41 PM
OH! That's very weird, I'll definitely be getting 2 of these then and remaking the 2nd one so it can drop the bombs through the proper pod (though I doubt I'll be able to make 'em come out the chute itself). Thanks for clearing that up. :)