PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT figures out!

Pages : 1 [2]

jad
03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Y'know I was thinking even though it's not rumoured for this year it would be immensly awsome if Playmates did a playset of shredders tower. And seeing how the price point of the turtle lair is 50 bucks I doubt playmates would shy away from doing a 60 or 70 dollar price point for a huge playset for the christmas season.

If I were to design the playset it would mainly consist of the upper portion where the japanese styled roof is. There could be a big balcony on the outside with steps and a paraput around it. And inside the japanese style house could be the shredders main quarters, complete with huge Foot symbol mural on the wall. Plastic torches could line the columns and maybe it could even come with an exclusive utrom robotic suit remains in a glass case. I was then thinking that portion of the plaset would attach to a tower type piece that would extend up from the ground. Maybe about a foot and a half off the ground or something. Just to give kids the hint that it's a tower, they could pretend it's hunreds of feet off the ground. Then inside the lower portion maybe there could be a foot lab or something, with tanks you could put the mutated shredders in. There are endless possibilites for cool action features and accessories. But this is the main idea of what i'm thinking. As big as that would be it would probably be priced at 60 to 70 dollars. I'm sure it would be a pretty decent sellar around christmas. If i'm not mistaken the turtle lair was a real good sellar during christmas, atleast in my area. I saw tons on the shelves get gobbled up by parents.

I'd like to hear anyone elses thoughts on this playset idea, and what you'd like to see to that extent.

Beast
03-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Sounds cool. The only problem I could see, is that Shredder's tower is no more on the series. So it wouldn't be fresh in kids minds by the time they got it out. But if they did make one, I'd like to see it include Oroku Saki in just his basic bodysuit in the white outfit. By the way, the Turtle Lair is pretty sweet. And you can get it from Penny's for only 10.00. :)

$9.99 TMNT Sewer Lair (http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=446&CatID=4030&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=09a206f&ProdSeq=1&OffSet=1&ProdCount=2&Cat=tv+%26+movie&Dep=toys&PCat=action+figures&PCatID=3994&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=2&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Holy crap are you serious? Thats an insane price. I'm gonna order one right now :) Geeze I never thought I could get it that cheap. Thanks for the input JJB you the man!

By the way, the Turtle Lair is pretty sweet. And you can get it from Penny's for only 10.00. :)

$9.99 TMNT Sewer Lair (http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=446&CatID=4030&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=09a206f&ProdSeq=1&OffSet=1&ProdCount=2&Cat=tv+%26+movie&Dep=toys&PCat=action+figures&PCatID=3994&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=2&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Well JJB you might be right. Since Shredders tower is no longer in the series it wouldn't be as fresh in kids minds by dec. So what other sort of playsets could they do. I just love playsets, and sinch hasbro isn't as inclined to do them, it's always cool when other lines can pull them off.

I for one would like to see a playset of the utroms teleporter thing (forgot the name) Although again that wouldn't be as fresh in kids minds.

I'm intersted to hear anyone elses thoughts and ideas for tmnt playsets :)

Beast
03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Holy crap are you serious? Thats an insane price. I'm gonna order one right now :) Geeze I never thought I could get it that cheap. Thanks for the input JJB you the man!
Yeah, it's an insane price. You also get the Shell Cycle. And a Shredder and Leonardo figure. So basically you're buying the 10.00 Cycle, and getting the entire lair and 2 figures for free. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Dude! Thats just friggen insane! I already have a shell cycle but I wouldn't mind a second. I also have both those figures but I can just give em to my friends kids or something. Wow thanks for the clue in JJB I definitely owe you one :)

Yeah, it's an insane price. You also get the Shell Cycle. And a Shredder and Leonardo figure. So basically you're buying the 10.00 Cycle, and getting the entire lair and 2 figures for free. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Maybe you could exchange the Shell Cycle at TRU or someplace for the Sewer Slider (I like it, it's the only vehicle I've got in this line so far) or the Foot Hoverbike, Turtle Hopping Copter, or Sewer Sub (all of which are in stores at the same price).

I saw the Sewer playset at Target at clearance in Jan for $11 and change (IIRC), but even then I passed because it didn't really impress me as a worthy playset to take up that much space in my collection.

jad
03-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes but does the JC penny one come with the figs and the cycle packaged in the same box? If not then i'll definitely exchange the cycle for the sewer sub, as i've been wanting it :)

Thanks for the great idea.

Maybe you could exchange the Shell Cycle at TRU or someplace for the Sewer Slider (I like it, it's the only vehicle I've got in this line so far) or the Foot Hoverbike, Turtle Hopping Copter, or Sewer Sub (all of which are in stores at the same price).

I saw the Sewer playset at Target at clearance in Jan for $11 and change (IIRC), but even then I passed because it didn't really impress me as a worthy playset to take up that much space in my collection.

jad
03-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Well got my Playset in the mail yesturday. Very very cool. I couldn't be happier with it, especially at that price. It came in a big white mailer though, with the turtle cycle and 2 figures packaged loose in plastic baggies.

Rocketboy
03-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I saw the Toddler Turtles in the store yesterday for the first time and those 4 are really cool. I was surprised to see them as a regular priced 4-pack. Quite a value.

kool-aid killer
03-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Cool, if they hit in Michigan hopefully a store in Omaha, Nebraska will have gotten in something new. Ive gone too long without finding a Turtles toys. Im glad this year is going to be more promising than last in terms of how many figures we get, most of the year there was nothing to look forward to.

jad
03-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I found 3 new tmnt figs at target tonight. Which means I missed all the notes from the underground monsters. Oh well perhaps i'll find the rest later this weekend. Anyway I found Turtle Titan, Robo Turtle, and Fire Mystic. All very cool figures in my opinion. Quite pleased with all of them. Looks to be a great year for turtles fans indeed :)

Beast
03-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Congrats, Jad. Looks like they are starting to turn up in greater numbers. Feel free to give us a review of the figures, if you'd like. I'm especially curious about the Tutlebot. Hopefully these will start to turn up in my area sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Congrats, Jad. Looks like they are starting to turn up in greater numbers. Feel free to give us a review of the figures, if you'd like. I'm especially curious about the Tutlebot. Hopefully these will start to turn up in my area sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks JJB. I'll be happy to give ya a run down of my thoughts on these figures.
I'm extremely happy with all of them, but my favorite one is probably the turtle bot. It's just a great figure, and something interesting i've noticed is that he's extremely well balanced. You can stand him up extremely easy even on soft carpet. So perhaps he just has a good center of gravity. But anyway he's just a fun figure. His hands are sorta claws, and part of each hand is a hinge alowing you to open the claw. The claw easily holds weapons and it holds them well. His shell also opens up on the back exposing his inner mechanics. A pretty nice feature. He has articulation in his neck, wrists, shoulders, and legs. His legs and shoulders are universal joints. The only thing I would liked to see on him is knee joints, and elbow joints would have been nice too, but it's still a great figure.

The Mystic is a fun figure as well. The main problem I have with him though is that he doesn't have much articulation. He's pretty much just got the basic 5 points.

Turtle Titan is really cool. He's got a great grappling hook accesory, something i've always been fond of in toys. He's got good universal joints too so you can pose his arms in a variety of positions. His legs are much more neutrally posed than the original turtles though, so you can't get him into as many action poses. Still a fantastic figure.

I'm extremely excited about this year for tmnt. It's great to see that they are giving us a lot of secondary characters. :) Hope everyone else can find these soon, and I hope I can find the rest from that wave.

Does anyone know the case breakdown for that wave by chance?

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Wow, I'm really surprised to hear Turtlebot is out, and then he sounds pretty good too. Thanks for the review Jad, now I guess I have to find this one.

Silent Chazz
03-14-2004, 07:39 PM
what the heck? Theres a Turtle Titan Figure? AWESOME. Im definately gonna have to pick one up on my trip on the 26th. Anyone got pics of this fig or any other new TMNT figs?

jad
03-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Silent Chazz here's a link to pics of a ton of the new tmnt figures for 04, including Turtle Titan :)

I went out on a toy hunt again today and turned up empty handed. But I did decide to pic up the turtle sub which I hadn't bought yet. I'm very pleased with it. I plan on having leather head attack it once I find him, hehe.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed on here but it really seems like tmnt figures are way easier to find than star wars. I'm not sure if they are just distributed better or what but it seems like I can always find the new figures almost as soon as they come out. I was wondering if scalpers even buy tmnt figures and put them on ebay? Anyway the point is, atleast to me that tmnt distribution is better. And thats a good thing.

I also had another thing I wanted to open up for discussion. (I've been pretty into tmnt lately so I've been coming up with different toy ideas). I put out my idea for a shedders tower earlier in this thread. Thats a playset I would love to see. But i'm not sure if it would ever come out. So I was trying to think of other cool playsets they could do, and I thought why not just have a general roof tops playset. There's endless possibilities for a rooftop playset especially because a lot of the tmnt fights take place on a roof top. They could have a fire escape on the side of the building. I water silo, sun roof windows that could have breaking action. There are tons of things they could do. So if anyone else has ideas to add to this or other tmnt playsets they'd like to see please post away :) I'd love to hear your thoughts.

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 09:18 PM
A rooftop would be cool, but it'd have to be on fairly tall stilts to allow play underneath (and to keep costs down) so maybe it'd have 1 wall, but the rest would have to be open space. Maybe the other 3 walls could be removable cardboard that are designed to open like they were breaking apart. Sounds like a good idea, plus if you have modular elements to it so you can remove pieces such as the skylight or water tower and pop in an access doorway or air duct, people could buy several rooftop playsets to build their own dioramas an cityscenes. Maybe the stilts could come apart to create 3 different heights or even a slanted roof. Oh, and there'd have to be a tall lamppost or something for the figures to swing into action from.

Dang, this would be a popular playset design for Batman too, so more sales from that!

jad
03-14-2004, 10:33 PM
What i've noticed about playmates is that they are more willing to take risks on more expensive toys. Alot more likely than Habsro atleast. Look at the huge 30 inch ultimate leonardo figure thats coming out this year. There's never been anything like that done before, atleast not to my knowledge. The closest comparrison I can think of is the little girl sized barbies that mattel has produced, but to my knowlege nothing to that extent has been produced for boys toys.

So I'd say Playmates is much more likely to produce some of these cool playsets. I haven't heard anything though about rumored playsets. Does anyone know if everything shown at toy fair is what is pretty much expected for this year in tmnt? It would be great if they had some sort of playset planned for christmas.

Beast
03-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Playmates has retailer backing though, which is the reason they can get away with taking larger risks then Hasbro can. Yeah, it sucks. But welcome to retail reality. And I'm sure there's some suprises yet to come. There were three confirmed figures not on display at Toy Fair. And I'm sure there will be more suprises later in the year. The three confirmed that weren't shown, Usagi Yojimbo, Splinter w/ Cryotube, and Baxter Stockman. :)

what the heck? Theres a Turtle Titan Figure? AWESOME. Im definately gonna have to pick one up on my trip on the 26th. Anyone got pics of this fig or any other new TMNT figs?

Here's picture links of the ones that are out now. :)

Fire Foot Mystic (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/firefoot/firefootmoc.html)
Giant Mouser (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/giantmouser/giantmousermoc.html)
Leatherhead (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leatherhead/leatherheadmoc.html)
Razorfist (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/razorfist/razorfistmoc.html)
Stonebiter (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/stonebiter/stonebitermoc.html)
Toddler Turtles (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/toddlers/toddlersmoc.html)
Turtlebot (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/turtlebot/turtlebotmoc.html)
Turtle Titan (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/turtletitan/titanmoc.html)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure if it's been discussed on here but it really seems like tmnt figures are way easier to find than star wars. I'm not sure if they are just distributed better or what but it seems like I can always find the new figures almost as soon as they come out. I was wondering if scalpers even buy tmnt figures and put them on ebay? Anyway the point is, atleast to me that tmnt distribution is better. And thats a good thing.

Yep, this line is much easier to collect and is stress free. I dont know whether scalpers try to make much off the line, maybe when new figures first hit but after that the figures are easy to find. Hopefully some new ones pop up here soon, i havent bought a turtle figure in forever.

jad
03-15-2004, 01:09 PM
JJB what do you mean they have retailer backing? I guess I just don't understand what that means exactly? Could you explain :)

Beast
03-15-2004, 01:38 PM
TMNT is one of the hottest toys of 2003, and will continue to be in 2004. It's a cash cow for the stores. So Playmates can try more risky things with the line. Vehicles are cheap and they sell well. As does the big 12" figures. Where as Star Wars, while a good seller does have a tendancy to pegwarm. Especially the vehicles. So it's harder for Hasbro to get the stores intrested in risky large sized items. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks JJB for the explanation. I had heard that they were really selling excellent last year, especially around christmas. I was very pleased that the playset sold so well.

I think the fact that tmnt is so much more readily available is one factor that caused me to get into the line even more so than I was. During most of 2003 I was just casually collecting it. Picking up all the figures I thought were cool. But after seeing the offerings for 2004, my interest has really perked up. I will always collect star wars, but it's extremely refreshing to collect a toy line that you can actual find in stores. Not to mention the cartoon keeps coming out on dvd, which i've been collecting as well. I personally think that the new tmnt cartoon is one of the best cartoons on tv in years. Just good writing, fantastic animation, and great characters. And along with that they've got a great toy line to boot. Tmnt is probably making the best come back of all the 80's toys.

Oh also wanted to comment on how you said that 3 other figures were confirmed. Were they just confirmed verbal by playmates reps at toy fair?

Beast
03-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Baxter Stockman was confirmed at Toy Fair by Playmates. I'm working to get more info on him as we speak. Usagi was confirmed by Playmates, Peter Laird, and Stan Sakai. Stan hasn't approved the sculpt yet, so that's why he wasn't shown. As for Splinter w/ Cryo Tube. He was listed on early lists for 2004. But I haven't heard much more about him. I'm hoping that he's still coming. Because we need a good super-poseable Splinter w/ decent sleeved Kimono. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Yes! I totally agree on the splinter. Hopefully he will come with clothes of some sort. I still haven't bought the current splinter just because I think the sculpt could be so much better. In fact it almost seems out of place with some of the other great sculpts for the tmnt line.

Beast
03-15-2004, 02:07 PM
I bought it, because Splinter is my favorite character. But I'd be happy with another one. Originally the Sewer Playset was supposed to come with an exclusive Splinter figure but it was dropped. So hopefully the upcoming Splinter is good. I'm also hoping for more turtles like Mikey: Turtle Titan. I like how he's not in a wide legged stance.

As far as the Baxter, I only have some vague info so far. He's coming in the summer, and will supposedly not be the normal human version. The one strong rumor is the Spider one, but that's sorta small. So I'm thinking it's going to be the Utrom Body version (either stomache or head) w/ a removable Baxter head and Spider Body. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I miss the universal-jointed articulation, these figures seem to be losing that at every turn.

When's the Mouser-multipack coming out?

Beast
03-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Mouser Multipack was originally penciled into November/December. But the official site has said that the list was old. And there was a new line-up. I don't know about that, with the exception of Turtle Titan Mikey being released early, all the figures listed for March/April were supposedly released when they were supposed to be. Except for Quarry, who I don't think is out yet. Here's the old list again. Note that I've not seen photograpic evidence of Razorfist or Stonebiter. But have seen reports of them. :)

April/May 2004:
Evil Turtlebot - (From the Video Game)
Fire Foot Mystic
Giant Mouser - (From the Video Game)
Leatherhead
Razorfist
Stonebiter
Toddler Turtles (4-Pack)
Quarry

July/August 2004:
Dr. Malignus
Fugitoid
Michelangelo the Turtle Titan
Silver Sentry
Shredder Clone w/ 4 Arms
Triceraton General
Triceraton Soldier
Water Foot Mystic

September/October 2004:
Space Hoppin' Donatello
Space Hoppin' Leonardo
Space Hoppin' Michelangelo
Space Hoppin' Raphael
Usagi Yojimbo - (Not Shown)
Wind Foot Mystic

November/December 2004:
Earth Foot Mystic
Mousers 6-Pack
Shredder Clone w/ Claws
Splinter in Cryo-Tube - (Not Shown)
Utrom Ninja Guardian
Utrom

MTRFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-15-2004, 07:46 PM
JJB wasn't there 4 shredder clones in the comics and on the tv show? I atleast remember a little guy with a big head.

Well I lucked out big time today. I missed out on all the new figures. Plus when I got to target in the middle of the afternoon I rounded the corner and saw a guy holding the last toddler turtles :( I wanted to stick around for a while to ask a manager if they had more in the back or when more would be coming in but I couldn't find anyone. Oh well the chances of them having another case in the back is pretty slim I suppose.

Beast
03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
In the original comics, there were four worm clones. The 3 failures: 4-Armed, Claws, and Mini-Me. And then the perfected Shredder. Since in the Mirage Comics, Shredder died in Issue #1. In the cartoon there's only the three failures. Since Shredder didn't die and then get cloned by the worms. :)

And that sucks. My bro found me a single Turtle Titan Mikey at Wal-Mart. So that rocks. he's a great figure. Though I need to scrape off a bit of paint over spray on the face from his mask. But otherwise, he rocks the me. Hopefully find the Toddlers next, because they are just adorable. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes good hunting to you my friend. If finding the new figures gets difficult by chance let me know and i'll keep my eye open for ya :)

jad
03-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Yknow I just did some searching around on forums and ebay, and from what I can tell either no one is puting leatherhead and the notes from underground monsters on ebay, no one thats finding them is posting about it on the forums, or only 4 figures are coming in the initial waves. All I can find that people have reported are turtle titan, toddler turtles, fire foot mystic, and evil turtle bot. Those 4 are the only ones I can find on ebay either. Does anyone on here work at walmart or target and can get us any info on the current case and the assortment thats in it?

JJB your quite knowlegeble do you have anything to contribute?

Beast
03-15-2004, 09:29 PM
There was a Leatherhead and Giant Mouser on there last week. So they may just be hitting. I believe it's similar to the 'Armorized' figures. The Foot Gunner, Foot Elite Guard, and Armorized Shredder hit first. And then 2-4 weeks later were joined by the Fightin' Gear Turtles. So I think the 4 you mentioned shipped first, and then the other 4 were added after. So they're just showing up in some areas. Or people are lieing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey does anyone know of any particularly good tmnt websites besides the official one? I can't seem to find many. I'm especially interested in a good tmnt toy website.

Beast
03-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Yep, 'The Technodrome'. :)

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Well I made a run to 2 Targets this morning. All this week i'm only working from noon to 5 so that affords me a perfect opportunity to get to the stores right when they're opening.

When I got into target everyone was stocking shelves so I figured it would atleast be a good opportunity to talk with one of the stocking clerks. He had a ton of hasbro stock but none for playmates tmnt. He did say that they would most likely be getting some on thursday, so if i'm lucky perhaps i'll have some more reviews :) This was a great clerk though and he was kind enough to spend 10 minutes going through his hasbro stock to see if they had anything new. Unfortunately it was all lightsabers and some of the new glass sets. But I always appreciate when someone is that kind and patient with a customer.

I also went to the dvd section because I knew the 2 new tmnt dvd's were supposed to be out today. I saw that they had the videos out but not the dvd's. So again I got a different person to help and they were super nice too, went back into the stock room to get me the dvds. I've never had such a good experience at target. So atleast I didn't walk away empty handed I got my hands on Return to Newyork and the Search for Splinter dvds.

Beast
03-17-2004, 03:30 PM
News from The Technodrome (http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9016)

The official TMNT website has updated today, with some unexpected news. Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael are being re-issued in new packaging. And each one of them will come with a 'DVD Single' of one episode of the new series. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of these types of reissues. But it will be good for the new collectors that have missed the first versions of the turtles. So far here is the line up and links. :)

Leonardo w/ "Garbageman" (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leo/dvdleomoc.html)

Michelangelo w/ "Darkness on the Edge of Town" (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/mike/dvdmikemoc.html)

Donatello w/ "Garbageman" (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/don/dvddonmoc.html)

Raphael w/ "Darkness on the Edge of Town" (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/raph/dvdraphmoc.html)

Hopefully the final versions will feature four different episodes. It is likely these are just mockups, as the DVD slipcase for Donny's is blue instead of purple and Mikey's is red instead of Orange. After all, it makes little sense to issue the same two episodes twice. So that is likely the case. Either way, it's good for you variation collectors. And it's good for those new collectors that missed the Wave 1 TMNT figures. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Well blah this mornings toy run was a major bust. Didn't find a dang thing, atleast not in the way of tmnt. You know it's an odd day when you find new sw figures but not tmnt, it's usually the exact opposite. Anyway no worries i'm sure they will show up soon enough. Too bad walmarts still don't have a huge tmnt section like they did during christmas. I wonder if they might have some sort of promotion going on when they rerelease the original turtles with dvds? I remember MOTU had a promotion at walmart going when they had videos attatched.

Oh also maybe some folks on here can help out with this. I've been trying to do some research on forums and what not and I can't find anyone that knows what the case ratios are for the latest two tmnt cases. JJB do you know anything about it? If not isn't there forumites here that work at walmart that may be able to look up some of that info for us?

Beast
03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
I have no information as to case assortments. Sadly it seems that noone keeps track of these things. And since noone sells the figures on-line, I can't get the case info from them either. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-18-2004, 08:55 PM
It's surprising no one sells these toys online. A lot of the online retailers even sell power rangers! Someone certainly needs to carry tmnt.

jad
03-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Yeeha! just found turtle toddlers finnaly. Now i'm all caught up, just gotta wait for the next wave. Oh I had a question for anyone that has the super articulated turtles with armor. I don't have these and I was wondering if they were worth getting?

Beast
03-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I have all of them. And I think they are. The articulation is a great asset for the figures. The hinged hands are a bit of an annoyance. But that's why I keep those little elastic bands that the Star Wars figures come with. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-20-2004, 05:03 PM
I finally saw Turtle Titan last night, it didn't look all that good to me, besides the stance, the articulation issue looked like it came into play a lot, and paint apps seemed flat and sloppy; plus, he just doesn't appeal to me personally.

Armored Turtles, I only have Leo & Donny so far, mainly because I'm really not that happy with them, they don't have THAT MUCH new articulation or range of motion, only the ankles are really exciting to me, and the headsculpts are not as good as the originals (especially Don).

jad
03-24-2004, 01:03 PM
My TT is perfect. Had awsome crisp paint apps and I personally thing the articulation is pretty good. The only thing that could have improved it was to add knee joints. But I really like that episode of the cartoon so perhaps thats some of the reason I like the figure so much. Sorry it didn't appeal to ya, because I love mine :)

Beast
03-24-2004, 01:08 PM
The paint apps on my TT's face is a bit sloppy. Mostly overspray from the mask. But I'll take care of that in a couple days. But I agree, I really like the figure. Nice articulation. Finally a TMNT Turtle figure that's standing normally. It's just a sweet looking figure. But I also liked that Episode, so that might be why I really like the figure. Only complaint I have is the gloved hand being stuck in that whacky pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I've seen a LOT of these in the past week now, not one single other figure from the wave though, and most had paint issues.

BTW, how much can the legs actually move? And how long is his string accessory? It's hard to tell these things in the package.

Beast
03-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know why Mikey's the easiest one to find. He's packed out 3 per case, I know that. And so is the Toddler Turtles. From what I know the Foot Mystic and Turtlebot are currently 1 per case. That may not be correct.

Plus the basic Foot Soldier is shipping again. As for TT Mikey, he has I guess you called them, "Universal Joint" legs. So other then how his shell and plastron get in the way, he has pretty good leg movement. As for Mikey's string accessory. The string is about 10" long. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
10"? Heck, it looks like 2 or 3 at most in the package, they should have coiled it up in the tray instead of hiding it behind the insert, would have been more enticing.

About the legs, how is the articulation compared to the original turtles and the armored turtles? They both have universal jointed hips as well, but barely any usable range of motion out of that point.

Beast
03-24-2004, 08:04 PM
It's really hard to explain. You can get more movement out of them. But you still have the back shell and the front plastron getting in the way. I still would really like a set of turtles with straight legs like this. As well as a slightly smaller Splinter. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Found Turtle Titan today. Mine seems to have paint issues around where his mask and nose meet, but nothing too horrible looking that it sticks out. Im hoping i can find the others sometime soon, im not too worried though, this line is very easy on a collector.

Beast
03-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Someone mentioned over at the Drome, that they found Leatherhead. And a bunch of older figures packaged with the DVD's. So it seems it's not just the first four figures that are coming with DVD's now. He said he found quite a few of the older figures as well as some of the new ones coming packaged with "Darkness on the Edge of Town" on a DVD single. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Reposting this from the Technodrome:

According to a post and pictures on Raving Toy Maniacs, it seems Wal-Mart is the place to be for Turtle Power. The original report of the first four Turtle figures being reiussed with DVD's has turned into nearly the entire line being reissued with DVD's. It appears to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, similar to the Mattel Batman figures reissued with Comic Books that occured recently. All currently released figures appear to have been recarded with DVD's. The only exception appears to be 'April O'Neil' and the 'Fire Foot Mystic'. So get to your Wal-Mart's and start hunting the endcaps. Because they are showing up now in many areas. :)

TMNT: New Figures w/ DVD (http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Splinter/TMNT_-_New_Figures.jpg)
TMNT: New Endcap Displays (http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Splinter/TMNT_-_Figure_Display.jpg)

[Thanks to JediJones for the Info]

[Original Report can be found here: http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/74632.shtml ]
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Ok, these are pretty cool. I'm still upset that they ditched the Toon Accurate Space Hoppin' Turtles. But these look sweet. Hopefully they are toon accurate from the upcoming 'Junklantis' episode of the toon that features the return of Garbageman. I really am glad that while we are getting new Versions of the Turtles, this year also features tons of villians and secondary character figures. Playmates really knows how to run a toy line. :)

We've got plenty of Turtles Coverage upcoming, but we wanted to show you these concept drawings of a possible upcoming Skuba wave that Playmates shared with us...

Whilst the majority of the 2004 Turtles on display we'd already shown you as part of our 2004 preview, we've got a few US ToyFair articles coming up.

But something we've not shown you, which Playmates kindly let us share with you guys, is this concept art for an upcoming series they;re working on.

Now Playmates fully expects collectors not to like this wave, but I told Playmates that I seriously think they underestimate how much they do right. Playmates told us that whilst they except that Turtles in scuba gear could be considered a bit redundant, they are trying to come up with new ways to include the main 4 heroes. This prompted a long discussion regarding amphibians and how if the Turtles wanted to stay underwater for a long period of time, scuba gear could be necessary.

So what have we got here:
Skuba Donatello comes with a trident spear and what appears to be 3" Stingray. His visor is has a clear lense and flips up. His swim fins come off and it makes mention of shoulder and wrist pivots

Skuba Michaelangelo comes with 4" squid and removable swim fins and a knife that may go into a leg sheath. The mask flips up..clear lens again and ball jointed shoulders are mentioned on the concept drawing. as well as wrist pivots. he comes with a water craft propulsion jet device with firing torpedo.

Skuba Raphael may come with a 4" octopus. He'll feature Flip up visor with a clear lens and again it mentions Shoulder and wrist articulation specifically (these all seem to have standard articulation as well, just these items are specifically mentioned). His underwater camera light will have an action feature labelled "finger flick darts". You'll also be able to tilt the rotors on the propultion back pack and play with his removable sais/knives.

Finally Skuba Leonardo also features Flip up mask with clear lens as well as a removable swim fins. On the articulation front, ball jointed shoulders and wrist swivels are mentioned on the concept drawing. he'll also come with a working spear gun, which works similar to a crossbow and a 4" attack shark.

As always, these things are subject to change, and I honestly would expect to see these in stores until late this year at the very earliest. Playmates has a lot of Turtles figures lined up for 2004, so fitting in another wave would be difficult.
http://www.action-figure.com/Article11429.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
04-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Today at Walmart i picked up the Giant Mouser. It also came with a DVD, in fact most of the figures on the pegs had one. The only other new turtle toy they had was Turtle Titan. Other than that no sign of anything else new. The Turtle section looked a lot bigger, but didnt seem to have a prominent position.

Beast
04-01-2004, 01:16 PM
You should go back and check the endcaps. The TMNT figures w/ DVD's are an endcap exclusive for Wal-Mart. They've been showing up in a lot of areas, and hopefully will start showing up in greater numbers soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Silent Chazz
04-01-2004, 01:54 PM
For the Love of Ketwol, I hope My stupid Panhandle Wal-Mart gets these exclusives in because I'd definately get Turtle Titan if he came with a DVD (despite the fact now I'm mainly only collecting SW figures and SOME ToyBiz 6" LOTR figs).

kool-aid killer
04-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Hope youre able to score one Chazz, most of the Turtle figures have been easy to find.

JJB, i checked the endcaps, but no Turtles were seen. The amount of Turtle pegs looked like a significant increase from previous times.

I think Target has the figures with Ooze on sale. Im hoping to pick up a Foot soldier before the sale ends.

Silent Chazz
04-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Went to my Wal-Fart today and sure enough as it is, they didn't have anything new. Just a lone April O'neal thats been sitting there for over 2 months now.

jad
04-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Woohoo! Almost got caught up tonight. Found everyone except for Stonebiter. Which is weird because I had first grab on the cases fresh out of the boxes.

My story on getting these figures is actually a bit interesting, so I thought i'd post it. I almost missed the figures because they didn't have them on the endcaps like they're supposed to at this particular walmart. I was just looking around the transformer section when I glanced up and saw 4 box displays full of the new dvd figures. None of the new figures were at the front however. The display has about 4 rows of 4. And all 4 figures on all 4 displays were just the regular figures, if that makes sense ;)

Anyway I knew that those new figures would be in there so I ran and grabbed on of Walmarts trademark crappy half *** employe's. She was just some highschool girl and she acted really put out that she had to get them down for me. So she brought the little ladder over asked which figures I needed. I explained that I knew there were probably some of the new ones in the cases up there. She then said "no, they are just the same figures, in the same order as they are at the front." I told her I knew that wasn't the case because i've read about it online. So finnaly after pulling her teeth so to speak I got her to bring down the cases. She didn't seem all that pleased, but I didn't care. Plus I was thinking "it's your job plus i'm about to spend about 30 bucks, so shut up." A went through all the cases and got all the new figures I was missing: giant mouser, razor fist, and leatherhead. But for some odd reason stonebiter was nowhere to be found. So I guess i'll have to go check out some of the other walmarts to see if I can find him.

All and all it was a great score, I just wish walmart employees would be more helpful. This happens to me all the time, and it just makes me hate shopping there. Unfortunately I kinda have to shop there to find a good majority of the toys I collect.

Thought you folks would like hearing about it though. Seems like if your not finding the endcaps stoked you may just wanna do a sweep of the upper shelves in the toy section just in case. Happy hunting :)

Silent Chazz
04-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Considering that A whole bunch of figures only have 2 different choices of DVDs it seems that if u guys open these u'll have extras of the DVDs. PM me if you can hook me up with either of the DVDs if you have extras.

JediTricks
04-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Picked up Turtlebot w/ DVD on a big endcap at my local WM on Friday. The endcap had some non-DVD figs mixed in (including a couple Turtlebots, whose UPCs bring up "Evil Turtlebot" in the scanners while the DVD version says something like "Turtle Robot"), and I found a few Giant Mousers & Turtle Titans with DVDs as well, but no Leatherheads or the other 3 either with or without. I didn't mind too much, besides the Turtlebot, I only sorta wanted Leatherhead from this wave anyway.

Then, yesterday, I stopped by Target where they were having a fairly big sale on some toys (it was the last day of the sale), especially Transformers:Energon figures. TMNT prices were slashed a buck on figures and 2 bucks on the lower-price vehicles (there were other TMNT sale prices, but I didn't pay much attention), so I picked up the RazorJet which I've been eyeballing for a while now.

Turtlebot is pretty cool, I dig his clear yellow katanas and bo, though I wanted sais as well. :D The leg pose is a little hard to get used to, but it isn't terrible. The uni-jointed hips and shoulders are more limited than I'd like, but he has the basics you'd get from the regular turtle figs and a little extra range in the legs. The rotating wrists are nice, not really sure what the giant, spring-loaded hands are about but whatever. The one point of articulation I think this fig could really use is an up-and-down on the neck. The overall detail is slick, and I like that they changed the colors from the prototype's simple brown limbs, gives more texture. Dunno about the Foot symbols on each shoulder though. I like opening shell and details within, but I wish there was more detailing back there from paint or sculpting or both.

As for the RazorJet, I'm a sucker for motorcycle-type toys, and this one is pretty neat. It's on-par with the Sewer Slider, not a ton of gimmicks, but some neat details. The extending forks and maneuverable razor wings are really neat, I like the extending hose on the forks, that's a cool little detail. The shooting underside hoverfan doesn't float my boat, it's too easy to accidentally trigger, and I wish it held in place a little better, but it's not horrible. I like the little afterburner flames that pop out the back, that looks pretty neat - normally I dislike plastic "fire", but here it works. The bike has Shredder's main coloring and his helmet shape, but it's not over-the-top silly or anything. The handlebar paint and seat paint seems to come off too easily thus far, but that doesn't hurt the look too much. Like the Sewer Slider, the figure doesn't so much sit on the vehicle as the vehicle is designed to accomodate the figure almost standing up normally, this works for the most part (on both, really) but has its drawbacks too. The actual wheels are not as well hidden as they should be, but I've seen worse. I put the Foot Tech Ninja on it, and it "sorta kinda" fits, but this craft was clearly made for the Foot Soldier... I don't dare put Shredder on, not only am I not sure it's possible, but he'd look ridiculous riding a craft that looks like him. (Ok, I did it, his left arm wouldn't play nice so it didn't hold the controls, but it did work though it looks just as ridiculous as I feared.) All in all, this is a jaunty little craft and makes a good ride for the Foot Soldier figures.

jad
04-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Well i'm all caught up on TMNT! I found a lone Stonebiter at one of my local FredMeyers. There were absolutley no other new figures there either. I'm really surprised someone grabbed all the rest but left a stonebiter. Oh well, who am I to complain.

Stonebiters extremely cool! Probably my favorite of the new figures for 04 so far. Just a good sculpt. Plus he has this jaw opening action feature thats really nice. The trigger for the feature doesn't stand out as it's one of his scales on his back.

I think I heard that he's the short packed figure of this wave though, so he's pretty tough to find as far as tmnt figures go. Happy hunting folks! I can't wait for the next few waves.

Btw, JJB or anyone else do you know when the next few waves are expected out?

kool-aid killer
04-13-2004, 12:25 PM
I scored the Fire Foot Mystic Ninja while on a walk thru Walmart yesterday. Aside from him there were no other new figures to be found. The pegs were full of Trash Armor Turtles though. I like the Fire Ninja figure. His paint job was nice and i like his spear. It says his skin is blue, but it looks light gray to me. Anybody pick up the Turtle Sub? My brother has been asking for one and im just curious as to whether a turtle figure fits in well or is it a tight squeeze like a few other vehicles have been.

LTBasker
04-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Are the regular versions of the 4 Turtles and Splinter hard to find? I'm hoping to get those for my collection. They've been about the only thing that gets restocked well in my Wal-Marts, so it's hard to say no anymore. :D

kool-aid killer
04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
With the exception of the Splinter, the Turtles ought to be easy to obtain. Splinter disappeared a while ago but i dont think he should be commanding an expensive ebay price. And i believe JJB said something about us getting a new, better looking version sometime this year.

JJB, any info on how the Stockman figure is going to turn out?

Beast
04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
The original Turtles and Splinter started shipping again recently. Plus there's the recards from the DVD promotion with Wal-Mart. But enough of that, a bunch of TMNT Updates today. Some good, some bad, some awful. :p

The official website has updated with pictures of the prototype Scuba Gear Turtle figures. They still look pretty good. Would still rather prefer toon accurate TMNT figures. But this is one of the better variant ideas. At least in my mind. Hopefully we'll eventually get comic accurate variants, one of these days. :)

Leonardo Scuba Gear Turtle (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leo/deepdivin.html)
Raphael Scuba Gear Turtle (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/raph/deepdivin.html)
Michelangelo Scuba Gear Turtle (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/mike/deepdivin.html)
Donatello Scuba Gear Turtle (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/don/deepdivin.html)

Playmates: UK Exculsive Extreme Commando Repaints!!

And, so it begins. The start of the repaints. And they're not even being released here in the states. We're getting a -different- repaint. God help us all. I realize that the turtle brand is selling really well right now. But Playmates needs to watch it. Or they're going to lose retailer and consumer confidence with all the repaints and such. Here you go, repainted Fighting Gear Turtles for the UK, Extreme Commando Turtles.

Leonardo: Extreme Commando (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leo/xcommando.html)
Raphael: Extreme Commando (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/raph/xcommando.html)
Michelangelo: Extreme Commando (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/mike/xcommando.html)
Donatello: Extreme Commando (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/don/xcommando.html)

Baxter Stockman & Usagi Yojimbo Prototype Revealed!!

Don't jump for joy yet....because the Baxter is majorly toon inaccurate. The body he comes with doesn't match -any- of his cartoon appearances. And the head looks terrible. So no hope for a headswap with a Utrom Exoskeleton. It looks more like a psychotic Krang's bubblewalker. Seriously, I'm starting to lose major faith in the line. It started so strong too, and now it's starting to stumble. I can't really say much more, the pictures speak for themselves. Playmates, you wound me. At least Usagi is cool.

Baxter Stockman Prototype 1 (http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=TMNT%2FStockman&pic=Stockman1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)
Baxter Stockman Prototype 2 (http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=TMNT%2FStockman&pic=Stockman2.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)
Usagi Yojimbo Wax Sculpt (http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=TMNT%2FStockman&pic=YJ1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
04-14-2004, 10:42 AM
I didnt plan on getting any of the Scuba Gear Turtles so i could care less how they look. Im glad to hear that the "Extreme Commando" Turtles will be a UK exclusive, may they remain that way. But Stockmen is disappointing. Very disappointing. I like the "Krangish" suit, with the exception of the arms sticking out everywhere. But i would much rather have him in his human form first. Usagi looks kind of nice though.

Beast
04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Couple really fast updates today, about Usagi Yojimbo and Murakami Gennosuke. Both of them will be appearing in the 2nd Season finale "The Big Brawl" episode. And also likely in Season 3, when the Turtles are supposed to go in Usagi's Homeworld. But the cool thing is, both of them are going to get action figures from Playmates. Here's the news and links. :)

Playmates: Usagi Design Sheet & Test Shot Pics!!

In addition to Gen, we also got the design sketches for the Rabbit Bodyguard himself. Here he is, ladies and gentlemen. I really like the look for him so far. I would have preferred that both of his feet were flat on the surface. A more neutral pose might have been a better choice, instead of sculpting him posed on the toes of his left foot. But regardless of that, I'm really looking forward to Usagi. Hopefully we'll see even more characters from Usagi's world in the toon and toys. Maybe Laird will even allow them to use Ninjara as a native from Usagi's world.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/usagi/design_sheet.jpg
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/usagi/usagi.html

Playmates: Murakami Gennosuke (Gen) Figure Design!!

We had earlier reports that Murakami Gennosuke (Gen) would be a part of the new TMNT animated series. And it appears to be true, because not only is Usagi getting an action figure. So is his buddy, the samurai Rhino. The design sketch for the figure was revealed on the official TMNT website today. Here's the link to the design sheet, a picture of gen, and a character bio from the Usagi comics. As well as a link to the thread that announced his inclusion in, "The Big Brawl". You can almost hear the mass cofusion for Rocksteady in the masses.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/gen/design_sheet.jpg
http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/gen/gen-fight.jpg
http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/gen.html
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Are the regular versions of the 4 Turtles and Splinter hard to find? I'm hoping to get those for my collection. They've been about the only thing that gets restocked well in my Wal-Marts, so it's hard to say no anymore. :D Ha! No way, Playmates keeps releasing them in alternate packaging (different bubble poses and such), I see a lot of these every week while looking for other stuff.

Scuba Turtles, maybe Raph but other than that, no thanks.

Extreme Commando repaints, no thanks. Actually, if the colors on Raph & Mike were better, I'd get them (I've been holding off on those 2 for a while now).

Baxter Stockman, shamefully bad. I'm going to agree with those quoted comments about him and the line in general.

Usagi, looks good, disappointing about action gimmick, I might pass.

Gen isn't even a figure, he's one of those string-tension puppets! And he looks really cool too, but I don't go in for that sort of thing - hit fig in chest and he falls apart... didn't Toy Biz use that in their Xmen movie line with an ACCESSORY?!?

kool-aid killer
04-15-2004, 11:59 AM
I stumbled across the Toddle Turtles yesterday at Target. They looks so cute. :crazed: Im not ashamed to say it either. :D They all look to be the same mold though. And i really like how their weapons appear to be made of various things you could find in a sewer, yet they resemble the weapons that their respective Turtle will use once he hits his teens. The Toddler Turtles are probably my favorite figures from the whole line so far.

JediTricks
04-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Finally saw Stonebiter, Toddler Turtles, and Fire Foot Mystic today... not one of them at the same store or even the same chain as each other! I don't get why they gave the toddler head sculpt the half-open mouth, it is so specific that it makes it stand out when they ALL have it. I would have gone totally closed or totally open.

kool-aid killer
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
On Tuesday before class i found Stonebiter, the Turtlebot, Razorfist, and Leatherhead. I really like the Turtlebot, probably one of the coolest baddies weve got so far. Stonebiter is probably the most plain looking of the four, and his accessories arent anything big. I like Razorfist for the most part. But the thing on his back could have been left out. Looks out of place on him since Stonebiter doenst have anything like it. Leatherhead immediately caught my eye. Hes pretty basic, with a knob sticking out of his side and a "tail whip" weapon that fits on his tail. The haul was probably my best Turtle find ever. Now i just need to find Quarry and i will be caught up.

jad
04-22-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm not even sure if any ones found Quarry yet. I've heard rumors of it, but haven't found any evidence. I'm not even sure if she's up on ebay yet. Maybe i'll check that out.

Beast
05-01-2004, 04:36 AM
There's updated pictures of several of the upcoming figures now on Playmates Toys' website. Most of them look pretty good. I wish they would stick to toon accurate figures though. :)

http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_claw_shredder.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_malignus.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_fugitoid.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_mozar.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_guardian.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_multiarm.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_sentry.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_triceraton.jpg
http://www.playmatestoys.com/images/tmnt/figure_utrom.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
05-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I like most of them but agree with the wanting toon accurate figures. Claw Shredder looks silly with his missile launching cannon on one of his claws. And i dont like the weapons on Fugitoid. Other than those two, the slight changes among the others dont bother me too much. Im really looking forward to Mozar and the Triceraton guard though.

CaptainSolo1138
05-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Just got my "little kid" turtles. Damn them are cool!

Silent Chazz
05-02-2004, 05:52 PM
I just started collecting the line (FINALLY!!!). Bought my first TMNT figure last night when I picked up a Ultra Ewok at Super Wally World. Picked up the first Wave Leonardo. I hope to score the First Wave Mikey, Don, and Raph as soon as I get some cash again. I also have a Turtle Titan Mikey figure on its way. Good god those new TMNT figures look AWESOME. If we can get Utroms and evil Ugly Mutant Genetic Clones of the Shredder, then MAYBE, just maybe, They'll come out with a Leonardo with an interchangable hand/Glove and The Sword of Tengu figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Ah, i couldn't help but stop in and visit my ole thread i started all those years ago!! Where does the time go? :crazed: I have since rid myself of the line as there were WAY too many variants and whatnot, which i figured would happen. Plus, Binksy showed me those "toddler turtles" and it saddens me that playmates cancelled the simpsons line, but makes this crap. Hopefully, the line will get better than what i've seen. Happy hunting, kids!! :D

Beast
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey now, the Toddler Turtles are awesome. And there isn't that many variants. There's only been 3 different theme versions of each turtle so far. Not counting the Turtle Titan Mikey or the Toddlers. And there's only 2 more coming this year, the Space Hoppers and the Scuba Turtles. And that's also in conjunction with a ton of non-Turtle figures for the line. Just look at the numbers for proof. :)

TMNT Figures (2003): 12 Turtle Figures - 11 Non-Turtle Figures
TMNT Figures (2004): 13* Turtle Figures - 23 Non-Turtle Figures

*13 includes the four different Toddlers in the 4-Pack.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Card Dreamer
05-02-2004, 11:05 PM
well, I myself am loving this line. I'm not collecting the gimick variations (sports, battle armor, etc) of the turtles...not even the mutations (I have the originals, from the first playmates lione ;) ). However, I love most of the line and hope to get them.

the turtle Toddlers ROCK! and they are the ONLY ones I've bought ON THE SPOT!! As for fugitoid, I wasn't thrilled with his fig. It doesn't look much like the toon and it matters little since, again, I have the original fig they did from the first TMNT line. I think that's what I like most about these figs as they are mixable with the original line (I have ALL the figures from the original line, and ALL their weapons to, so this is so wonderful to me.).

Beast
05-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Actually the Fugitoid will look like the one from the toon. Those are the interchangable hands that Laird wanted on the first figure. So the final version should be toon accurate, and should have the regular fingers as well as the snap on accessory ones. The only really toon inaccurate figures are the Space Hopping Turtles and the upcoming Baxter Stockman. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Card Dreamer
05-02-2004, 11:13 PM
ah, if it's just snap on/off interchangable arms, then that's fine. However, I still say the original looked better, especially with the copper and black color scheme going on ;)

Beast
05-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah, but the original wasn't even comic accurate. The original was all Playmates idea, they didn't use any of what the actual character looked like. Which I never understood, but ah well. I think Playmates was trying to play him off as C-3PO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Something about the Fugitoid's lower body just doesn't look right to me. The removable arms/backpack thing I'll have to see in person, but I'm not really sure yet.

I was surprised at how the Triceraton figures look, I'll probably end up getting both, but definitely Mozar. The Utrom looks cool, not sure about the colors of the body, but I'll get that one unless it's super ugly. The Guardian doesn't look articulated enough, my interest there will be how limber the shoulders are, I think. The rest don't do anything for me at all.

Beast
05-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, here's some sucky news for you TMNT figure collectors. Quarry, the companion figure to Stonebiter and Razorfist has been pulled from the release schedule. No real explainations why, even though she was pictured on the back of the newest cards. Hopefully they'll still release her in 2005. Here's a couple E-Mails from Playmates Customer Services. :(

Usagi is out later this year and so is Baxter. Space Hoppin is out now, then comes Deep Divin, then comes Ripped Up (muscle bound turtles). Gen is not out until the Spring. Quarry is not coming out this year.

This is the best information I can give you. Some of the figures can be cancelled or moved to other times of the year. Nothing is for sure until it is produced.

Regards, Paula Billingsley
Consumer Services (1-877-612-7072)
Playmates Toys Inc.

The figure is not coming out. It was dropped from the line for now even though it is shown on the back of the packaging.
It may come out late 2005 but it is not determined yet.

Regards, Paula Billingsley
Consumer Services (1-877-612-7072)
Playmates Toys Inc.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
05-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Why? Quarry was the most prominent shown monster of the three. Of the three Quarry SHOULD have been produced first. I hope she does come out sometime in the future though, it sucks when nice looking figures get the shaft for no good reason.

JediTricks
05-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Oh man, Playmates is turning this line back into the original, except without most of the cool secondary and tertiary characters! Who the hell needs non-cartoon-based Turtles every wave now?!?

JediTricks
06-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Spotted all 4 Space-hoppin Turtles at Burbank Target the other day, they had multiples of each spread throughout the pegs. I think they lowered the number of paint apps, the prototype photos have a few more colors on each. I passed on all 4 m'self, these just weren't my cup o' tea.

Beast
07-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Seems that Playmates is going to do three more 'Ninja Action Figures'. But instead of just reissuing old molds like was done with the turtles, they sculpted new Splinter, Shredder, and Foot Soldier figures for the line. There's even video that shows how they work. The Splinter and Foot Soldier work pretty damn cool, and hopefully so does the Shredder. It looks like there is a stomache panel on the figure also, so I hope it reveals the Utrom Shredder. Follow the link to check out Splinter and Footy in action. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/ninjaaction/ninjaaction.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-05-2004, 10:50 PM
I spotted the ninja action figs Saturday at TRU, they also had the lid launcher which is bigger than I thought. The ninja action figs were $8.99.

Beast
07-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Hot news from the official TMNT website today, as it reveals carded images of the following figures. As well as a un-announced Leonardo vs. T-Rex 2-Pack boxset that should be available later this year as well. I have to say that they definatly all look great. Though I wish they would have done a 'TMNT figure vs. Baxter Box' 2-Pack instead. :)

Leonardo Vs. T-Rex Boxset (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leo/trex.html)
Commander Mozar (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/mozar/moc.html)
Fugitoid (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/fugitoid/moc.html)
Guardian Ninja (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/guardian/moc.html)
Multi-Arm Shredder (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/multiarmshredder/moc.html)
Silver Sentry (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/silversentry/moc.html)
Triceraton Soldier (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/triceraton/moc.html)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Heads up for collectors of this line, the newtest wave is hitting now:

Commander Mozar
Fugitoid
Guardian Ninja
Silver Sentry
Triceraton Soldier

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Well, seems we have what appears to be an TRU Exclusive showing up now. It retails for just under $50.00. The set included a SWAT detailed and tweaked Battle Shell, and a SWAT deatiled and tweaked Helicopter made out of the Shell Sub. It also comes with a SWAT version of Leonardo and Donatello. The Leo and Donny are the Super-Articulated armor versions, just with a assortment of different armor pieces. It also includes 6 bonus Mousers. Here's the pictures. :)

Also, for you UK readers the Argo's Exclusive Extreme Commando Turtles are now available to order from their stores. Man, they're really milking those Battle Armor turtles as much as possible, arn't they. :p

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&productId=109704

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
08-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Not interested in the new Battle Shell, though the six mousers would come in handy for creating a mini army. I have yet to see anything new that i want, the space Turtles arent interesting nor is the Leo vs. Dino box set. Hopefully Mozar and the Triceraton soldier hit soon, i need some new figures to make me feel that this line is worth continuing.

JediTricks
08-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Oops, forgot to mention all the TMNT sightings I've had in the past 2 weeks.

There's the Dinosaur set, 2 boxed motorcycle sets w/ Leo & Raph IIRC, those big 10" turtles now are wearing upsized junk armor, and I found the Triceraton, multi-arm Shredder, the Triceraton commander, and the Guardian figures at Target North Hollywood last Tuesday. Guardian & clone Shredder come with glow-in-the-dark weapons that are a pale white color that looks like they were unfinished, these accessories look really bad IMO (hopefully they look better in the dark) and I ended up passing on every figure here. No sign of the Utrom fig pictured on the back.

JediTricks
08-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh, forgot about seeing Silver Sentry that day too, and spotted him and Fugitoid yesterday at Target as well. Sentry also has those g.i.t.d. accessories that look unfinished.

JediTricks
09-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Spotted the Deep Sea Diver Mikey on Friday at Target West Hollywood.

kool-aid killer
09-06-2004, 01:16 PM
I seen some new figures (Silver Sentry, Fugitiod, and Guardian Ninja) about two weeks ago yet i passed on them. Not because i didnt like any of them but i think it would be in my best interest if i spread out my purchases of these figures as opposed to getting them all at once. That way my interest in the line doesnt shoot up only to recede once no new products have hit for a month or so.

JediTricks
09-10-2004, 12:12 AM
spotted all the deep diver turtles today at WM and Target, as well as claw shredder and a single solitary Utrom. I bought the Utrom but the back says the body is "sticky-squishy" which makes me not want to open the packaging for fear that it will get covered in dust and hair.

kool-aid killer
09-10-2004, 02:29 PM
A squishy figure, doesnt sound very appealing to me. I would have the exact same problem, dust would eventually get on him and he would look very nasty after a while. A dumb question though, do you think there would be any way to harden him? Microwave or boiling him maybe? Or would he melt and get even nastier?

JediTricks
09-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Gah! I couldn't stand it anymore, I hate having figures that I won't open, so I opened it up. The fig is everything I feared, the Utrom is that same tacky rubbery "Wacky Wall Walker" material (only with paint, so it has even more ways of getting ruined) and is totally hollow to boot, he doesn't really want to fit in his exo skeleton's torso cavity very well, either popping up or out. I've owned Wacky Wall Walkers that have been in storage for 20 years yet are the same consistency after all that time, so I don't think there will be a way to harden this guy (plus, if you harden him, he won't be able to fit in the exo body). Playmates sculpted all the robotic joints onto this exo, but the figure actually only has 5 basic points of articulation: standard neck, standard shoulders, and v-crotch hips. What IS IT with them and the v-crotch design?!? Anyway, the coolest thing about this set IMO is the hover disc dealy is light enough that it sticks to the Utrom.

Well, I'm done with this guy already, he's picked up a bunch of little hairs and dust particles and I'm less than thrilled. I think this will end up being my last TMNT figure. :ermm:

JediTricks
09-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Spotted Baxter Stockman at WM and TRU, the head sculpt is way fat and he's got that super mecha suit that looks way over the top. It also seemed like the figure was supposed to hold his missiles with his grasper hands, seems REALLY doofy to me.

Beast
09-17-2004, 10:16 PM
New TMNT "Big Brawl" Series Figures for 2005!!

Well it seems we're getting some really great figures coming our way in 2005. A lot of often requested figures, and some that I never thought would see the light of day is coming to toy stories near us in 2005. So far we can expect a lot of figures based on the current 'Big Brawl' storyline, including Drako, Traximus, Ultimate Ninja, and the Daimyo. So far we have pictures of the following figures being confirmed:

Drako
Traximus
Ultimate Ninja
Gen
Butterfly-Swords
Dark-Assasin
Ultimate-Daimyo

Follow the link to American Dream Comics for pictures:

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4420

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Today the same site updated with one of the new vehicles for 2005. Zanramons Cruiser, which appeared in the Triceraton 5-parter that opened Season 2. Does this mean we might get a Zanramon figure? I sure hope so. I also hope the goofy 'Turtle' stickers are not already on the ship.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4427

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Ninja, Dark Assassin, and the Cruiser all look pretty slick. Those stickers on the ship are really bad though.

The hair on Ultimate-Daimyo looks to be rooted, that'd be a really odd choice IMO for this kind of toy.

I dunno, this line is still too stingy on the articulation, but I won't totally write it off.

JediTricks
12-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Something I spotted a few weeks ago and forgot to mention here, I saw the work-out "Ripped Up" Turtles, they lift weights with lever action.

Then, last week, I spotted a new vehicle, the Turtle Tunneller, a figure I hadn't seen before (don't remember his name, red alien type fig, "Dr" something or other), and the 4 new "Ninja Knights" Turtles, wearing chromed knights armor.

kool-aid killer
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Dr. Malignus is his name. He appeared in the Turtle Titan episode along with Silver Sentry. I spotted him for the first time yesterday. Him and the rabbit Usagi Yojimbo. I almost picked them up, but decided against it. Im not sure whether i want to continue with this line or not.

JediTricks
12-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah, that's him, thanks. Can't say I remember him in the show though.

While I too am on the fence with this line, when I see Usagi, I will definitely buy him. I'm more interested in the vehicles in this line than the figures, that's not a good sign.

JediTricks
12-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I saw Usagi at Target & WM each for just under $5 and also at TRU for their regular price, I bought him at WM. Unfortunately, the figure is really crappy! I am so disappointed, this thing is a McFarlane statue in terms of articulation, the lower legs have an upper-thigh swivel and the arms have forearm and upper-bicep swivels which means he can't do much with his legs and he can never put his arms down! But wait, because of the upper-body swinging action gimmick, he doesn't even have usable waist articulation - and unlike others, this waist won't ratchet.

JediTricks
12-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Is anybody else interested in this line at all anymore? Seems like between me and Kool-aid there, we're the only things happening in this thread in the last 3 months.

Anyway, I picked up the Turtle Tunneler, it's a winner in my book. It's a good carpet toy, big back wheels and the front hidden wheels that turn the digger nose work nicely on most surfaces, and the digger nose turns at a pretty good speed and is big enough to be believable. The concept of a tunneler seems very much in step with the world of these ninja turtles, certainly a lot better than the pogo copter and a few others. The rear spoiler/foglight array can be pulled back and down to become a platform for 1 turtle to stand on (or possibly 2 if you're daring), it even has footpegs and the back of the canopy has grips so the figure in the back stays in place. The cockpit opens nicely and has lots of windows, inside is a seat that accomodates a turtle about as well as the other vehicles (that is, to say, barely sitting at all ;)) and a big dashboard & steering wheel. The colors all go well together even with the red color, though I did remove the TMNT logo stickers and the ying-yang wheel hub stickers, there's even some blackened weathering behind the gold digger nose. The sides of the engine area pop out to reveal 2 spring-loaded missile launchers, the missiles don't fly very far, but their launching tabs are creative and the whole gimmick fits very well when retracted - I'm especially impressed by how the backs of the missiles are stowed inside the body even with the launchers revealed, which is my preferred look, makes the vehicle look like a souped-up car/train/thing.

kool-aid killer
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, ive noticed JJBs departure from this thread also. My interest in this line is waning. A year ago i wouldnt have dropped this line, but i really cant say i dont feel the same anymore. The whole Quarry thing, along with the (seemingly) long time between new products to arrive, plus cheesy renditions of characters (Stockman) have led me to hardly ever checking up on these guys. Its a shame too, because of the lines i collect this has been by far the easiest to complete.

Beast
12-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm still reading, just haven't had much to say as of late. The latest I've seen in my area is Usagi, Malignus, and the Knight turtles. 2005 is looking up for the line though, as there's quite a few figures coming that have been often requested. Especially the 'Big Brawl' and various other figures on the way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-21-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm afraid everybody's interest in this line is waning, I only hope JJB is right and 2005 pulls out something really superior.

I saw those photos of the Big Brawl turtles, and when I was looking through the prototype section of the TMNT site, it had 'em as the Ninja Knight prototypes, so I wonder what's up with that change.

I suspect the upcoming Air Ninja series with their flapping arms will be deluxes, which will probably keep me from buying them (I was tempted slightly when they were basics, but the flapping arm gimmick and possible higher pricetag turned me off).

Beast
12-21-2004, 10:41 PM
I believe the names being listed as the Ninja Knight prototypes was a mistake. Because the Big Brawl DVD shows the 'Battle Nexus' Turtles advertised on the insert. And it states their coming in 2005, so it must have been a mix-up on the officual site.

Zanromon (The Triceraton Leader), General Blanque, 11th Century Shredder, Hamato Yoshi and the other figures that we've seen pictures of should help the line. They really do need to cut back on the Turtles variants though. Before it wasn't as bad.

I'm hoping the things planed for 2005 come to pass, and that Quarry and the Elemental Foot Mystics get produced still. It would be silly to make Stonebiter and Razorfist without Quarry. Just as it would be to make the Fire Foot Mystic, without Water, Wind, Earth, and Metal. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Could be, Battle Nexus and Ninja Knights turtles both have chrome armor, I kinda wonder if that's not it though.

Zanmoron showed up in the Prototypes section as a figure that came with a giant spinner, I think it might not have been a full-sized figure though, looked pretty basic.

I haven't seen photos of ANY of those figures you mentioned, you need to post in here more often. ;)

The Turtle variants have gotten worse than the original line and worse than the recent MOTU debacle, the concepts are not from the cartoons and getting sillier and sillier, and some of the head sculpts are really bad, I'm still upset about the Armorized figs' heads. I hope Playmates can pull out of this nosedive in time.

Beast
12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
I haven't seen photos of ANY of those figures you mentioned, you need to post in here more often. ;)
Wooops. I swore I posted pictures of them. Oh well, he're a link:

http://americandreamcomics.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=5042

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
First I've seen of 'em.

Blanque's weapon seems to have a bolt in it. ;) He doesn't really do much for me, but a good fig for purists.

Hamato Yoshi is smiling and has almost no articulation, that's going to make it a tough sell, I hope they fix both these things but the articulation has been gone so long that I highly doubt it.

Feudal Shredder seems to have a removable helmet, that's pretty cool, and I like how his outfit looks, very dark and nasty. Unfortunately he seems to be sporting some sort of action gimmick wheel in his back and a total disregard for articulation once again. I'll still probably get this one though so long as the line holds any interest for me at that point.

JediTricks
12-31-2004, 02:16 AM
Found 3 of the Battle Nexus figures yesterday at Kmart, picked up 2 of 'em.

Ultimate Ninja - who really should have enjoyed more articulation, that does him in right there. The accessories are good but not great, the masks fit but only 1 looks good on him, the swords are not gummy for once, the wrist razor thing doesn't slide out far enough and chains into the side of his torso, and his cape isn't removable.

Drako - waaaay too small, shorter than the Ultimate Ninja and even less articulated. Neck gimmick is pointless since it goes down instead of up and his jaw opening aspect is not impressive, sculpting is too soft and preposed, and accessories - except for the nifty shield - aren't that good.

I passed on the 3rd fig, Traximus, because he's like Gen, held together with string, push the button on his chest and he collapses, I don't like that type of design.

JediTricks
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Spotted Ultimate Damiyo at WM yesterday for $5 and was very tempted to get him, but the minimal articulation and "real" hair and the fact that he's not an action character ended up getting him put back. I've also been seeing more Hover Choppers (still great, I play with mine every few days) and have seen a LOT of the Air Ninja deluxe figures (yucko!) and WM has had those spinning tops including the Zanmoron one, but these are tiny statues attached to the top of the tops which is kinda lame.

kool-aid killer
01-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Ive been seeing more and more new figures pop up. Among them, Traximus, the warrior who came after Leo, and a red dragon, along with various chrome armored turtles. Im really not familiar with the figures names (havent seen the toon in forever) but its not hard to leave these guys on the pegs anymore. I probably will get Traximus, dino figures get me straight in the heart.

JediTricks
02-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Yeah, those are all mostly from the "Battle Nexus" series, so I guess they're starting to hit stride now.

Oh, I forgot, I saw "Butterfly Swords" at WM too, but I really loathe this figure for some reason.

JediTricks
02-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Spotted the Zanramon space cruiser at TRU today for $19.99. I was tempted, but didn't really have the scratch and noticed that the windows were all open to space which didn't suit me. Features I noticed included a front section top hatch, a rear section top hatch, a rear section bottom hatch, fold-up rolling landing gear, pop-off thrusters, and (pivoting?) missile launchers on the front.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Looks like the $10 vehicles have a new style of box, I picked up the Space Cycle badged under "Battle Nexus" and also "Planet Racers", and the box was the same size as prevoius $10 vehicles but this was a window box showing off the vehicle.

BTW, the Space Cycle is nowhere near as cool as the Hover Chopper, it's too big and not particularly appealing.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Coming down after Tuesday's disappointment in the TMNT Space Cycle vehicle, I found the Moto Psycho in the same packaging as the previous except sub-badged "Bad Boys" (how unfortunate). It's a pretty nifty vehicle, looks evil and like a cartoon version of a McFarlane's Nitro Riders bike, the Moto Psycho's front wheel folds in to become a jet intake, and the rear wheel has a thrust nozzle fold behind it before it sucks halfway into the body to make for another flying motorcycle. Only weak thing is that it's super wide so Foot Soldiers really have to sit pretty much on top of it.

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Spotted the Zanramon space cruiser at TRU today for $19.99. I was tempted, but didn't really have the scratch and noticed that the windows were all open to space which didn't suit me. Features I noticed included a front section top hatch, a rear section top hatch, a rear section bottom hatch, fold-up rolling landing gear, pop-off thrusters, and (pivoting?) missile launchers on the front.
I picked this up last night, it's HUGE, I still haven't figured out where I'm going to put it. All the relevant stickers are pre-applied thankfully, and while the interior isn't too well detailed it's not barren either. There are 2 seats that slide around a bit, you can get 2 turtles to sit next to each other but since there are no seatbelts and Playmates never gave them decent hip articulation, they tend to slide off. There's enough room for them to stand inside though, you can probably stand 6 figures inside total, or 2 figures in the front cockpit area and the entire Hover Chopper vehicle behind them.

Beast
02-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Cool beans JT. I'm still intrested in the line, but Playmates really kicked my intrest level into the toilet with all the figure cancellations and the poor showing at Toy Fair. Not one 'new' figure that hadn't already been seen was shown at Toy Fair. That and the cancellation of Quarry, the other Elemental Foot Mystics, The Mousers 6-Pack, and Splinter w/ Cryotube has really made my intrest in the line take a huge nosedive. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, good thing you said that about the mouser cancellation, I hadn't heard about it and was still waiting to get the set, I guess I'll just buy the April figure at Target or WM since they're now down to $5 there.

I guess 2004 was the "bottom falling out" year for toys in general and this is the result, Hasbro is cancelling their 12" GI Joe line, putting their 4" Joe line on hiatus, they buried the sleeper hit Xevoz line; Mattel is going to nearly all repaints in their The Batman line already, their JLU line is continuing down its path of repaint hell; and Playmates not only ended The Simpsons but basically seems to be putting the brakes on TMNT from the sounds of things. Oh, and KB is still struggling and TRU's fate is still up in the air. It's too bad, I still check back with this TMNT line every time I hit the stores.

kool-aid killer
02-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I still look at the figures too, and would be lying if i said i werent tempted to get a couple, but as it is i cant bring myself to buy them any more. I seen the cruiser you mentioned and thought it looked pretty cool, and hearing that it can hold a decent amount of figures makes it more appealing. A year ago i wouldnt have hesitated to pick it up, now i think its a little too late.

JT, i was unaware that all those toy lines are ending their runs, makes me wonder whats going next and what will take their place.

JediTricks
03-02-2005, 01:00 AM
I forgot that He-Man basically suffocated to death in last year's toy market, another Mattel blunder. Gundam from Bandai also seems to have died last year as well. I think most of what's left is like Duel Masters and such, most of the other types of toys are just not being made by major companies anymore unfortunately.

And with that, I picked up my likely last TMNT figure ever yesterday (not counting April, but that's for her Mousers only)...

TMNT Dark Assasin - It was news to me that this figure doesn't actually have any upper body articulation, instead you take off his chest and underneath is another matching chest only it, with the arms and head, are rubbery. The waist is articulated, the hips are V-crotch articulated which is useless crap, and the wrists are articulated. The wrists are hard plastic and have separate suction cups behind them which are very effective. The fig comes with a small knife which ain't that cool, a helmet which ain't that cool, and a rubbery chain which is cool but he can't really hold it. $5 at Target, not sure if it was worth it.

JediTricks
03-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I found Battle Armor Raph and Mikey at WM, in the new packaging, and since I passed before and now they're a buck cheaper, I picked 'em up. They're better than Donny by a large margin, but still have trouble holding accessories. Raph's junk sais are awesome, but that's pretty much the only really great thing here I think, the rest is only "ok".

EDIT: I also like Raph's coloring, it's not the same as the other 3 and this version works well, more matte than the others; his face is great, not like Mikey's clowny face sculpt. These are on the new TMNT packaging, small TMNT logo at the top of the bubble tray, large nameplate at the bottom, still the same cardback style though - these aren't the new packaging they are switching to that they showed at Toy Fair.

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 04:22 PM
JJB or JT, do either of you still collect TMNT figures? Im sure you guys have seen the new products theyve been coming out with lately, like Turtles in Exo Suits, bearing the TMNT logo. While i no longer collect it i still keep an eye on what all comes out and i seen a SWAT pack, was the SWAT something from the cartoon or is it just a made up thing? The most tempting thing ive found so far is a little machine that can be used to make TMNT gummy figures. Sounds yummy to me.

JediTricks
08-14-2005, 05:18 PM
I have totally stopped collecting because they're falling way into the old patterns. But I have noticed all this new stuff too, including the new helicopter vehicle and trike and such.

As for SWAT, that's just something they made up for the toy line, it's not on the cartoon.

Beast
08-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty much out of collecting them also. Mostly due to all the crappy turtle variants and the lack of any secondary characters. I may get Hamato Yoshi, but that's probably the last one. At least until they make some major changes to the line and bring it back to the quality it had at the start. Or at least to the numerous numbers of secondary characters they had in the old line. I'm still pretty ****ed that they decided to not produce the figure of Quarry at all. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Even though i no longer collect the figures i still take a look at what alls coming out, and i recently seen a figure that had Quarry on the back of the card. Could he finally be coming out? If so that might drag me back into it. Ive been able to stay out despite the dinosaur stuff (i love dinos) theyve had recently. If so it sucks that they took so long to get him out.

kool-aid killer
10-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Anybody buying the new Fast Forward figures? I had been eyeing the turtles since they came out but hadnt picked any up, until i went to a TRU today and seen they were having a "Buy one get one free" sale on Turtles, so i picked up Leo, Don, Raph, and Mikey all for under $13.

JediTricks
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I've been looking at them and Splinter, but ultimately I think the line's appeal has totally faded for me.

kool-aid killer
10-07-2006, 12:50 PM
They seem to be plentiful over here, i have a hard time imagining Turtles figures flying off the shelves anywhere.

I feel the same way you do about the lines appeal. I picked up the turtles because i like how they and their weapons look, but aside from them i dont see myself picking up their kid friend, his robot, or many of their friends and foes that should come out. They dont strike me as being must haves.

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I saw a bunch of Movie figures at Target the other day, the figures are $2 more there than regular line, the turtles they only seemed to have in the boxed sets and looked like they were using the regular bodies from the beginning of the modern line. They had some basics including the awful Casey Jones figure, noticably taller than previous incarnations, my guess is these are scaled up from the other line.

kool-aid killer
01-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Ive seen them too the past couple of times ive been at Targets. I plan on buying the turtles, but beyond that i dont know how much more, if any at all, i'll pick up beyond that.

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw the basic figure turtles, they look bigger to the scale of the other figures, so I guess that theory is out the window. I don't like the eyes on these things or the bold colors, so I doubt I'll bother with this line.

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I bought the Leo today, just because he is my favorite of the 4. Not a bad figure....not a great one either, but still I've seen alot worse so its cool.

JediTricks
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Anything superior in the articulation department to previous modern incarnations?

JetsAndHeels
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Anything superior in the articulation department to previous modern incarnations?

No, not at all.

El Chuxter
01-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I keep seeing one turtle with a wheel in his chest.

Nice to see Playmates still loves its stupid gimmicks.

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Nice to see Playmates still loves its stupid gimmicks.

Yeah those are the deluxe ones, stay very clear of those.
The basic ones look decent, that's why I picked up Leo. I didn't think the Splinter figure looked that bad either.

JediTricks
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the info on the turtles. I took another look and saw upper-bicep rotation which is new, as well as hinged elbows and a lower (so likely better) hip joint, but they took out the ankles which stinks. I dunno, I'm still a little gunshy about these.

Nice to see Playmates still loves its stupid gimmicks.No kidding! And the real kicker is that the figure is supposed to be riding a skateboard-type vehicle belly-down in that toy, so they could have put the gimmick in the board instead of the figure!

I saw the movie's vehicle, a yellow van with a turtle head on top, it's like a VW microbus though, not very Turtles.

JetsAndHeels
01-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Ok I opened up my Leo today and then went and bought Raph...JT you asked about the articulation on them, and they are actually pretty well done. They can finally bend they're elbows, as well as they're knees. They're more poseable than before.

JediTricks
01-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info. What about the hips? That's where Playmates has NEVER gotten it right, so I'd be impressed if these guys could do much with them.

Since you got Raph, I have a specific question to him... can his sais actually fit in his belt without getting in the way of his arms? I cannot think of a single Raph figure that was able to do this, I wish they'd just put the notches for them in the front and stop trying, but if they got it right finally...

JetsAndHeels
01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
JT, I haven't opened Raph yet but I will soon and I will be sure to get that info to you.

As far as the hips, they are balljointed at the top of the legs so they move a little bit better. I like the way these are more poseable than previous figures.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 05:22 AM
I found a review of one of the figures, said there was more hip movement but the photos didn't show any, so it's hard to judge based on that. I remember when the modern turtles first came out a few years ago, I gave praise to the hip articulation there, oh what a fool I was!

JetsAndHeels
01-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I picked up the Foot Ninja today..hes pretty cool and has some nice accessories. Good articulation too for a bad guy.

figrin bran
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Is the armor on the turtles in the movie 2 packs removable? i was debating between getting those or the single carded versions.

BountyHunterScum
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I got movie Karai a couple of weeks ago when the second wave came out. Then a week ago or so I bought tv show Karai.

kool-aid killer
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Is the armor on the turtles in the movie 2 packs removable? i was debating between getting those or the single carded versions.

Yes indeed. Its only a front plate of armor that attaches at the neck. I believe the figures are actually the same mold as the single carded ones too. But with heads that have different facial expressions.

JetsAndHeels
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
The best of the 2 packs is the Mikey set...the regular mikey (single fig) has a facial expression that looks like he is constipated. I got the 2 pack instead bc at least there he looks regular. :)

Also the Nightwatcher w/motorcycle set is a great piece. The helmet is removable and the bike comes with some cool accessories.

I have all the basic figs and the 2 packs and the nightwatcher set. Now I am just waiting for the rest of the next wave to come out.

figrin bran
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
thanks for the input guys. that facial expression on mike doesn't work for me either so i'll get him via 2 pack and the rest via singles. i think i'll also get april and karai and the nightwatcher set.

that winter's tower vortex playset looks like it might be a great way to display all the figures so i might be tempted to get that as well.

JetsAndHeels
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I picked up an extra Max Winters today to open. Its not the best figure in the world but it definately is a cool looking one...this one is meant to have the helmet on, since Winters looks a bit constipated in his facial expression. I had to set him up where I could lean him up against something..he is a bit top heavy and he kept wanting to fall over.

JetsAndHeels
04-07-2007, 12:41 PM
FB, this post is for you!!

Since I own all the basic figures and the 2 packs, let me just tell you the best figures for your buck.

All 4 of the basic turtles have pretty good articulation. Its nothing spectacular but you get the standard arm, elbow, wrist, knee, leg, and neck joints. They can pretty much pose into any stance you want but you will need to have something to prop them up against bc they can tend to get topheavy.
My favorite of the 4 is Leo, just because well he is my fav of the turtles. :)

Splinter comes with some cool accessories and has great detail and sculpt. You gotta have him.

The Casey and April figures aren't too exciting. They have the standard joints for movement but they don't do much other than that. They are nice to look at, but not much other than that.

The foot ninja is a great figure. He has cool accessories and plenty of articulation. I bought about 8 of these guys to have around Karai and for my turtles to fight. These are a good bet to buy.

Karai and Max Winters are good, but like April and Casey they don't do much as far as articulation. Karai has the interchangeable head and cool weapons while Max Winters just has the helmet and big sword. Nice figures to display but don't expect much more.

Vampire Succombor and the Jersey Devil/Spider Arachnor figures are good just bc they are bad monsters and fun to play with!! I recommend them both because they are just cool. :)

I also recommend the Nightwatcher set and all the 2 packs. Great figures with cool accessories (especially the Nightwatcher with his motorcycle).

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for your opinions J&H! :thumbsup:

i haven't bought any TMNT toys since Paleo Patrol but today i got Leo, Don, Mikey 2 pack since Mikey single was too goofy looking, even for him, April and Karai. I couldn't find any Raphs, Caseys or Foot Ninjas at all. i guess people army build the latter? the 2 TRU's that i visited had virtually no movie toys while Target only had pegwarmers.

i'm planning on getting the Nightwatcher set as well as Cowabunga Carl's van. i do like how the Generals look but i'm not sure i want to shell out (ha! pun intended) for all the 2 packs.

JetsAndHeels
04-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Definately get the Nightwatcher w/bike set, FB. The bike is cool and all but the figure is what makes the set. You have the good sculpt, pretty good articulation (he has to ride that bike after all), and cool weapons plus a removeable helmet.

figrin bran
04-11-2007, 01:10 AM
I took your recommendation J&H and picked up the Nightwatcher set (since i had a Target giftcard, i also picked up the Cowabunga Carl's Party Van - i'll comment on that one another time).

The figure does indeed have an excellent sculpt and as good articulation as the other turtle figures. I'm glad Playmates didn't take the el cheapo hasbro way out and made Nightwatcher a static rider with no articulation. The only thing i don't like is that the helmet doesn't entirely cover the neck. You can still see a bit of green when you look at sideways. Then again I'm used to helmets not entirely covering up heads from the ROTS clone figures.

I wish we could've seen more Nightwatcher scenes in the film and I wish he didn't get such a bad rap from Leo and Splinter. So what if he was a bit vigilante-ish? at least he wasn't just sitting on his shell.

kool-aid killer
04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
I thought it was odd that no one (or at least Donatello and/or April, perhaps Splinter too) figured Raph was him.

El Chuxter
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure Splinter didn't know. He's the sort who would leave it up to the others to figure out.

It was a bit surprising that Leo didn't figure it out earlier. Especially given the fighting style. The Foot style is apparently so distinctive that Shredder identified the Turtles' using it from descriptions alone.

figrin bran
04-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Are any of you seeing the Movie 10 pack of 3" figures in the stores? It seems like the supply has dried up and they're nowhere to be found.

kool-aid killer
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I only ever seen them at TRUs. Last time i went to one (last week) there werent any around. Do you want help finding one?

figrin bran
04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I've only seen them at TRU's as well. I'd like to see them in person before making up my mind on whether to get them so I guess i don't really need help finding it at this point.

figrin bran
05-13-2007, 12:25 AM
The Movie Tower playset was on clearance at Target for only $7.48 so i figured what the heck why not pick one up.

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
The Movie Tower playset was on clearance at Target for only $7.48 so i figured what the heck why not pick one up.

Nice....let me know how it is.

figrin bran
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
i spotted a new Mikey Rider set at Target the other day. it's in the same packaging as the Nightwatcher set and the motorcycle is a Cowabunga Carl one.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the tip, FB. These are supposed to also be in a new wave with more basic figures. A new Raph, don, leo, mike, and shredder.

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the tip, FB. These are supposed to also be in a new wave with more basic figures. A new Raph, don, leo, mike, and shredder.

hmmm...didn't see any new basic figures though. i'll be on the lookout for them though

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2007, 11:33 PM
They are such a happy family!!

figrin bran
06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Heels, i saw a Donatello Stunt Rider set today so that is out as well. same old basic figures though.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Heels, i saw a Donatello Stunt Rider set today so that is out as well. same old basic figures though.

Thanks for the tip..I imagine it may be a few weeks here before we see that stuff in the east. You west coast guys always get stuff first.