PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT figures out!

Pages : [1] 2

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Greetings to one and all! as usual, spun by the toy department after work tonight and scored the 4 heroes in a half shell. No sign of shredder or Foot soldier. They look awesome!! :D

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 05:18 AM
Have you popped them open? Are they any good? I was totally jazzed when I saw the prototype pic, but when the production pics hit, I wasn't as excited. Clearly, the production ones were superior to the classic Playmates figs, but they just weren't as true to the source material as the prototype.

I'll probably buy all 4 turtles and Shredder (this Shredder fig actually looks better than the original Shredder fig from back in the day from what I've seen) but I doubt I'll go beyond that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Nah, sorry, i'm one of them crazy collectors who keeps stuff in the box. You wouldn't happen to have any idea as to how many figures they're releasing for this series, would you?? cheers! :D

Beast
12-24-2002, 03:29 PM
JMG, according to Playmates Toys, there will be new figures in April. And judging by the cartoon charecters, I'm going to expect Baxter Stockman, April O' Neil, Casey Jones, and a Utrom (Krang's Race) Alien as most likely for the next assortment.

Let me toss up a link to the offical TMNT site and to Playmates TMNT site, for anyone that wants more info. Nice to see that they also decided to make Baxter black, like the original comic charecter. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/sneakpeek.html
http://www.playmatestoys.com/html/turtles_main.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-24-2002, 04:00 PM
I did some digging, here's what the line up looks like. Note that April O' Neil seems to have been pushed back into Asst. 2. Suprising to not see Baxter or a Utrom listed, though the "Mutant" could be a Utrom. They seem to be downplaying the fact that they appear in the series.

Series 1:
Leonardo, Donatello, Rapheal, Michaelangelo, Splinter, Shredder, April O'Neil, Foot Soldier

Series 2:
Leonardo II, Donatello II, Rapheal II, Michaelangelo II, Casey Jones, Foot Elite, Triceraton, Mutant

I did a bit more digging and found another list at ADC, that seems to match on some things and not on others. Also, over at American Dream Comics they are saying that there will be a $50.00 Sewer playset with Exclusive Splinter figure. Let me post up the relevent pieces from it and a link.

After that you can look for a second series of 5" figures to include April, Casey Jones and a brand new character who goes by the name Drakk, Shreder's second in command. The third wave of figures is tentativly scheduled to include 2nd versions of the Turtles a Foot Tech Ninja and the Manotech Monster who will be another new character.

After that we can expect to a Foot Ninja Hover Jet and a Turtle Lair Playset that will be out later in the year and retail for around $50.00. We are told this thing will features lots of electronic lights and sounds, spring loaded weapons, trap doors and hand operated features. It is also slated to include a exclusive Splinter figure.

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=770&catid=20

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Muchas gracias for the links JJB!!!! I browsed around that playmates site and whatnot. I just wanna know if they're going to keep the line small like previously planned. According to an issue of Toyfare (insert toyfare hate comment now if you must) it said the original plan was only for 16 figures, but if they're going to push it further and make new versions of the Turtles, i'll pass. I can't afford these, Star Wars and LOTR!!! We'll see! cheers!! :D

Beast
12-24-2002, 06:52 PM
I don't see the line being huge, so 16 sounds about right for the first year of toys. Two versions of the turtles are ok, as long as they don't go "He-Man" on them and include them in every assortment. Not sure what the second versions will be. Not sure if they had the old "Trenchcoat and Hat" disguises in the old Mirage Comics Series that the new cartoon is based on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gsr-jedi
12-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Where did you find these at?

There's a new TMNT cartoon? Is it on Cartoon Network?

Why am I just hearing about this now? (Rhetorical)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-25-2002, 07:07 PM
I found the figures @Wal-mart supercenter, sidney, OH.

New cartoon debuts in february on FOX Kids.

:D

Stikman
12-25-2002, 08:34 PM
I got Mike and Leo for Xmas. They're really cool. The articulation isn't too much better than the original turtles though. The arms are better (ball jointed and elbow & wrist articulation) but the legs are almost the same. These new ones about a half an inch taller. The head sculpts are fantastic. The masks are separate non-removable plastic. It looks lik you can take them off if you try but I doubt they'd look right if you did. The front of the shells (chests?) are made of soft plastic. It's cool. Feels like padding. Some folks like to complain that the flaps of the bandanas are blowing in the wind while the belts are not. The way my wife put it, it looks like the belts are made of heavy leather so they wouldn't blow around in the wind as much as the softer, lighter cloth bandana flaps would. So to sum up: Great figures. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is that Mikes right arm won't go all the way down. It's a bit of an odd "at rest" pose for him. Both Leo's arms go down nicely. I like to have my figures at rest on the shelf. Maybe it's just me though. Other than that, I really like the new line. Hm..perhaps I should have put this in the review section...Meditate on this, I will.

Jayspawn
12-26-2002, 11:58 AM
How much do the new figures cost?

I hope they make Krang! I'm a big fan of his.

Beast
12-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Jayspawn, I think they are like $5.86 or so at Wal-Mart from what I read elsewhere. Pretty good price, if you ask me.

As for Krang, I don't think that he will show up. The new cartoon is based on the original Mirage comics series. So there are a few things that were changed for the Archie comics and the old cartoon series. Sadly that included probably not seeing Rocksteady and Bebop either. :( Here's a few examples. :)

Splinter - Just like in the first live action movie, Splinter is not Hamato Yoshi. He was a regular rat that was the pet of Hamato Yoshi.

Baxter Stockman - Black scientist that invented the Mousers. He never was mutated into a giant fly in the original comics. He did later in the series build a giant robotic body and transfer his brain into it.

April O' Neil - Baxter Stockman's assistant. She discovered his plans for using the mouser robots to rob banks. Baxter turned the Mousers on her, and she fled into the sewers where the Turtles saved her.

Utrom Aliens - The aliens that Krang was later based on. They were actually the good guys. They had crashed on Earth a long time ago, and had to wait for science to get advanced enough that they could escape. They were trasporting the waste from one of their experiments, when they swerved to miss somthing. One of the containers of ooze flew off the truck, struck a blind lawyer in the head, and then went into the sewers.

Leatherhead - Actually was a good guy. He was a regular aligator that the Utroms had found and decided to keep as a pet. He later was accidentally mutated. When the Utroms blew up the building that was hiding their secret lab, he was homeless. The turtles took him in and he occassionally helps them.

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/muses/353/tmntdict.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Stikman
12-26-2002, 08:25 PM
And that's the good version of the Turtles. I hope the cartoon is good. The new comic is really good. Back to basics.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2002, 11:04 PM
See, i never got into the comics, but i'm aware they are hella darker. Does the new series kinda start over or??!?!?

Are there any kinda books that have like issues 1-whatever in them? I know like ultimate spider-man has some annuals with issues 1-8 or 8-16 in them, just curious. Thanks! :D

Stikman
12-26-2002, 11:36 PM
They didn't start over. They picked up where they left off years ago. And they've ignored the crap that Image did. They're up to about issue 6 now. It's back to black and white too. Some folks don't like that. They haven't collected them into a paperback yet and probably won't for a while. Indie books usually don't do that as often as the big companies.

Beast
01-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Splinter, Shredder, and the Foot Soldier are showing up now also. I'm not sure if they are shipping the turtles in their own seperate case, or just that the first cases didn't contain any of the other charecters.

I think it's most likely that they are shipping the turtles seperatly at the start. Since there are four of them, it would be most important to have more of them packed to a case at the very start. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gsr-jedi
01-01-2003, 01:55 PM
I found Don, Leo, Raph, Mike, Splinter, & a Foot Soldier Monday at a Target; they didn't have Shredder. These look so cool. At Target, they were $6.99 each :cry:

Prince Xizor
01-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I found the same thing as gsr. The 4 turtles, Splinter, and a member of "The Foot". I only had enough cash to pick up the best turtle, Donnie. I plan on going back and getting the rest of them though.

And I can't wait until a Casey Jones figure pops up. He is by far the best character in the Turtles Franchise.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I ended up taking my 4 turtles back. I can't afford to collect everything!!! I have all the original TMNT figures from my childhood, so i'll be content with those classic pieces. :D

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Jar Jar, thanks for all the links.

I was very dubious about the new Turtles stuff. I was a big fan of the original Mirage comics, and to a lesser degree the cartoon (it was just cool to see these guys on TV, even if they did goof them up alot).

Unfortunately, any subsequent Turtles stuff (merchandise etc)was based on the cartoon, whereas I was a fan of the original comic. I liked the first movie where they threw in alot of the stuff the comic fans would appreciate. The first film was almost a condensation of the first twelve comics.

Images of the new figs had me thinking the goofy turtles had returned, but reading through the TMNT website, it looks like the new cartoon is going to be far more like the original comics. I like the serialisation approach, and hope the show is accessible to older audiences like Batman the animated series.

The new comic hasn't won me yet though. It'd be funny if I ended up like the new cartoon over the comic. Time will tell.

gsr-jedi
01-04-2003, 03:37 AM
I found Shredder today at a Target. I'm thinking he might be the hardest one to find. This Target yesterday, didn't have any TMNT toys and today they did, they had a couple of each, but only one of Shredder.

OzOtter
01-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen these yet. I imagine they should be at TRU. Anyone else seen 'em there?

Eternal Padawan
01-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Bleah. I was excited when I first heard about these. then I saw pics online and my excitement wavered slightly, but when I finally saw them at the WM I just couldn't get excited enough to buy them.

I can't even bring myself to get the four turtles just to have them. They just aren't that cool. :(

Jayspawn
01-10-2003, 12:09 PM
I believe it's just Targets and Wal-Marts that are getting the figures now. I'd get them if there wern't soo many new figures out right now.

ConvergeDW
01-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I just saw all 7 at Gamestop in NYC for 7.99 a piece.

JangoFeet
01-12-2003, 12:17 AM
I picked up Raph, Don, Mike and Splinter at Target tonight. They had 3 or 4 of each Turtle, and 1 Splinter (that I hadda hide till I could come back after my shift!). There were no Leos, which ****** me off, since he was my first one I got when I was 5. Also no Foot Solider or Shredder.
:(

kool-aid killer
01-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I got Splinter last night at a Walmart. I plan on getting Mike, Leo, Raph, and Don later but after that i might be done with this line. These were my favorite toys as a kid but i dont think i will be able to afford collecting them, Star Wars, and LOTR.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Kool-aid killer- that was my dilemma. I already collect, SW, LOTR and Simpsons and that's plenty. I'm happy with the memories my old TMNT figures provided for me :D

OzOtter
01-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Gah, I can't get to a Walmart or a Target! Why can't toystores get toys?

Prince Xizor
01-13-2003, 05:29 PM
I saw all of them at a KB near me, except for Shredder. They guy working told me they only got one Shredder in, but they had like 2 or 3 of everything else.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I just saw these at Target yesterday. They're awesome! I noticed they updated/rehashed some of the old accessories (Splinter's Bow and Arrow can actually move:D). I would have gotten them, but they were at $6.99. :eek: Instead I bought the Endor Victory Accessory Pack.

Beast
01-15-2003, 09:03 PM
My brother snagged me Splinter, Shredder, and a Foot Soldier the other day from Wal-Mart. Decided to wait on the Turtles, since they arn't short packed and are pretty easy to find. I'll toss a quick review of them up. :)

Splinter - My favorite old TMNT charecter. I do like the redesign of the charecter, but I think I prefer the old incarnation. It just looked more wise and ratish. Nicely articulated, with ball-jointed arms and legs. As well as articulated wrists. The head can't move much though, but not a huge complaint. I don't care as much for his outfit. I still prefer the burlap type one on the movie Splinter. Or even the red robes from the original cartoon version. The cane-sword and bow and quiver is a nice throwback to the old Splinter. I like the firing feature on the bow, just somthing fun to mess with. Hope the Splinter in the upcoming Sewer Playset is even better. :)

Shredder - I'm torn a bit on the redesign of old Shred-head. I do like his armor and helmet looking more like the old Mirage comic, and the movie version of Shredder. The fact his face beneath the mask is blacked out completly, and has glowing red eyes, I don't like. Nice articulation though, ball-jointed arms and legs. He also has a cut joint on his right elbow, and wrists. Standard waist articulation. Just found out, his head was just stuck. It does turn freely. I like the inclusion of the two swords, and the large bladed weapon as well. I hope they do a unarmored Oroku Saki from the cartoon, or atleast a less robotic looking Shredder. :)

Foot Soldier - I like the redesign of these guys. More like the original comics and the movies. Now they are humans again, so no more silly robot stuff, like the animated version of TMNT. Nice detailing on the figure, frankly even better then Shredder. The articulation is great as well. Ball-jointed arms and legs. And cut joints at both elbows, and articulated wrists. Basic waist articulation, but again the head doesn't really turn well, because they connected the neck inside the torso. The swords are cool as hell, better then Shredder's. And I really love the crossbow that comes with him, the firing feature is cool as hell. Can't wait for the upcoming Foot Tech figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
01-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Stopped by Walmart today and got a big surprise. They were putting out the first case of the new figs as I arrived! I managed to grab a Splinter, Foot Soldier, and the almight rare Shredder. While there was 3 of each turtle, 2 Splinters, 2 Foot Soldiers, there was only 1 Shredder. I don't plan on opening him, but he does look super awesome. (This is the only line I own that I am not going to open. I have all the origional turtles, and I don't see a significant enough differance to warrent opening these. But I will buy 2 Casey Jones, I need to open him.)

And by the way, Walmart has the figures for the cheapest price I have seen. They are $6.99 at both KB and Target, but Walmart has them for like $5.88. Good Deal.:D

Beast
01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the case breakdown, Prince Xixor. Explains a lot of people not being able to find Shredder. Atleast they packed the Foot Soldiers at 2-per case for the army builders. But they really should have dropped an extra set of Turtles out, and thrown in 2 more Shredder's, 1 more Foot Soldier, and 1 more Splinter. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Ahhhhhh those sound quite cool, I've got the Movie Star figures, I think they're called that anyways (the figures that have the movie likeness).
I think those are the best Turtle figures but that's only because I prefer the movie to the cartoon :D
Do any of you have the Movie Star figures?

Prince Xizor
01-17-2003, 12:03 PM
I don't know if I have Movie Star Turtles, but I do have Super Shredder, Toka, and Razar from the movies.

And here is a question for all. What turtle do you think sells the best? I was thinking about it earlier, and I really have no idea. If I had to guess, it would be Leo, and just because he is the supposed "leader".

kool-aid killer
01-17-2003, 12:25 PM
I think the best selling turtle would have to be Mikey just because he was the funny one. My personal favorite was Raph but i think either him or Don would come in last in a popularity vote.

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
I don't know if I have Movie Star Turtles, but I do have Super Shredder, Toka, and Razar from the movies.

Here are the links:

Movie Star Donatello (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1991/msdon.htm)

Movie Star Leonardo (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1991/msleo.htm)

Movie Star Michaelangelo (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1991/msmike.htm)

Movie Star Raphael (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1991/msraph.htm)

Originally posted by Prince Xizor
And here is a question for all. What turtle do you think sells the best? I was thinking about it earlier, and I really have no idea. If I had to guess, it would be Leo, and just because he is the supposed "leader".

I'd think it would be Michaelangelo because of his Nunchuka's and he's the funny one too... then again, if you're gonna buy Turtle figures, you buy em all! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2003, 01:33 PM
I never liked those movie star turtles, even as a kid. I did like the figures that were released around movie time that had the Turtle like skin, those were crazy.

I still remember when i was hunting for that cursed Super-Shredder figure. My mom and i went to Childrens Palace (so so long ago) and she had told me they were out, but she really had one hold for me. I was so giddy that day. Ah, memories (sigh) :D

Prince Xizor
01-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
I think the best selling turtle would have to be Mikey just because he was the funny one. My personal favorite was Raph but i think either him or Don would come in last in a popularity vote.

Poor Don. He is by far the coolest turtle, and he gets no love.

Beast
01-22-2003, 05:15 AM
A picture popped up of the upcoming Sewer Lair Playset that I mentioned a while back. It's supposed to be around $40.00-$50.00 and come with an exclusive Splinter. I wish he would have included a Turtle in the picture, so we could judge scale a bit better. He does say it looks like it will fit the four turtles and splinter, even closed. So it should be pretty big. It does look very cool. Hope the Splinter is even better then the basic one. :)

Okay, I'm even more pumped now. Yesterday (1/17/2003) I had a creative meeting with Lloyd Goldfine from 4Kids, Vinnie Dalleva from Playmates Toys, and Gary Richardson from Mirage, where we discussed the second season (!) of the TMNT show. During that meeting, I saw the prototype for the new TMNT sewer lair playset that Vinnie brought with him. It's going to be BIG and VERY cool, with lots of action features -- it will also fold up into a sturdy boxlike carrier (you could probably fit at least the four Turtles and Splinter in there). Here's a digital photo I took of the prototype:

http://www.planetracers.com/blast/blast66.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
01-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Depending on how accurate it is to the new TV show, I might get it. I just wish it came with a new figure other than Splinter. (Psst...Casey Jones).

And damn, those turtles have one hell of a entertainment center.

Beast
01-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Probably pretty accurate, looking at the lair design images for the new show. I don't mind a new Splinter, hopefully improved over the basic carded version. One that could sit in a meditating pose, I'd like a lot. :)

As for Casey Jones, he'll be out in April with Asst. 2 of the figures. So he's on the way. Hopefully the figure ends up looking good. I'm a bit worried about April O'Neil as well. Human figures usually get the shaft in cartoon lines. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Eh, i don't think that sewer playset holds a candle to the old one we all know and love. That thing had not only a sewer playset, but alot more of a street above to have battles on. Let's not forget that sweet swinging line thing from the poles!!!! :D

Xizor- i was thinking that too. Is that a foosball or pinball table over there on the left? How can the turtles afford that huge of an entertainment center AND a table???? They don't have jobs nor money!! I think they put their skills of stealth to use by robbing some local business. :crazed:

Prince Xizor
01-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Probably pretty accurate, looking at the lair design images for the new show. I don't mind a new Splinter, hopefully improved over the basic carded version. One that could sit in a meditating pose, I'd like a lot. :)

As for Casey Jones, he'll be out in April with Asst. 2 of the figures. So he's on the way. Hopefully the figure ends up looking good. I'm a bit worried about April O'Neil as well. Human figures usually get the shaft in cartoon lines. :)

I know they are making a new Casey, but I just want him now.

And yeah, human figures usually bite, they always end up looking too fat or too short, or just wide. Although none of the figures in this line so far have those problems, so I do have some faith in Playmates.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-22-2003, 06:38 PM
I couldn't help it anymore- I bought Mike despite being $6.99, since there were no new SW figs at the TRU I was at. HE IS AWESOME! Took me a while to figure out how to use his line. I began to feel nostalgic playing with it.

OzOtter
01-22-2003, 06:50 PM
I picked up Raph, which I like. But I decided not to get any of the others since his posability in terms of legs, and therefore stance, was pretty limited.

But now reading all this I want to get them all!

JediTricks
01-23-2003, 04:42 AM
I saw Splinter and the 2 role-play weapons(Leo's katana and Mike's bo) and the 12" turtles (again!) today and I kinda felt let down because they seemed like Playmates could have done better from packaging to product across the board; oh, except Splinter had some good accessories. This wasn't the note I was expecting the line to start on; I hope I just found the weak items, but even the packaging just felt like Playmates no longer had a clue of how to do it anymore.

The playset there looks kinda cool if a little cramped, but not much like a sewer. :D

Beast
01-23-2003, 04:52 AM
The packaging and the figures are pretty good. I actually like the different cardbacks for each turtles and then the generic for the other charecters. Easier to find exactly what you're looking for.

And sadly I do have to somewhat agree about Splinter. I was hoping he would look a bit better. He is my favorite charecter after all. *Points to the Avatar* So hopefully the one in the playset is even better. :)

Well, it's like the second Turtles movie apperantly. I think they are living in an abandoned subway station. Looks ok to me. I'll make a final decision when we see it at Toy Fair. And then a revised opinion, when I see it on the shelf. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
01-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah, a friend of mine came over yesterday and the first thing he said when he saw the new turtles figures was "Wow, Splinter sucks.". I guess that's why they are doing a new version of him for the playset. Maybe they know he kinda sucks.

JediTricks
01-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Er... I meant "Don's Bo". That's what happens when you post at 2 in the morning after dealing with all the horse flop of some forum issue that folks won't stop talking about. :D

Beast
01-29-2003, 03:05 AM
American Dream Comics, has updated pictures and info about the Sewer Lair Playset. It's going to still have lights, sounds, and features. But the exclusive Splinter pack-in has been dropped. Oh well, I'm sure we'll see another carded Splinter at some point. Here's a link to check out the pictures. :)

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=961&catid=20

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-30-2003, 09:45 PM
I finally saw ALL the figures tonight, as well as the 2 smaller vehicles. At TRU's price of $7 each, I just couldn't be tempted to give up my money for these, though most did impress me. Splinter is still the lone crappy figure in this line though, Shredder is my favorite though the Foot Soldier is pretty cool too.

kool-aid killer
02-01-2003, 11:15 AM
I was looking through some toy magazine and i saw photos of two three packs with two turtles and one villain (shredder or a foot soldier) in them. Anybody know anything about when they will ship and for how much?

Beast
02-06-2003, 06:48 PM
The newest issue of Tomart's has pictures of the prototype April O'Neil, Casey Jones, and Hun (Shredder's Right Hand Man). I'm scouring the net for pics, but I thought I'd get the word out here incase anyone locates a copy and can scan and post before I find them. :)

The article in the magazine says that Casey Jones will come with his sport weapons, and a removable mask. Apperantly the face sculpt is really nice as well. Sounds cool. Hopefully he'll come with his golf bag, like the old figure. :)

April's posed in the same stance and has the same facial expression as the charecter design art from the official site. I'll toss a link at the end of the post so you know what she'll sort of look like. It says that she comes with 2 mousers. :cool: :)

Hun is huge, they said that it looks like he'll be bigger then Shredder. I guess not really taller, but wider then Shredder. I'll link to the design sketches for him as well, so you know who I'm talking about. :)

There won't be new versions of the Turtles until Asst. 3. They'll be "Extreme Sports Turtles", which supposedly are more articulated versions of the Turtles with their gear from the opening of the show. Skateboard, rollerblades, etc.

Asst. 3 will also contain a Nanotech Monster, and it has a picture of the monster from the show. They say it looks machine like and has various scream-like faces rotating on it's head. And a Foot Tech Ninja, which the article says has the ability to turn invisible. No clue if they are talking about the cartoon for them, or if they made him like the disapeering Invisible Woman figure from a few years ago. :confused: :)

Apperantly Asst. 4 may contain Baxter Stockman and Oroku Saki, but again I haven't seen the article myself. So I don't know if that is the toy makers saying it, or Tomart's guessing. Makes sense though, since both those will be likely wanted once the series premiers. :)

Casey Jones - Charecter Designs (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/2003/casey.html)
April O'Neil - Charecter Designs (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/2003/april.html)
Hun - Charecter Designs (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/2003/hun.html)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
02-06-2003, 08:22 PM
So far the new figures for the new T.V. show look quite impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing a few characters from the TMNT Archie Comics being made sometime in the near future though, such as Famine, Pestilence, War, and Death (http://www.planetracers.com/blast/blast44.html) just to name a few.

James Boba Fettfield
02-07-2003, 01:15 AM
Dude, those comics were so dark compared to the television show. What with stuff about Hitler's brain, the Apocalypse, and all the death. Great series of comics.

OzOtter
02-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Does anyone else feel that the new figures are a little too 'cartoonish' a representation of the characters? It seems to me that they are trying to push this leaner, darker, gritier version of the turtles, yet the figs are still... I don't know, cartoony.

For starters the scale seems to be out of whack. Shouldn't the turtles be obviously shorter than the human characters. And aren't their bodies supposed to be capable of feats of strength and agility.

I'm hoping that they bring some of that "realism" into the toys as the line progresses. I'd like a set of figures that look good when all stood together. With scale and proportion being a priority.

Beast
02-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by OzOtter
Does anyone else feel that the new figures are a little too 'cartoonish' a representation of the characters? It seems to me that they are trying to push this leaner, darker, gritier version of the turtles, yet the figs are still... I don't know, cartoony.

For starters the scale seems to be out of whack. Shouldn't the turtles be obviously shorter than the human characters. And aren't their bodies supposed to be capable of feats of strength and agility.

I'm hoping that they bring some of that "realism" into the toys as the line progresses. I'd like a set of figures that look good when all stood together. With scale and proportion being a priority.
Well, they are based on the new cartoon. Which while it's leaner, darker, and gritier, is still a cartoon. True, they do look cartoony, but I think it works ok for the toys.

As for the scale issues, have you stood the Turtle figures next to Shredder? They are almost an inch shorter, so the scale seems about right. I'll stick that scale comparison picture I found earlier up, so you can check it out. :)

I picked up the Tomart's today, sadly I don't have a scanner. The Casey, April, and Hun figures look good. April has kinda a wide stance, but not that horrible. I wish they were painted, hard to tell how cool they will be without paint. I'll post more info later, and I'm still looking for pictures online of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Here's some info from Tomart's, about the next versions of the Turtles themselves that will ship in Asst. 3 with the Nanotech Monster and Invisible Foot Tech Ninja. So it sounds like the figure may be cast in clear plastic. :)

They will be called "Extreme Sports" Turtles. Leonardo will come with a "tricked out" scooter, Rapheal will come with retractable inline skates, Mikey will come with his trademark skateboard, and Don will come with a folding BMX bike. It says that the outfits for all four will be mindblowing. I sense a resurgance of Tie-dyed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Those extreme sports figures take me back to my childhood turtle toys. There was the armed forces series, the athlete series, birthday series, the monster series, the second monster series, the troll series, etc. I have my 5th Anniversary of the Playmates toy line gold Leonardo trophy on display in my bedroom, because I still love the Turtles. I wish I was 4 again.

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the scale pics JarJar. I based my comment on comparisson of a Turtle and a Foot soldier in their packaging in store, as I hadn't purchased a human character yet.

I couldn't compare them to Shreeder 'cause I haven't found one yet. :(

Yesterday I picked up the other Turtles and 3 Raphs and made my original Mirage set, all with red bandanas. Sure all their heads are the same, but when posed in differenways they look different enough, only "Donny" can't hold his bo with two hands.

Since the cartoon seems to be heading the direction of the original Mirage comic series I have decided to pick up all the characters that resemble the comic's characters (I was originally just going to get Raph and Casey). So I am very glad to hear about the Triceratons! Hope they make 'em big! Fingers crossed for a Leatherhead, and would love to see a Dooney-esque Complete Carnage and Radical, but I won't hold my breath.

Beast
02-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Figures.com has images up from the Toy Fair, of April O'Neil, Hun, and Casey Jones. I'll attach the best one of each here, since their site is being hammered right now. :)

First up is April O'Neil, who is looking very cool. The prototype didn't look anywhere near as good. She comes with 2 mousers, and what looks like to be a peice of iron pipe to fight them off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Here's Shredder's right hand man, Hun. He does look pretty beefy looking, though a decent size comparison picture would be nice. Plus his cool tatoos are on the arm, that's facing away from camera. He appears to come with some sort of dragon arm armor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-13-2003, 09:10 PM
And finally, Casey Jones. He's much better looking then the prototype that was pictured in Tomart's that came out recently. Comes with his trademark golfbag, hockey stick, and baseball bat. The mask is also removable. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-13-2003, 09:21 PM
except for the basic turtles I like all the vintage versions of the characters a lot more (especially Casey Jones)
BTW, how big are they compared to the old versions, anybody know?

kool-aid killer
02-13-2003, 09:24 PM
thanks for the pictures jjb. i originally said that i would just collect the four turtles and ones that i thought looked cool but after seeing these guys i might just have to make add turtles to the figures i collect. im very eager to see how this line goes.

Beast
02-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I forget what they said about the scale differences. I believe that they are an inch or so bigger then the classic/vintage turtles. The scale on the new ones is better though, as the turtles are shorter then Shredder and the Foot Soldier. :)

Oh, I finally found the pictures from Tomart's uploaded on line, but the finished painted versions are superior so I'm not going to bother uploading them. Here is the picture of Oroku Saki and the Nanotech Monster from the issue though.

The Nanotech Monster will appear as a figure in the 3rd Asst. along with the Invisable Foot Tech Ninjas and the Extreme Sports Turtles. Oroku Saki isn't coming yet, though I wouldn't be suprised if he was going to be released next year. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Here's a better picture of April O' Neil. The original version was terribly washed out and you couldn't get a proper idea of the colors. Plus you can see that the Mousers have a little light painted on their heads. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Man it is extremely hard not to pick up the new turtles.. but must... save... at least a little money... :(

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Finally picked up some of the figs, Leo and Shredder, as well as the Sewer Slider vehicle at TRU who lowered the price to $5.99. 2 figs with a bunch of accessories plus a rather sizeable vehicle all for under $25 with tax made for a pretty cool purchase.

The leg articulation situation on Leo sucks pretty bad, as does the flimsy materials of the accessories (and I hate the turtles' throwing stars, Shredders are way better), but other than that this line kicks monster behind so far.

The smirky smile on Leo's face is very cool, his shoulder, arm and wrist articulation makes for a lot of cool poses, and his removable sheaths allows him to sit in the vehicle without taking off his belt.

Shredder is awesome, this is waaaaaay better than the original Playmates '88 one. All his accessories are very cool, but it's his armor that really deserves the "cool factor" credit here, he looks bad-arse. His articulation is pretty good as well thanks to ball-jointed hips that aren't restricted.

The paint on this line, both figures and vehicle, really step it up a notch for me, they're nice work and aren't afraid to use darker tones.

Saw the role-play Leo's Katana on the loose too, if I was a kid again that'd be a really awesome toy... except Leo carries two katanas and the package has only 1. :D

Casey and the Hun look really cool, I'll definitely be tempted to buy them when the time comes. I can't say the same for April, I guess back-in-the-day Playmates and the old cartoon warped my mind because she ain't April O'Neil without a yellow jumpsuit to me. :D The foot soldier's hover bike looks like another awesome vehicle, at $10 I can't say no. I wish we could see what's going on with the other vehicles though, the packaging and proto pics keep the bike and the humvee kinda in the dark as to what the features look like and how the interior of the latter looks.

Oh, and I still don't love the packaging on this line, but it served its purpose. :D

Beast
02-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but JT. If you don't get April you don't get the kick-arse Mousers. They are the real star of that set. Nice to see them properly scaled and really detailed. Better then the classic line's "Wacky Walkin' Mouser". I wish April was ball-jointed like the others though.

I know what you mean about April, it does seem odd. Since most of the fans of TMNT are due to the original cartoon. White Baxter, News Reporter April, Rocksteady, Bebop, Krang. But times change, and the Mirage-ish revamp is pretty good so far. Especially since Shredder will no longer be a bumbling idiot villian. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 09:35 PM
I can live without a white Stockman and even Rocksteady and Bebop, but even with those mousers I'm fairly sure I'm gonna pass there. Hell, I'd probably pass even if she was wearing a yellow jumpsuit, character was fairly boring anyway. :D

OzOtter
02-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm a little disappointed with Case, but I'll get him anyway.

Looks like just April and Casey that I'll be picking up from what I've seen so far.

I like how they are using the original comics as a template for the new cartoon. Any of the old Mirage characters it brings out, I'll pick up (Comple Carnage and Radical, anyone?). Pass on Hun and the Nanotech monster though.

Dig those mousers.

Prince Xizor
02-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Casey Jones! Casey Jones! Casey Jones!

Beast
02-17-2003, 04:20 AM
Here's the design art for the upcoming TMNT: Extreme Turtles figures in Assortment 3. Wow, these look pretty funky. I agree with the info that said that their outfits were going to be mindblowing. I can't wait for these to come out. Hopefully they will be more articulated then the current versions, since they come with a bike and such. Either way, they look very cool. Turtle Power is back! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-17-2003, 04:37 AM
Here's the display from the TMNT section, of things to expect with the new revamp and cartoon. The greatest things are the new Konami Video Game and Fleer Trading Cards. But even cooler is the fact that the press display confirms that the new series is headed to DVD. "Video/DVD Launch in Summer 2003!" :cool:

Plus Artisan is also planning to release DVD's of the old series. And yes, the display refers to the new cartoon. Because on the other poster, it says 4Kids Entertainment! I didn't include it, because it featured telephone numbers for the various companies. Didn't think the companies would appreciate that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-05-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
I was looking through some toy magazine and i saw photos of two three packs with two turtles and one villain (shredder or a foot soldier) in them. Anybody know anything about when they will ship and for how much?
Finally saw some info about these. They are exclusives to BJ's. Not sure if they would also be available at places like Sam's Club or not though. There are two different sets. "Shredder's Revenge" that includes with Leonardo, Shredder, and Donatello. And "Turtle Takedown" that includes Michaelangelo, Foot Soldier, and Rapheal. :)

Beast
03-05-2003, 03:35 AM
I found the info at Peter Laird's "Blast From The Past" site. He said he found them the other day. http://www.planetracers.com/blast/blast71.html :)

3/3/03: Today I was shopping at one of our local BJ's Wholesale Clubs and ran across these two cool things. It's the first time I've seen these three-packs of TMNT action figures in stores. Each set was being sold in BJ's for $14.49. So if you're still looking forthe toys and can't find the ones you want elsewhere, try BJ's (if there's one in your area... I'm not sure if it's just a New England chain of stores).
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the info jjb. I dont have a BJ nearby but ive already got all but Donnie so its no big deal. Any idea on when the next wave of new characters will come in?

Beast
03-05-2003, 03:52 PM
The next wave is scheduled for April, so could start showing up anytime now. They seem to show up about a month earlier then scheduled, depending on the toy line. And since many stores are sold out, they should be getting more in soon. Which hopefully means the new figures as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OzOtter
03-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Cool. Any details on what the new line will contain? I'm assuming Casey, April and Hun that we saw at Toy Fair.

I'm hanging for a Triceraton which I read was announced, but I 'm headed back to Australia in July and they haven't got any of the Turtles toys yet (to my knowledge).

Beast
03-05-2003, 06:48 PM
You are correct. Casey, April, and Hun are in Asst. 2. Assortment 3 is scheduled to include the 4 "Extreme Sports" Turtles, The Nanotech Monster, and a Foot Tech Ninja. I believe the Triceraton has been moved to a later Asst., as they arn't scheduled to appear until Season 2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Ugh, not BJs again! They seem to exist in some parallel dimension, they're nowhere near me I can assure you. The 12" mega Sazabi and Nu Gundam from the CCA Gundam line both went straight to BJs as exclusives and I had to buy Sazabi off ebay, never even bothered getting Nu.

I guess the show really is doing well, the toys were sorta lingering around here before it came out but now that it's airing, they're GONE.

Beast
03-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Yeah, the show is doing well. According to the numbers I've seen, it's the #1 Fox Box show. Not to hard since pretty much the rest of it is crap. And it's also pulling in the best numbers pretty much ever for cartoons on Fox. Which isn't suprising with it bringing in not only kids, but also us slightly older folks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OzOtter
03-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Is Baxter Stockman supposed to be in any of those assortments? I've heard his name bandied around on other boards but I'm not sure if they are referring to a figure or the cartoon.

Beast
03-06-2003, 05:18 PM
He's not listed to come out, but I'm sure he will at some point. Hopefully both him and Oroku Saki, as they should both be produced, being main charecters to the story. Hopefully for Asst. 4, but we only know what's planned for the first 3 so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OzOtter
03-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Is it possible they are holding out on details of what is coming in the second wave? After all, a paltry three figures hardly seems in keeping with the seven that comprised the first wave.

Beast
03-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Here's more pictures and info on the "Extreme Sports Turtles". They look a bit odd, but I don't think they are terrible. I'll wait til I see them on them painted, before I judge totally. I wish they would have done somthing differnt with the second versions of the green teens. Somthing more like the old Undercover figures, with trenchcoats, fedoras and better articulation would have been cool. But here, judge for yourself. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2003/extreme/extreme.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Glad to see Don has knee articulation, and the hip articulation does look better than the current design, but the sculpted-on helmets sucks. The overall sculpting does look pretty good, but I agree that the concept seems like the wrong direction for the next version of Turtles. And, like the Shell Cycle and Sewer Slider, the extreme turtles we see here are far from cartoon-accurate (buy the sewer slider anyway, it's the closest to toon design, and I dig it). In last week's ep, we saw them doing these extreme stunts and the show was much more reasonable about it - they wore pads and helmets and shoes, but none of the rest of this craziness.

Beast
06-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Figures.com posted up the final painted versions of the X-Treme turtles. They look pretty good, now that I've seen the final versions. Still don't like the banana yellow suit on Mikey, but the rest look good. Here's the pictures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Here's banana boy. Aka Thrashin' Michelangelo. I'll still never get used to the loss of the a in the first half of his name. I still am worried about the 'threat' that they might do an X-Treme Splinter. :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 03:20 PM
And here's the brains of the outfit. With his BMX Bike, Bikin' Donatello. He also doesn't look to bad.
Really the only one I don't like is Mikey. Which is sorta sad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 03:22 PM
And last but not least, Skatin' Raphael. I have to say that the Raphael is probably the best of the three. Even though Mikey's my favorite turtle, the yellow wetsuit looks terrible on him. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-18-2003, 07:14 PM
I think only Leo comes off with any dignity, his scooter folds and isn't too cartoony, his outfit isn't too colorful and over the top. I wish I could say the same about the others, though Mikey clearly is the biggest offender. Don's vehicle isn't so bad, but I don't like his outfit. Raph is the opposite, lame skates, ok outfit. All in all, I don't see these doing so great, but I could be wrong and that'd be funny too. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Those figures look hella awful. Man, those are sooooooo going to warm the pegs!! :D

JJB- dude, did Splinter die or is that just in correlation with Mirage Closing, and thus, end of TMNT comics or?!? i'm curious

Beast
06-18-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
JJB- dude, did Splinter die or is that just in correlation with Mirage Closing, and thus, end of TMNT comics or?!? i'm curious
Check the thread in the comics section. But basically yes. In Issue #10 of the current Mirage Comics, he died. :cry: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Picked up Hun today, left April & Casey behind, something's wrong with Casey's face and his hair isn't painted on the inside of his bangs, looks weird. Hun is alright, could be taller, should have universal-jointed shoulders, gimmick is backwards (thwomps down instead of up like the card claims), and legs are on a very pointless V-crotch. Overall look is good, accessories are alright if not stunning, basically an alright fig but not in Shredder's league. Figure barely fits in the bubble though.

Beast
07-03-2003, 11:31 AM
I picked up all three, plus an extra April the other day. I wanted more mousers, no clue what I'm gonna do with an extra April figure though. :p :)

Casey's hair isn't painted on the inside of his bangs, so that the mask can slip in there and be held on. They are all going to be like that. Best thing to do is find one and fix it with a bit of paint yourself. :)

Hun is awesome, very nice and big figure. I wish they would have made him even a touch larger. The action feature, actually works well and the button is well hidden. I wish he would have come with a sword though, instead of the Dragon Armor. I think I'll just give him the other half of Shredder's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
07-06-2003, 09:06 PM
I picked up Hun and Casey today. Didnt see April but that gives me something to look for. Both figures look decent in my opinion my only beef with this line is that figures arent coming out fast enough. I would like to see them make two dragon thugs that Hun could lead around too.

JediTricks
07-08-2003, 12:13 AM
One thing I forgot about Hun is that IMO he really would have been better with swivel wrists as well as all that other stuff I mentioned before. Oh, and I ended up giving him the large bladed staff that came with Shredder, it's big and bulky and just seems like something Hun should have.

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Found all 4 Extreme Sports Turtles today at WM, none enticed me and the sports vehicles had been cheaped out on the color issue. If this wave does well, I'll be surprised. Oh, and Don's bike doesn't fold, which was the only feature I was looking forward to on this set.

Also found the Sewer playset at TRU, $50 seems overpriced for this thing but it does look fairly big. Like MOTU playsets from the '80s, this one folds up and sports a carrying handle.

Darth Jax
07-10-2003, 08:54 PM
passed on all 4 of the X-treme turtles. just didn't look right. sad thing is that it's only the second release of figs in the new line and they're already approaching this level of absurdity with the figs. maybe i'm just completely out of touch with what the kids want but don't expect those 4 to make waves.

did pick up casey, hun and april though. was sorta disappointed by hun. liked the redesigned april. casey looked ok to me, unpainted bangs and all.

JediTricks
07-11-2003, 07:33 PM
I passed again on Casey, I guess he's just not my style.

Beast
07-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Well, the good news. The next turtle figures out will be super-articulated versions. The bad news? They will come with removable fighting armor. Now, I don't have a whole problem with variants for the turtles. As they are the core characters of the line. But what about their Trenchcoats, Purple Dragon Outfits, or Mikey's Turtle Titan Costume. Hopefully if we're lucky, maybe Mikey's fighting armor will be that. But I doubt it. As long as it's all removable and the figures are super-articulated, I won't complain to much. :)

TMNT X-treme Justification, Wave 4
Talk around the TMNT forums lately has been wondering: Exactly WHAT were they thinking with the "X-Treme Sports Turtles," and is this a sign of things to come? A ToyFare reader had that exact same question, and here's a portion of the response:

D'Alleva (VP of marketing for boys toys at Playmates) says they'll do a couple different versions of the Turtles each year, but "no Farmer Turtle and no Surfin' Dude Turtle." He says the Extreme Sports versions were made because they're in the show's opening credits, and he promises they're "the furthest we'll stray" from the classic Turtles. Next up is Fighting Gear Turtles, with removable armor that the Turtles could have made themselves from items in the sewer or junkyard, he says. Under the armor, they'll be super-articulated Turtles figures that collectors will dig...

Nice to know they won't be straying too far, only into "Extreme Armor."

Other interesting news in this issue includes a first look at the MOTU Snake-Men, and a complete Transformers price guide!
MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
07-13-2003, 08:19 PM
But I like farmer turtles....

I am Jabba the Hutt
07-13-2003, 10:01 PM
But what about their Trenchcoats, Purple Dragon Outfits, or Mikey's Turtle Titan Costume.

Haven't they done figures with the trenchcoats? If they haven't, I'm shocked about that. They should do figures just like Raphael was in the first movie when he goes out for a walk, with a hat and trenchcoat. :)
I think some of the varation figures have been cool but they should at least make the ones out of the movies first.
Have you got the movie star figures JJB? In my opinion, those are the best Turtles figures. :)

kool-aid killer
07-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Picked up April yesterday at a Target. Not a bad looking figure. I like how she was given a laptop, pipe, and two mousers. Seen the Lair at a TRU over the weekend but i doubt i get it. It doesnt look as cool as the old one (i never had one of them) and it would take up too much space in my room.

Beast
07-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Haven't they done figures with the trenchcoats? If they haven't, I'm shocked about that. They should do figures just like Raphael was in the first movie when he goes out for a walk, with a hat and trenchcoat. :)
I think some of the varation figures have been cool but they should at least make the ones out of the movies first.
Have you got the movie star figures JJB? In my opinion, those are the best Turtles figures. :)
They did in the old line. I'm sure we'll get them sooner or later in the new one as well. Or I hope that Playmates isn't that insane. They should have done them as the next series. They could have put the soft goods trenchcoats on the super-articulated ones. :)

I don't have much of any of the old ones anymore. I'm going to be going back and starting to pick up the figures I really like though. And I have to snag all the various Splinters from back then as well. I wish the new series Splinter looked better, and had a proper sleeved Kimono. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Check out Figures.Com, they have pictures of new figures posted up now. Nano, Foot Tech Ninja, Foot Elite, and Robo-Baxter (I think). They also have on display what looks like the first wave of figures, re-issued with bases and battle damage and gold snap on armor for Shredder.

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=697&password=&page=1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
07-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Sweet pictures JJB! Cant wait to get a Foot Elite or two. Any idea on if the frogs ( i forgot if they had a group name or not, but they were called Rasputin, Napolean, and i forgot the other two) will be seen in this series? I still remember how the old line only made two of them. I was always hoping they would make the others to fill out the group.

Lman316
07-18-2003, 03:57 PM
I finally found the Hun and Casey Jones today (I've been seeing April around, but I always thought she looked like crap, so I didn't get her - even though those mousers look pretty cool).

So, I'm sure that most know what I'm going to say here. I don't really like these figures, sad to say.
First, Casey Jones isn't too bad. With the mask on, the figure looks decent - without the mask, it just looks goofy. What I don't like is the stupid gimmick (the twisty-waist) and the somewhat pre-posed legs (straight-legged with knee articulation would have been better IMO). But, I guess it's an okay figure. Could have been better, but it looks okay posed with a hockey stick gripped in both hands.

The Hun completely fails though. It has no articulation that's worth anything, the accessories are God-awful, the gimmick sucks and the figure looks horrible with the giant screw holes in the back. And it's got the Aurra Sing type legs, which I've always thought of as stupid. Not to mention that the paint app on mine sucks... Yikes...

Well, I had thought that these would be the last two from the line that I'd pick up. But now that I see they're coming out with the elite Foot soldiers, I'll have to get myself a few of those.
I do wish that they'd release some kind of variant on the first Foot soldier though. Because you can only pose them so many ways (I have four and it already looks too repetitive), and it would be cool if they released a few different kinds, kind of break up the monotony.

End...:D

JediTricks
07-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Foot Elite looks pretty cool but the legs may be more v-crotch (damn Playmates and their love of this style of articulation!!!), I hope the hat comes off and it comes with more accessories, but either way I'll only get 1. I only have 2 Foot Soldiers, I'm trying to keep from going overboard... but if Kmart has another dollar-off sale, I'm buying another foot soldier. :D Foot Tech fig isn't my taste and ALSO sporting v-crotch articulation (doesn't look universal-jointed even), but if the accessories it comes with are cool, I'll add it to my collection.

The 2packs with bases are TOTALLY cheeseball. Why, you may ask? Because the ones I'm seeing (Don vs Foot soldier, Raph & Casey on bike) are taken from another Playmates line, the Tomb Raider video game figures. I have 'em all, picked 'em up at Pic-n-Sav super cheap, I have the motorcycle w/ street right here next to my mouse (except now Batman rules this neighborhood ;)). Except for the graphitti on the bike set, it doesn't look like these are any different, one still has the same small footpegs for Lara Croft! These appear as if they could have been taken out of old unsold Tomb Raider sets, right out of the packaging.

I also see a recycled TMNT:Next Mutation hummvee toy as well. It's actually made for TMNT-scale figs, so I'm not going to bash Playmates for that decision, although IIRC, this vehicle was made for those rubbery NextMutation figs so it may not accomodate modern TMNT figs.

Looks like a mixed bag from Playmates on this line, but hopefully it survives.

Oh, and the statues look boss!

Beast
07-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Oh my, that Shredder re-deco with the gold armor pieces. He also features a removable helmet. Very cool beans. Would be nice if he was super-articulated as well. You can see him with the helmet off in this picture. Note one of the Junkyard Armor Turtles with the Super-Articulation can be seen as well. On the other end of the display. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Here's some better pictures of the Removable Helmet Shredder. As well as the Super-Articulated Turtles with their armor. It does look like all of it is removable, so that's great for us folks that wanted more articulate heroes on the halfshell. The robot may not be Baxter after all, as it's infront of a placard announcing that there will be three figures from the Konami game made as figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-20-2003, 09:56 PM
As I posted on the figures.com board a few mins ago when seeing that OffTheCard pic of the Garbage armor "super-articulated" Turtles, the upper legs look like they could be rubber or rubber-covered legs. I hope that's not the case though. Hopefully, all that armor junk comes off, and they all have knee articulation and better shoulders, as it appears Raph does.

Beast
08-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Finally a decent picture has turned up of the Konami Sign behind the Foot Gunner figure from the Video Game. It reveals the other two figures that Playmates is turning into figures from the game. An Evil Turtlebot (Metalhead?) and the Giant Mouser. The Foot Gunner should be out in December. The other two supposedly in 2004. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
08-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Cool pics JJB. The robot does remind me of an updated Metalhead. I wouldnt be suprised if we see him pop up on the show one day. So will the Foot Gunner be the only new figure we see in December or will he come out with a few others?

Beast
08-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Here's some nice close up pics of the upcoming 'Garbage Armor - Super Poseable' Turtles that are coming out. Looks like head, ball-jointed shoulders, cut joint elbows, cut joint wrists, ball-jointed legs, bending knees, bending ankles atleast. Once you strip off all the garbage armor, they should be great. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-21-2003, 12:58 AM
I guess "Super Articulated" means "we added 2 joints to the legs". ;) Still, I'm a sucker, I'll bite... so long as that awful armor comes off. Elbow hinge would have been so sweet tho'.

Beast
08-21-2003, 01:27 AM
I agree. Why do most toy companies always have to go cut joints for elbows. While I do like them on Star Wars, as they are arn't as likely to go loose on such a small figure. Plus can look bloody awful, depending on how well hidden it is. But they could have easily hid the hinge on the elbowpad like they did for the knee one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-22-2003, 10:12 PM
The knee hinge on Leo was so well hidden from the front that at first I thought there was no articulation there at all. Playmates never seems to make much sense with their articulation choices, that made being a Trek collector in the '90s extra difficult.

Beast
08-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Looks like two more figures have been confirmed for 2004, atleast as far as the official site hints at them. Silver Sentry's arch-nemisis Dr. Malignus from the 'Turtle Titan' episode. Which hopefully means that they will do a Turtle Titan in the same series. And a Clone Shredder, from the 'Return to New York' storyline that has yet to air. Wicked cool beans. Now, where's Dr. Stockman? :D

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2003/drmalignus/drmalignus.html
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2003/cloneshredder/cloneshredder.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
08-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Sweet pics, i would like to see a Silver Sentry made to go along with the doctor.

Beast
09-10-2003, 02:47 PM
According to an interview with Peter Laird, Mikey as Turtle Titan is on the way. As is at least two Triceraton figures, since they factor heavily in Season 2. Hopefully Leatherhead and Usagi Yojimbo will be on the way as well. 2004 will be even better then 2003 for TMNT figures. :)

Peter Laird: And Playmates is going to be putting out a lot of new figures, many of them taken right from the new show... including at least TWO Triceraton figures! Yow! I can't wait. They're even doing one of Mike as "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan" which looks GREAT.
http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/Interviews/ViewComics007.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
09-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Triceraton figures? I dont think ive heard of these guys before. If you have the time would you be willing to enlighten me? But I recall a Triceratops looking figure in the original line (he was orange with some armor peices and i believe green pants) that i had. Are these the same thing or am i way off?

Beast
09-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Triceraton figures? I dont think ive heard of these guys before. If you have the time would you be willing to enlighten me? But I recall a Triceratops looking figure in the original line (he was orange with some armor peices and i believe green pants) that i had. Are these the same thing or am i way off?
They are from the original comics, and they appeared in a couple episodes of the old cartoon. But yeah, the orange Triceratops looking figure from the old line should give you some idea what you're going to see. They are a war-like race, and the enemies of the Utrom race. They expand their territory by conquest, and have already driven the Utroms back from territory, due to the fact the Oots are pacifists. Here's a couple links for info. :)

http://members.fortunecity.com/neodevilbane/tmntdict2.html
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/06/06.htm
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1990/triceraton.htm

And here's some design work, for the abandoned WB cartoon. Originally WB was intrested in doing the series, and had design work done for it. They pulled out though, leaving it open for For Kids/Fox to grab. Note that while WB was going a slightly different direction, their Foot Soldiers design was used as the basis for the Foot Tech Ninjas. So the Triceratons may also appear in a similar look. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/triceraton01.jpg
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/triceraton02.jpg
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/triceraton03.jpg
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/triceraton04.jpg
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/triceratons.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
09-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Cool, many thanks for the info. I cant wait for the new season to began. No other cartoon series has had me as excited as this one in a long time.

Beast
09-12-2003, 04:18 PM
The Official TMNT Website updated today with pictures of the sculpt for the upcoming 'Silver Sentry' action figure. And they also said to keep an eye on the site, as they'll be putting up a new figure sculpt preview every week. :)

Pix of the intial Silver Sentry scultpure are up! We've got a bunch of toy sculpture pix coming in, and we'll be adding one to the site each week for the next two months or so!

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/silversentry/silversentry.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-18-2003, 04:55 PM
The Official TMNT Website updated today with pictures of the sculpt for the upcoming 'Turtle Titan' action figure. Very cool version of Mikey, and atleast it's a series accurate new Turtle figure. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/turtletitan/turtletitan.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-25-2003, 03:48 PM
The mutant Quarry from the 'Notes from the Underground' story arc has been revealed on the official TMNT website. Wow, another secondary character gets made. I wonder if will get the other main mutant creatures (Stonebiter and Razorfist) from that episode. This is cool, I'm really liking the fact that Playmates isn't avoiding doing minor one shot characters. Playmates' TMNT line for 2004 is red hot!

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/quarry/quarry.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Right now, with only Casey, April, the Hun, and the stupid sports Turtles shipping, the line feels like it's DOA. Also, with the toning down of articulation on non-Turtle figures, I really feel disinterested with the whole thing, I have my awesome Shredder and 2 foot soldiers and will probably get the new turtles with better articulation, but I dunno, the line feels like it's not firing anymore.

Beast
09-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Actually JT, The Foot Tech Ninja and the Nanotech Monster just started shipping. And soon the Garbage Armor/Super Articulated Turtles, Shredder's Elite Foot, and Shredder w/ Removable Helmet will be out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Foot Tech, I'll keep an eye out for. Nanotech Junk Monster, that's another figure I couldn't care less about. Their schedule isn't really that bad here at all, but seeing all those damned Sports turtles really makes me sick every time I pass a wall of 'em at Target.

Shredder w/ removable helmet and ugly gold chrome armor does NOTHING for me, I think Playmates is high on the crack by adding gold chrome here - that's what cheap Hong Kong bootlegs and knockoffs do. Totally removable armor would have been bad arse though.

Beast
09-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Foot Tech, I'll keep an eye out for. Nanotech Junk Monster, that's another figure I couldn't care less about. Their schedule isn't really that bad here at all, but seeing all those damned Sports turtles really makes me sick every time I pass a wall of 'em at Target.

Shredder w/ removable helmet and ugly gold chrome armor does NOTHING for me, I think Playmates is high on the crack by adding gold chrome here - that's what cheap Hong Kong bootlegs and knockoffs do. Totally removable armor would have been bad arse though.
The Foot Tech Ninja is really cool. He's molded in a semi-transparent pearly purple color, so he looks really sweet. The Nanotech monster is actually pretty cool, with all the extra bits he comes with. I've seen detailed pictures of him from all angles, and I'm very impressed. :)

Oh, and the gold chrome was a bad photo on Figures. I've seen the newer pictures from a different site and it's actually silver. I don't know what the heck the person who posted the original pictures did to it to make it turn gold. As for totally removable, I dunno if they could do it with Saki's costume. I'll wait for a basic Saki figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-27-2003, 02:00 AM
Hmm, probably had a low battery on the flash or an ambient light affecting it.

Gold or silver though, there's almost NO toy I like because it has chrome, and only a few that I think work well in spite of chrome's use.

kool-aid killer
09-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I agree with JT, right now i dont even throw a glance in the direction of the Turtles figures. The line seems to have stalled for the most part. Hopefully the release of these newer figures will help clear up some pegs (maybe new episodes of the cartoon will help too) Im pleased to see they are going to make a Quarry figure, i just hope they dont ever make the hunter lady that premiered in the last episode. She sucked.

Beast
09-27-2003, 02:07 PM
I think the major problem at the moment, is they didn't expect the popularity of the line when it came back. That's why they planned only 13 or so figures for 2003 at first. When the line became a red hot seller, and the TV show doing as well as it has, they realized they needed to make up for the lack of figures.

That's why they rushed a bunch of figures into production for the fourth quarter of the year. And why 2004 looks to be packed with good figures. Hopefully they will show off a Baxter figure next week on the official site. Or an Oroku Saki figure. The line could use a decent Splinter also, with full sleeves. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
09-28-2003, 04:53 PM
I went to a Walmart that i rarely visit today and i came across the Foot Tech Ninja and the Nanotech Junk Monster! I got them both and am really pleased with how they both look, especially the Foot Tech. I like the Nanotechs junk that you can plug onto him too.

Beast
10-01-2003, 03:07 AM
Looks like Playmates is going to dig in the vaults for some of their releases. We've already seen that they plan to release the Hummer type vehicle from the 'Next Mutation' series as part of the new toy line. But they're also revamping the 'Mutations' line of Transforming figures for the new series. It looks like with the turtles, the only think that is new is the heads. No pictures of Mikey have surfaced as of yet. But they're cool. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-01-2003, 03:14 AM
And here's the villian side of the coin. The Shredder is pretty lackluster and the photo makes him look short. But the Foot Soldier will be a great addition to the figure line. Especially since in it's basic form in doubles pretty well as a basic variation Foot Soldier. I hope they do a Splinter of some type also. The news and images are from 'Toy News International'. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-01-2003, 04:57 PM
The mutant Razorfist from the 'Notes from the Underground' story arc has been revealed on the official TMNT website. Cool, hopefully they'll reveal Stonebiter next week. Or Baxter Stockmen. Again, big props to Playmates for not ignoring the secondary characters. Can't wait for 2004's TMNT figure line. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/razorfist/razorfist.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
10-01-2003, 09:22 PM
I have the original version of that Shredder figure somewhere, it's pretty cool actually. I also have one of the turtles, those didn't work for me as much.

kool-aid killer
10-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Glad to see another secondary character get immortalized in plastic. I dont recall ever seeing the mutating turtles things but the foot soldier looks like he will fit well with this line. Shredder looks a little too chunky for my likes.

JediTricks
10-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Oh, and I spotted the Nanotech figure at Target the other day, definitely not my style.

Beast
10-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Damn, you're lucky JT. I hit all my local stores for the Nanotech Monster and the Foot Tech Ninja and came up with squat. But thankfully the line is pretty popular and gets good distribution, so should be availabe soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
10-02-2003, 07:59 PM
No Foot Tech unfortunately, just 1 Nanotech among a wall of Extreme Sports turtles and the April wave... and plenty Splinter figs as well.

Beast
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM
The final mutant Stonebiter from the 'Notes from the Underground' story arc has been revealed on the official TMNT website. That gives us the big three from the arc, but hopefully next week they reveal Baxter Stockman. Since he's appeared in the series in the robot body. Though I think they'll have to design a deluxe line for that. Deluxe Baxter Stockman w/ Exo Suit and Deluxe Garbageman would be sweet. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/stonebiter/stonebiter.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Picked up Foot Tech Ninja yesterday. The articulation is a bit of a disappointment, and the recycled accessory was a waste of space. The paint is sloppy, the red paint on the eyes is over the lines, the stamped foot symbol is off-center, and the right shoulder armor has a sizeable vague blank spot in the middle of the black paint. The swords are nice, basic and functional, their joining really doesn't subtract or add much here, but that is breaking even. ;)

The articulation really bothers me, the leg joints are standard V-crotch and Playmates really needs to let go of this junk since it can't kick or sit or run or bend forward. The shoulders are standard rotation instead of ball jointing, which is a little disappointing by itself but really would have been ok except that the elbows are permanently bent at sharp angles (the right elbow less so than the left though) and even with the articulation it just doesn't allow for good play or pose possibilities.

Finally, the figure seems a little too tall compared to regular foot soldiers and even Shredder.

Overall, it's an ok figure, but a little disappointing compared to the first wave figures.

kool-aid killer
10-09-2003, 09:54 PM
JJB, i dont think a Garbageman figure would be a good idea. A lame villain IMO. That episode and about two others could have been reworked a bit. So has anybody gotten the playset? I dont think i will pick it up unless it gets a drastic price markdown.

Beast
10-12-2003, 04:25 AM
This was posted over at the TMNT boards I frequent, and supposedly is the planned figure releases for 2004. Note that other then a few figures, they have all been confirmed or stated as coming by either on the official TMNT website of by Peter Laird himself. Sweet. Any figures coming or confirmed are marked with an *. :)

April/May 2004:
Evil Turtlebot*
Fire Foot Mystic
Giant Mouser*
Leatherhead
Razorfist*
Stonebiter*
Toddler Turtles (4-Pack)
Quarry*

July/August 2004:
Dr. Malignus*
Fugitoid
Michelangelo the Turtle Titan*
Silver Sentry*
Shredder Clone w/ 4 Arms
Triceraton Guard*
Triceraton Soldier*

September/October 2004:
Space Hoppin' Donatello
Space Hoppin' Leonardo
Space Hoppin' Michelangelo
Space Hoppin' Raphael
Usagi Yojimbo*
Wind Foot Mystic

November/December 2004:
Earth Foot Mystic
Mousers 6-Pack
Shredder Clone w/ Claws*
Splinter in Cryo-Tube
Utrom Ninja Guardian
Utroms

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Star Matt
10-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Holy S**t! Leatherhead! He's My Favorite Tmnt Charactor! If He's Getting A Figure, Then He Should Be On The Show Soon!

Beast
10-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Holy S**t! Leatherhead! He's My Favorite Tmnt Charactor! If He's Getting A Figure, Then He Should Be On The Show Soon!
Peter Laird confirmed Fugitoid, Leatherhead, Usagi Yojimbo, and the Triceratons in Season 2. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-15-2003, 02:52 AM
Some new TMNT stuff on the horizon. Looks like we're going to get a line of plush turtles for starters. And in the vehicle front, following the old series, we got some really weird stuff coming. First is the Turtle Tracker, which is basically just the 'Next Mutation' vehicle being retooled and re-issued. But then we have the retooled Pogo Copter, which used to be Rocksteady's back in the day. And what I believe is actually a new toy, though I'm not 100% sure. The Shell Sub. The figures are good, but the vehicles are starting to hit that goofy wall again. :)

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=2051

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
10-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Im suprised they plan on releasing more vehicles. I see the previous ones all over. I agree that they do look a little cheesy and dont seem to mesh well with how the current figures look. But i cant wait to see the Triceratons, they should be cool.

Beast
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
The newest sculpt has been revealed on the official TMNT Website. This one is 'Leatherhead' from Season II of the cartoon. He looks pretty dang cool, but in a way I miss the classic toon appearance of the character.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leatherhead/leatherhead.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
10-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Wow, he looks tougher than the old version but i too was hoping he would look similar to the original Leatherhead.

Beast
10-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Wow, he looks tougher than the old version but i too was hoping he would look similar to the original Leatherhead.
He does, he looks similar to the original Mirage character of Leatherhead. :D

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/...tales/06/06.htm
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/...ume01/45/45.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Figure.com has a massive update of pictures from the Toy Expo 2003. They proved the above list to be 100% correct. In that all rumored figures were revealed. The only two left to be seen are 'Splinter in Cryotube' and 'Usgai Yojimbo'. Holy crap. I love being a Turtles Fan!! Follow the link to have your own heart attack. To many images to post here. I can't wait to get all of these, especially the Utroms, Utrom's Ninja Guardian, Triceratons, and Toddler Turtles. :D

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=893&password=&page=1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
10-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Lots of neat little photos. I plan on getting most especially the toddler turtles. My only complaint is that they seem to be reusing some weapons.

JediTricks
10-23-2003, 03:27 AM
I don't see many new weapons at all, that coupled with diminishing articulation has me less than inspired. It looks like the Space Turtles come in removable suits that aren't articulated.

Beast
10-23-2003, 03:58 AM
Some more articulation would be nice, but I don't think what we're getting now is all that bad. Hun is a sweet figure, even if he just has the basic points of articulation. I'm starting to think Marvel Legends has spoiled most people for articulation. Those garbage armor/super poseable figures keep getting better though. Finger and toe joints, very nice additions.

I am hoping the Space Turtles suits are articulated, atleast with basic joints. And that these may be early test shots. As for the re-use of weapons, for the turtle figures I don't have problems with that. As for the re-used ones with other figures, I think they just stuck whatever they had laying around. As the Guardian should have his 'Lightsaberish Katana'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Just a quick heads up, the next wave is starting to show up in stores. Someone over at the Technodrome found 'Armorized Shredder', 'Foot Elite Guard', and the 'Foot Gunner' from the Video Game at Target the other day. No sign of the 'Fighten' Armor' Turtes as of yet. But they may have split them off into the next assortment. So, get hunting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Cool pictures. I wasnt going to get the Shredder figure but i like the look so ive changed my mind. The gunner seems interesting. I really like how the Foot Elite comes with four different weapons. I dont know about getting four of them though, i may just stick with two.

Did anybody else pick up the Ninja Turtles game? Ive got it on Gamecube. I havent played much of it due to not having the time but of what i have i enjoy it.

Beast
11-25-2003, 07:01 PM
The official site updated today, with painted prototypes. While we've already seen all these figures at Figures.Com's coverage. These are handy, because they show the front and the back. And we also get a good look at scale. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/loose/paints.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Cool, i like the pics. JJB, do you know if the pre-teen turtles will be sold all together, two on a card, or individually?

Beast
11-25-2003, 09:36 PM
The Toddler Turtles are going to be a 4-pack. Which is a great deal to get four lil figures for less then $6.00. Just like the Mouser 6-pack of figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Oh, but we need a Dr. Stockmen to lead our mousers. I liked seeing all the new figures coming out on the link you posted. I dont see any that i will be leaving on the pegs. This line has come been done well so far in my opinion, the only big blunder being the extreme turtles or whatever they are called.

Beast
11-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Agreed. Nomad over at Action-Figure.com said that Playmates is intrested in what we wanna see in a Baxter Stockman. So I posted my ideas over there. I hope that they do him sometime next year. :)

BTW: The Extreme Sports Turtles weren't all that bad. The only one that's really bad is Mikey. And that's due to the horrible banana yellow wetsuit. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-26-2003, 01:07 AM
TMNT made #1 worst toy in Lion & Lamb project's "Dirty Dozen" this year, specifically for Casey Jones and his cardback's text. They don't seem capable of doing their research on this stuff though, siting old movies and only 1 game, and lumping the Playmates line in with the Mega Bloks line.
http://www.lionlamb.org/dirtydozen2004.htm

Glad to hear of a 6pack of Mousers, didn't really want to buy April or the super-Mouser to get these little fellas.

Beast
11-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Well, I won't go into my opinion on Lion and Lamb. Since discussion of religion is banned on the board. But they really have their head up their arses over stuff like this. Seriously, after reading some of their stuff, they must consider children just complete morons who can't do anything with toys but act out violence. I do love their mention of 'Gleeful Mayhem' about the Turtle Lair Megablocks set. Idiots. And some of the other stuff they wrote, was just idiotic. Spider-Man started off as a cartoon? And then they made a movie where a man gets impailed? Wha? That's how Green Goblin died in the damn comics. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
11-26-2003, 12:10 PM
That article is so lame its funny.

Jar Jar, what did you suggest for Dr. Stockmen? I would prefer a regular version of him, no Hun induced wounds visible. I liked his armor suit, but that may be too big for this line.

Beast
11-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Jar Jar, what did you suggest for Dr. Stockmen? I would prefer a regular version of him, no Hun induced wounds visible. I liked his armor suit, but that may be too big for this line.
Well, I actually decided that Baxter deserves two figures. A basic figure, and then a deluxe figure. Since kids deserve a chance to have a Baxter, even if they're parents wouldn't pay for a Deluxe Figure boxed set. Then they can also do Garbageman in the Deluxe Figure line. Here's what I had in mind if Playmates would do a Baxter Stockman. :)

Basic Baxter Stockman - SRP $5.99
w/ Cloth Lab Coat, Handheld Scanner
2 Interchangable Heads - (Normal and Eyepatch)

Deluxe Baxter Stockman - SRP $24.99
w/ Robotic Left Forearm, Cloth Lab Coat, Handheld Scanner
2 Interchangable Heads - (Eyepatch w/ Neckbrace, Eyepeice w/ Neckbrace)
Baxter's Robotic Wheelchair (from Return to New York)
Baxter's Exo-Armor Bodysuit (from Return to New York)

It's probably easier and cheaper for Playmates to sculpt Baxter right into his wheelchair for the Deluxe figure. Then you can just plug his head into the Exo-Armor Bodysuit. Instead of trying to make him removable from it. Especially since in the Return to New York storyline, I believe Baxter no longer has any legs. They could even ditch the cloth labcoat if they do this. And just have it be sculpted on this version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Har Har Binks

Beast
11-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Some more different pictures were posted up over at TNI's website. And the "Fightin' Armor Turtles" are turning up as well. The articulation points I posted earlier in the thread were correct. And they also have ball jointed heads. So add another plus to the new versions. :)

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=2336

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-29-2003, 02:53 AM
Articulated ankles alone will help these figures stand better than the first versions.

kool-aid killer
11-29-2003, 04:35 PM
These look better than the last set of turtles that came out. Armored Leo looks the best, I like Donnies use of baseball gear, like Raph with the exception of the helmet. I think Mikeys looks funny with the stop sign as shoulder pads and a construction cone as a shin guard.

Beast
11-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Managed to find a lone Fightin' Armor Leonardo and Donatello at Wal-Mart today. Didn't have enough for both on me. So I snagged the Leo and will grab the Donny when I get paid. So I'll give a quasi-review on Leo today. And then Donny and whoever else I find when I go hunting again.

Leonardo features the aformentioned 21 points of articulation. Really so much better then the first version, in any way shape or form. He even looks great in the armor, in my opinion. It fits on him well, and stays in place with no problems. I'm glad they packed in his regular Katanas also though.

I do have one minor complaint though, on the SA Turtles. The articulated finger joint isn't very helpful, thanks to the short fingers. So they have a bit of trouble holding the larger Garbage Armor version of the weapons. But otherwise I love the jointed hands. Can't wait to find Mikey and Raph. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Congrats on the find. How's the hip articulation? That's been the big worry for me. Also, do the figures' belts hold the weapons like the first versions? And does all the junk armor come off giving a normal-looking turtle?

kool-aid killer
12-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Went to a TRU yesterday and i found the Turtle pegs practically wiped out from the Christmas shoppers. But i did find a Foot Gunner. I think hes a nice looking figure and recommend him to bolster your group of baddies.

Beast
12-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Congrats on the find. How's the hip articulation? That's been the big worry for me. Also, do the figures' belts hold the weapons like the first versions? And does all the junk armor come off giving a normal-looking turtle?
Thanks JT. The Hip articulation is ok. It is a twist and bend joint. Can't really call it a ball-joint, I don't know how to explain it. The only issues with the hip articulation, is that the bodies get in the way. After all, they are turtles. So they have their shells and plastrons in the way. But yes, all the garbage armor is removable, leaving 100% normal-looking turtles underneath. They are a million times nicer then the original versions. And I'm glad they packed in the normal versions of their weapons also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Picked up Donny today. Not suprised that Mikey and Raph sold out before Leo and Donny. Most people like Mikey and Raph over Donny and Leo. But Donny's pretty good also. I really like the extra articulation, and Donny's hands didn't have nearly as much trouble holding his weapons as Leo does. :)

Couple new pics of the Giant Mouser and Michelangelo: Turtle Titan over at TNI. Looking really good. :)

http://afigures.com/g/?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=TMNT%2FTMNT&pic=53014---Giant-Mouser.jpg

http://afigures.com/g/?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=TMNT%2FTMNT&pic=53017---Turtle-Titan-Michae.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-02-2003, 09:30 PM
I seen armored Donnie and a few Foot Elite today. I skipped on the Donnie but took one Foot Elite. He comes with four different weapons so i guess if anybody wanted to get four they could indiviualize them somewhat.

So does the better articulation help them fit into the sewer slider better? Or is it just me who has problems getting a turtle inside of it?

Beast
12-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah, if you buy four of the Foot Elite and give them each one of the weapons, then you have all four of them from the toon. Still no sign of Armor Raph and Mikey, or Shredder, Gunner, or Elite around here. :(

As for the added articulation helping them fit better into the Sewer Slider? I'm afraid I can't be of much help there. I don't have the vehicles yet, as I've been a bit short thanks to the busy DVD months. Soon though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-02-2003, 11:00 PM
If you remove their weapons, I've found that they all fit in the Slider pretty well, though it's mostly still a standing pose. It does take some patient adjusting of their legs to get things to fit, but it works out pretty well on mine.

Spotted Gunner and Elite yesterday, wish it had been Donny & Leo (my top choices). Gunner looks cool, but not all that TMNT for my tastes, Elite looked cool in theory and I had him in the cart through half the store, but ended up not getting him due to weak articulation.

Beast
12-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Glad that the latest episode of TMNT, had the Space Hoppin/Space Suit Turtle showing up. Since I know a lot of people were complaining that they were making another set of turtles that don't appear on the show. And from what I can tell, just like the show, the Mikey figure is the only one with a tail. Just check out the following picture. Ignore that it says Space Hoppin' Raphael, as that's really Mikey's suit. Since Raph's has red detailing. And this one has orange. :)

http://afigures.com/g/generated/TMNT/TMNT/53027---Space-Hoppin-Raph__scaled_800.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
12-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I was a big fan of the turtles when i was a kid, but i have not bought any new ones yet. I kind of want to, especially Casey Jones, but if i buy one, i a done and will start buying more. I have no room or money now, all of it goes to Star Wars, Masters of the Universe, and Marvel Legends/SPider-Man

kool-aid killer
12-06-2003, 02:27 PM
I know how you feel Evenflow. At first i said id only get the Turtles and be very selective of the rest and so far the only figures ive skipped on have been the extreme Turtles. Im fighting the same urge with the LOTR Armies of Middle Earth line.

Beast
12-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Again, I love how it's so easy to collect this line. Walked into Wal-Mart that had been cleared out of figures roughly 2 weeks ago. Pegs full of the new figures for my picking. Was able to find all the ones that I was missing. Fightin' Armor Michelangelo, Fightin' Armor Raphael, Armorized Shredder, Foot Gunner, and Elite Foot Guard. I'll drop back in with a review, after I finish opening them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Armorized Shredder - I'm against re-sculpts, unless they improve on the last version of figures that were released. In this case, the new Shredder blows the old one out of the water. His body armor is molded in a metallic grey now, instead of metallic blue like the first Shredder figure that was released. He has ball-jointed arms and legs now, for added articulation that also helps the figure out a lot. And the removable pieces of chromed armor are sweet, and fit well on the figure without falling off. The removable helmet and headsculpt is nice also. Wish they would have included a sword with him though. :)

Foot Gunner - Decent figure. Might buy a couple more next month, after I get christmas bills out of the way. Based on the TMNT video game, so I don't know how cool they are in the game. But he'll look good added to my foot army. I haven't bought the PC version yet, and I don't have a gaming system. Nice figure though, even with only 10 points of articulation. The body shield and machine gun weapon are nice additions as well. :)

Foot Elite Guard - Sweet figure. Seems a bit tall, but still looks great with Shredder and the rest of the villian figures. I'm going to have to get 3 more of them so that I have the four that appear in the toon. I guess the extra weapons will just get stored away for now. Articulation isn't bad. 10 points, though the left shoulder joint has an action feature. Still cool though, especially with the removable 'nice' hat and 4 weapons. :)

Fightin' Armor Michelangelo - Mikey's my favorite of the four turtles. And this version of him is great, due to the 21 points of articulation they decked him out with. His armor is pretty cool also, especially the Stop Sign shoulder pads on his chest plate. I do have a small complaint on this one though. His right leg armor, is a peice that you have to bend and snap together. So there's some stress lines on the areas that bend on each side. But it still looks good on him. And again, glad they included his regular chucks, but I hope the next version of the Turtles has the correct 'colored' wrappings on their weapons. Instead of just being white. :)

Fightin' Armor Raphael - Again, the extra articulation helps him standout over the last version. The 21 points, just like Michelangelo kicks the butt of the original version. This is my least favorite of the 4 TMNT Fightin' Armor figures. There's nothing really wrong with the figure, just judging the armor against the other three figures versions. It's just a bit boring, nothing really intresting visually to it. Just like the other figures though, I'm glad they included the regular versions of their weapons. Again, just like stated above, I wish they'd paint the wrappings on the hilts of their weapons the same colors as their maks, like in the toon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Just noticed, checking over the Fightin' Armor/Super Articulated Turtles. Add 2 more points of articulation. Not only do the ankle joints bend, but they also turn. Gah, 23 points of articulation. Damn, I love them even more now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
12-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Binks, I'm getting a Forbidden message everytime I try to look at the link you posted of Mike's suit.

Beast
12-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Binks, I'm getting a Forbidden message everytime I try to look at the link you posted of Mike's suit.
Crap in a hat. Lemme try this link. I don't wanna toss up another attachment. Not sure why that one didn't look. But you can tell it's Mikey's suit by the orange areas of the suit. Where as Raph's, Leo's, and Donny's, has Red, Blue, and Purple in those sections. :)

http://afigures.com/g/?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=TMNT%2FTMNT&pic=53027---Space-Hoppin-Raph.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Armorized Shredder - He has ball-jointed arms and legs now, for added articulation that also helps the figure out a lot. "Now"??? The first Shredder in this line has ball-jointed arms & legs which work pretty well, this is why I was surprised at how pitiful most of the other human figures have been articulated. Even the Foot Soldier has ball-jointed (they're all actually universal joints) arms & legs, though his leg articulation is a bit wonky.

The reason the pic link didn't work is because their server doesn't allow images to be directly linked-to. I simply added a backslash to the URL and hit enter and it came right up (Geocities does the same thing).

Beast
12-08-2003, 01:58 AM
He does? I never noticed it before. Sec. Crap, you're right. I must have forgot they did give him the added articulation. Crud, oh well. My mistake. He's still a much better figure, since they made his armor metallic grey instead of metallic blue. And the waist cape area of the figure is more bendable now, so the leg articulation is more useable. Again, my bad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Nice reviews of the armored Turtles. Knowing that they are easier and capable of better poses makes them sound like a worthwhile purchase.

Beast
12-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Looks like something else new hit before Christmas after all. The Mutatin' Turtles, Shredder, and Foot Soldier were found at a Wal-Mart in Illinois according to a post over on the Technodrome. Not to sure about these myself, I wish they were a bit cheaper. $9.97 for them seems a bit high. But if I recall correctly the original ones in the 80's were boxed and were like $12.99. So maybe it's not so bad after all. I think I'll get them, but not going to be in a huge rush for anyone other then the Foot Soldier for the Foot Tech Division head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-14-2003, 07:01 PM
I wonder if they'll expand this line at some point, and include Splinter. Of course that would take an entirely new sculpt almost. Since Splinter's not Hamato Yoshi like he was in the old toon. But a mutatin Splinter figure would be pretty cool. Just like the rest of the mutatin' line, he'd be massively out of scale though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-15-2003, 12:03 PM
I think im going to pass on those, perhaps with the exception of the Foot Soldier just to bulk up the amount of baddies i have. Other than him, i dont feel i need the others.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Wow, these Mutation figures sure bring me back. I remember having the original Mutatin' Shredder, Leo, and Raph. It almost looks as if they rehashed certain parts of of the original Mutatin' figures to each of these new figures. Mutation Shredder's sleeves do look similar to the original Mutatin' Shredder's sleeves (the blurred pics make it hard to tell).

Beast
12-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Yeah, they figured they would retool and re-release figures that would still work in the new line. Basically I think they're all pretty much the vintage versions, except for new heads on all the figures and modifications to Shredder and Foot Soldier. They're cool either way, especially with as hot as the property is. Kids will love em. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Have you seen the Turtles Mega Blocks sets? I wish i had seen them earlier, i could have thrown them on my Christmas list. The only drawback was that there arent many foot soldiers to army build with, at least i didnt see any. Of the three sets two only had one and the other had the Shredder.

Beast
12-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I've seen them. They look pretty darn good. Haven't picked them up myself yet, but I plan to at some point. The three sets out now are the Ultimate Combat Lair (w/ Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo, Shredder, 2 Ninja Foot Soldiers, ), Battle Shell Bridge (w/ Michelangelo, Leonardo, and 2 Foot Soldiers), and the Radical Ramp (w/ Donatello, Raphael, and 1 Ninja Foot Soldier). There's also a 4th set coming, that includes all 4 Turtles and Casey Jones which is due out sometime next year. :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009VE5D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000BYOZG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009VE63.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000BYOZF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-29-2003, 12:57 AM
That Battle Shell set looks pretty neat. I don't think I could make space for the Lair, and the Go-Kart one looks pretty silly to me, but the Shell set and the 4 figures with Casey might be worth looking into. I still have a hard time accepting Mega Bloks because they interlock so much poorer than Lego, but this looks like a neat theme even if it is recycling their extreme sports a little. :D

Beast
12-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah, they are pretty neat. I'm a bit peeved that they didn't include a Splinter mini-fig in the Combat Lair set. I hope this isn't going to turn into a case of 'Lando' from Lego. Seriously with all those sets, and all those turtles, and no Splinter? :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-31-2003, 03:42 AM
Found 3 of the 6 Mutating figures today, Foot Soldier, Leonardo, Rapahel. Just got the Foot Soldier for now. Since Shredder and him are selling out the fastest. And I couldn't afford all of them right now. Plus the FS in the transformed mode looks like the Tech Division Foot Soldiers. At least a little bit. As long as you don't expose the robo chest. Oh, and it looks like there's going to be some big TMNT/Burger King promotion coming soon. Sounds like I'll be eating at BK to snag the toys. ;) :D

http://www.burgerking.com/turtles/index.aspx

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
12-31-2003, 10:51 AM
I wouldnt get my hopes up with the Burger King toys. Fast food joints have a tendency to put out crap for toys. I think it would be cool if they could skip on the rotating action features or zip along figures and put out decent looking little figures of the turtles.

Beast
01-06-2004, 06:23 PM
And you're right, the BK toys pretty much suck. Ah well, saves me dumping a ton of cash on expensive fast food. Heh. Speaking of suck, I pray to god that the offical TMNT website made a mistake. Cause I'm getting a bad feeling about something here. Remember the Space Hoppin' Turtles Figures. The ones that showed up in the Toons, with the Triceraton space suits. Well, the official site put up some prototype images. That look nothing like what we've already seen. They're not even series accurate. :(

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/spacetmnt/prototypes.html

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php/photo/7784/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/893
http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php/photo/7778/password//sort/1/cat/893/page/3
http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php/photo/7766/password//sort/1/cat/893/page/4
http://afigures.com/g/?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=TMNT%2FTMNT&pic=53027---Space-Hoppin-Raph.jpg

Ignore the last links name, that's Mikey's suit. Note orange and tail. But let's pray the final released versions, look like the last four. And not the above pictures. Because the last three, and the Mikey w/ Tail on his Suit are atleast somewhat show accurate. These just look like cheap knockoff toys. On another note, the next line of Mini-Figures will include 'Fightin' Armor' Turtles. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/minis/prototypes.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
01-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I agree about those toys. Fast food joints have done better. MOTU from McDonald's was alright. McDonald's had some great Batman TAS figures some years ago, and I loved them. BK did fine by me with their Simpsons figures (all of the lines, including the original line from the early 90's), and their excellent Universal Monster series just left me giddy.

I viewed the Turtle toys on BK's site, nothing too great. Me, I'll just wait for some great new toy line to appear in those kid meals, because when they get it right, those toys look damn good.

Those space suit 'toon inaccurate figures look lame! That's all I have to say about that.

Back to reading Beowulf for me and letting this Turtle discussion continue amongst you all.

JediTricks
01-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Those new space turtles remind me so much of Playmates' original line, as well as the recent Extreme Sports Turtles figures, me not liking this trend. And I don't know why they're so gung-ho (that's a very toy insider joke there folks) on those hinged hands lately, they can barely hold ANYTHING.

Beast
01-07-2004, 02:23 AM
Well, like I said I hope these are just the early kitbashed prototypes. And what actually comes out is the series accurate Triceraton Spacesuits. Since I was happy with those. Sure, they didn't have any articulation at first. But I bet they were early sculpts. I e-mailed Dan Berger (guy that runs the official TMNT website) and hopefully he'll shed some light on this mystery. Cause I want the orange toon accurate versions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Fully decoed and articulated with accessories? I don't think these are kitbashed protos, especially when you look at the back view which shows how each shell is integrated into the design. In fact, if it wasn't for Raph's unpainted eyes, I wouldn't have been surprised to learn these were production pieces (disappointed is a different matter).

Beast
01-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Got my E-Mail back from Dan Berger, the guy that runs the Official TMNT Website. Here's what he has to say. I was thinking, that these could actually not be the Space Hoppin' Turtles after all. And Actually some sort of Undersea Scuba Turtles from the Junklantis episode. When the Turtles jounrey to the underwater base of the Garbageman in Season 2. Here's hoping, cause I want the toon accurate Turtles. :)

Howdy,

> I don't have Dan Berger's address. So I'm hoping this finds it's way
> to him.

I'm the only person who works on the site, so all mail reaches me.

> I'm E-Mailing him in regard to the so called 'Space Hopping' Turtles
> Prototypes. I was wondering if these are just early kitbashed versions

Nope, they're what we received from Playmates this week, so they're hot
off the presses.

> . Because they don't look anything like the 'Space' Turtles in the
> Triceraton Arc. Figure images of which, we've already seen. I'd rather
> we see actual series accurate figures. Especially since that is what
> was originally planned. Can you attempt to clear the air on these?

I'm afraid that I don't know what the deal is. The prototypes that I
posted pix of yesterday are the only ones that we've received.

I don't know where the pix of the cartoon styled Space figures came
from. I assume the photos are from Toy Fair, and if so, they're very
early prototypes and the ones from yesterday are more recent. For
reasons unknown to us, Playmates has apparently decided to change the
designs.

Mirage C.E.O. Gary Richardson is looking into the matter.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official Web Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-07-2004, 05:08 PM
And another E-Mail from Dan Berger:

Yo,

> Thank you for your quick reply. If you could please keep me up to date
> on the info, I would appreciate it.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to be in the loop on this - Gary
Richardson is dealing with it and I doubt that I'll be informed what
decisions are made. Plus, the site gets far too much mail for me to be
able to keep track of one issue for one person, I'm sorry.

> I have to say, that if these are what comes out, I'd have to not
> purchase them. After Playmates promised us that the
> furthest they would go from the series accurate Turtles ever would be
> the X-Treme Sports Turtles.

The problem with toy companies is the employee turnover is dramatic.
Several of the folks who were working at Playmates when the new TMNT
was launched have since left the company, so the promises that they
made are gone with them.

> A theory did surface on the forums, that these could actually be the
> 'Junklantis' Turtles.

No, they were clearly labeled "Space Hoppin' Turtles" on the paperwork
that we received.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official Web Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-08-2004, 02:52 AM
I figured as much. They did this with the very first figures in this line if you'll remember, an early prototype was almost straight out of the comics, much more stylized than the final versions we got. Sorry to hear that some of the folks who made this line so good when it started are gone, though that might explain some of these later figures not being as good.

kool-aid killer
01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Not impressed with those space suits. Im probably going to end up skipping on these too.

Beast
01-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Some boxed pictures of the Turtle Tracker, Shell Sub, and Turtle Pogo Copter are up now on the official site. The Turtle Tracker is supposedly out now. And the Sub and Copter should be out soon. No too sure about the idea of all these reissues. But atleast they retooled and repainted them, instead of just straight re-issues. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2003/tracker/tracker.html
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/shellsub/shellsub.html
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/pogo/pogocopter.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-15-2004, 10:04 PM
I was looking at the Turtles section at a Walmart and they had some pegs marked TMNT Deluxe. I dont recall reading anything about any deluxe figures. Any ideas on what it could be JJB?

I like the shell sub and the pogo copter. I remember i bought my brother the Turtle Tracker when it first came out in the live action show.

JediTricks
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
While I'm not JJB, I can answer that - the Mutations figures are at a deluxe pricepoint and on a larger card.

kool-aid killer
01-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Ok, and sorry if i came off as not thinking you were capable of giving me an answer.

Im hoping that the pegs will fill up soon, because from what ive seen at local stores it seems like the line has done very well. I havent came upon more than a couple of figures.

JediTricks
01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
That's not how I took it, so don't worry about it. I was just referring to the fact that you asked JJB a question and I wasn't JJB. :D

Around here, the line seems to be doing ok, but either they are restocking fast, or it's not moving as well as before. Still a lot of Aprils, that figure is death. What I'm surprised by is that even at the Targets that have 'em for $4.97 each, the Armorized turtles aren't moving all that well (in fact, it's entirely possible they're moving weaker than the original 4).

kool-aid killer
01-24-2004, 01:17 PM
This post has nothing to do with TMNT toys but related products. So JJB and JT, are either of you going to buy the Turtles Valentines cards? My brothers got them for his class. My personal favorites is the one that has Raph on it and says "Hope your Valentines Day is Action Packed" :sur:

I finally seen the Burger King toys a couple of days ago and i must say that my disappointment with them was warranted. No suprise to me that the corniest one was Donnie. Even Aprils figure is better than his. Donnie seems to get no love. :(

Beast
01-24-2004, 01:22 PM
As embaressing as it is, yes I'll probably get a box or two of the TMNT valentines. And the wall clock. And all the other crap that's coming out. TMNT just is a massive part of my younger years. Even if I wasn't that young at the time it first came out. It's just like Star Wars in how much love I have for it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Couldn't pay me to take those Valentines cards, though to be fair, I refused the Ep 2 ones as well (they were really bad though).

BTW, saw regular Donny & Leo at TRU tonight, looked like they were reposed in their bubble trays from the original versions. Maybe I just haven't taken a good look at the originals on their cards in a while though.

Beast
01-25-2004, 04:29 AM
Yeah, they reposed them and put the weapons in their hands. Donny also lost a Bo Staff. He used to come with two, who knows why, but now only has one. It's funny, even the original figures I think gave Donny 2. Probably just to be fair, cause the other turtles got two weapons.

Man, the more I look at the Splinter the more I want a new one. They really need to do a Super-Poseable Splinter w/ a proper kimono. This sleeveless deal is just sad in my opinion. And is probably the only figure in the line I'm really unhappy with. I hope the Splinter w/ Cryotube is better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 05:57 AM
Ah, good, thanks for letting me know. Is it confirmed that Donny only has 1 bo, or could the other one be hiding under the bubble insert the way the armor turtles' regular weapons are hidden? Granted, Don doesn't really NEED 2 of 'em, but since you can build stuff onto them with his other accessories AND it's a nice accessory for a extra Foot Soldier figure to hold to break up the monotony, Playmates really should keep it in there.

Beast
01-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it's confirmed. And I've seen it myself. These repacks started showing up about the time of the Foot Tech Ninja/Nanotech Monster wave. And I agree, it would have been nice to include them for Foot Soldiers. They really should do like a Weapons Set. Put some of the lesser seen weapons on the show, in a Accessories set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
I liked how the old Turtle toys had that little weapons rack and wouldnt mind seeing that come back. Personally i like Splinter, he does look a bit corny but compared to the old one he looks better. I there is a big difference in appearance i will pick up the new one, if not my regular should do.

JediTricks
01-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I think Playmates started strong with the accessories, but is starting to fall asleep at the wheel there. It'd be nice to get an accessories pack though, but I don't want to see more of those shuriken that come with the original Turtles, those mini-saw-blades with stickers are really lame. I always end up using the ones from the Foot Clan instead whenever I set up the figures.

Beast
01-26-2004, 07:46 PM
The Best Splinter in my eyes, is still the somewhat HTF Shogun Splinter from the old line. He had the most detail in his costume. Even if the chest piece was what looked like white paper. I need to pick up one of these sometime, when it turns up on Ebay. Actually I want to pick up one of each of the old series Splinter. But him especially. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1994/shosplint.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Some news from the UK Toy Fair. Which has me excited, and I can't wait til the NY Toy Fair to see pictures of the lines. Looks like they're pulling a He-Man with the Sewer Lair, and re-releasing it bigger and better. And hopefully the exclusive figure will be the Splinter that was supposed to come with the first series. They also mention 'Scuba Gear' turtles, and I'm hoping those non-toon accurate Space ones, were actually meant to be these. :)

Playmates: UK TOYFAIR: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Press Release
Posted by adrian on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 03:30 PM EST

Whilst there was no pictures allowed at the Playmates distributor's stand at the UK ToyFair, they did issue this press release on 2004 release...

Launched into a storm of press and public interest in 2003, best-selling retro reptiles the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have come out fighting in 2004 – keener, greener and meaner than ever!

Bad-*** butt-kicking has never been easier with the new action-packed Extreme Sports Turtles Figure Assortment 2 (@£6.99 each) featuring dynamic dudes Skatin’ Ralph, Bikin’ Don, Scootin’ Leo and Thrashin’ Mike each with their own extreme sports accessory! Further new figure assortments will be launched throughout the year including Scuba Turtles and Space Hoppin’ Turtles.

In the new Deluxe Turtle Figure Assortment (RRP £9.99), each of the Turtles can be Mutated from mild-mannered terrapin into a street fighting Ninja with dedicated battle accessories. Also included is a tub of Turtle Ooze to aid the yucky transformation. From June watch out for the Ninja Action Turtle Asst (RRP £7.99) – each has a flipping and fighting action and comes with his own unique battle accessory.

The Turtles are fully equipped with a range of brand new vehicles to help them in their crusades against Shredder. The Turtle Sub and Pogo Copter (RRP £9.99), each feature missile launchers. The new Turtle Tracker Truck (£24.99) has a fully equipped roof-mounted Bolo Missile Launcher and spring-action Bo Staff weapons in the floorboards! Also available is the new Sewer Lid Launcher, armed with a 360° rotating turret that fires out 30 manhole covers, stopping Shredder’s Foot Soldiers in their tracks!

The Lair playset has been enhanced for Autumn ‘04 with a brand new sewer- trap accessory with Turtle Ooze and exclusive action figure!

For more pictures of the 2004 items, be sure to check out our 2004 Preview section.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Spotted the Sub & Copter at TRU the other day, neither stand out at all on shelves.

Also available is the new Sewer Lid Launcher, armed with a 360° rotating turret that fires out 30 manhole covers, stopping Shredder’s Foot Soldiers in their tracks!I wonder if this is the old Turtles Pizza Thrower, which would be 15 years old now.

Beast
02-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Yep, it's the Pizza Thrower. There's a picture of it earlier in the thread. They gave it a more tank tread like lower half. And in their continuing desire to move the TMNT away from Pizza, made it a Sewer Lid Launcer instead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
02-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Oddly, i didnt notice the lack of pizza involved in the cartoons or toys. Why are they moving away from it? The only reason i can see them doing that is to cut back on the amount of comedy involved in the toon, but that doesnt sound like the correct answer. If there was one old turtle toy i would love to see reused it would have to be the old sewer lair. Too cool, but i never had one as a child.

Beast
02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, the 'Pizza' obsession was an aspect of the original toon. It never existed in the original comics. That's why the new cartoon hasn't really focused on pizza. It's been mentioned a few times, shown a couple times, but other then when they were 'Baby' turtles they're never seen actually eating it. And that was done as a joke. Remember after they all dive on the pizza after acting like the old toon versions, and start muching Splinter remarks....."Intelligence followed soon after." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Well, the Toy Fair coverage has been pretty boring. We saw some changes to some figures. Some for the better, some for the worst. I don't know why the hell they felt the need to give Razorfist some sort of weird armor that wasn't in the toon. :rolleyes:

Figures.Com's TMNT Toy Fair '04 Database (http://69.93.35.18/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1235&password=)

American Dream Comic's TMNT Toy Fair '04 Database (http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2004_Toy_Fair%2FPlaymates%2FTMNT&dispsize=640&start=0)

The good news is that Playmates has confirmed that they are doing a Baxter Stockman. No word yet on exactly what version they are going to do. Since he's gone thru a few changes in the series. I'm hoping for a regular basic Stockman. Maybe with an interchangable eyepatch head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-18-2004, 01:37 PM
A heads-up for those of you, have been putting off snagging a Sewer Lair. JcPenny has their exclusive Sewer Lair set for only $10.00 now. It includes the Sewer Lair, Shell Cycle, and Leonardo and Shredder figures. :)

JcPenny Sewer Lair Playset - Exclusive (http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=446&CatID=4030&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0826249&ProdSeq=1&OffSet=1&ProdCount=5&Cat=tv+%26+movie&Dep=toys&PCat=action+figures&PCatID=3994&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=5&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-27-2004, 07:18 PM
The Official TMNT website updated today, with images of several of the upcoming figures carded. Since carded images are now appearing, they should likely start being released. Since we saw boxed images of the Turtle Tracker, Pogo Copter, and Shell Sub on the official site just before they were actually released. Here's the links:

Fire Foot Mystic (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/firefoot/firefootmoc.html)

Giant Mouser (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/giantmouser/giantmousermoc.html)

Leatherhead (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/leatherhead/leatherheadmoc.html)

Razorfist (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/razorfist/razorfistmoc.html)

Stonebiter (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/stonebiter/stonebitermoc.html)

Toddler Turtles (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/toddlers/toddlersmoc.html)

Turtlebot (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/turtlebot/turtlebotmoc.html)

Turtle Titan (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/turtletitan/titanmoc.html)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
02-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Cool!!! Im hoping these hit soon, i havent bought a Turtle figure in forever. I particularly like the Toddler Turtles and their makeshift weapons. The Turtlebot looks nice too. I like most of them, the only one that isnt very exciting is the Fire Foot Mystic (dont care too much for the look) and Razorfists weapon looks out of place on him. Me want now!!!

jad
03-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Man there are some fantastic figures coming out this year. Has everyone seen some of these pics? http://www.americandreamcomics.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=2336

Keep scrolling because a lot of them are either already out or have been seen. But theres pics of figures like the tricerton's, fugitoid, silver sentry, Utroms, ect...

Cool cool stuff me thinks :) A good time to be a tmnt fan.

Beast
03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I linked to that a few pages ago. The toon accurate Space Hoppin' Mikey makes me incredibly sad though. Curse you Playmates! :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
03-05-2004, 09:40 PM
So JJB do you plan on picking up any of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (i dont know what the first word is) Beanz? Im skipping, while some look cool, i cant imagine them having much purpose other than being an impulse buy.

Beast
03-05-2004, 09:48 PM
I actually bought two packs, just to see what they were like. I don't think I'll go out of my way to collect them. But I'd like to atleast get the 2 Splinter beanz. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I linked to that a few pages ago. The toon accurate Space Hoppin' Mikey makes me incredibly sad though. Curse you Playmates! :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Whats wrong with the toon accurate Ralph? Just that it has no articulation?

Beast
03-05-2004, 11:16 PM
It's actually Mikey. You can tell by the tail and the orange accents on the costume. The Prototype was red for Raphael. That one is supposed to be Mikey's suit. What's wrong with it, is the fact it doesn't look like they are coming out. The latest revised 'Space Hoppin' Turtles', are not toon accurate. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-07-2004, 12:31 AM
It's actually Mikey. You can tell by the tail and the orange accents on the costume. The Prototype was red for Raphael. That one is supposed to be Mikey's suit. What's wrong with it, is the fact it doesn't look like they are coming out. The latest revised 'Space Hoppin' Turtles', are not toon accurate. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Do you know that for sure? Or just assume so because the toy fair pics had space hopping figures? That would be a shame to not release it, it's a much better design.

Oh a question to everyone else also. Has anyone picked up any of the Ninja Turtle mega blocks sets yet? I was curious if they were any good.

-Durge-
03-07-2004, 04:43 AM
I actually bought two packs, just to see what they were like. I don't think I'll go out of my way to collect them. But I'd like to atleast get the 2 Splinter beanz. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksWhat are splinter beanz?

kool-aid killer
03-07-2004, 12:07 PM
The Splinter adorned beanz come from a toy called Mighty Beanz i believe. Its looks like its a small capsule shape that has a Turtle related character decorating it. I have no idea on what their purpose is.

Jad, ive wanted to pick up the Turtles Mega Bloks sets but really dont have any good reason to. And doing so would make me want to collect Star Wars Legos, and if that happens im going to need a second job soon. They look cool but have yet to read about anybody picking them up.

jad
03-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Mighty beanz are actually kinda cool. From a kid perspective they're cool because theres tons to collect. From my perspective they are just cool because they roll around and jump due to the small weight that slides around inside the beanz. Theres some kinda cool games you can play with them too. I think they are way more fun for kids though. After a while they're novilty just wore off. But it's kinda cool they are working with different licenses to get well known characters decorating they're products.

jad
03-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey I also wanted to ask if anyone on here has the Turtle Lair playset. If so what do you think of it. It looks pretty cool to me and I might just buy it if it ever goes on sale or something. So if you got one post yer thoughts :) Help me decide if I should spend more money hehe.

-Durge-
03-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Awesome, I'll pick up some beanz when I see some.