PDA

View Full Version : Cantina Diorama help

Wolfwood319
11-06-2001, 11:00 AM
Quick question about a Cantina I'm building. I have the basic structure completed, and now I'm ready to start painting, however, the material I used for the walls doesn't give me the correct texture I wanted.

I was thinking about finding some very thin plaster, or the stuff you use to repair dry wall, and going over the whole structure with it, this way too I can cover up any small gaps or uneveness that have occurred.

After that though, what should paint should I use, or is this even a good idea? I'd appreciate any and all feedback or tips anyone can give me.

ACPin
11-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Since you didn't mention about what material you used for the walls in the first place, I'm unsure whether the plaster or spackle will hold up after you essentially layered it over.

Check The Cantina done by Am Shak (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=24479&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5) if that's the effect you'd want to achieve. If it is, try to get in touch with him and I'm sure he'll be able to give you some tips on how he did it.

Wolfwood319
11-08-2001, 10:59 AM
Actually I used this stuff called hemosote (sp?). Its 1/2'' thick, grey, and kind of like thick cardboard I guess. I ended up using a very light coat of plaster on the whole thing, which gave me the exact kind of texture I wanted. Then I used basic white primer for the undercoat. Its really turning out quite well. Next step is to paint the final, sand color for the walls and floor.