PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Online



QLD
12-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Just curious if anyone has or if anyone is going to pick this up.

Fulit
12-24-2002, 09:18 PM
It depends. I still don't know alot about it, like how much it is, and do you have to pay one of those monthly MP game fees?

I would've probably been more interested in this game in 2000, early 2001, after that, I kinda burned myself out on the Sims. It would take some crazy, cool new features to entice me to buy it, probably.

QLD
12-25-2002, 02:56 AM
Well, it comes with the obligatory free month, but afterwards it is 10 dollars a month, which isn't bad at all.

Rogue II
12-30-2002, 09:58 AM
I played The Sims a little, but I didn't really get into it. My wife has half of the expansion packs (Livin Large, Vacation, and Hot Date) I was going to buy Unleashed for her, but it looks like it takes up way too much HD space. She doesn't want Sims Online, but I think she wants Sims for the PS2 when it comes out.

We don't have the modem for PS2 yet, but will there be an online mode on the PS2 version?

QLD
12-30-2002, 11:21 AM
I don't think the PS2 version will be online, but I am not positive.

mrmiller
12-30-2002, 02:20 PM
I don't think the PS2 version is Online, but it does allow for 2 player games- whatever that means. You can save your "Sim" and take it to aother persons Sim environment. I guess you could be dateing each other, or maybe the other one owes you money and you need to teach him a lesson Sopranos style.

=MATT=

Fulit
12-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Can I be a "psycho" Sim that tuns around attacking people and stuff? That would be cool.

mrmiller
12-30-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Can I be a "psycho" Sim that tuns around attacking people and stuff? That would be cool.

How did I know you would respond like that ;)

Most likely it will be like in your game, if you don't like your Sims life, you can save it to a memory card and start an affair with a younger hotter Sim next door at your friends! Would that be like dateing your friends sister? Oh man... I can see the morale issues here.

=MATT=

Rogue II
12-30-2002, 03:10 PM
A few other questions:

In 2 player mode, I wonder if your friend's Sim goes Psycho(see Fulit) on you, if your Sim's son can grow up and one day approch your friend's sim and say, "Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

Is it wrong if you find Sim women "hot"?

When I played, I had 2 female roommates. I don't know how, but they became attracted to each other....although, one of them also had a boyfriend. Is that wrong? (and this has nothing to do with the previous question...I think)

Is it possible to have your Sim dog to leave a hot pile of Sim poop on your Next Door Sim's front porch?

Is "cloning" a big issue among Sims?

Dar' Argol
12-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
A few other questions:

In 2 player mode, I wonder if your friend's Sim goes Psycho(see Fulit) on you, if your Sim's son can grow up and one day approch your friend's sim and say, "Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

Is it wrong if you find Sim women "hot"?

When I played, I had 2 female roommates. I don't know how, but they became attracted to each other....although, one of them also had a boyfriend. Is that wrong? (and this has nothing to do with the previous question...I think)

Is it possible to have your Sim dog to leave a hot pile of Sim poop on your Next Door Sim's front porch?

Is "cloning" a big issue among Sims?

Here's a few things on the PS2 version.

It plays like the original Sims, with a few new objects and view thrown in. Sims CAN be attracted to the same sex. Children DO NOT grow up. The only bodily function you can leave on your neighbors is pee. If your relationship gets sooooo bad with your roomate, you will get into a "fight" and one has to leave the house. PS version is NOT online at this time, but that can change.

Sims Online:

There is a $10 monthly fee or you can purchase a Game Card for $29.96 at Wal-Mart. It has up to 90 minutes of play time on each card.

The problem I have with the Sims Online is that IT COULD HAVE BEEN FREE TO PLAY. There are many companies that could have had advertising in the game that could pay of the servers and what not. Look at a lot of the user created items available at places like www.7deadlysims.com or www.mallofthesims.com . If you go onto the Sims site, www.thesims.com , there is a hugh list of fan sites with user created objects and floors and skins. I have a Pepsi Machine for one of my houses and in another I have a Toshiba 64" Plasma TV. There are sooo many way that the play fee could be done away with. I have all of the sims, The Sims, Living Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, and I want to play onl;ine, but that fee is keeping me away.

BTW, the Sims Unleashed is great Rouge II. It expands your neighborhood to 41 LOTS!!! They created a whole other area below the normal Sims neighborhood. There is about 250 more objects and you can now grow your own food in your back yard. Plus the pets are great. Everything from Cats and Dos to Birds and fish, to Iguana's and turtles and more. And just playing with them ups your social bar and your fun bar! But if you don't take care of them the SPCA comes by and takes them from you.

Dar' Argol
01-03-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
There is a $10 monthly fee or you can purchase a Game Card for $29.96 at Wal-Mart. It has up to 90 minutes of play time on each card.

I need to correct myself here. Its not 90 minutes, its 90 days. Then now have the same thing for Ultima. I have no idea what I was thinking. Maybe I was thinking phone card. Maybe I had too much to drink. maybe it was Hank . . . . . shhhhhhhh!!!