PDA

View Full Version : The "Mullet"

Huckleberry Josh
12-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone.I was just wondering what you guys thought about the ever so popular(in the area I live in) mullet.If you don't know what that is, it's when you cut you're hair short on top and let it grow long in the back. I don't want to offend anyone if they happen to have a mullet but I hate that haircut.All the rednecks in my area have them.I also have to work with a couple of guys who have them. I just can't stand the mullet.What do you guys think about this type of hairstyle?

2-1B
12-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh, Lanny might hear you. :(

Just walk up behind them making a scissors snipping motion with 2 fingers. :crazed:

Fulit
12-26-2002, 01:25 PM
I had long hair all over until a couple weeks ago, when I decided to cut it off real short. Before I did, I decided to be funny and cut it into a mullet and take pictures. I put on an old Motley Crue shirt and shaved my beard into a "Hetfield" mustache and sideburns.
Made for some pretty interesting pictures, and before I cut it off, I was starting to get the attitude of a person w/ a mullet. It was scary, I was using words like "sweet" and talking about Camaro's and kickin' @ss and stuff. Rock on! :D

Patient Zero
12-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
I had long hair all over until a couple weeks ago, when I decided to cut it off real short.

SEE!!! I told all of you that Bigfoot was real! ;)

Exhaust Port
12-26-2002, 02:27 PM
The Kentucky Waterfall

Business in front, Party in back

Camero Crewcut

Pendo
12-26-2002, 03:17 PM
You should check out "Rate my Mullet":p!!!

http://www.ratemymullet.com

PENDO!

Fulit
12-26-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
SEE!!! I told all of you that Bigfoot was real! ;)

No, no, just my cranium! :p

mini-rock
12-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
Hey everyone.I was just wondering what you guys thought about the ever so popular(in the area I live in) mullet.If you don't know what that is, it's when you cut you're hair short on top and let it grow long in the back. I don't want to offend anyone if they happen to have a mullet but I hate that haircut.All the rednecks in my area have them.I also have to work with a couple of guys who have them. I just can't stand the mullet.What do you guys think about this type of hairstyle?

You must live down the street from me.:D

Fulit,

Great minds think alike, I was talking to my wife about geting mullets for a goof and taking pics to send to friends. She said no, but I think there is still hope.:D

darthvyn
12-26-2002, 11:51 PM
http://mulletsgalore.com/

yeah!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Obi-Wan has a mullet in AOTC:eek: :eek: :eek:

mini-rock
12-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Obi-Wan has a mullet in AOTC:eek: :eek: :eek:

Disturbing this is.

Capitan_Moroni
12-27-2002, 10:03 PM
the worst is when little kids have mullets..... what provokes parents to give their children this style of hair cut??:confused: :confused:

2-1B
12-28-2002, 04:27 AM
child mullet aka The Chullet

Obi's mullet isn't that bad, I mean yes it certainly shares some properties of the mullet but at least it isn't hacked short on top - it's longer throughout, but the way they have it styled . . . well it gives the impression of a true mullet.

Really more of a pseudo-mullet. :p

Obi-Don
12-28-2002, 08:51 AM
There is a guy at work who has one. I think he does it himself. Looks real good when his hat is on. :stupid: :D

scruffziller
12-28-2002, 10:39 AM
THe mullet is nothing more than a fad that some people have clinged to after the late 80s because to them it is still cool and haven't realized that its popularity faded years ago. Much like still wearing acid washed jeans

mabudonicus
12-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Yeah, it's basically just a super-rat-tail, if y'all can remember them.... I especially liked the bleached rat-tail , with the rest left in the original colour.... I'm sorta glad that my mom wouldn't allow me to get one NOW, much as I protested at the time......

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-29-2002, 01:41 AM
There's nothing more irrestible to a woman (or so I hear), then a crullet (curly mullet). If you can grow one more power to ya! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
There's nothing more irrestible to a woman (or so I hear), then a crullet (curly mullet). If you can grow one more power to ya! :D
Yeah right! Where did you hear this? Weekly World News?:p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-29-2002, 10:31 PM
No, it came straight from Lanny.

Being the consumate ladies man, I would never doubt his advice. :p

Darth Trymybestus
12-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Haven't you guys heard the Mullet slogan?
"the front says 'I'm smart', the back says 'let's party!'" :crazed: :D

metaljedi
12-30-2002, 04:55 AM
Man around here it's nothing but mullets and 80's rock. I swear Im in a time warp.

Exhaust Port
12-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Now, now... there's nothing wrong with music from the 80's. The fashions sucked but the music was memorable.

mini-rock
12-30-2002, 11:35 AM
The fashions weren't all that bad. I still think the Miami Vice look was the best.:D

Fulit
12-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by metaljedi
Man around here it's nothing but mullets and 80's rock. I swear Im in a time warp.

Hey, its better than rich white kids with backwards baseball caps and gangsta rap. That's all that lives here. Unless you count the poor white trailer kids with backwards caps and gangsta rap.

mrmiller
12-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Any of you ever played Metal Gear Solid? Well solid snake has a Mullet. Me and my brother call it "Mullet Gear" :)

=MATT=

Rogue II
12-30-2002, 03:31 PM
I see a maintenance guy that works in my building that has an amazing mullett. It is completely straight and flat. It almost looks fake.

One day I'm going to follow him out to the parking lot. I suspect that underneath his coveralls, he is wearing a Foreinger T-shirt and drives a primer grey El Camino with a Journey bumper sticker and 1 bumper sticker that reads "How's my Driving? Call 1-800-EAT-P00P." I can just imagine him driving away, using his steering wheel as a drum and nodding his head to B.T.O.'s "Takin' Care of Business."

mabudonicus
12-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Rogue II, that was a beautiful stream-of-lanniness post, man, you should frame it..... He could also be listening to another ULTIMATE lanny song, "doin' it right" by the powder blues...
And to metaljedi- WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT???:):)
METAL rules, and was sort of officially defined in the 80's... I just bought the new Hammerfall album, Crimson Thunder, so it isn't all 80's music, if you're enough of a freak, you can find LOTS of throwbacks..... in the credits, they send greetings to Yngwie Malmsteen and Bruce Dickinson, so you know they're well versed in the classics..

Oh, and on the "crullett"- we have one right around the corner, tall thin guy who rides a 10 speed with the handlebars turned up to carry beer... his mullet is totally RAD, I call him "KING MULLET lanny", I'm trying to get a pic of him, I'll post it here when I do, maybe with some other lanny pics from the series...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The 'Xir
01-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Y'all were wonderin' how such a dastardly looking ting coulda somehow e-scaped the '80's alive. We'll y'all can just thank Mr Billy-bob johnny-Ray Cyrus and his achy breaky Bull-sh** heart, for startes!
Scary enuff, I just looked back at some of dem dhere phO-tO-graphs, from back when I was in High-school; and low and be-hold I was sporting one-a dose evil looking back brushers. We'll I dun nearly jumped out my seat an' fell on my kister screamin'. You can nearly emagine my suprise, especially on accountn' as my parents dun raised my to be sybalized! Along wit some civility ta boot!:stupid: ...:stupid: ...:stupid: ...:stupid:

P.......S... I dun think It would be a grand ole I-deea if duh powers at be here on the ranch at Sirsteves', would make one of dem smilie looking tings with a mullet!!! shucks!

Turbowars
01-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Wait a minute! My wife and I have mullets! I'm very offended! My wife also works at Wal Mart as a door greeter and drives a Camaro. I don't see what the big deal is. Oh and I don't work, I stay at home with our 7 kids that all have mullets. Its kind of hard livinging in a 1 bedroom trailer with 9 people, but we get by, as long as I have my internet I'm fine. Sometimes we splurge and buy WWF or Nascar tickets with our Welfare check that we where supposed to by dipers and formula. We might even have to get rid of our Pitbull because it has bit 5 out of the 7 kids. We would rather get rid of the kids, but that would look bad and we wouldn't get as much welfare.

Jargo
01-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Interesting that just the one style is becoming synonymous with the term 'mullet'. Where I live 'mullet' is a term used for any bad haircut. including the reverse mullet with head shaved all over but just a lank greasy tuft hanging at a longer length at the forehead. There's also the harry potter, the pudding basin special and the fanny parting head sliced by an axe jobbie which is especially impressive if combined with a demi short back and sides that tapers from the neck up to a thick mop on top. Or equally impressive if the hair is super curly and it all bushes out sideways like a perverted afro.

Then there's the island. Shaved almost bald around the back and sides and longer on top so it looks like a reef of hair on a sea of bald. Or the guys who go bald up top and grow the hair long down the back and grow a long beard to match so it looks like everything slipped.

I think the term 'mullet' is far too good to be limited to just one style. :D

Rogue II
01-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Well, "mullet" must be turning into one of those words that had different meanings in the UK and North America. (See also: lift, flat, and suspenders)

Wasn't there an ESPN commercial for the NHL about mullets? Is Barry Melrose's haircut considered a mullet?

darthvyn
01-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Interesting that just the one style is becoming synonymous with the term 'mullet'. Where I live 'mullet' is a term used for any bad haircut. including the reverse mullet with head shaved all over but just a lank greasy tuft hanging at a longer length at the forehead. There's also the harry potter, the pudding basin special and the fanny parting head sliced by an axe jobbie which is especially impressive if combined with a demi short back and sides that tapers from the neck up to a thick mop on top. Or equally impressive if the hair is super curly and it all bushes out sideways like a perverted afro.

Then there's the island. Shaved almost bald around the back and sides and longer on top so it looks like a reef of hair on a sea of bald. Or the guys who go bald up top and grow the hair long down the back and grow a long beard to match so it looks like everything slipped.

I think the term 'mullet' is far too good to be limited to just one style. :D

but, you have all sorts of even better names for all those "fashions", so i think mullet can be used safely to describe the "short/long." the bald man with a pony tail is one of the closest to a "natural" mullet... long in the back, EXTREMELY short in the front :D

mabudonicus
01-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Rogue II- Yes, "hockey hair" is what I remember to be the name for today's "mullet", it seems that the term "mullet" only got applied to that particular style sometime in the 90's, as far as I can tell....
Many Hockey personalities have mullets, even big stars like Jagr...

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 01:43 AM
I hate'em. I say grab the clippers and start buzzing away.

Huckleberry Josh
01-15-2003, 03:12 PM
I haven't had a chance to get on here for awhile. There's a lot of those rich white kids that try to dress like they're some hardcore rappers where I live to.Gosh I hate that.That ****es me off more than mullets.I gotta get out of here!FAST!

mabudonicus
01-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Oh , we live in a fairly small town, but we get all kinds here... we have "gangs" downtown who paint their symbols all over bus stops and stuff to "mark their territory", they walk around swearing and stuff, it's kinda funny to see, I can't figure out what they're all about...

However, when you see a mullet, you can be sure of a few things right off the hop.... I think that's the draw, the consistency of Lanny ever'where.... the mullet shows and odd mix of (albeit misguided) fashion consciousness and total indifference bordering on contempt....
The most interesting aspect is that, unlike many youth who have gotten their "fashion" from some element of the culture, Lanny just plain IS. Based on an unwritten, age old code, from the language to the vehicles and finally the Mullet itself, Lanny knows who he is and where he stands, and if you ask him the right way, he'll be sure and tell you......

I guess all I'm really saying is, don't think Lanny is (in his own mind, at least) confused or even "posing"... he's real, almost TOO REAL... he makes his own money to be all the Lanny he can be, and that's special.:):)

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Mullets are the most annoying haircut I've ever seen exept for the mexicans (Not to be racist it's just what they all do here) with all their hair shaved off exept for teir bangs

Huckleberry Josh
01-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah,there are some Mexicans near where I live live and they all have weird haircuts. They shave the sides of there heads and let it grow long in the back kind of like a screwed up mullet(if there's such a thing).They live in this run-down house and I believe they live on welfare. They'll stand outside and just stare at people when they drive up the road.

Slicker
01-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I had a mullet in my younger years...:yes:

And Cappy had a rat tail...

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
And Cappy had a rat tail...I had it for about two hours and then I had mom cut it off. Now my flat-top on the other hand...

Jargo
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
HA! I just remembered my younger brother had a mullet in the mid eighties. he's got wavy hair and it kinda turned into ringlets at the back. hanging there like someone stapled wood shavings to his head.

2-1B
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I had it for about two hours and then I had mom cut it off.

Slicker's mom ?

Slicker
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Slicker's mom ?Nope. Cappy's mom.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I had a mullet when I was around two or so (I was a resident of Georgia at the time, and my hairstyle was of course not mine to choose). I had long-ish hair up until recently that, once in a while, bordered dangerously on Mulletville (kind of like Anakin's ROTS 'do but not as "kempt"). I got the back mostly hacked off before my Halloween stint as Fry so now more of the length is in the front (not emo, though).

I'm sure that's more than most of you care to know, but there it is. :D

Slicker
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Your hair is still unkempt. You nappy headed hoe!

Oooohh...Don Imus'd be proud of me!:love:

mabudonicus
01-08-2008, 08:20 AM
now more of the length is in the front
Not gonna touch that ;)

(not emo, though).
Obvoously not, you even failed to be able to register at an "emo forum" proving you are 100% emo-free :D
:beard: Iso & Baws

That site was perhaps the silliest thing EVER made, I only wish it wasn't real

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
You're from Georgia?

That explains a lot.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
The last one I saw was on the lunch lady from Survivor China....she rocked it out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2008, 02:37 AM
You're from Georgia?

That explains a lot.
No. I was born in Tennessee, moved to Georgia when I was less than a year old, moved to Nebraska when I was three, and to Colorado when I was five. Not sure what it explains, frankly.

Not gonna touch that ;)
That's even dirtier than what I said . . .

2-1B
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
www.ratemymullet.com

Tycho
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
MULLETS!

MULLETS!!

MULLETS!!!

I want a mullet! That would be so "Tycho" of me - having a mullet and wearing my sweatsuit! Yeah baby! Yeah!

But I don't have any hair. I get the buzz cut, military style, so I look like Kieffer Sutherland in "A Few Good Men" after a bad spin on the Dork-o-Tron.

Actually, Michael Douglas in "Falling Down" is a good comparison. "I'll take a Whammy-burger please."

D-FENS!

But dude. I guess it will be a long while or maybe never that I get a mullet. :cry:

JEDIpartner
05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I never had a mullet. No one believes me until I show them pictures I have from 1986 through 1996 when I was in a band. NEVER HAD A MULLET. The end.

No offense, but I can't understand why anyone would still sport a mullet-- considering people constantly make fun of them on television. Any stylist who would give someone a mullet in this day and age should have their cosmetology license revoked!

Turbowars
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
It's a back woods kind of thang, you hear?

JEDIpartner
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
What... they don't have televisions or shame in the backwoods?

JimJamBonds
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
'Back in the day' I could page through mulletsgallore.com (http://www.mulletsgallore.com) and it would keep me entertained for hours.

2-1B
05-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Some wonderful specimens there.

Tycho
05-03-2008, 05:29 PM
All those mullet wig pictures from Amazon made me want to consider changing my avatar. But which is the worst one?!

Oh man. What would a nOOb think, lurking in our forums for the first time, if all he saw were tons of posts by these strange characters sporting MULLETS?

SirStevesGuideToMullets.com or SSM for short.