PDA

View Full Version : witch king ringwrath!

clonehead
12-26-2002, 02:06 PM
just curious to know i have seen the one for TTT, has anyone bought 1? i got the one from fellowship? i also saw a saron (i don't know if i spelt that right) for $20 should i have bought it???

robman71
12-26-2002, 02:14 PM
From what I saw it is pretty much the same figure as the one that was released for FOTR, The Sauron is a definate buy,(I am still waiting for it to show up in my area) as it is one IMO one of the best figures I have seen from this line.

clonehead
12-26-2002, 02:34 PM
now the one i saw had the same design as the TTT(the red color) box, but it said FOTR(the green color), is this wrong??

jpak001
12-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Nope, that's how they did it. There's a few releases of FOTR figures from this year that they put on red colored packaging.

The Sauron deluxe figure is like this too! :D

robman71, the Sauron is one kick@$$ figure!!! I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with it when you get one. I think it and Treebeard are the best in the line so far (that might change when they release a fire Balrog).

Jedi Master Silas
12-26-2002, 03:31 PM
I bought Witchking Ringwraith and Legolas for my husband for Christmas. The Legolas has very cool weapons and a dang good sculpt the WR is kick ars in my book....his boots and hands are extremly cool. The only thing I dont like is the sheath for his sword.

clonehead
12-26-2002, 04:30 PM
thanks for the input

BlahBlahBlah
12-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold on.

Are you guys talking about the Ringwraith horse and rider set, or the Witchking? The Horse and rider set is rereleased from FOTR, but as far as I know, the single pack Witchking hasn't.

This interests me because I have the horse and rider set, but never found the Witchking. That's one I really want.

Don't suppose anyone has one they'd like to sell?

QLD
12-26-2002, 05:23 PM
I saw the 12" Withking today at TRU in TTT packaging, but I don't think there is a 6" version without the horse yet.

jpak001
12-26-2002, 06:00 PM
There was a single packaged Witchking in the FOTR green packaging. Not one yet on the red card. I did see a picture of one from TTT asst 5 (I think), but it looked like it was just the one from the horse & rider set. I was under the impression that clonehead was talking about the re-release of the WR horse & rider (this is red w/FOTR on it).

There is also a "twilight witchking" coming out which looks awesome, but I haven't heard of anyone finding one yet.

Stikman
12-26-2002, 09:10 PM
If you get Sauron (which I highly recommend!), don't forget to get the extra rings out of the box before you throw it away! A lot of people don't notice them and toss them. They're in a little bag taped inside the box but they're behind the figure so some people miss them.

clonehead
12-26-2002, 09:21 PM
the Ringwrath that i am talking about are the ones that are by themselves, not like the ones in the special edition box from the TTT, but like the ones like gandalf, aragorn, ones that are hung on the racks, not sitting on the shelves (not really knowing how to explain it)

it has a rounded front and a flat back

QLD
12-26-2002, 09:30 PM
I really want to get the electronic Sauron too, but I haven't found it yet. All I see are treebeards everywhere.

BlahBlahBlah
12-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Huh. Interesting. I didn't think they had re-released the Witchking. I'm gonna have to look out for that...
Thanks.

jpak001
12-26-2002, 10:05 PM
That's cool clonehead. Where did you see it? I wonder if that store got asst 5 in early. Or was it the all-white twilight witchking? I think that one is from asst 3.

I remember reading somewhere that asst's 3 & 5 were going to hit stores early (not 4 though). Mabye you saw some of these brand new figures?

clonehead
12-27-2002, 12:08 AM
well i don't know, but when i saw it it said to me "hey, buy me; what are you looking at the other toys for!? buy me!!!!!!" so i let my friend buy it! dang me!