PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Star Wars Figure of 2002

jedihunter25
12-27-2002, 03:23 AM
What's your best and worst SW for 2002? Here's mine-

Figures-
Best- Ephant Mon (excellent!! I think it's the best yet)
Worst- Anakin Outland Disguise and Mace Geonosian Rescue (my other choice would be Geonosian Warrior- good sculpt, but they can't stand and no holes for action stands)

Deluxe Figures-
Best- Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike
Worst- The Force Flipping series

Vehicles-
Best- Tie between Tie Bomber and Republic Gunship
Worst- Crashed Snowspeeder and X-wing

Beasts-
Best- Ackley
Worst- Don't have one, I like them all

12"
Best- Zuckass
Worst- Mace Windu (I like the Ep.1 better)

Unleashed Figures-
Best- Boba & Jango and Darth Vader
Worst- Darth Maul (not a big Maul fan, I guess because Hasbro burned him out too many times with me)

Playset-
BEST & WORST goes to the Arena Playset- It's the only one!!!
I do like it, but there are some flaws- Only get two pillars and the balcony is not big enough to hold enough figs to make a movie scene (Dooku,Poggle,Jango,Boba,Nute Gunray).Plus the Ackley takes up the whole arena- It needs to be bigger overall.

mrmiller
12-27-2002, 08:52 AM
Best and Worst of the figures:
Best= KE Jango Fett.
Worst= 1st Padme (Coruscant attack?)
Best Deluxe= Clone Trooper
Best Vehicle= Dagobah X-Wing
Best Unleashed= Darth Vader
Best 12"= Super Battle Droid (I just like 'em)
Best Beast= I'm gonna say Nexu even though he is really a Deluxe

=MATT=

jjreason
12-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Best = collection 2, generally speaking. Yay for Ephant and Palpatine.
Worst = Collection 1, generally speaking. Boo for Arena Padme, Final Mace, Outland Pegwarmer Ani, C3P0. Ick.

Yay for Gunship and Nexu.

Darkross
12-27-2002, 11:26 AM
HELLO....what about Bespin Duel Luke Skywalker?

Only the best figure (minus action feature) of 2002.

Best Vehicle... Tie Bomber (Definitely!)
Worst Vehicle... probably Dagobah X-Wing...too flimsy looking.

Worst Figure...probably Final Battle Jango!

icatch9
12-27-2002, 11:30 AM
I don't know about this thread. What are the criteria for a good figure? What are they graded on? These are all things that you have to find out before you judge.

No one likes the GR Mace or Arena Padme. Still those two figures are taken right out of the movie. They are like snap shots. They are great for scene builders. They may not have much play value, but when they are in a diorama, they look terrific. Everyone loves the deluxe Clone Trooper, but that scene wasn't even in the movie. I know it got cut, but why not have a Geonosian with Dewback beast pack. I mean that wasn't in the movie either, but it could happen.

No one likes the force flipping figures, but these have the best play value of all. Not to many action figures actually flip in the air and land on their feet (it can be done and is quite easy, if you know what you are doing). It's great fun for kids to flip their figures into a pile of bad guys.

So before you hand out death and judgment of a figure, you should at least list some sort of grading method. Other wise it is unfair.

clonehead
12-27-2002, 12:40 PM
i'm sorry but the best unleashed figures are darth maul and anakin, i mean look at the detail they put into maul's face, vader and boba and jango are all easy characters to design.

now i'm not saying that they are bad figures, i mean i like jango and boba, 2 of my favorite bounty hunters but you have to look at the detail of maul and anakin.

1 last thing, i think the new darth vader with removable mask looks better that the old one

marcusfett
12-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Well, here are some of my choices. As far as Best Figure goes, I'd have to say that I really love Bespin Luke, Lott Dod, Padme Courscant Attack, Palpatine and the Clone Trooper and the Clone Pilot (I've yet to find Ephant Mon!). As far as Worst Figure, I would say Mace (hideous head sculpt, action feature blows), Arena Padme, and any of the deluxes (barring Nexu).

Master ToNone
12-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Best - Kamino Escape Jango - too many gadgets and goodies
Worst- Zam preview. - useless crap

12 Inch- Ultimate Jango- perhaps the best eva. Dooku gets honorable mention here.
12 inch worst- Zam -the proportions are wierd or Anakin - what's with the orange shirt and it just had so much potential.

187-Maul
12-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Figures
Best - can't really decide, but Ephant Mon, Anakin TA, Darth Maul ST and Luminara are the favorite ones
Worst - C-3PO, those remov. pads are plain ugly IMO

Unleashed
Best - Darth Maul
Worst - I like them all (although I don't have anyone besides maul) but I think Padme would be my least favorite

and to icatch9, you can't say mace and padme are right out of the movie IMO, since Mace never put up such a screaming face in the arena (or the whole movie) and padme is in a very weird pose IMO, and I won't talk about those ugly joint that take away even more of the figure...

Leatherneck
12-29-2002, 11:10 AM
Best figures:
-TA Anakin
-HD Anakin
-Count Dooku
-Yoda
-Pilot Obi-Wan
-Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan
-Clonetrooper
-KE Jango

Worst figures:
-GR Mace
-Outland Peasant Ani

Turbowars
12-29-2002, 11:46 AM
Best Figures[list=1]
Ephant Mon
Palpy
Clone Pilot
[/list=1] Worst figures[list=1]
1st wave of figures
[/list=1]

Lman316
12-29-2002, 12:16 PM
This is out of what I own. Sadly, I have not seen Ephant Mon yet, nor have I caught glimpse of a Deluxe Clone Trooper and a few other peices...

Basic:
Best: Palpatine, Destroyer Droid (except for the action feature), Captain Typho (c'mon, no stupid action feature, nice neutral pose :D) and Jedi Master Yoda (the first release).
Worst: Anakin OPD, Mace GR, Amidala AE, Anakin TA, Anakin HD, Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot, and Jar Jar Binks.

Deluxe:
Best: Nexu
Worst: Anakin with Slashing Attack and Geonosian Warrior

Vehicle:
Best: Republic Gunship
Worst: Luke's Snowspeeder

12":
I only own one: Dooku

Unleashed:
I don't own any of these...

Beasts:
Best: (only because I used the Nexu for Deluxe) Reek
Worst: Acklay (I think I might be the only one who doesn't like this thing...my paint job sucks and its articulation is horrible on mine).

Playsets:
Didn't get the Arena...and I don't think I plan on it. I'd rather get another Gunship :greedy:

End...

InsaneJediGirl
12-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Basic
Best-Bespin Luke,Yoda(First Release,NOT Council Chair),Luminara,Count Dooku,Clone Pilot
Worst-Padme Arena,Anakin OPD,C-3P0,GR Mace

12''
Best-Dooku
Worst-Zam

Deluxe
Best-Clonetrooper
Worst-Force Flipping

Vehicle
Best-Gunship
Worst- TRU Exlusive X-Wing

Unleashed
Best-Vader
Worst-Maul

Beasts
Best-Acklay
Worst-Reek(Mine NEVER worked,needless to say it went back)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Figures-
Best- Bespin Luke
Worst- GR Mace

Deluxe Figures-
Best- Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike
Worst- Force Flipping Obi, Ani, Dooku

Vehicles-
Best- X-Wing
Worst- TRU Landspeeder

Beasts-
Best- Acklay
Worst- Nexu

12"
Best- Ultimate Jango
Worst- Zam

Unleashed Figures-
Best- Padme
Worst- Boba/Jango

Playset-
Best- Arena
Worst- None

clonehead
12-29-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Unleashed
Best-Vader
Worst-Maul

woah woah woah! vader look at the detail, there is none!!!!! now look at maul almost identicle to what he is supposed to look like!

evenflow
12-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Ephant Mon is the best of 2002, and the best Star Wars figure ever.

clonehead
12-29-2002, 11:02 PM
oooooo, i don't know about that, i mean i can't think of 1 better at the moment, but i'm sure there have been better

Banthaholic
12-29-2002, 11:44 PM
I don't like naming the worst, but see no harm listing my favorites
Basic: Ephant Mon

Deluxe: C3-PO, what a cool concept

Vehicle: Crashed snowspeeder, we got a never released figure and another snowspeeder, that even included the decals to make it crashed, cool enough for me!

Darkross
12-30-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
Vehicle: Crashed snowspeeder, we got a never released figure and another snowspeeder, that even included the decals to make it crashed, cool enough for me!

Yes...I would tend to agree...but the only problem I had with the new "crashed" snowspeeder was the quality of it. Compared to the POTF2 version...the POTJ version sucked (with the exception of the more acurately scaled harpoon gun...a big improvement over the POTF2 version). It was nice to get Dack Ralter with the speeder even though many collectors thought the sculpt sucked. To me...I like getting extra pilots (especially rebel pilots), and I actually like Dack and the Pack-in Luke figures.

The Overlord Returns
12-30-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by clonehead
woah woah woah! vader look at the detail, there is none!!!!! now look at maul almost identicle to what he is supposed to look like!

Dude, you've got your opinion, she's got hers. Let it go.

I agree with Insade Jedi girl, BTW..... Vader is the best unleashed to date.

clonehead
12-30-2002, 02:08 PM
yes yes u do have your own opinion, and u can pick what ever u think is the best figure u see fit. yet i just can't see that is being the best figure, yes vader is cool i like all of the unleashed, great design, but i like the ones with the most detail, that would be Darth Maul or Anakin

not to get off subject but for those of you who own a darth maul, do they all have red where his chest is???? cause i have 2 of them 1 does and 1 doesn't, is this a new error i have stubbled upon???

InsaneJediGirl
12-30-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Dude, you've got your opinion, she's got hers. Let it go.

I agree with Insade Jedi girl, BTW..... Vader is the best unleashed to date.

Thank you The Overlord Returns:DI choose Vader because Maul looked too anime,too..worn.Poor Darth Maul needs a break from marketing,were all tired of him.Vader,IMO,Had a much nicer defined scuplt as well,it really captured a great moment.

The Overlord Returns
12-30-2002, 02:55 PM
No problem IJG...........sorry for the misspell on "Insane"....

I also think the DM sculpt wasn't accurate in the slightest. His face looked nothing like Ray Parks. There is no excuse for that on a figure of that size.......

teebo_js
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
De mon côté... oups!

For me, the best figure is Ephant Mon... I can't believe that I got it. I am in Canada... :p

I also like very much kit fisto

The worst: Yoda high council it is too much the same as episode 1
... and Chewbacca Cloud City Capture... I am not able to put the c3po head on the body... It always fall. And the eyes don't glow...:mad:
And i am a little bit deceive by the star tours figures... they don't stand right and have not so much details or articulation

Well Bonne année!!!
oups happy new years:p

bigbarada
01-01-2003, 12:49 AM
As I stated in a previous thread, Ephant Mon is my pick for best figure of all time, not just 2002.

Picking the worst is going to be much tougher, since there was so much garbage put out this year. Most of the saga line is complete crap and the pictures of the early 2003 lineup persuaded me to just stop collecting altogether. Picking just one that exemplifies the horrid disappointment of 2002, is no small task. For me it would have to go to:

Arena Padme

There are probably worse figures out there that I have forgotten about or mentally blocked out, but she is the one that I never even considered buying when I saw her on the shelf.

clonehead
01-02-2003, 07:21 PM
mace windu is definatly the worst figure!, i mean he is every where, especially on the shelves of Target, i mean nobody wants him. not even people who don't collect and just buy toys!

Jaff
01-02-2003, 09:14 PM
:crazed: I'm afraid there are too many worst to list sculpt and pose wised. However Ephant was great, Djas, and Chancellor Palpatine were mighty in my book.