PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here ....

SithDroid
12-27-2002, 07:43 PM
OK. So I bought my $20 worth of SW merchandise from TRU in November and they were sold out of the 25th Anniversary R2-D2. They told me to bring my receipt back and to keep trying. Well I kept trying, but they never got any more shipments in. I unfortunately had to give up my search on November 24th because I went on an acting tour for a month and just got back in to town. They are still sold out and I feel that I might have missed out on him. Does anyone know of how I can get one? Didn't Hasbro say that anyone who wants one will get one? Who can I talk to about this? JarJar or anyone, some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dark Knight
12-28-2002, 12:25 AM
I think it was just a solgan. :confused:

InsaneJediGirl
12-28-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I think it was just a solgan. :confused:

I agree with Dark Knight.Although Hasbro said "anyone who wants will,will get one"(or something near that effect) I dont think there were enough to go around.You might just want to try eBay..or..talk to a TRU manager.I dont think they would do much,but its worth a shot.

Beast
12-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Well, there were more then enough made for everyone that wanted one to get one. I think the production numbers for the U.S. alone were 70,000+. But of course you had the scalpers surface for the deal. And not only that, you even had collectors that bragged about ripping TRU off for more then they should have been allowed to get. :greedy: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
12-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Yeah, ask in the trade forum several guys had extras to trade.

Turbowars
12-28-2002, 06:18 PM
HeHe JarJar, you just wont let that go will you LOL! SithDroid, I think I can help you. You have a PM

Turbowars
12-30-2002, 09:55 PM
I guess free wasn't got enough for you. Sith droid.

SithDroid
12-30-2002, 10:07 PM
Sorry turbowars, haven't checked my e-mail in a couple days. Someone else has graciously offered to help obtain me one. If it falls through I will let you know. Thanks for the offer.

clonehead
12-30-2002, 10:20 PM
man that sucks, i had 3 of them i sold one to a vendor at a swap meet, u can try at one near u, hey it could happen

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I pm-ed you when you were on-line that day, that's OK I'll hold onto them for awhile.;)

Sidiously Darth
01-01-2003, 10:30 PM
I could definitely use one of those. I wasn't in a position to spend $20 at TRU during that promotion, so I missed out.:cry:

teebo_js
01-01-2003, 11:48 PM
I just wanted that one too.
In Quebec, there was none of the silver r2d2. I spent so many dollars at TRU. It is not fair :mad:

when I decide to go to Burlington... they were out of stock... If I want one... I have to pay more then 100$ canadian...

Does someone can help me for that???;)