PDA

View Full Version : A moment of silence for...

The 'Xir
12-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Joe Strummer 1952-2002
London's calling!:cry:

Pendo
12-28-2002, 03:27 PM
:zzz:

PENDO!

Old Fossil
12-28-2002, 07:08 PM
No disrespect, but who's Joe Strummer?

Exhaust Port
12-28-2002, 10:06 PM
I think he's was the Clash's lead singer. Am I right?

jobi
12-29-2002, 12:48 AM
yes he was the singer for The Clash.

Old Fossil
12-29-2002, 06:58 AM

Obi-Don
12-29-2002, 08:22 AM
All, great and small needs a moment when they pass. I just had a co-worker pass the day after Christmas. I wasn't that close to her but knew her for a long time. It was a real shock. I don't know if she ever really had any health problems. She always seemed to be cheerfull and happy. She will be missed by her family and her friends. It just goes to show you that you have to live each day to its fullest. Let the ones you love know it.:(

Jargo
12-29-2002, 12:12 PM
The passing of a musician who actually stood for something greater than a fatuous self love and greed is something to be mourned indeed. I'd gladly take a million Joe Strummer's over a single 'teen pop sensation' anyday. While i don't necessarily agree that Strummer and The Clash were really punk musicians, I do think they helped to change the face of music the world over. In an era where the Osmonds were holding sway in the popular music charts to suddenly get a blast like the one the clash brought to the music scene was such an epiphanous moment. Never mind the pistols pantomiming and gross out tactics, the clash and those who hung onto their coat tails gave us a great foundation to build on. Sadly we forget the importance over time of such a phenomenal anti-establishment movement as punk was. The breeding grounds of rank cover versions and sound alike teeny brats is swamping out real music from the airwaves. But everybody at some point in their life should jump around to a clash album. The antidote to all the crap that the music industry churns out in a vomiting parody of times and glories past. The clash cannot be immitated and neither can Joe Strummer. One of a kind, when he was born they broke the mold so to speak.
I take my hat off to the man effectively gave me a wake up call via music back in the late seventies. Here's to you Joe. May your spirit roam free.

mrmiller
12-30-2002, 01:36 PM

First the Ramones started dropping, now we loose one from the Clash. In all reality, it's a miracle any of the great ones from Punks hay-day of the late 70's ever made it into the 80's. Here's to you Joe. :cool:

=MATT=