PDA

View Full Version : Shirtless Darth Maul?

BountyHunter
11-06-2001, 02:59 PM
Ok This hsirtless darth Maul figure really ****es me off. Who wants to see some Darth Maul with no shirt on and his six pack? Plus, he looks like that one character from spider man( I don't know my spider man so sorry) but I think hasbro has gone a little too far this time, any thoughts?

MisterPL
11-06-2001, 03:08 PM
I like his nipples.

I'm happy with any new Maul that isn't a resculpt of the dozen from Episode I. This is actually my favorite Maul. Great sculpt, excellent paint apps, cool pack-in, and a split-apart lightsabre make it really stand out among the rest. If I could only have one Maul, this would be it, if only because of the deliriously maniacal expression on his face and his dynamic, kickass pose.

And his nipples.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MisterPL
I like his nipples...
And his nipples.

The only thing that would make it better is a nipple ring.

No, seriously...

MisterPL
11-06-2001, 06:00 PM
I know. I was honestly disappointed that a Sith Apprentice covered with a red & black tribal tattoo and a pierced ear didn't have at least one pierced nipple. Otherwise, this is still a perfectly nasty figure.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised Hasbro had the balls to give him nipples at all.

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by BountyHunter
Ok This hsirtless darth Maul figure really ****es me off.

Did you even buy it, BountyHunter?

JEDIpartner
11-07-2001, 09:33 AM
"Chippendales Maul!"

"Ladies! For your entertainment pleasure this evening... he's buff... he's bad... he's got a killer's smile... yeeessss you heard that right! Just watch where you put your hands! Give it up for LORD MAUL!!!!"

BountyHunter
11-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Na of course I didn't buy it, I have better ways to spend my money than waste it on some tatooed sith

GNT
11-09-2001, 02:17 AM
This maul figure is a change from all the other ones we've been getting,would you prefer Hasrbo to make the same Maul over and over again? Or would you prefer a change?

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 03:10 AM
I dislike this figure and if KB took returns for that reason, they'd have mine back. Cheaply made, the paint on the tats isn't consistant, and that droid... yuck.

evenflow
11-09-2001, 10:23 AM
I like it better than the last Maul we got, with that brownish vest thing. That figure sucked.

JediCole
11-09-2001, 11:15 AM
I bought one to keep on the card, as I do not like anything "Expanded Universe" in nature in my personal collection. However I found it to be a rather striking figure. I disagree about the nipple ring, I am pleased that Hasbro and/or Lucasfilm showed restraint in that aspect, I think it would have diminished the character. One thing a lot of people seem to miss about the Star Wars universe is the subtle ways it is set apart from "our universe". One of the primary differences is the general lack of painted fingernails on female characters (with a few exceptions) and the lack of earrings and other Earthly ornamentations (again, with a few exceptons). I may be the only person who has noticed this, as it seems to have been lost to many commercial artists who make comic and book covers and other Star Wars art, and fall into the familiar ornamentation which is so often (and thankfully) lacking in the Star Wars films. Finally, as for the issue of, "Would you rather have another resculpt of the same old Maul design of which we've had repeated prior resculpts, or a fresh new design?". This of course begs the ever present question, do we really need ANY more Darth Mauls? I would wager that Boba Fett is neck and neck with Maul in regard to fan popularity, yet (including the IG-88 two pack and the Deluxe) we have only four figures of him, and only two are truly distinct, not just reuse/repaint of the original! And it took YEARS to get a second, distinct Fett! Perhaps it's time to retire Lord Maul in favor of the myriad of other characters crying out for a resculpt, or indeed, a first release! Yes, I would rather have a new and imaginative sculpt of Maul over the same old thing, but moreso I could live the rest of my life a happy Star Wars toy collector if there was never another Darth Maul figure produced, of any version.

derek
11-10-2001, 12:01 AM
i did something i, mr. compulsive buyer, never did before. i actualy passed on this figure. it looks ok, but i really don't need another darth maul. i am a completist, but these resculpts are getting sad.

BountyHunter
11-10-2001, 12:31 PM
Original post by GNT
This maul figure is a change from all the other ones we've been getting,would you prefer Hasrbo to make the same Maul over and over again? Or would you prefer a change?

__________________________________________________ __No Gnt, actually I would prefer that they stop making so many versions of maul.

Starfig873
11-10-2001, 03:43 PM
I certainly plan on getting this Maul. I'm a bit tired of Mauls, but this one looks groovy.

Frankly I think its cool that Hasbro made a deluxe Expanded Universe figure. Granted...it's still another Maul.

Has Hasbro gone too far? Of course not. They're just trying to give us something different. Besides just who'd want to see whiny boy Luke inna diaper*?

*me thats who! I love Bacta Tank Luke, neat figure and set.

Starfig873
11-11-2001, 09:39 PM
Well, I finally found this Maul. I like it! the post is limited, sure, but its a really nice action pose. The head sculpt is one of the best I've seen yet, and the take apart lightsaber is nifty (the blades are short though).

The paint doesn't match when you move the limbs, bah, no trouble there. The droid is neat just because it's a droid.

mrhat
11-11-2001, 11:26 PM
This Forum is SCANDELOUS!SCANDELOUS

GNT
11-15-2001, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by BountyHunter
No Gnt, actually I would prefer that they stop making so many versions of maul.

But lets face the fact that Hasbro will be pumping out Maul Figures every 2months or so,It'll get very boring by buying the same Maul over and over again,thats why we have the EU maul,its a change from what is normally made!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
"Chippendales Maul!"

"Ladies! For your entertainment pleasure this evening... he's buff... he's bad... he's got a killer's smile... yeeessss you heard that right! Just watch where you put your hands! Give it up for LORD MAUL!!!!"

So, who would win in a Chippendales audition, the Deluxe shirtless Darth Maul or the corpse of Chris Farley? :dead:

Echo_7
11-15-2001, 02:02 PM
I saw it today at TRU. I picked it up, headed to the counter. Took another look at it, decided I really didn't like, and put it back. I think this is one figure I can live without!

Plus, $11 for a crappy sculpt, I could use that money for something thats worth $11!!

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 09:52 AM
Well...

of course it would be Maul...

We've ALL heard of "STRIP MAULS", now haven't we???

jedibear
12-23-2001, 02:07 AM
....I appreciate this version of Maul very much. Since Jan Duursema so effectively captured the essence of Ian McCaig's concept drawings so well, it was fun to see these drawings rendered in 3D into a figure. It's got a dynamic pose (which really looks cool posed on one of those black circular figure stands...one foot off, looking very fierce).

I think it's safe to say we won't see Maul (in figure form) again for a while & I thought this was an effective sendoff for him.

BTW, JediCole...Maul does sport an earring...a tiny silver stud in the upper ridge of his left ear (very well rendered on the Action Collection versions of him)....

187-Maul
01-06-2002, 07:07 AM
well I honestly don't know why the most of you guys hate this figure cos I think he looks really cool cause:

1: he's an expanded universe fig
2: he stands in a cool fighting pose
3: it's a change from all the other darth mauls
4: I just love darth maul:)
so this is my favorite darth maul so far and I almost have every 3 3/4" darth maul existing