PDA

View Full Version : Don't make fun of the new kid :)

cloneemperor
12-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Just joined your wonderful forum yesterday. I've collected Action Fleet for years, and I have a website that includes pictures of my entire Star Wars collection, Action Fleet and all. I've been reading your forum for months, and finally decided to join in the fun, since no one posts on my forum :) . I'm also a member at www.fbtb.net on account of I have a large Star Wars LEGO Collection as well as my Action Fleet. I'm here to have fun and hopefully learn more about my old favorite line of Star Wars toys.

To start it off, I was wondering if all the TIE Interceptor sets came with a TIE Pilot whose helmet came off or if only a few did. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I really don't know, and I was hoping you could help me out with this question. Thanks in advance.

jeddah
12-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Welcome CE, you will find a lot of support and cameraderie here
:)

jeddah

sicqnus
12-29-2002, 09:06 AM
Hi "CloneEmperor", welcome aboard ! Great website, and great collection !
The Tie Interceptor came with and without the Lucas figure. The fan-clubs usually had the Lucas version wich had a lower production than the regular version with two classic Imperial pilots.

I will add your site to my "Collector Cola" page soon.

=============================================
Royksopp says : "Remind me"... (Egotrip).

britcit3
12-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey CloneEmperor

I've dropped by your site a few times.........welcome home.

BC3

shinakuma43
12-29-2002, 11:08 AM
Siqnus: Are you sure about the Lucas Pilot coming with only some Interceptors? I've seen quite a few Interceptors but have still never seen one that didn't have the figure with removable helmet. Until now I was sure that they all did, there was a big discussion here about it long ago and no one seemed to have ever seen a Non-Lucas set. LMK.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
12-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Warmest welcomes cloneemperor (CE) ((thanks Jeddah for getting the abbrevonym out of the way early!)).

CE, relax, you're home now. Among friends, or at least kindred spirits.

Great website. Is it just me, or do the pages load a bit slow for other foruMMers, too? I'm not one to complain about that, though, since the .wav files I have on my web pages make them load slow, too.

I saw your Lego customs, but do you have any AF customs?

In case you haven't already figured it out, R2dee2, Haggie, Sicqnus, Shinakuma43, and BritCit3 are the other resident AF/MM webmeisters/webmistresses. Some of the rest of us have pages, too, but nothing as professional as those. Glitch is our window into the sanctum sanctorum of GalooSbro. VulcanTouch is our "Ship's Counselor."

It's a great group of folks, and I hope you'll find time to be an active participant.

Happy holidays!

jeddah
12-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
....... VulcanTouch is our "Ship's Counselor."......

Yeah, and you should see him in his stylin lilac blue jumpsuit, what a schweetie :evil: :D

jeddah

darthcarlos
12-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Hi, Clone Emperor

Welcome to our universe. You'll find that this forum is the best in AF and MM discussions and info.

"Think Big, play small".......MICROMACHINES

r2dee2
12-29-2002, 07:39 PM
Welcome cloneemperor!! I, like S43, am under the impression that all the TIE interceptors came with the removable helmet pilot with the Lucas figure underneath and have not heard of or seen one that didn't. If you have information otherwise sicqnus, that would be hot!

BTW, I love your mouse icon!!:D

good shot jansen
12-29-2002, 07:47 PM
welcome cloneemperor! we're glad you found our corner of the world. :)

as for the "lucas" tie pilot with removable helmet;

i've always assumed that each and every one of the single packed versions of the ship came with the removable helmet pilot. not only cause every one i've personally seen had one, but also because on the bottom of the box, the graphic showing how to mount the ship and pilots on the stand, also show a graphic of the pilot indicating that the helmet is removable. (it shows the pilot with the helmet a bit above his head with arrows indicating that it can be placed over the pilots head or removed)

the two pack, classic duels interceptor, which is packaged with the millenium falcon as well, does not contain the removable helmeted pilot.

your web site is marvelous! really well done! you are a most welcome addition to the ssg mm section!

sicqnus
12-29-2002, 11:06 PM
This is 100% sure. Here in France, all the Interceptors found in stores had two Tie pilots and no Lucas. To get mine I had to send a coupon to Ideal when the company was almost dead (in 1997). It was a "buy one, get one free" coupon. I bought a Sandcrawler and a Vader's Tie and I received the Interceptor with the Lucas figure and the Gold leader Y-Wing. At this time it was a kind of challenge to find the Lucas figure and I've sold 2 or 3 boxed Interceptors without figure when I found the Lucas.
What does it mean to me ? Well I imagine we had the end of the production series here and there were no more Lucas in the factory. But the curious thing is that only the very last samples availables had the figure with removable helmet. We also had in the same time the opportunity to buy a few units without box (sealed in a plastic baggie) as some of the die-cast and x-rays (fan-club). Still today the french fan-club offers the X-rays X-Wing and Millenium Falcon sealed in individual plastic baggies (from the ooold Galoob factory stock)... Almost five years later. Looks like Hasbro is cleaning the chinese warehouse.

Then R2dee2, S43 and Good Shot', I'm sure you're right. The most important part of the Interceptors has been produced with the Lucas pilot... If I ever knew a few years ago that I will easily find a Lucas Interceptor in the US... Arrgh ! I came to Fao in Manhattan in 1996 and to San Fransisco later the same year and I've never bought any toy (ok, I'm stupid but I had to buy pounds and pounds of clothes for my friends...). I had to make choices.

I've attached the french fan-club magazine (last month issue) page with the X-rays.

sicqnus
12-29-2002, 11:18 PM
I forgot to say : the Interceptors without Lucas were all packaged in the box with the Lucas pictured on the back.

sergiurusu
12-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Welcome Cloneemperor! I'm pretty new here myself and the guys are GREAT! Here is the Action Fleet family :)

BTW great site!

SWAFMAN
12-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by jeddah
Yeah, and you should see him in his stylin lilac blue jumpsuit, what a schweetie :evil: :D

jeddah

...or those couple times he wore that skimpy white negligee, er..., oops..., never mind.

Hey, Veetee, your silence is conspicuous. You aren't still P.O.'d over my missing your post the other day, are you?

Y'all be careful if you're on the roads tomorrow night!

H.N.Y. !!!

vulcantouch
12-31-2002, 11:47 AM
i don't spose it'd do any good atall to suggest you simply check "all posts by this user" under my profile (which lists all beginning w/most recent), cuz that'd require you to actually VisiT other forum sections?? :p
i assume by "ship's counselor" you really mean "oracular hunt consultant" since empathy's prolly the least of my assets ;)
"lilac jumpsuit", jdah? though that color's not really in season right now, i'll see what i can arrange for 1/2/03 tea (t minus 2 days) ;)
vt

SWAFMAN
12-31-2002, 12:39 PM
i don't spose it'd do any good atall to suggest you simply check "all posts by this user" under my profile...

duly noted. ;)

haggie
01-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Welcome, cloneemporer. Great site you have! As swaffy mentioned, a few of us have AF sites. I'll give a shameless plug to my site with this direct link to my TIE Interceptor page (http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/swaf.cgi?s=item&t=AV&i=tie_interceptor). As you can see, all the info I have on the Interceptor falls in line with what Good Shot Janson said in his post.

SWAFMAN
01-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Haggie (& CE) FYI: the figures included in the Flight Controller version of the TIE Interceptor are listed on the box as:
Imperial Pilot & Stormtrooper. Unfortunately, I only have one boxed version of this item, and already have two openers of the T.I., so I'm reluctant to open it to see if the pilot has the removable helmet. If I ever get another T.I., I'll open it to check the pilot.

cloneemperor
01-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, thanks for the warm welcome, and for the info. I now know that my TIE Interceptor is cool if not as rare as some have made it out to be. Thanks a bunch.