PDA

View Full Version : Interesting unproduced Ep1 MM pics

r2dee2
11-06-2001, 04:15 PM
Some interesting pics at Rebelscum for some unproduced Ep1 MM figure packs.
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6680)

good shot jansen
11-06-2001, 04:38 PM
it's the 1st time i've been able to see the trade federation battleship in a good photo.

ater looking it over, i have to say that the hallmark ornament is a superior one to have.

even if they do release the final sets, the hallmark version (which by the way, is perfect mm scale!) is the control ship complete with all the antennae, as opposed to the battle ship version shown. so it would be a plus to have both versions in your collection!

mawhonics pod racer is too kewel!

come on hasbro! give the people what they want dammit!

bring back micro machines dammit!:mad:

britcit3
11-06-2001, 06:20 PM
I think that Rebelscum have it wrong.

I think that some 14-16's made it out of the factory.

I will hopefully have some info soon to confirm this.

BC3

LTBasker
11-06-2001, 07:03 PM
Hmm, from what I've noticed with alot of SW product, unless it's only shown in mock-up form with a non-official cardbacking, it doesn't have a chance of being produced. So most likely they were producing sets before they were canceled. So unless something official is said by Hasbro, basically all we have to go by is they might not have made them and they might have. Though if they got that far, I'd guess that they did make a good sized amount of them.

vulcantouch
11-06-2001, 11:57 PM
. . .but i fear he ain't :( of course, if some of these do exist out there, that'll likely mean we'll need to laboriously hunt em down :( one thing i always liked about mms was their Ease- ease of acquisition, ease of affordability, ease of portability, ease of comprehensive coverage of ship design depictions, ease of appreciation, ease of set completion. just plain Easy :) unlike some who enjoy the difficulties and feel they add to the fun, imo every difficulty added to this hobby of ours chips away at its charm just a bit :(

britcit3
11-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Hey guys

In the HIGHLY unlikely event that anybody from Hasbro actually reads threads in the ASK HASBRO section of SSG and cares about what we think, I would appreciate your (moderated) input into the following thread).

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2113

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
11-27-2001, 12:24 PM
Update....

Last week I emailed Rebelscum about where the 14-16's came from.

Phillip Wise was kind enough to reply to my email and told me that it was his colleague MARK who had aquired them, but they were expensive and that he had gotten them from an old Hasbro employee.

I therefore re-sent my email to Mark but as yet (nearly one week ago) I have had no response.

I'm a bit miffed at this as it was ME who put Rebelscum onto the fact that the 11-13's existed and even gave a few of them the email address of the seller who they then bought from.

It seems that they will happily take info from us in order to extend their collections, but will not help us "small-time" collectors out.

I would therefore ask you all to email this Mark and see if you have more luck than me.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
11-27-2001, 12:49 PM
dear mark,

it has come to my attention via phil wise, that you are the individual who was able to acquire the star wars episode I sets XIV, XV, and XVI displayed on rebelscum site from a hasbro employee.

as the moderator of the micro machines forum section over at sir steves guide, i feel compelled to write to you. as you are well aware, quite a bit of star wars episode I micro machines product has been tooled and shown as retail ready product, yet not released to the retail sector. some of which follows here;

Micro machines collection XIV
Micro machines collection XV
micro machines collection XVI
metal die-cast anakins pod racer
Watto's shop platform action set
swamp invasion platform action set
anakin skywalker podrace test flight transforming action set
pod racing pack V
pod racing pack VI

being a long time collector of all science fiction/fantasy micro machines, as well as enjoy playing with each and everyone of them with my 7 year old son, any help that you might be able to provide with acquiring any of the items listed above, would be greatly appreciated.

i am not sure as to why hasbro bought out galoob, if they had no intention of releasing any of the product line which made galoob so special to so many people. the true joy of micro machines is that they are small, easy to transport and play with, along with not being prohibitly expensive.

i know that there is probably nothing that you can provide or do in helping me out with my quest, but we over at sir steves guide have a long history in helping each other out when it come to micro machines, and if you do know of anyone over at hasbro who can help us out, i'm sure that we would be interested in purchasing enough quantitiy (if an inventory does indeed exist), to help make it worth their while.

all the best

richard lee roth
moderator of the micro machines forum for sir steves guide

if i do hear anything, i will of course let everyone know

LTBasker
11-27-2001, 06:56 PM
If you two don't succeed, I'll try it. Being as I do work at another SW site that has been in contact with RS lately, I might be able to get Mark's answer. :D I'll do what I can.

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 01:24 AM
Let's just say that you'd be better off NOT mentioning SSG when dealing with RS folks - we don't carry a lot of weight with their staff.

I wish I had the $$$ to buy stuff like that. :(

good shot jansen
11-29-2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Let's just say that you'd be better off NOT mentioning SSG when dealing with RS folks - we don't carry a lot of weight with their staff

i have to believe that over the years, a lot of information regarding star wars merchandise has been gained from rebel scum type folks over here at ssg, and vicey versey. isn't that what these sites are really about?:sur:

the star wars universe is certainly big enough to accommodate numerous site (as it does), and isn't it better that we all pool our resources together, so as to help each other out?:cool:

i wasn't aware that there was animosity among the different star wars information sites.:rolleyes:

are there any other advisories out there? :Pirate:

good shot jansen
11-29-2001, 06:20 PM
Richard
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of there being a substantial inventory on any of the items shown at our site. The source of the toys presented them to me as "one of a kind" and seemed very knowedgeble about each pieces production status prior to the closure of Galoob. While it's possible addtional pieces
of some items exist, I have yet to come across them or hear of their existance. I wish I could be more help, but as far as I know these items are simply not available elswhere.

Mark
www.rebelscum.com

oh well:( , at least he responded to my request

Baal
11-29-2001, 06:47 PM
I would advise a follow up "thank you" letter GSJ.
A little hiney-kissin goes a long way.
Well, with me it does.
The Devil

JediTricks
11-30-2001, 02:08 AM
I can only comment that I have NEVER stolen a story from another site.

good shot jansen
11-30-2001, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Baal
I would advise a follow up "thank you" letter

reply sent today;

mark,

thanx so much for the update. i know that i (as well as other micro machines aficionados) will probably never ever get to see any of these tail end episode I products. but when i saw sets XIV, XV, and XVI at rebel scum, i felt compelled to try and see if there might be the smallest glimmer of hope in obtaining these sets! both my son and i love the entire micro machines line, and enjoy playing with each and every sci fi micro machines product ever released. (even the rare ones! we open and play with everything!!!!!)

it has really saddened me, that hasbro, after buying galoob, has refused to commit one way or another, as to whether they will produce any new star wars micro machines product. even their comment from this past summer regarding that possibility of new action fleet, was not not very encouraging.

thank you again for your response to my request.

hoping a very happy and healthy holiday season to you and your family

all the best

richard lee roth

who am i to question the wisdom of Beelzebub?

Baal
11-30-2001, 05:50 PM
Now, did I hear that you had some problems with a Voyager MM?
What's the problem, you have a cheesy one and you would like a nice spanky new one?
Let's talk.
Baal

vulcantouch
12-01-2001, 12:43 PM
this (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=22697#post22697); so, to what do we owe this uncharacteristically generous offer? you wouldn't be tryina Bribe jdah, now wouldja? ;)
jdah: plz confirm whether gsj's voy sounds repairable to you (above link). if not, baal may save on shipping if he wishes by sending voy to me for inclusion in jdah's upcoming pkg :)
jdah: plz also confirm whether you'll be enclosing predship in pkg to gsj, so i'll know whether or not to send him b'jr's :)
vt
np: barry/mama cass, "the good times are comin" from Monte Walsh score

Baal
12-01-2001, 11:51 PM
I thought GSJ needed the Voyager, but since it is Jeddah, I might as well send it straight away, as I might have something else to go along with it.
Jeddah, I'll need your addy. Toss me an email.
Baal

good shot jansen
12-03-2001, 07:52 AM
i don't recall to many belongin's of the baal collective taking trips outta the island in the past. who's soul is mortgaged in connection with this deal?

np: eric clapton - cross roads

r2dee2
12-03-2001, 09:09 AM
Well, Baal has come to my rescue before, for which I am still very appreciative, so it's not the first time.....I guess hell froze over:kiss:

vulcantouch
12-04-2001, 03:18 PM
. . .jdah, have you mentioned to baal that u only have the 16 stmms from the le set 1, and are still missing All the other ones? :D
and have i mentioned i still seek the packaging from a #12 3-pak to complete my collection of tailender packaging (pref. 16-back, but either's a-ok ;) )? have i also mentioned you can also enclose a pristine jemhadar ship within if you wish, as mine's lookin a bit worn? ;)

jeddah
12-04-2001, 03:32 PM
:D
I'll keep an eye out VT but it is highly unlikely that they'll show up here :(

jeddah

vulcantouch
12-04-2001, 03:55 PM
. . .so much as it Baal i'm tryina cajole to put a Hand out ;)
np: paul young, "a soldier's things"

Baal
12-05-2001, 12:10 PM
Have i also mentioned you can also enclose a pristine jemhadar ship within if you wish, as mine's lookin a bit worn?

What exactly have you been doing with that poor ship?:D

I can't even get Jeddah to send me an address,
even if I wanted to send anything.
]};{>

jeddah
12-05-2001, 01:26 PM
Baala, I don't want you to plunder even one of you collection on my behalf. I am happy to search for them - it's part of the fun :)

I'm kinda going onto propr-quality models anyway :D

Thank you

jeddah

vulcantouch
12-05-2001, 11:28 PM
first, in a uncharacteristic show of largesse baal offers jdah a voy; then, jdah selflessly Declines that offer! :eek: whatta lovefest; you two remind me of that tear-jerky xmas story where hubby sells his prizest possesion to buy wifey a coveted gift, while she simultaneously vice-verseys :rolleyes:
i'm gonna have to buy Both of you a tree where you can sit k-i-s-s-i-n-g :kiss: meanwhile baal, if jdah refuses to provide address for you to send voy, send it here (along w/whatever else) & i'll enclose it in upcoming pkg to jdah :evil:
vt
np: kenlou, "the bounce"

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
you two remind me of that tear-jerky xmas story where hubby sells his prizest possesion to buy wifey a coveted gift, while she simultaneously vice-verseys :rolleyes: "Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry

jeddah
12-06-2001, 06:05 AM
You're all pigs :p
jeddah

good shot jansen
12-06-2001, 09:54 AM
no matter what jeddah and lucifer decide, i will still be sending my damaged voyager in upcoming pony express to denver.

but honestly ol' girl, if you would jes say thank you oh prince of darkness , and graciously accept the baubles of hades and stop being so dayum noble and all, , it would make all this soooooooo much easier! trust me, a pristine voyager is sooooo much nicer to play with than a broken winged one!

jeddah
12-06-2001, 01:34 PM
I know it would, but Y-O-Y take something that I am not gagging for from someone who is? :confused:

Thing is, since I joined the R2 forum, I've been getting more and more into replica stuff as opposed to toys. I still love AF and the figs but, well you know how it is... :o besides, when I finish my DS9 fibreoptic custom I am going to that website that I posted the other week with all the models for sale and do one at a time. I like the large scale ;)

I wouldn't be able to fix the Voyager mm that easily if it had moving parts (i didn't know that the nackers moved), part of my preference for large scale is it is so much easier to work with.

Thank you for your kind offers Baala, but your colleciton can't grow if you keep giving it away.

Is that okay with all y'all?:kiss:

jeddah

good shot jansen
12-06-2001, 02:09 PM
took me ...oh about 7 times of reading your post over and over before i relised y-o-y means why oh why

the only thing i can't figure out, is that about a week ago, you were otm for the voyager, and today you ain't gaggin' fer it:confused:

you ain't going through the womanly change are ya? (as archie bunker said to edith, yous got about three seconds to change, so CHANGE) :eek:

j/k

but if i wuz you, i would definately take the hairy hound from hell's offer and run with it! it ain't exactly kosher to refuse the offerings of baalzebub.

in the immortal words of consiglieri tom hagen once he's been refused a request, he never gives a second one:sur:

SWAFMAN
12-06-2001, 04:00 PM
no, Jeddah, please tell me just Exactly how ":o" it is to be an enthusiastic collector of AF, such as myself? :mad:

;)
(j/k)

jeddah
12-07-2001, 06:24 AM
Anyone else wanna take a pop? ;) I mean, I'm here, go on, but please don't touch my face :eek:

:)

jeddah

LTBasker
12-07-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally said by Archie Bunker:
Oh, geez...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D ;) :happy: :crazed:

vulcantouch
12-11-2001, 12:40 AM
geez, you sound like yelgrun (iggy pop) when he first observes the frankensteinization quark & co. performed on his fellow vorta keevan (ds9 ep "the magnificent ferengi" ) ;) i think jem-hadar VioleT must be the second-least durable mm paint color (after queenship silver :p ). my fashionable displayin of it in direct, u-v rich, mile-high sunlight during summer probably hasn't helped either. i spose the old axiom's true: one must suffer for beauty :rolleyes: so, i assume you're askin cuz you wanna gimme a fresh, impeccable replacement?? :D:D:D:(
bc3: are you aware of the "hovering" senate-cam droid that came w/a commtech vallorum or palpatine, a la the sandtrooper droid? :)
vt (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2216)
np: iggy pop's rendition of "we have all the time in the world" from barry's ohmss

LTBasker
12-11-2001, 04:08 AM
Oooh, that one's pretty cool, it has a stand that it came with that could plug into a commtech chip so it could "hover" around the figure's head.

good shot jansen
12-11-2001, 08:25 AM
last night i was looking at the boxes for the action fleet royal star ship, and the action fleet federation control ship. the royal star ship shows a picture of neva kee's podracer, and the control ship shows boles roor podracer. both packages say "collect all 16" additionally, they each show an unreleased mini scene with the caption "collect all 10" :mad:

i'd tell you how i really feel about this, but i'm afraid the auto-censor still ain't working right:frus:

dangity dang dang

JediTricks
12-11-2001, 10:27 AM
GSJ, is that an homage to "Darnity Darn Darn" aka you-know-what? ;)

vulcantouch
12-11-2001, 11:56 AM
speakin of which, in my profile i've directed a clandestine question to you two moderators :happy:
np: barry's Whisperers score

this post has been edited for phonetic reasons by gsj:sur:

good shot jansen
12-11-2001, 11:56 AM
;)

JediGoofy
12-13-2001, 11:20 AM
Another unproduced Galoob vehicle (Action Fleet Neimoidian Shuttle this time) has been reported (you can find it here (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=7031)).

So the list of unproduced MicroMachines items becomes longer and longer (MM collections, die-cast, action fleet, mini scenes, transforming playsets, gear mates, ...). :mad:

This makes me mad!
Why do they cancelled all those products ready to be produced?

Sgrunt,
JediGoofy

P.S. I wonder why all those unproduced items are coming out just now and it looks like all of them are going into the hands of a single collector. :confused:

good shot jansen
12-13-2001, 02:02 PM
quite frankly i am gettin' tired of all this:o

when i started to collect action fleet, i felt that they were the absolute best size for collectin' and playing with star wars toys. my son through the years since age 3 has confirmed this fact by rejecting anything bigger than the action fleet line, due to the cumbersome size of the potwhatever, and the difficulting in transporting all those large toys.

it doesn't suprize me at all that the old galoob team decided to make a neimodian shuttle, they always pleased us in the past with lesser known vehicles for the action fleet line. where els you gonna get a imperial landing craft, virago, and lars family landspeeder among others?

i've also been looking at the last 4 produced action fleet vehicles, (royal star ship, sith infiltrator, att, and droid control ship), detail wise, these 4 toys are probably the most intricately produced action fleet of the entire line! they only showed what we could expect down the road with this already incredible line.

i can't believe hasblow is just gonna get rid of it, and say fare-d-well to one of the best toy lines ever produced.

to hell with hasblow (sorry baal, i'm sure you don't want em fer house guests), i am boycottin the entire hasbro line until they start producing the sci fi micro machines line again. my toy money will now go to hasblows competition. maybe they'll make my world smile:rolleyes:

Baal
12-13-2001, 07:08 PM
Yep,
I think we're all a little sick and tired of seeing prototypes, first-shot, limited numbers, and unproduced items that were snagged by the hacks in Galoob and Hasbro, or available only to people in Calif. who were lucky enough to catch them falling off the back of a truck!
Eventually,
I'll have to produce my own line of Star Wars Star Trek, and EP1 MMs.
And, I can't think of anyone more qualified to nominate vessels and figures for molds than you guys.
Baal

LTBasker
12-13-2001, 08:17 PM
Anyone notice the neimodian shuttle is an upside Coruscant Taxi with spider legs? :D

JediGoofy
12-14-2001, 05:03 AM
I saw usually very quiet and nice people, like gsj and jt (and most of all bc3), are becoming quite angry after the last news about the unproduced MM and AF vehicles and playsets (see the thread C'mon - give us Micro Machines collectors a break (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2113)). And I completely agree with their points.

So I started a new thread under the "Dear Hasbro" forum in order to ask the opinions of the other collectors more Hasbro-oriented: Do you like Hasbro? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2377)

I do not want to be rude or break any rule here on the SSG's forums, but I was just curious to know if we are the only ones to have complaints with Hasbro or not.

If you think this is not polite please let me know and I will cancel the new thread. If you have your opinion on the subject please reply to it. ;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
12-16-2001, 08:51 AM
Thread seems fine to me, I just gave Hasbro a few good reasons as to why I don't like them. Maybe they'll get their acts together on those issues... HAHAHAHA! And maybe I'm the tooth fairy! :crazed:

britcit3
01-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Have a look at this........

http://www.alienscollection.com/unproduced.html

Scroll down to the Galoob section.

It gives pics of unproduced Aliens gift set and Power Loader gift set.

BC3

JediTricks
01-04-2002, 05:11 AM
Nice finds BC3, those are awesome! That playset is da bomb! (so to speak ;))