PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends Series 3 out NOW!!!

Jayspawn
12-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Just a big heads up, I walked into my 24 hr Wal-Mart and there waiting for me was Marvel Legends Series 3! And out just after series 2. They had Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Thor. No Magneto or varient Wolverine. And they are sweeettt!! What cool figures. OH, and they also had the varient Thing w/ trenchcoat and sunglasses. They costed $6.88. But they are out!

jpak001
12-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Awesome! I just found a Wolvie today too. He looks so cool crouching in front of the Hulk in my display case!

I couldn't find one @WM though, I ended up finding one for $10 at a collector joint.... Definitley well worth the $10 though! Can't wait to score the other 3!!

Jayspawn
12-29-2002, 11:58 PM
You said it. If these figures look this good, I wonder how cool the X2 figures are gonna look.

kadamontaga
12-30-2002, 10:57 AM
I just found a Wolvie today too. He looks so cool crouching in front of the Hulk
Ooh err!:p

ConvergeDW
12-30-2002, 04:45 PM
Superherohype has pics of the X2 figs, they look just like the last ones. I will try to get a link.

ConvergeDW
12-30-2002, 04:49 PM
ok it's gone, but there are Pics in the Jan. issue of Previews.

jpak001
12-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
found a Wolvie today too. He looks so cool crouching in front of the Hulk

uummmmm, that DID sound kinda bad didn't it. He's crouching in front of the Hulk, but he's facing away from him! :eek:

Eternal Padawan
01-29-2003, 05:14 PM
That sounds no better... :rolleyes: :eek: :)

But seriously. I'm really here to announce the 4th wave of Marvel legends.

Gambit
Punisher
Goliath(along with teeny Wasp and Ant Man figurettes)
Elektra (hooray! The first Marvel Legendette!)
and that other guy...whose name escapes me...errrr...help me out guys.

But seriously... All heroes? Where's the Red Skull? or Kingpin? Or even Apocalypse. Heck, I'd settle for Loki. Just bring on the villains. Dr Doom and Magneto are getting bored having to fight over Toad as the only lackey to push around.

Eternal Padawan
01-29-2003, 05:22 PM
The Beast.

Marvel Legends (http://www.scifiwarehouse.com/acatalog/Marvel_Legends_Series_4.html)

jjreason
01-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Sadly, I think Im out on this wave. No characters I love there, and Im fighting my natural completism tooth and nail right now with these and Lord of the Rings. I think I can hold off on these for sure. Loki would be great...I might have to resort to picking up the DC Direct MAGOG figure from Kingdom Come - now those look like beautiful figures.

jpak001
01-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Sweeet! I'm mosly excited about Punisher. The rest are cool, but they really should've given us a villian instead of Goliath (would he really be considered a Marvel Legend anyway?). Or maybe even two villians since there's 5 figures now...

I mean c'mon, so far we only have two Marvel Legends villians (Toad doesn't count in my book, he's no Marvel Legend). Red Skull would've been perfect, or even another X-villian (like Apocalypse). I also don't really care for the fact that there's 5 figs per asst now (I know they started this w/series 3 = "variant" Movie Daredevil). One of the main things I liked about ML was that it wasn't killing my bank account to collect the series.

If it gets up to 6 figures per series, I'll be in trouble :rolleyes:

Damn, an Electra too. If I had know that was coming out I wouldn't have bought the Marvel Select version......

I AM still excited about Punisher though!:D

jpak001
01-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for the news & link Eternal Padawan!

Prince Xizor
01-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Gambit! Yes! Yes! Yes! I love Gambit, he is the coolest X-Man by far.

I will be getting Gambit, Beast, Elecktra, and Punisher figures from that line. Forget Goliath.

QLD
01-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Hmmm....I haven't found wave 3 yet, but wave 4 is not exciting to me.

I don't remember Elektra, or Goliath. Though I do know Wasp.

I never liked Punisher really......

ANd never being a big X-Men fan, I am borderline on Gambit and Beast.

I MIGHT pick up Beast and Gambit.....but I don't think I'l get the others.

And I definately want more villians.

jjreason
01-31-2003, 03:44 AM
You guys all know about the "Marvel Selects" figures they're launching this year? They are Legends quality figures distributed through DIamond (the people who move comics every week) and only available through preorder at your local comic shop. The first one hits in Feb (I think, though it may not be til March). It's Elektra, with a new Wolverine from the Origin limited series slated in the #2 spot for Mar/Apr. This one rocks, it comes with 3 wolves on the base! I would recommend looking into these now if you like the Legends. Price may very well be an issue.

kadamontaga
01-31-2003, 07:13 AM
jjreason, your info on Marvel Select figure isn't quite right.
They're 7" scale figures released monthly with very little articulation. So far Spiderman, The Punisher, Elektra and Captain America have been released, with Wolvie coming soon. I've seen all the releases to date in stores and I'm not impressed. They do come with nice backgournd/diorama pieces, but the sculpts aren't outstanding and the articulation is poor. I can understand their appeal, but they price-point is very high for the figure you're getting.

That said, I can't wait for Black Cat :crazed:

Eternal Padawan
01-31-2003, 12:15 PM
I just saw the Marvel Select Ultimate Iron Man figure. SWEET. it's too bad I'm not getting these puppies. They seem more like action statues to me. The Ultimate Cap looked pretty cool too.

jpak001
01-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Yeah, the Marvel Select's are nicely done. It's just that with Marvel Legends, who needs another series of Marvel characters?

I was tempted at the Punisher, but I'm glad I didn't get it now (since there's a ML one coming out). I bought the Elektra because I thought "they would NEVER make her into a Marvel Legends figure". So I got her to stand up next to my Spidey Classics Daredevil: Guess I was wrong huh?

The Elektra is very nice. Interchangeable legs (standing tall, or w/legs spread in action pose), interchangeable forearms (to hold the different types of weapons she comes with), very nice paint job, and a huge castle-type display stand.

The stand is cool. There's a door that opens in the back of it with little slots to store her un-used weapons, extra arms, etc... Just a very well-done action figure. Unfortunately they are out of scale with Marvel Legends figures (she stands as tall as Thor with her "standing tall" legs). I think Elektra is an exception with the extra legs, etc.... I'd say rest are comparable to the Star Wars Unleashed line = more like statues.

They are very nice looking though!

QLD
01-31-2003, 07:28 PM
I finally just got Human Torch, Thing, Submariner, and Dr. Doom.

They are sooooo awesome. Especially The Thing.

I can't wait to get my hands on Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Magneto, and Thor. Maybe one day.

jpak001
01-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Right on man! Wait 'till you get series 3, so far I think it's the best yet out of Marvel Legends.

It's Toybiz stuff, so it'll be around eventually. KB's by my house are still getting series 1 in..

Eternal Padawan
02-01-2003, 07:54 AM
The K-B at my mall just closed. Permanently. :(

But it's okay. What with Muppets and Marvel Legends, my new toy stores are actually Sam Goody and Electronics Boutique. They seem to be the only stores that carry them on a regular basis.

I may get that Ultimate Iron Man because you can justify him being bigger than the MLs because he's huge and battle armor like.

jjreason
02-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the update. Looking at the pics of the Wolverine in Previews there seems to be a definite lack of the usual ML articulation points. I think I'll hold off - trying to learn to get a way from completism - but it looks very cool. There is an Ultimate Cap coming too, with an army helmet on....looks cool as well.

aharry
02-01-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm happy that they are making a Goliath figure although I wish they would do something different for Ant-Man and Wasp, even though Ant-Man and Goliath were both the same person. Maybe they should have made a Henry Pym figure instead, but that would probably be too boring. Anyhow, if they make a Wonder Man, Hawkeye, Vision, and maybe Falcon, I would have nice little Avengers collection going. That'd be cool.

jjreason
02-02-2003, 12:58 AM
It could be the Scott Lang Ant Man.....:)

Im really surprised with the choices for wave 4. We don't even have Invisible Girl/Woman yet, and we're getting Gambit? Id rather have had Cyclops or Phoenix (with an awesome Dark Phoenix repaint variant) than him. To me, "Marvel Legends" are the Silver Age characters, regardless of which Uniform they choose.

Eternal Padawan
02-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I was hoping for Cyclops, Iceman and Angel first.

And a sweet Silver Surfer. Norrin Radd is the Shizznit.

And did I mention more villians?

VILLAINS ARE LEGENDS TOO!

12inch Lando
02-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Where is series 3 showing up? I can't find these guys anywhere. I didn't much care for series 1 but I love series 2. J. Storm (the Human Torch) looks quite a bit different then I remember from my comic book collecting days (early to mid 80s) Has his look changed that much in the current issues? The Thing looks awsome but should be a good bit stockier. Great none the less. Doom is impressive. Sub-Mariner is a good sculpt with a great water effect stand. You just gotta find the right pose which seems to make all the diffence in the world with these figures.

12inch Lando
02-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Semi-obscure Marvel Legend wants.

Power Man
Wonder Man
She-Hulk
The Watcher
Silver Surfer
Galactus
The Falcon
Hawkeye
Juggernaut
Vision
Vision (White variant)
THANOS!!!
Dr. Strange
The Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Firefox
Mephisto
Colossus
Warlock
Let me stop there... I just realized that I could go on with this forever. This line could last for a while if they want it to and Hasbro doesn't seem to want my money much anymore so ToyBiz, now is a good time to get these things out the door.

QLD
02-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Hasbro doesn't seem to want my money much anymore so ToyBiz, now is a good time to get these things out the door.

AAANNNNNDDDD HOW!

They really need to make these things more available.

Prince Xizor
02-02-2003, 06:12 PM
God, how I would love a Juggernaut Legends toy. Or an Apocalypse. Either would be just fine by me....

Eternal Padawan
02-03-2003, 01:41 PM
A buddy of mine found a Ben Affleck Daredevil. He said thay are shipping in the Wal-Mart collections...when those show up every other blue moon. :mad:

He also snagged an elusive Magneto at TRU. The only Legend I am missing. And a villain I might add.

VILLAINS ARE LEGENDS TOO.

jpak001
02-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah, does ToyBiz have something against Villains or what? Where's Red Skull and Thanos ??????

I saw one of those Daredevils at Frank-n-scalp for (can you believe this?) $60! You have to be kidding me, these scalpers will try to charge ANYTHING for a MLvariant.

That Daredevil isn't even that great, I wouldn't pay more than $10 (and that would be only to keep the collection complete) I think this Daredevil will be around in much bigger numbers soon (especially with the movie coming out).

I think Magneto is starting to show up more too (I found mine at Electronics Boutique). Now that's a mighty-nice figure!

jjreason
02-03-2003, 03:48 PM
As soon as I have the full FF and a good Silver Surfer figure from ML, Im going to get my daughter dressed up as Galactus and let her wage war on the Marvels. Should be good for some Marvel themed home movie action!!!

Oh, and - Villains ARE legends, too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingpin
Green Goblin
Kang
Mandarin
Bullseye(!!)
Electro
Kraven (coming soon in the Spidey line?)
Carnage (not a great character, but would be a neat toy)
Juggernaut (bloody hell, asap!!!)
Vulture
White Queen (okay, maybe this'll take a little "creative cover-up")
Loki and Enchantress (right away)

They could literally have 2 waves of just villains, and the world would rejoice. VILLAINS VILLAINS VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNS!!

:D

12inch Lando
02-04-2003, 04:36 AM
I found Wolverine yesterday at Wal-Mart and just got home from a late night Wal-Mart run and scored big. Thor, blue Iron-Man and Ghost Rider. Sorry QLD, I ran out of cash. Speaking of bad guys how about Annihilus? Great FF4 villain back in the day.

12inch Lando
02-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Come on ToyBiz! Tell me Thanos wouldn't make a great Marvel Legends Figure.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=180

That's the Infinity Gauntlet on his left hand kiddies... Ed*

QLD
02-04-2003, 03:17 PM
It's all good 12" Lando, I actually ordered them on ebay today, for a pretty reasonable price. I should have them in a few days.

And I would kill for a Thanos! Well, maybe not kill....but seriously harm someone.

aharry
02-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Galactus would rock as well. Especially if they somehow manage to make a larger figure for him. It doesn't have to be to scale, but maybe double the size of the bigger figures like Hulk or Thing. I'd be willing to pay a little more for the extra plastic to make him.

Prince Xizor
02-04-2003, 11:08 PM
I have a question. Is anyone finding the new Marvel Legends line (Magneto, Wolvie...) on any other stores besides Walmart? More specifically, Toys R' Us and Target. That is where I get most of my toys. Anyone find them in those 2 stores?

aharry
02-05-2003, 12:58 AM
I don't have Magneto yet, but I found Thor, Wolvie, Ghost Rider, Stealth Iron Man and Trenchcoat Thing all at the same time at Wal-Mart.

jpak001
02-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Nope, I found a Magneto at a video game store in the mall. I got the others at aftermarket (for $10 each).

They'll be around though, ToyBiz stuff always shows up eventually. And since this line is so popular, I'm sure they're not about to slow down.....

12inch Lando
02-05-2003, 01:18 PM
The Targets in my area have a ton of series 2 only with The Thing and Human Torch being the pegwarmers. (???) We must have some serious Namor lovers around here. Either that or there are some solid F4 cases in distribution. Toys R Us has been useless. ONE FREAKING PEG FOR ML FIGS? One empty peg I should say. Only Wal-Mart has shown any series 3 goodness. I almost forgot, Kaybee has been worthless so far as well.

smurfvader
02-05-2003, 03:48 PM
The Hman Torch wave showed up at Wm first then Target then the Electronic stores, but the current wave I saw them at the electronics store first then Wm and then KB. It seems KB and Target are a little slow in getting them. I hadn't even seen the first wave of Marvel figures at KB until a month ago and Target didn't get them until late last year.

JIm

Eternal Padawan
02-06-2003, 05:37 AM
I have NEVER seen ML at KB. Ever. They don't even have a peg for them.

Target has two pegs, but they have NEVER had any figures hanging on them.

I found Cap, Hulk, and eventually Iron Man at TRU. They get them in once every two months and they are GONE in 24 hours. A guy I work with got Magneto there last week, so I went in and asked an employee if they had any more ML (since the pegs were empty again) and he kind of hemmed and hawed and then said they weren't getting any more in.
"Ever?!" I asked.
"(sigh) Nope. Sometimes we get stuff in once and never get it again."
I wish TRU would clue in it's employees so they don't make complete jackasses of themselves like this poor rube did. It was painfully obvious that he didn't know what the hell he talking about and he was totally pulling random stuff out of his rear.

Anyway, I found the rest of my ML swag at Wal Mart before Christmas and they've been pretty good about keeping them on the pegs. It's just I have everybody they carry. Apparently Magneto doesn't ship to Wal Mart.

jpak001
02-06-2003, 08:21 AM
I think Wal-Mart has been getting the ML "classics" assortment which doesn't include Magneto. It's got a few figures from all series so far + the Iron Man & Thing Variants.

I haven't heard of Wal-Mart getting the full series 3 asst yet. The KB by my house actually got a HUGE shipment of series one just about a week and a half ago. Maybe KB's are held up in distribution or something?

JediTricks
02-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
...so I went in and asked an employee if they had any more ML (since the pegs were empty again) and he kind of hemmed and hawed and then said they weren't getting any more in.
"Ever?!" I asked.
"(sigh) Nope. Sometimes we get stuff in once and never get it again."
I wish TRU would clue in it's employees so they don't make complete jackasses of themselves like this poor rube did. It was painfully obvious that he didn't know what the hell he talking about and he was totally pulling random stuff out of his rear. I totally hate when they do this, that stupid BS is why I stopped shopping at TRU for a while, now I just don't talk to their employees at all about "the future" - same with KB and the other retailers. Hell, so many toy section employees have told me this type of crap that I don't even bother asking about what they have in stock. Also, these employees seem to feed their fellow employees the same bullflop so much that you never know how to trust even a helpful employee.

QLD
02-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Got Magneto, Thor, and Ghost Rider today.

Ghost rider is pretty nice, though he kinda sits funny on his bike.

Thor is great, except that his legs are too small I think. His body is too top heavy, and it's hard to get him in a good pose.

My Magneto's knees are kind of loose, so it's hard to get him to stand properly too, but not too bad. But I still like the figures a lot.

Though I seem to be missing one of Ghost Riders chains.... :(

jpak001
02-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Pretty good score, I hope you got 'em at regular retail!

My Ghost Rider only came with one chain too, and that one broke (my fault, tried to customize it).... Guess I could make a new one pretty easily. I'm not sure if it's supposed to come with two chains though, the few I've seen only had one.

I customized the Ghost Rider to have an open mouth too, and that actually turned out pretty cool. Main problem w/Ghost Rider is that his Bike is too small, I think that's why he looks kinda funny riding it. Still an awesome figure though.

12inch Lando
02-08-2003, 06:45 AM
My Ghost Rider only came with one chain as well. I guess that's just the way it's supposed to be. Don't mind the picture on the back of the package.:frus:

12inch Lando
02-11-2003, 03:20 AM
I found the series 3 Daredevil at Wal-mart today. All I need is Magneto. What's the deal with him? Is he even shipping to Wal-mart?

Eternal Padawan
02-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Wal Mart case breakdowns
3 Wolvies
2 Daredevil
2 Things in Trenchcoats
1 Stealth iron man
1 Captain America
1 Thor
1 Sub mariner
1 Ghost Rider

Apparently the Daredevils replaced a third Thing and Dr. Doom.

So Magneto is NOT showing up at WM at least for now.

12inch Lando
02-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Cool! Thanks. Where is Magneto showing up?

smurfvader
02-11-2003, 03:10 PM
The only place I have found him so far has been the electronics store Gamestop, but they want 10$ for him. I'm waiting for them to show up at Target.

JIm

QLD
02-11-2003, 03:29 PM
10 bucks isn't too bad. Megneto is an excellent figure!

jpak001
02-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Just found the whole series III asst @ TRU today, including Magneto and the movie Daredevil. Looks like series III is finally hitting Toys R Us.

Good luck finding the Magneto 12inch!

12inch Lando
02-12-2003, 03:32 PM
The only ML figures my TRU carry are JACK and SQUAT. I'll keep checking though. Congrats jpak.

Adam
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I consider the 7 bucks it costs at Target/TRU/Wal-Mart to be a bargain. I don't mind paying the 10 bucks at gamestop, if I find them there first.

jpak001
02-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I had actually already bought most of this set at gamestores & collector joints for $10 each.

The only one I actually bought today was the Daredevil, which was a big score for me since it completes the set :D

It's kinda unfortunate that this Daredevil doesn't live up to Marvel Legends usual standards (no ball joints, or bicep articulation?) I'm thinking this figure might've been from a cancelled Daredevil movie line or something. It does have a nice sculpt though!

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 04:53 PM
I just got Movie Daredevil today. He's a great figure but he's not as good as the others. No ball jointed shouldrs ot legs. The figure would have been a LOT better if had those. Affleck!

gsr-jedi
02-21-2003, 01:29 AM
I was on a trip to So Cal last weekend and at a Target in Tustin, I found Ghost Rider & Thor (they had 2 Magnetos, but I didn't pick him up cause I was cheap and wasn't too happy with either of the paint apps) But I will add that Ghost Rider and Thor are awesome. I didn't think Thor was that hard to stand, I got him to stand in a manner similar to the pic on the back. I found the movie DD at a Suncoast the other day, and picked him up. I was really disappointed in this figure. I've come to expect so much of ML recently, don't get me wrong, it looks great, but no ball jointed shoulders or legs and no cut thighs or biceps make him entirely to stiff.

Anyone know anything about the Marvel Studios line? Are they gonna be distributed by Diamond like Marvel Select? When are they coming out? For those that don't know, Marvel Studios are 12" versions of Punisher, Blade, Wolverine (in a camo outfit), and movie Daredevil. I really want the Punisher, he looks frickin awesome.

Dr Zoltar
02-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Get me the variant DareDevil at TRU yesterday. Yippee! Didn't like the Magneto as much as I'd hoped. The face looked wrong. But I'll more than likely get one in the future. Wish I would have grabbed the Trenchcoated Thing 2 months back when I saw him at my local comic book store.

I keep hearing that the Torch WITHOUT the 4 on his chest is the variant, but it's the only one I've seen. And he's currently a peg warmer. Can anyone give any insite on this?

jpak001
02-21-2003, 03:14 PM
The torch "without 4" is a running change in the line. So when it was first released it was the rare one, but now that more of the "without 4" version have shipped it seems that the 1st one is the more rare one.

Although I still see both versions around, I'm sure the "with 4" version will start dissapearing. I personally like the "without 4" better, it's more acurate to the comics IMO!

Dr Zoltar
02-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Janks jpak001.

Now does anyone know about the change in the DareDevil figure? I was told that the rare version was the one with the orange stain glass windows on the display stand, but I've just been to TRU, and those were the only 2 in stock. I did notice that the paint on the left knuckle of each figure was peeling and neither had "stubble" like the one I picked up.

jpak001
02-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Hmmmmm, not too sure about the Daredevil. Didn't even know there was a variant. Mine has the the orange glass & no stubble like yours. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on that one!

DarthBrandon
02-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Speaking of Variants, which Dr Doom is the Variant one, the robot face or the human face? I have seen both today and only bought the robot face. I have to say Doom and Thing are awesome, but I passed on Namor and Torch as they do not interest the little fellow.:D

Dr Zoltar
02-21-2003, 06:34 PM
The Dr. Doom with robot face (Doombot) is the variant. Congrats on finding it at retail.

jpak001, I just searched on eBay (and they NEVER lie...ha!) to try and find some answers on the DareDevil movie variant. Seems to be an on going "arguement" as to which is the variant: orange or blue stain glass window. My guess is that the figure was packed with the old base from the series 2 DareDevil until they ran out and put in the newer base. I saw a pic of the variant Yellow DareDevil from Series 2 and the base had blue stained glass. So I guess one isn't a true variant, just that one is newer packed than the other. Much like the Human Torch with the "4" missing from his chest.

The variant I found was the DareDevil with 5 o'clock shadow. I didn't know this was a variant until I checked eBay.

God, I wish there was an easily accessable master list as to what differences there are between all these figures. It's beginning to make my head spin.

Adam
02-21-2003, 07:10 PM
I saw that variant Daredevil today at Suncoast, but I'm not a fan of the Daredevil movie toy, so I passed.

gsr-jedi
02-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Just picked up the Wolvie today at KB, and he's incredible. Series 3 seems to be the best yet, just have to get Magneto. Can't wait for Elektra, Punisher, Silver Surfer, and Gambit

jpak001
02-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Actually now that I look at it, my Daredevil has a painted 5 oclock shadow, just didn't really notice it before. I guess it really doesn't matter anyways since I already busted him open :D

The variant I'd like to score is the Wolvie one, just missed one today at TRU according to the stock dude (they had two brand new boxes, all Daredevils and one Wolvie was missing....:dead: ).

Brandon, you scored on that Doombot!!

DarthBrandon
02-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Brandon, you scored on that Doombot!!

Yeah, You need one?

gsr-jedi
02-22-2003, 10:45 AM
for the DD variant, which part is blue, cause mine has blue glass around the edge with orange in the center.

Dr. Zoltar, I say we start a list of all the variants for ML, cause I'd be interested too.

This is what I know of, everybody feel free to add stuff.
Series 1
Toad
Captain America
Iron Man
Gold Iron Man
Stealth Armor Iron Man
Hulk
Hulk w/ articulated Hands

Series 2
Namor
Dr. Doom
Doombot
Human Torch w/ 4 on chest
Human Torch w/o 4 on chest
Thing
Thing w/ Trenchcoat

Series 3
Magneto
Wolverine w/ Mask
Wolverine w/o Mask
Ghost Rider
Thor
Daredevil w/ blue glass
Daredevil w/ orange glass

If you count Spider-Man classics, I only know of

Daredevil (red)
Daredevil (yellow)

DarthBrandon
02-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Here's a pic of Dr Doom (Doom Bot)

jpak001
02-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Yeah, You need one?

Yeah I do need one, I'd love to score that figure!

DarthBrandon
02-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah I do need one, I'd love to score that figure!

Well it just so happens that I have an extra I picked up yesterday just in case somebody needed it. P.M. me and maybe we can work out a trade or something.:D

Prince Xizor
02-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Wow, I am getting ****** at my Walmart. I asked the guy today if he knew when they were getting in the Marvel Legends and at first he stumbled so I knew he didn't really know. Then he gave me some bull**** answer like "Well, we just got the Marvel Die-cast cars in, so we will surely get in the action figures by the end of the week." Yes, they always ship the cars and figures in the same week.:rolleyes: :frus:

jpak001
02-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by gsr-jedi
\If you count Spider-Man classics, I only know of

Daredevil (red)
Daredevil (yellow)

hey gsr-jedi.
If you're counting the Spider-Man classics (I do too), you might want to add Spider-Man 2099 & Scarlet Spider. Both were KB exclusive repaints of the black costume Spider-Man.

I dig the SM 2099 figure!

Dr Zoltar
02-24-2003, 01:00 PM
gsr-jedi,

Add "DareDevil with 5 o'clock shadow and Orange stain glass" to the list. Looks to me like each set has 2 different variant figures (I'll ignore the variant comics that come with them for now).

I saw the Magento figure. It's OK. I was hoping for a better face sculpt. I'd love the maskless Wolvie, but at $180 on eBay I'm sure everyone is looking for one too.

The only place I've scored these are at TRU. My Walmart doesn't have a single one!

gsr-jedi
02-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Series 1
Toad
Captain America
Iron Man
Gold Iron Man
Stealth Armor Iron Man
Hulk

Series 2
Namor
Dr. Doom
Doombot
Thing
Thing w/ Trenchcoat

Series 3
Magneto
Wolverine w/ Mask
Wolverine w/o Mask
Ghost Rider
Thor
Daredevil w/ blue glass
Daredevil w/ orange glass w/o 5 o'clock shadow
Daredevil w/ orange glass & 5 o'clock shadow

If you count Spider-Man classics, I only know of

Daredevil (red)
Daredevil (yellow)
Spider-Man 2099
Scarlet Spider
Rhino
Venom
Spider-Man
Spider-Man (Black Costume)

jpak001
02-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Pretty complete list! Only a few more Spider-Man figures though>

Series 1
Spider-Man (red)
Spider-Man (black)
Man-Spider
Venom

Series 2
Battle damaged Spider-Man
Spider-Man (Ditko style)
Rhino
Daredevil
Daredevil yellow variant

KB exclusives
Spider-Man 2009
Scarlet Spider

gsr-jedi
02-26-2003, 12:26 AM
I wasn't sure of the Spider-Man series numbers

So I think this is close to all of them

Series 1
Toad
Captain America
Iron Man
Gold Iron Man
Stealth Armor Iron Man
Hulk

Series 2
Namor
Dr. Doom
Doombot
Thing
Thing w/ Trenchcoat

Series 3
Magneto
Wolverine w/ Mask
Wolverine w/o Mask
Ghost Rider
Thor
Daredevil w/ blue glass
Daredevil w/ orange glass w/o 5 o'clock shadow
Daredevil w/ orange glass & 5 o'clock shadow

Spider-Man
Series 1
Spider-Man (red)
Spider-Man (black)
Man-Spider
Venom

Series 2
Battle damaged Spider-Man
Spider-Man (Ditko style)
Rhino
Daredevil
Daredevil yellow variant

KB exclusives
Spider-Man 2009
Scarlet Spider

I've just started getting the ML line, so for those of you who have it, how are the Spider-Man Rhino & Venom figures?

12inch Lando
03-20-2003, 05:33 AM
ML series 3 are starting to show up in big numbers at TRU now in the Atlanta area. Way behind Wal-Mart. TRU you should be ashamed of yourselves. Maybe some TRU buyer was trolling the boards and discovered our intrest.:p

aharry
03-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Yeah, TRU have been getting a steady supply of them here in Tampa for the last few weeks. I was able to snag a Magneto and Ben "Daredevil" Affleck not too long ago and complete my collection. Have not seen a sign of them at any Wal-Mart however. Not even an empty peg waiting for them to hang from.

jpak001
03-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Yep, TRU seems to be the spot for the last month or so. I've managed to complete my collection too thanks to that. In fact, the stock guy at my regular TRU says if he sees the unmasked wolvie he'll pull it aside for me.

Sometimes it pays to not be pushy with the TRU stock people :D !