PDA

View Full Version : Compactflash cards-which is the BEST brand?

BoShek
12-30-2002, 01:01 PM
I just got a digital camera for Christmas and I need a Compactfash card for it (8 megs is too small!).

There are soooo many brands at all different prices to choose from. Which do you like the best? :sur:

Dar' Argol
12-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BoShek
I just got a digital camera for Christmas and I need a Compactfash card for it (8 megs is too small!).

There are soooo many brands at all different prices to choose from. Which do you like the best? :sur:

What kind did you get BoShek??? I have a Kodak DX3600 and if I take Low-es pics (which are still really excellent pics) I can get about 45 on 8MB.

I would suggest going with whatever brand your camera is. Like I will be getting a Kodak 64MB CompactFlash card hopefully soon. If you do not have a brand of card for your camera, Kodak is still really good and reliable.

BoShek
12-30-2002, 11:19 PM
Hey buddy!

I got a Canon PowerShot A40. The trouble is that I don't see any Canon compactflash from Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com nor Circuitcity.com.

I keep seeing Memorex, Scandisk and PNY at the last two, at Walmart.com they have Viking and Edge for REALLY cheap.

I don't care about the megs, I will probably get 64 or 128. It's just what brand. Like I said, Viking and Edge are really cheap but I don't know if they are worth it!

BanthaPoodoo
12-31-2002, 11:15 AM
Sandisk is a good brand. Any brand will work in any platform, you dont necessarily have to buy the same kind that came with your camera.

I would go to crucial.com myself, & get it there as it is really cheap.

BoShek
12-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Crucial.com is even cheaper than Wal Mart!

BoShek
01-04-2003, 08:28 PM
How often are these things on sale?