PDA

View Full Version : POTF poster

broctoon
11-06-2001, 05:02 PM
I've heard of a mail away poster which contains all the POTF figures (up to the point it was released). Does anyone know where I could get a look at this, or even better, get a copy. I've tried typing just about everything into ebay, and all I came up with was a vintage one. Thanks!:)

ACPin
11-06-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by broctoon
I've heard of a mail away poster which contains all the POTF figures (up to the point it was released). Does anyone know where I could get a look at this, or even better, get a copy. I've tried typing just about everything into ebay, and all I came up with was a vintage one. Thanks!:)
You're referring to the Walmart poster from way back which had the POTF2 from 1995-1998 which was commonly called Star Wars The Power Of The Force From Ackbar to Zuckuss by Kenner. You could only get it by buying SW figures from WalMart and then mailing it in with the UPCs and the store receipt which was also limited to one per family.

Lobito
11-07-2001, 02:26 PM
Hmmm...i never had that poster, but i DID look at it somewhere...Toyfare?? or a site?? or even a mag?? i dont remember, but im sure u can get to see it. Maybe someone in these forums has the poster, why dont u ask evenflow?? he has everything.:)

broctoon
11-09-2001, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the input. :)

evenflow
11-09-2001, 11:00 AM
Well, since i was mentioned, yes I do have this poster. And as ACPin said, it is referred to From Ackbar to Zuckuss. :)

r2dee2
11-09-2001, 02:30 PM
Here's one on ebay. Good Luck (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1481914096)

bigbarada
11-09-2001, 04:14 PM
Does that poster include the Commtech POTF2 figures or does it stop at the Flashback figures? Hard to tell from the fuzzy photo.

GNT
11-09-2001, 09:01 PM
Rebelscum were giving them away weekly not so long ago :)

If I remember correctly it had the preview Mace Windu on it somewhere :)

It has everything that was released on Kenner cards, the commtech classic wave came out on Hasbro cards so they weren't on there!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 07:09 PM
I think you're wrong on this one GNT. I'm positive that the poster includes the first wave of the Flashback figures, which are definitely on Hasbro cards. It also includes the Luke and Vader figures from the Escape the Death Star game which is also put out by Hasbro.

Anywhooo, the poster is nice to have. I wish we would get one for the vintage figures and a separate one for EP1 and/or POTJ when that line dies an ugly death. :dead:

Sith Worm
11-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Good 'ol Cole got one I would love to have both the old and new versions of the posters. More so the old one so I could see the last 5 figs. I don't have!

TeeEye7
11-14-2001, 06:19 AM
Sounds like it's time for a petition, folks.

Hasbro would have no problem selling a good, quality poster (or posters....there could be a vintage-only one, too) if it were available. Collectors would scoop them up by the armsfull.

If Habro wasn't interested, maybe the Fan Club could make it a type of fan's choice item.

Even better if I could obtain a poster by turning in my half-billion proofs of purchases for one...........:stupid:

ACPin
11-14-2001, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I think you're wrong on this one GNT. I'm positive that the poster includes the first wave of the Flashback figures, which are definitely on Hasbro cards. It also includes the Luke and Vader figures from the Escape the Death Star game which is also put out by Hasbro.

Anywhooo, the poster is nice to have. I wish we would get one for the vintage figures and a separate one for EP1 and/or POTJ when that line dies an ugly death. :dead:

Originally posted by Sith Worm
Good 'ol Cole got one I would love to have both the old and new versions of the posters. More so the old one so I could see the last 5 figs. I don't have!

Originally posted by TeeEye7
Sounds like it's time for a petition, folks.
Hasbro would have no problem selling a good, quality poster (or posters....there could be a vintage-only one, too) if it were available. Collectors would scoop them up by the armsfull.

If Habro wasn't interested, maybe the Fan Club could make it a type of fan's choice item.

Even better if I could obtain a poster by turning in my half-billion proofs of purchases for one...........:stupid:

Since I have the poster, I'll try to make up the list of figures on it to clarify who's on and who's not. As far as a poster for the vintage figures, I'm assuming that none of you are FC members.

That's because the FC had a vintage only poster which includes the Ewoks and Droids from at least a year ago. I also happen to have that. :evil:

TeeEye7
11-14-2001, 09:11 AM
I'm an FC member, however, offerings in the Jawa Trader became lamer, and lamer through the years, so I tended to ignore it.

Now it's come to haunt me. I wish I would have paid attention, given ACPin's post above...........:(

broctoon
11-14-2001, 10:03 AM
I never heard about the FC poster either. I did however just pickup a UK vintage figure poster on ebay that includes Ewoks and Droids. Maybe it's the same thing. I don't know though, as I have yet to receive it.

I really wish that Hasbro would do a poster with every figure and vehicle from the POTF2/Shadows/EU/POTJ lines. That would rock my world. I also wish that Steve Sansweet would put out an updated version of the book with the silver cover with all the vintage and '95-'98 figures. The pictures in that book were just awesome. I loved the little tidbits of information in there too. Great stuff, but I read that there isn't enough interest to do another. How unfortunate...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by broctoon
I also wish that Steve Sansweet would put out an updated version of the book with the silver cover with all the vintage and '95-'98 figures. The pictures in that book were just awesome. I loved the little tidbits of information in there too.

Here, here!

r2dee2
11-14-2001, 01:02 PM
broctoon, Rebelscum is currently doing a special Anniversary contest....and there is a Wal-Mart poster among the give-aways....
Contest (http://www.rebelscum.com/fiveyear.asp)

broctoon
11-14-2001, 02:45 PM
<<broctoon, Rebelscum is currently doing a special Anniversary contest....and there is a Wal-Mart poster among the give-aways.... >

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks.

ACPin
11-14-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ACPin
Since I have the poster, I'll try to make up the list of figures on it to clarify who's on and who's not. As far as a poster for the vintage figures, I'm assuming that none of you are FC members.

That's because the FC had a vintage only poster which includes the Ewoks and Droids from at least a year ago. I also happen to have that. :evil:
Attached is the list of figures as seen from the WalMart poster. Since it took me a good deal of time to copy it from the poster, all I ask is that you leave the document by itself and not make any changes to it if you want to pass it along to other SW collectors. :happy:

r2dee2
11-15-2001, 12:32 PM
Thanks ACPin....that's an awesome list!!!

ACPin
11-17-2001, 12:08 AM
Glad to be able to help out clear up any questions about this poster. :)

Btw the figures are sequence numbered in order from left to right then top to bottom. :cool: