PDA

View Full Version : Strange appearance of POTJ figures?

Darth Sidious
12-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Recently, my TRU has been getting lots and lots of POTJ figures. So far I have seen R4-M9, BoShek, Teebo, Security Battle Droid, Ellors Madak, and the Blue Coruscant Royal Guard...guy. There were a ton of them, and they appeared at different times, as if TRU was actually recieving new shipments of figures. (Ex. R4, BoShek, and Teebo one week, Security Droid, BlueGuard, and Ellors Madak the next week.) It is quite awesome, actually. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It's damned cool!

2-1B
12-31-2002, 01:34 AM
Yes, they certainly do bear a "strange appearance" since current figures are all loaded up with buttons, knobs, levers, pulleys, trolleys, gears, motors, winders, wheels, magnets, bezels, grommets, etc. :p

Oh, that's not what you're talking about. :D

Okay, seriously - yep I've seen the same: the BoShek, Teebo, and R4 wave is quite plentiful around here, vs. the few times I saw them during their actual release.

Really, I think it's bad for Hasbro to have all of these showing up - the POTJ figs are all hanging right next to the Saga figs, shaming them. It only serves to remind me of how silly much of the Saga line is by showing way better quality from just a year ago . . .

Save for a few notable exceptions, I really wish AOTC figures were made in the spirit of POTJ. Slap them on blue cards and I would be delighted ! :crazed:

LTBasker
12-31-2002, 02:26 AM
One big thing about it is that POTJ figures are still a buck more. :mad: I'm sure it's just back stock from the stores, remember they had a bunch of stock stacking up for the April 23rd date, and then they kept getting in Saga stuff. Since we've hit a mild drought, they've had a chance to stock'em. Good thing too, only a case of the BoShek wave showed up in my area, and that was it for them.

Darth Sidious
12-31-2002, 10:41 PM
They do put the Saga figures to shame, although yes, I do like the Saga line. Today I also saw a bunch of Bespin Guards at my TRU. The POTJ figures are all the same price as the Saga figures here. ($4.99). They also had all 3 of the Silver Anniversary 2-Packs there, but I passed on them. :)

sith_killer_99
12-31-2002, 11:34 PM
I really wish AOTC figures were made in the spirit of POTJ. Slap them on blue cards and I would be delighted.

Looks like you will be getting your wish, somewhat.

Teebo, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Eeth Koth and who knows what else will all be re-issued on the blue SAGA cards.

There isn't really an official AOTC line. Just SAGA figures from different movies.:mad:I still think that was a mistake, breaking with tradition. :(

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-31-2002, 11:54 PM
It's not Bo Shek and co. in my area, but more like IG-88's, Theed Amidala's and other earlier figures coming out of nowhere. Every time I visit my local stores, it's as if time is going backwards and earlier POJ figs pop up.:confused:

sith_killer_99
01-01-2003, 05:41 AM
That's ok, one of the Meijer's in my area had a bunch of Freeze Frame Leia (Endor Celebration) figures show up on their pegs?!?!?!?:confused:

I suspect someone returned them with a new reciept, and the manager or whoever just didn't know what they were returning.

Anyway, I will be keeping my eyes open. I am still looking for the final figure for my US carded POTJ collection.:rolleyes:

Darth Sidious
01-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Out of curiosity, which figure is that, sith killer?

sith_killer_99
01-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Queen Amidala Theed Invasion

It's a long story, let's just say, I have 2 of these and neither is MOMC.

So technically, I have a complete set, but one is on a card that is soo bad I'd rate it a C-4 or less, and the bubble is...hazy?!?!?

I got it in a trade from a bad trader, I forget who now, it took the guy several weeks to get it to me. I sent his stuff out and he kept e-mailing me asking "what figures were we trading for again" then I get the thing and it looks like it's spent months on the clearance rack.:mad:

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

There isn't really an official AOTC line. Just SAGA figures from different movies.:mad:I still think that was a mistake, breaking with tradition. :( Yes, I totaly agree. I think we should have got a new line with a new card to go with it!

2-1B
01-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Looks like you will be getting your wish, somewhat.

Teebo, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Eeth Koth and who knows what else will all be re-issued on the blue SAGA cards.

There isn't really an official AOTC line. Just SAGA figures from different movies.:mad:I still think that was a mistake, breaking with tradition. :(

Nice try ! :D

I'm talking about POTJ-quality AOTC figs. :crazed:
There are some I REALLY enjoy, like Typho and Dex but I'd love a POTJ style Ani and Obi, and several others which I won't list.

A new Endor Han would have been GREAT for POTJ, instead they released that . . . thing :D . . . on a Saga card.

BanthaPoodoo
01-02-2003, 12:17 PM
I just saw two TIE Bombers & a X Wing at my Wal-Mart!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!!

sith_killer_99
01-02-2003, 05:39 PM
X-Wing??? At Wal-Mart?

Do you mean and Action Fleet Micro Machines X-Wing?

Turbowars
01-02-2003, 05:41 PM
X-WING at WM???

Old Fossil
01-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Not the POTF2 Electronic X-Wing?..

JediDBM
01-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Darth Sidious, do they still have the R4-M9 figure? Is so, where are you, that is one fiigure never sold in this area. Drop me a PM if you get a chance, please?

BanthaPoodoo
01-08-2003, 09:57 AM
The X Wing I saw was the the Hoth Battle X-Wing (WM Exclusive) & 2 TIE Bombers (WM Exclusives)

The only Action Fleets I have seen are a bunch of Episode I AF's at a local Fred's Dollar store.

Darkross
01-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
The X Wing I saw was the the Hoth Battle X-Wing (WM Exclusive) & 2 TIE Bombers (WM Exclusives)

The only Action Fleets I have seen are a bunch of Episode I AF's at a local Fred's Dollar store.

What Hoth Battle X-Wing are you referring to? I don't recall a WM exclusive of the X-Wing? Was it from the Action Fleet set? Do you have a picture?

sith_killer_99
01-08-2003, 05:53 PM
I think he means the Snowspeeder.;)

BanthaPoodoo
01-08-2003, 07:39 PM
HOLY SHIZNET!!!!! How could I make a mistake like that.........

::slaps head:: yes, thats what I meant, snowspeeder, snowspeeder, snowspeeder.

Sorry for the confusion........

Turbowars
01-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Man I haven't slept for days thinking about that. Now I can rest.:)

BanthaPoodoo
01-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I dont know what I was thinking... all I could think of was Xwing Xwing Xwing.....

sorry for the confusion.....

TheDarthVader
01-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Could someone pick me up a POTJ Coruscant Guard if they have one in their area? We are all sold out here...let me know email me please at untyl@aol.com Thanks!!!!!!

Patient Zero
01-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Recently, my TRU has been getting lots and lots of POTJ figures. So far I have seen R4-M9, BoShek, Teebo, Security Battle Droid, Ellors Madak, and the Blue Coruscant Royal Guard...guy. There were a ton of them, and they appeared at different times, as if TRU was actually recieving new shipments of figures. (Ex. R4, BoShek, and Teebo one week, Security Droid, BlueGuard, and Ellors Madak the next week.) It is quite awesome, actually. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It's damned cool!

I'll do you one better! I was at TRU last week and they had Anakin, Palpatine and Darth Maul from the first wave release of EP1. Now that is strange!

Rogue II
01-10-2003, 01:43 PM
I saw the same thing at TRU.. There were about 6 pegs of just Episode 1 Naboo Anakin and Darth Maul. Very strange.

bobafett07728
01-10-2003, 02:21 PM
I could go for seeing a Tie Bomber and a Snowspeeder at my local Wal Mart. That would be VERY cool. With my luck I'll probobly just find a set of Episode I Light Up Figures. #$&@!#$#@&$ Wal Mart!!!!

TheDarthVader
01-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I went to TRU and saw just a few POTJ figures: bespin guard, ellorrs, sabe...I talked with someone whom I talk to every time I go in and she said that TRU was pulling all of their inventory, new and old, out and putting it on the shelves...everything that have. Maybe that explains some of these weird appearances.

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 06:24 PM
I have heard from a good friend of mine, that we might see the POTF2 yellow and blue FF waves at TRU. Could be a rumor, I hope so.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2003, 06:29 PM
FF Weequay, Sandtrooper, TIE Pilot and Fett for $1.97 each!

A collector can dream.

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 06:36 PM
LOL, I'm sure no Weequay will be there. I'd probably pass out if I saw a US FF Weequay for 1.97, after a paid $300 for mine.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Three-hundred dollards....

That's a lot, like a zillion.

LOL, mine is the Canadian version, but I only paid $8.00 for it, and it is in excellent condition.:)

But I did find my Swimming Jar-Jar, R2-B1 and TC-14 at TRU for $1.97 each.:D

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Three-hundred dollards....

That's a lot, like a zillion.

LOL, mine is the Canadian version, but I only paid $8.00 for it, and it is in excellent condition.:)

But I did find my Swimming Jar-Jar, R2-B1 and TC-14 at TRU for $1.97 each.:D Well you scored on the Canadian version. I paid $30 for mine, before I dropped the 3 bills on the US one. I to got R2-1B and TC-14 for 1.97 at TRU. I got sets, but my R2's bubble was dented on both. Swimming Jar was a different story. I stupidly bought one on e-bay for 20 bucks and about a week later they dropped to like 10. I guess you win some and loose some.