PDA

View Full Version : Stores discontinueing Star Wars

JediDBM
12-31-2002, 11:20 AM
Why is every store I have been to in search of Star Wars items (toys) clearing out everything they have got? The Star Wars section continues to get smaller and smaller. I am not talking about just one store, it seems as though all of them are cutting back to nothing. :mad:

Patient Zero
12-31-2002, 11:36 AM
Without the hype of the theatrical release or the DVD release, it makes sense that you are not seeing the large amount that you once did. It seems to me that most children have an "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. Retailers know this and only order what they think will not sit on the shelf for too long. Now that xmas is over you will probably see even less.

And what about collectors? Well, I would say that children are the reasoning behind the amount ordered by retailers and not the collectors. I mean, they are toys after all!

They're not dolls, they're ACTION FIGURES!;)

JediDBM
12-31-2002, 01:30 PM
You bring up very valid points, so where does a collector turn to find the stuff that never makes it the shelves? Walmarts, Kmarts and Targets in this area aren't picking up anything new and are shrinking their Star Wars sections daily. Ebay is all about making money and going to the highest bidder. Toys R us and KBToys have put everything on clearance, it is very depressing. :confused: You are absolutly right, they are NOT dolls, they are action figures, but my response has always been,"they re not toys, it is a collection!!!;)

clonehead
01-01-2003, 12:30 AM
well i haven't come upon that yet, but of coruse there will be less and less figures, because the public doesn't want them and they want new things

but as collectors we always want MORE!!!!

lol

Jayspawn
01-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Stores will not discontinue to sell Star Wars for years to come- it's a money maker. Stores always slow up on Star Wars things after Christmas. Thats the way its always been. In the next month or two, we'll see some new stuff out. We'll have to be patient until then.

On the other had, Target has their big clearence sales after Christmas and usually have some good stuff for great prices.

Kidhuman
01-01-2003, 03:14 PM
My guess is that all the stuff on the pegs already is old. The old stuff everybody already has. It continues to slow down sales, and then they make it a smaller section with all the older stuff taking up the space. The Wal-Mart by me continues to have the old stuff on their shelves. The shelves are stocked by the Hasbro Rep. according to 2 of the workers there. They dont even get cases in. When the rep comes and puts newer stuff out it sells within hours. I was lucky enough to find alot of newer stuff at Christmas that I needed. I still need a Djas Phur. I have never seen one in a store around here. All I have are 2 Wal-Marts and a Target. The nearest TRU is an hour away

JediDBM
01-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey Kidhuman, wish we could have had this converstaion about two months ago, Djas Phur was one of the figures at Walmart here that they had an over-abundance of. Could have gotten you all of the Djas Phurs that you wanted. :( If anybody is looking for her, Padme in Naboo fighter uniform is the "over-abundant" figure right now at our Walmart. Let me know if I can help. Maybe we can ALL help each other out, if you are having problems finding something that is suppose to be out. I would say, I need help finding a Ephant Mon, but from what I am reading, everybody is having troubles finding that one.

clonehead
01-01-2003, 05:15 PM
i have now come upon the same fate. i went to Target and they are now clearance items, 4.79 instead of 4.99, and all, and i mean ALL, they have is Mace

JediDBM
01-01-2003, 05:56 PM
$4.29 here (at Target) even cheaper than Walmart now. Kmart has marked all figures down $2.99 now.

clonehead
01-01-2003, 10:51 PM
dang, no wal marts around me!!!!

by the way is everyones Targets having an onslot of Mace's??

metaljedi
01-02-2003, 03:43 AM
Not at my Target the only figures up there are the Accessory Sets. Now these need to be on clearance.

JediDBM
01-02-2003, 08:19 AM
The accessory sets wont go on clearance yet. I still need two of them, now after I get those two and have paid full price for them, then Target will mark them down;)

clonehead
01-02-2003, 06:23 PM
lol, where do u all find your unleashed figures??? i can only find them at TRU, and i'm pretty sure i have seen 1 or 2 at target and wal mart, but is there any places that sell them constantly???

abell748
01-03-2003, 08:24 AM
My Target had about 15 Mace's and 2 other figures. Why didn't the Hasbro reps take him back or did Target get 'special' Mace only cases?

sunshine
01-03-2003, 10:16 AM
My Wal-Mart only has had Zam Figures for 3 months now, never got anything new.

Turbowars
01-04-2003, 10:56 AM
One of the reasons that the stores don't have much is because inventory is coming up soon.

QLD
01-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Because they suck?

I am being half sarcastic.....

half......

JediDBM
01-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Walmart has nothing but Padme and Jango Kamino escape. Kmart is Bespin Luke and Darth Vader. Target is Mace Windu, and the action fleet series, only four different items there.

kool-aid killer
01-04-2003, 12:37 PM
The four walmarts, four kbs, two shopkos, and two kmarts in the omaha/council bluffs area have the same old figures. (sam, mace, padme pilot, etc.) The only target in my area that gets newer figures is in council bluffs all the other targets are full of accessory packs. Oh yeah all the tru's have a sad selection too. Hey kidhuman, I ll keep an eye out for Djas Phur im pretty sure that hes keeping some pegs warm in my town with those other chumps i mentioned.

BoShek
01-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Djas is often one of the four of the KayBee four pack so check that out!

Vortex
01-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Just a little side information about retail sales of star wars.

The retail stores send their toy buyers to the big toy shows, or talk with the various toy maker reps. They look at the toys, look at the data about how kids responded to tests and make a judgment about how much to PRE-ORDER...I don't know if I can stress this enough...but the retailers take a chance and hope the toys sells well.

They place a large pre-order for x amount of cases. When and if the toy sells well, they either re-order more, or take the money and run. Or pre-order later assortments depending on how well the line sells.

In the case of star wars figures. All the cases are pre-ordered and paid for in advance by the retailer like Target. Target puts the figs out, hopes for the best, and tries to turn a profit on the figures. If the line is selling well, they pre-order more assortments, and keep turning the profits. If the line sells poorly after a while, they either stop pre-ordering cases, or drastically cut back on their pre-orders. If a region like wisconsin, minnesota has poor sales and texas and west virginia have great sales they will send the figures and cases to the hot areas and minnesota and wisconsin won't get any figures. Its just a marketing and sales factor more than anything. Certain areas get junk or nothing and others get everything.

To paraphrase The Ghost of Jonna...outta sight outta mind. The movie is out of the theaters, kids attitudes, and play habits change faster than a blink. The sales have been poor, and episode I figures to an extend did episode II figures in. Retailers don't want to risk another bad investment. So I'm guessing that pre-orders have been in a large decline.

6-8 months before Episode II figures hit the shelves, there were many retailers here in minnesota that didn't carry or have any star wars figures on the pegs. The sales where bad enough were the home offices of those stores chose not to supply they stores with new figs due to their poor sales. And if you look at things now, the cycle is repeating. We have peg warmers, 20 of one figure, and figures kids don't want.

When I worked at toys r us back in the day one of my bosses once told me that just because a toy is made doen't mean a store will have it or sell it. And if you look at it from a store perspective star wars isn't a good investment.

There are 12 figures in a case, and lets say a store gets 20 cases.
That 240 figures to sell. On average there's 2-4 new figures per case. Lets just assume 4 for this example. That's 80 new figures and most times the remainder are peg warmers or old figures. That's a loss on 160 figures that probably won't sell. I can see why stores drastically cut back. They don't even make money on half the figures most times.

But they aren't discontinued, just not frequently pre-ordered.

I know I ramble, but you never know, it might have cleared things up a little...

wicket5
01-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Sales haven't been bad people make way to big of a deal of this I know in one region of a big chain they have sold just under 200,000 and have just over 10,000 left. That's pretty good sales and a good investment for the stores. Especially since once those extras go on clearance it is almost always hasbro who takes the loss as they just lower the cost. This idea that they don't sell and kill the stores is nothing more than a myth.

Jaff
01-05-2003, 01:10 AM
The truth is Christmas, inventory, plannograms, and sales are all a factor here. In February things will be back to normal despite everyones worst fear. Every year this discusion is birthed. Everyones asking what happens next, is it coming to an end, is it not popular any more. The truth is that Hasbro is going to focus on collectors this year to keep their line alive. The multi packs are clear evidence of this. I think we're in store for a magnificent year of toys. January just sucks to put it mildly. It will get better. It always has and it will until one year after Episode III's release date.

Vortex
01-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by wicket5
Sales haven't been bad people make way to big of a deal of this I know in one region of a big chain they have sold just under 200,000 and have just over 10,000 left. That's pretty good sales and a good investment for the stores. Especially since once those extras go on clearance it is almost always hasbro who takes the loss as they just lower the cost. This idea that they don't sell and kill the stores is nothing more than a myth.

If it is such a money maker, please explain to me why displays are downsized, why wal-mark shipped a butt load back prior to and durning the holidays, if they are a money maker? *I believe the got a refund on figures or credit on future orders myself...cause I have yet to see wal-mart with new figures or and expanded section.* And why big retailers in the St. Paul area stopped displaying star wars figures after a period of time?

You might have information about one region, but that does little to justify a chain making a good profit on them. Retailers have already spoke then minds about specific figures not selling.

And just to clarify...hasbro doesn't take the loss on clearance, the stores do. Hasbro gets paid up front when a store orders so many cases. Its up to the retailer to turn a profit on them. Example...Targets buyers order x cases for x amouts of dollars. Target buys the figures up front for that price, then sells them to you at a slight mark up to make up their cost to hasbro and turn a profit.

Do you have anything other examples to back your claim up? I'm interested to hear why my stores cut back and stop selling star wars, if as you say, they are a good money maker.

JediDBM
01-05-2003, 02:13 PM
I dont think it is a poor investment for anybody, I think the stores need to communicate their needs to Hasbro. I.E. Look at the figure Count Dooku and Yoda, both figures are (were) a hot item, you know why? Because they were only shipping like one or two of these figures in each case that was shipped. And a lot of times, you get some idiot who knows nothing at all about Star Wars who does the ordering for the store, they probably listen to what the toy reps say are the hot new items, buy a whole bunch, then stuck with what they cant sell. I.E. When TPM came out, I waited and waited and WAITED to find a Darth Maul to come out at KMart, it wasnt until I spoke with the manager who took care of ordering for our local store, that they finally got them in, once they came in, they sold regularly and it took several months before they became peg warmers. It was a matter of a store manager listening to what the local area wanted as opposed to what the toy reps said would sell. Advice to any managers out there who orders the Star Wars toys, go to ebay, find out what the hot items for sale are and base your ordering on that. ALMOST a sure thing, that you will not have that many peg warmers, just a thought...

wicket5
01-05-2003, 02:42 PM
actually at some chains maybe not all hasbro lowers the cost to like a 1 a figure when they go on clearance and paid back the chain the rest of the cash. I can tell you for this chain every region has similar sales percentages and during christmas it was about the 100th best selling skn in the store during the holidays. and their are while over 20,000 skns. And no big chain manager gets to choose what they get or order figures the buyers order them and the warehouse ships them . Store managers are not ordering them deciding what ones they get. ANd the movie is out of theatres of course it gets downsized that's just the way it works.

Dar' Argol
01-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by wicket5

That may be one region, but how many regions are their in this said chain and how did they do??? It may just be that there is a large collector market there in that region. And what was the price that each unit was sold at. They may have sold so much b/c they had to mark them down soo low. One region in one store chain is not a good indicator of how well the product is selling. you listen to a lot of ppl here and you will hear the same thing over and over again. "My Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Target/other stores haven't had anything new in for months!" So if they have had nothing in, there cannot be any sales. The other thing you will hear is " We have TONS of X figure sitting on the shelves now for months" So if the product is not moving, once again there is no sales.

And the bit on the Clearance. Hasbro does not take the hit. I know this for a fact. I work at a Wal-Mart, I have some friends who work in K-Marts, TRUs, and Targets. Whenever a store needs to "Clearance" something, they have a monthly budget on how much they can spend on certain things. One of the things is clearance. they have their Dept Managers tell them approx how much money they will need to take these items down in price. When that money is handed over to them, they "spend" it clearancing down stuff. The store pays for that item being marked down lowewr then what it came in the back do at. Hasbro does not get hit by any of it. They've already been paid 6 months to a year ahead of time. Hasbro could care less. But the store is now having to take profit money, to take a "bite" on these items. That in turn may make them re-think about ordering so much the next time, or not ordering at all.

So what chain is this, or do we need to guess???

A small bit on WM. The resaon that SW kept getting downsized all through the holidays was that we were not receiveing items, but we were getting a boat load of Harry Potter stuff in. So, instead of having an empty area where SW should be, the Toy Dept Managers were instructed by "Home Office" to expand the Potter section, to fill the shelves and make sales on this. The new Mods, (or planograms, or layouts, or whatever you want to call them), have been downloaded to every store as of 12/23/02. The set date is 2/3/03. Meaning the Toy Dept should stop moving around by then and that will be the set through the summer.

Vortex
01-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Dar, thanks for the back up. I'm glad to see another another retailer jumping in here.

How did you survive the holidays?

icatch9
01-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey, the Wal Mart where my dad lives still has tons of POTJ (of course nothing good) figures for full price. Explain that one. Plus they actually have tons of Saga figures too. My dad likes to say they'll have these AOTC peg warmers until episode 28 comes out.

Vortex
01-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Pretty simple really but there would be many reason why. My local TRU does it too...to a similar extent.

The TRU down the road, for the holidays, unpacked all the extra junk in the store room. Tossed in the old slow sellers like ani outland disguise, those flipping delux, sneak preview figs, and green carded bespin guards, duros, and sabe figures all into bins for the holidays hoping people would bit and buy them.

I just went into TRU on sat to look around and kill time and wouldn't you know it...all the green cards are gone, along with the delux and slow sellers.

I can bet that when and if TRU gets another exclusive this year, all those figures packed up in the back will make another appearance at my store. It seems to be the new mode of operation.

Heck even when I worked at TRU we boxed up duplicates to put them back into storage. I remember at one point we had something like 5 cases of nothing more than the rancor keeper.
When the pegs would thin, and nothing new was coming on a truck, we'd reload the pegs with stuff from the back...hoping it would sell.

I can't speak for that store, but I'd wager that they are keeping everything out because they don't want to repack the stuff, or are hoping that by keeping it out some one might buy for full price. Each store is run just a little differently by the HQ or regional office. That store might be the trial store for sales, or a dumping ground for others.

When I worked at TRU we were the top sales store in the metro area and probably throughout MN. We would get other stores junk they couldn't sell, their broken stuff, and old items. We were the last on the truck delivery rout and besides our shipments we would also get boxes of stuff from various stores. We were always getting faxes from the regional office as to how to set up the isles, and what items to put where and at what price, which is pretty common, but sometimes we were the only ones doing this. We were the test store for sales and items at times.

I left shortly before they remodeled the store, but I remember the bosses and managers talking about how we'd be the last store to change incase the new changes weren't openly received by the public and shoppers.

There could be a number of reasons why there's tons of figs at your dad's wal-mart. Hell have them ship some of the old stuff to MN. Old stuff is better on the begs than not seeing anything.

icatch9
01-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Well, that's a good explaination, thanks. It is a super WM, so there is no "back" or store room to put anything in. At least that's what we are told. Everything is out. I hardly believe that but that's what they've always said.

Every store is certainly run differently. Back when most stores where clearing out POTJ I bought some figures for $1 at a WM just a half hour a way. Now that was more than a year ago, and my dad's WM still hasn't lowered the price. Hell, the POTJ figures they have are a buck more than the Saga figures. Go figure?:crazed:

Your explaination of your TRU is very interesting. From what you say and they way you discribe it's operation I've been to anothor one like that. The store was the old design (wich I wish they'd go back to) for the longest time, and they are always selling broken and repackaged toys. So, it must be a test store or whatever it's called.

Thanks for all the info.

:happy:

JediDBM
01-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Just wish they would stock new stuff when it comes out, if they sell out, order more. Same with every other chain of stores that sell Star Wars toys. What is so difficult about that? Is that too much to ask for?

Vortex
01-06-2003, 11:10 PM
I only wish it was that easy. Its the big wigs at the corp. office who make the call shots. Managers can call all they want for stuff, but the corp boys/girls have the final say in matters, and all they do is look at the sales and profits...

It would seem easy enough, but sadly that's not how its done. Leave it to some chart reading junkie to make the call shots.

Tycho
01-07-2003, 12:26 AM
NPD Funworld, the leading source of toy industry data, reported that Star Wars outsold Harry Potter, Spiderman, GI Joe, Transformers, Power Rangers, WWF figures, and all the other toy licenses by 2 to 1 margins!

In the number one spot was Hasbro Star Wars basic action figures.

In the number two spot was Hasbro Star Wars electronic lightsabers.

Those are definitely kids buying. Star Wars is strong, the license holding record sales, and it is simply that the large SW isles were for the movie promo, like every new toy line based on some movie blockbuster gets its huge rack-range, but SW sales continued to go on and on all summer.

Star Wars is totally "in" right now, and shows no signs of weakening.

Retailers want to close off their inventory from LAST YEAR and sell off repeated cases of duplicate SW figures.

They won't risk ordering too many new cases, because what are they going to do if they get Peasant Disguise Anakin or Tusken Mother with Child? They don't have a lot of control over getting Ephont Mon or the new Padme figures.

However, with every 2 Ephont Mons, they are getting Endor Rebel Soldiers, Wattos, Lott Dodds, Tuskens with Massifs, and Teemto Pegules, and how many multiples of them are you all buying - especially with 2 versions of Endor Soldiers to choose from, and another, better Tusken figure coming in the next wave?

The simplest way to explain that is that production of Ephant Mon's haven't caught up with however many earlier figures they've produced from the wave just prior to that - and they need to make their money and profits off the earlier molds - Lott Dodd, etc.

Ephant Mon should continue to ship in later cases with Padme Droid Factory and Bariss and Aayla Secura, etc.

Hasbro just rides the waves with the retailers - send out what's been produced, and hope it sells so they can keep selling the same stuff until they run out. They don't serve lunch until everyone's had breakfast - twice sometimes.

Meanwhile, stores are trying to clear out their old stock because a lot was bought for Christmas. It's all stuff we already have, and it needs to be cleared out somehow, to make room for the new.

But Star Wars is a hot property. No one's giving up on it. Especially after the success of the last movie.

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 08:15 AM
I believe that about outselling all the other action figures, but that doesnt explain Harry Potter taking most of a row, when Star Wars outsells them. It seems like our Walmart is pushing the Harry Potter more than ANYTHING else.

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Tycho, thought I would share our comments in this forum thread as well, fits more over here anyways... Tycho, if your numbers are correct as to what you will find in a case: 3 Gunship Pilots
3 Padme
3 Jango
Then that explains why the over abundance of Padme and Jangos at Walmart right now, everybody wants multiple clone troopers, but only wants or needs 1 Padme and 1 Jango...

Vortex
01-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Tycho, you bring up good points about Mon and why he's shorted. He's only 2 per case of 12 and packed with peg warmers. I'm sure he'll show up at a later date in other assortments but not anytime soon. If you check EE's website for their case breakdowns there's no current listing for mon in the next few waves. That doesn't mean he won't show up, his original cases won't ship again, or case break downs will change, but for the next few months he'll still be sparce.

I don't know if things have changed, but the only listing we ever got at TRU was the case numbers. We had no clue what was in the case till we cracked them open in the back room or on the floor. Our computer system only gave us the case assortment numbers. I don't know if things have changed, but before I don't think the buyers knew the case break downs when they pre-ordered the cases. I might be wrong, if things have changed, but I still ordering is still a shot in the dark. Some regions and stores hit it big with assortments and ample new figs...others get the shaft...

I side with you about the retailers cleaning out the closets right now to make room.

As for Star Wars being a hot item...I'd like to debate that especially after your funworld listing. Sound like they super sugar coated a moot point.

Originally posted by Tycho
NPD Funworld, the leading source of toy industry data, reported that Star Wars outsold Harry Potter, Spiderman, GI Joe, Transformers, Power Rangers, WWF figures, and all the other toy licenses by 2 to 1 margins!

In the number one spot was Hasbro Star Wars basic action figures.

In the number two spot was Hasbro Star Wars electronic lightsabers.

Those are definitely kids buying. Star Wars is strong, the license holding record sales, and it is simply that the large SW isles were for the movie promo, like every new toy line based on some movie blockbuster gets its huge rack-range, but SW sales continued to go on and on all summer.

I think that poll or that 1st statement is skewed by the price of the star wars figurs vs. the other items.

Transformers Armada, Gen 1 re-dos and mid sized transformers are twice to three times expensive as a star wars figure. The small ones I can't speak for, but the price range vs. star wars is huge. That's one of the reasons I've passed on trying to re-collect or buy trasnformers I didn't get as a kid. I shelled out 30 something for a Gen 1 prime, bought the Armada super prime for 40 something and bought some decepticon oil tanker for 30 something. The price is too high for parents. Heck I only got a handfull of transformers as a kid for price reason alone, and my parents would gladly buy a 3.00 star wars figure vs. a 15 dollar trasformer.

G.I. Joe, (Real american hero line) to me is more of a collecters item. There's no cartoon to push the toys, no G.I. commercial ever 2nd commercial pushing the new cobra commander, and not to mention the line is still relativly new. Its only been on the scene for a year or so now? I don't think kids totally know who and what joe is all about. Its geared more towards us who grew up with the cartoon. The big 12" Joes are geared more toward the war buffs, and collectors my dad's age who grew up with that line themselves. I have no link to the 12" joes and I don't even give them a second look in the stores, but my old man checks them out once in a while. Both these lines aren't your typical kids toys these day. Then lets bring up the price issue again. They are compairable to star wars, but some of those two packs are still more expensive than the star wars figs.

Spiderman was revived by the flick. Its a fad with the kids, but its what only been out a year now? It does have some cool gadgets in the line, but I don't see this line hanging around all that long with the kids. You have your old marvel supporters that love spidy, but its still too new on the market and it was hyped beyond belief this year. I think the demand is fading with the kids and old die hard marvel fans. I don't know the price range, but I'm guessing most of those figures and gizmos were more than 7 bucks.

Power Rangers...I think this line is on the skids and out with the kids. The kids who grew up with watching them, have moved on to computer games and will be starting high school soon. I think this line is all but dead. It had its moment and again weren't the prices 10 buck or 8 for some of those figures?

WWF, everytime I see that junk in Lee's or Tomarts I have to laugh. How many versions of Rock does one dude need. I'm suprised the line has lasted with kids or collectors has long as it has. I'm always suprised there's a market for that junk, but there is. I don't know how big it is, but I personally feel its a small market. Teen age boys and 20-30 something who are heavly into it. The age range isn't there for it to be a huge seller.
I don't collect this stuff, but isn't the average price 10-12 bucks for some the figs? Still a little more than your average star wars figure.

Harry Potter...this one I can't figure out, cept for maybe price, but its huge with the kids, but I would have thought it would have given star wars a bigger run...then again star wars had a large jump on harry this year if they are going by year sales. But I have a hard time with this one.

Star Wars has always been sales king. I've also read in almost every Lee's, and Tomart's actition figure guide in the last 6 years that Star Wars is always #1 or #2 seller, unless a new movie hits or new star wars figs are released months apart. Star Wars established itself as King back in the late 70's and 80's in the action figure world and no other line has come close to rivaling it, cept barbie, but she's in a catagory all to herself. Even the last 7 years its been king, blowing away the competition. Currently I think it has more to do with us as collectors and the price range for parents than anything else. Most of us on this forum collect more than one. I buy two myself, a friend buys 10 of each...I still have no clue why, so please don't ask...we've got army builders in our ranks who buy tons, throw in the custom crews who canabalize 3-4 figs for one, various ships for repaints and parts, toss in the scalpers who clear the pegs, and we're the ones driving the sales. Parents and kids who by 1 every now and again are barely adding to the sales. Granted the line is a "kids" line but WE are the buyers. WE as collectors keep it #1. On a side note - they added all those gimics to the figs for play value, but why really? Are they trying to get a larger kids base? We as collectors and scalpers are the ones spiking sales figures. Combine that with the notion that they are cheaper than anything else out there for toys and you've got a 2 to 1 seller.

I ask how they know if kids are the ones buying? I think its us that keep driving the market. If you disagree let me know, I might have missed some detail or need to look at something differnt, but I always have a hard time with data and sales results. Numbers can be manipulated to match anything you need them to say. Star Wars has aways been #1 seller when its in the market...and its because of us as collectors - we're not kids anymore and we buy more than they do. I alone make up 2+ kids. You made up 4 when you bought 4 gun ships. My buddy made up 10 kids when be buys...toss in the prices for toys today too and of course star wars will sell the heck outta some other line that's twice its price.

As for the light sabers...who wouldn't want one. I've got two myself.

Star wars is a hot line, but its just never constantly steady.

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 11:45 AM
I think even the makers of Barbie recognized how big Star Wars is/was, they even put out their line of Princess Leias and Queen Amidalas. Star Wars is still a big seller, just the action figures section seems to be shrinking, hopefully most of these cmments have some truth to them, and Walmarts and other stores will continue to put out newly released figures.

Tycho
01-07-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't think toys are constantly steady:

for parents in a bad economy, toy purchases are limited to holidays, school report cards, good little league games, and birthdays (or their kids' friends' birthdays).

All lines might slow down in off-seasons.

Harry Potter is in the movie theaters right now. Its toys could be a big hit. Wal*Mart doesn't want to take the chance that it's understocked on its current movie promo - plus toy companies RENT shelf-space at retailers. They do that for the time that their movie is the current hit, but they luck out if their movie stays a hit and the retailer keeps the isle arrangement until someone else rents space, or their movie finally winds down. AOTC is no longer in the movie theaters and its DVD release is over. Harry Potter 2 is not yet to a DVD release (I think - could care less) and its a hot movie in theaters right now (I think, again I could care less).

Oh - and if Transformers cost 2 -3 x as much as SW, and SW beat them, then it's logical that dollar-per-dollar, SW had more sales.

Barbie is made by Mattel, Hasbro's leading rival, and they did NOT make Padmes or Leias - they didn't pay Lucas millions for the rights to. Hasbro merely made them Barbie-style, versus like jointed military figures. For Slave Leia (FAO Schwartz) it looks better than the regular military-girl body they used for the boxed Leia in that outfit later on. For Padme's Queen outfits in the Portrait Edition, it did not matter - actually for most of them, as doll-stands were required to support the heavy dresses anyway - and they weren't going to be posed in any gun battles. When it came to the 2-pack fighting Padme, she was a military body, not a Barbie-style. I don't undress my figures, and I didn't try to elaborately pose my Tatooine figure, so I don't know what they used for my Padme there. The first E2 Padme does not appear to be a Barbie - and it shouldn't be. Neither should have Aurra Sing for that matter!

Collectors meanwhile, are very consistant customers that keep the line going. Kids, who fell into the previous categories, can become collectors too - we all did 25 years ago!

But collectors are either 1-2 figures of each type, or diorama builders (who arguably are the best customers). A diorama builder myself, I'd say I buy a lot - but I only needed 4 Teemto Pegules, OK. And that's pushing it:

-Mos Espa street alien to add to my town population
-Pod Racer Hanger
-Pod Race Starting block (here's hoping he'll have a pod one day...)

An extra for an EU scene or whatever. I have lists, but not handy - I know I buy 4 of every racer for some reason.

Contrast that with 25 Sneak Preview Clones, 16 Gunship Pilots etc. etc.

Ephant Mon is my favorite figure of all time. I've come across chances to purchase him about 8 times. I did buy one for a friend once. I own exactly 2 - and have no idea what the 2nd one is for and I'm just hoping for an excuse....- he didn't actually meet Ki-Adi Mundi in "Prelude to Rebellion" because if he had, he'd have been lightsaber sliced into several pieces. Ki was very mad about his daughter being kidnapped.

Maybe Mon on Ryloth....with a bunch of Twi'lek slave girls....

I digress. But I'm pointing out why even army-builders cannot sustain the line's clearing faster in off-seasons.

If I have 16 Gunship Pilots, that means I left behind me 15 Padme Pilots (as I only needed 1 of her).

Hasbro produced them at the same time, and made so many of them to profit on the mold.

Now to adjust they can quit production of Padme, or take an acceptable reserve stock to sell to new collectors in a later case where she's 1 per box, and they can keep production up of Gunship Pilots, and keep them 1 per case in every future C1 asst. for the next year or something. The darn ship really takes 4 quite nicely!

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 12:01 PM
wish the renting the space was easy enough for a customer to do, I would rent that entire aisle, and tell management to keep it fully stocked with Star Wars action figures and accessaries, lol. Good thing we dont live in my world, huh? :D

Dar' Argol
01-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
One of the reasons that the stores don't have much is because inventory is coming up soon.

WM has their inventory all throught out the year. It changes from Store to Store.

Originally posted by icatch9
Hey, the Wal Mart where my dad lives still has tons of POTJ (of course nothing good) figures for full price. Explain that one.

The reason stems back the the price sropp that happened. All the Saga figs went to $4.77, but some idiot at Home Office missed the POTJ line. I'm figuring that they were planning on having a HO markdown on it, but most Toy dept managers clearanced them on their own after they saw they were no longer going to receive them. Why your WM never clearanced them is beyond me. Get rid of the old stock!:D

Well, that's a good explaination, thanks. It is a super WM, so there is no "back" or store room to put anything in. At least that's what we are told. Everything is out. I hardly believe that but that's what they've always said.

Every WM has a back room . . . . now if they are smaller then what they use to be b/4 the expansion is a different story, but EVERY WM has a back room.

The ting also to remember icatch9 is that TRU is run differently from a WM. While TRU will pack stuff up and store it until a certain time, WM prefers to get rid of their stuff. They do not like to hold onto anything, expecially with the amount of freight a Super-Center can get in. That's why after X-Mas and what not you'll alway see loads of clearance prices. They are trying to get rid of that holidays/seasons stuff, to make way for the new stuff coming in.

Originally posted by JediDBM
Just wish they would stock new stuff when it comes out, if they sell out, order more.

If we had it, we would stock it. I've said a thousand times b/4, orders are in for the stuff, its just Hasbro is not delivering. And as tjovonovich said, Corperate makes the orders for those type of things. There is a lot of stuff that we can order at the store level. But there are sometimes those things that we have no control over. SW is one of those things.

I believe that about outselling all the other action figures, but that doesnt explain Harry Potter taking most of a row, when Star Wars outsells them. It seems like our Walmart is pushing the Harry Potter more than ANYTHING else.

As I stated elsewhere . . . or maybe it was here . . . . I don't know. But we have not received any kind of new SW stuff in a while. But we have been getting TONS of Potter stuff. So rather then have an 8' section of Empty space, Home Office said to expans Potter so there was at least SOMETHING to sell there. A lot of the Dept managers though already thought of that b/4 they got the e-mail.

The constant problem I am seeing is that unless Hasbro can get these figs out in a uniformed maner(sp), and out a little closer w/o as many repacks, some collectors are going to lose intrest because its taking them months to get anything new. Now granted, I'm not too worried right now because I really do not have the money for new figs right now, but I know a lot of ppl are getting frustrated.

JediDBM
01-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Good points to everything Dar' Argol, so it sounds like Hasbro needs to get off of their ***s, and get with the program.

JediDBM
01-08-2003, 04:11 PM
I am begining to dislike our stores that carry Star Wars toys. Went into a KBtoys this morning, the response I got was, "sorry, you need to go to any of the other KBtoys, we dont carry ANY Star Wars toys". Next closest one is another 25 miles in the wrong direction. Walmarts, Kmarts, TRU, and Targets, still only have the peg warmers.

OC47150
01-09-2003, 04:19 PM
It's that time of year when all stores scale back their toy sections. They might only have two or three pegs of SW merchandise but it will still be there.

Now's the time to get some good buys on stuff!

JediDBM
01-09-2003, 04:36 PM
I understand and agree OC47150, but I can only use so many Padme in pilots uniform... :D

Tycho
01-10-2003, 04:27 AM
So why isn't that figure selling? Padme Pilot?

I assume it's because there are more young boy collectors buying through "our case assortments" than we care to admit.

1) A case is stocked at Target overnight.

2) There are 3 Republic Gunship Pilots. They are all bought by 8:05 am because an army builder like myself was at the store, or somebody got them to throw them up on e-Bay while all the collectors and scalpers hit the stores first thing in the morning.

3) Yoda and Destroyer Droids are bought by completists, or as novelty items throughout the day. Yoda is a novelty item for people who haven't even seen all the SW films and just "think he's cool or cute or whatever." Yoda sells....

The Droid will go to completists, army builders, or kids.

4) Out of the remaining 3 Jangos, kids will pluck those up because he's Jango and the Slave-One toy's pilot. Collectors and scene builders already have him by now. He's been out for months.

5) Completists are done with Padme already. Scene builders only needed one (1) Padme to start with.

YOUNG BOYS DON'T PLAY WITH GIRL TOYS! (I'm guessing) When I was a girl I wanted Leia's figures...but Padme barely wore that outfit, and when you first see the film, you might not know it's her until the end of the scene when she takes the helmet off.

Just the same, it's a great figure and one I'm glad they remembered to do. And they thought it might appeal to the kids because Padme's in some kind of war-time getup. I'm not saying the evening dresses would have appealed to young boys any more - if at all, but I think having just the Padme from the Arena Battle is enough for them. Too bad the figure is less than fulfilling....

Padme's droid factory figure should have been released last year (2002) and her pilot figure might have been more appreciated at lower production numbers for this year.

Did I miss any reason why Padme is not selling? Do you all agree the figure is fine, though nothing spectacular?

Or is there something seriously wrong with it?

Coupled with Zam Wessel's second-and-better figure not selling, I think it's non-Jedi females that aren't doing so well, BECAUSE this is a young boy's toys line (production numbers cater to that, in other words). Padme should have been produced less perhaps, or she will eventually sell through like Peasant Disguise Anakin.

I'm all for getting every obscure character and outfit, but if they can't make their margin on their mold castings and assemly file for her, then make her a Fan Club exclusive for $9.99 instead of $4.99 and keep her out of the case assortments.

The same thing is delaying Ephant Mon as Tusken Raiders with Massifs add to non-moving inventory - in this case mostly due to it being a re-hash as well as the fact that a better Tusken has already started shipping now.

OC47150
01-10-2003, 07:31 AM
I agree, JediDBM, with you on the Padme pilot figures but I was thinking more on the lines of collectibles, vehicles and accessories. I'm working on getting the Action Fleet sets that were Target exclusives. They were nice but even better when they're clearanced! Have two and gonna get the other two this weekend!

Vortex
01-10-2003, 04:14 PM

YOUNG BOYS DON'T PLAY WITH GIRL TOYS! (I'm guessing) When I was a girl I wanted Leia's figures...but Padme barely wore that outfit, and when you first see the film, you might not know it's her until the end of the scene when she takes the helmet off.

Heh, heh, heh...Tycho you want to tell us something?

Heh, heh, heh. When I was a girl...that's funny. Then again I've been up since 3 am.

JediDBM
01-10-2003, 04:15 PM
I saw all four of them at our local Target and hope they will still be there when I get the money to buy them (Action Fleet sets)

JediDBM
01-10-2003, 04:18 PM
No, you are right tjovonovich that is funny, Is there anything you care to share with us Tycho?

OC47150
01-10-2003, 04:19 PM
The set with the AT-ST was the hardest to find. I found one in a package that's C7 at best. The dewback set is plentiful in my area.

If I can't find 'em at one Target, there's seven others in my area to visit.

JediDBM
01-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Only two Targets within reasonable driving distance here (40 miles or closer)

Old Fossil
01-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
Heh, heh, heh...Tycho you want to tell us something?

Heh, heh, heh. When I was a girl...that's funny. Then again I've been up since 3 am.

LOL Hilarious!!!:crazed:

Tycho
01-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Ooops! No that's what I get for posting at 3 in the morning!

I meant to say.....nevermind.

Just laugh it up.:rolleyes: :crazed:

Dar' Argol
01-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Ooops! No that's what I get for posting at 3 in the morning!

I meant to say.....nevermind.

Just laugh it up.:rolleyes: :crazed:

Oh trust use Tycho, we are!! We are!!

Personally I just don't feel that the Pilot Padme is all that great of a fig. I mean, its nice, sculpted well . . . sorta, and its a good scene character, but I was just not all that excited when I found her. I was happier at finding 2 Clone Pilots then her. I think they should have waited to put this fig out until later on and get to more of her "wanted' figs.

InsaneJediGirl
01-10-2003, 07:50 PM
I've seen the isle reduced,but it really doesnt concern me.They mainly concentrated it a bit more than having it spread out.

One thing that really bugs me is WM restocking the Bespin wave-AGAIN!They got rid of all SW figures at X-Mas,then put all old stuff back out.There is some new stuff mixed in,but of course everyone wants that and not the Bepsin Wave that will be clogging pegs forever:D

Tycho,I didnt know you were a girl:crazed:Very funny:D:)

JediDBM
01-14-2003, 04:02 PM
I waited too long!!! The Action Fleet sets at Target are gone. Found the very last one of the Dewback sets in the clearance aisle and it was burried under a bunch of other things. I looked and looked with no luck. The Force was not with me.

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Ok, went to the other Target and found two more of the action fleet sets, got all but the Endor pursuit with the ATST.

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 10:41 AM
This is a quote from M1-H2
Beware! Not Making It To The Walmart Shelves! Post #1

During the holidays I started to become so frustrated and discouraged because of the problems with the distribution within the L.A. area - especially with Walmart (Cerritos, Paramount, Long Beach stores). I thought I'd score during their 24/7 holiday hours by shopping during "stocking time," but I came up empty handed. I originally thought that other collectors were just getting there before I did, but when I was hitting the stores at odd hours like 12:30am, 4:00am, and 5:00am, I knew that there was more to the story. To put it all in a nutshell, I have spoken to several employees, MANAGERS, and security guards and found out that the reason I can never find my figures (when they have reportedly hit other stores) is because the employees aren't putting them on the shelves! They are taking them and selling them for a higher price on certain "flea market" type websites, and collector's "swap meets." The MANAGERS at some of the Walmarts even told me that they KNOW it is going on, but there isn't much that they can do about it (whatever). Please do not fall for buying marked up prices (out of desperation) on figures - that only makes the process more marketable for those "insiders" (employees), and tempts them to do it all the more. I have reported the problem to the Hasbro Consumer Affairs (1-800-327-8264), as well as the Walmart Consumer Affairs. If you are experiencing the same problem as I am, don't be naive about it and simply think that other collectors are just getting there before you do - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Investigate and report it to the Consumer Affairs departments with Hasbro and Walmart. If enough people bring it to their attention, hopefully the problem will be resolved. Thank you.

This is a quote from M1-H2. So could this be the real answer to the problem? We all have been screaming and yelling in different directions... I can testify to the fact that nothing new (Star Wars) has been stocked on our shelves at Walmart since a week BEFORE Christmas.

Vortex
01-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Sadly this is nothing new.

We had guys/gals at TRU that would buy the new stuff when it came in, then trip to the comic shop down the road and sell it there for some extra cash.

Hell, even I bought stuff and raided boxes before it hit the sales floor.

And the employees have every right to buy the goods and if they choose, turn around and resell it. The stores will take anyone's cash for the goods...employees or john q. public. Ahh the joys of buyers discression...and the freedom to do whatever we choose with that said item. Re-sell it, destroy it, display it, pack it away, give it away, or whatever.

M1-H2 can talk to people until he turns blue, but it won't totally help our situation. The only way to stop this is as a collecting community. We have to stop the bidding frenzies on Ebay for new items, we have to leave the new figures at the comic shops (unless they are buying from diamond), and probably have to stop buying the stuff from some on-line stores right away.

This is part of the problem, but its only a small one and there's not much we can do about it cept try and avoid it.

The only thing this does is lead into the whole scalping debates, and if its right or wrong.

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 12:15 PM
tjovonovich, What about situations like this one, what is your answer to this?
A quote from JediBoulton: I was told this same thing by a wal-mart employee. If I were just to take the figures off the pallet, BEFORE they were put onto pegs, in WALMARTS eyes this was considered STEALING -- even though I was on my way to the cash register to pay for the figures. SOOO -- If it is considered stealing for me to take the figures from the pallet (and pay for them) -- then it should be considered theft of product for the employee that does this for their own gain.
Sounds to me like at the very least double standards!!!

Vortex
01-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Personally I'd say his story is a load of b.s.

I've personally never heard it before and this holiday season, the wal-mart in my neighborhood had pallets full of boxes in the toy section and people were going through boxes, on pallets, in the toy department...with and without the assistance of employees.

So then what is he saying...that when an item hits the pegs the curse is off? Who's going to watch every stock boy and make sure something is put out on the floor, and that it is on the peg for a second or two. What about if you crack open a new case and some one is standing there, and the employee hands the figure to the person? Is that still stealing? Personally to me it sounds like JediBoulton got fed a load of b.s. and there's no way to enforce this. What if one employee puts the stuff on the shelf, or pegs and the other employee who's off duty or on duty takes them off and buys them?

If I'm wrong Dar will chime in and correct me, and I'm sure he will on this matter since he's an employee.

But I have personally seen a contradiction to his statement.

Let me ask you this then...what would you do to keep the employees from looting the back room?

sith_killer_99
01-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Armed guards!

With stun guns and pepper spray. Full strip searches for any employee suspected of stealing and or "box pulling" before the merchandise is put out.

Violators will be shot!

hehehehe:evil:

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 01:06 PM
sith_killer_99, thank you, I agree this would be ideal solution! But I dont think the stores would agree or do this. I am sorry tjovonovich, but there are too many people complaining about this and I am with M1-H2, I will call Hasbro's Consumer affiars to complain as well. I dont want to point fingers, but it almost sounds like you dont want a solution to this problem. Please tell I am wrong, but you are acting like the Devils advocate for those who are making outrageous profits off of us collectors that just want the same oprotunity to purchase new merchandise. I dont want any conflicts with anybody here, but how about some justice and fairness for the collectors???

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I personally dont have a solution to this problem, but I have quit buying anything new off of ebay, all I buy now are vintage and long since discontinued items on ebay, my little contribution to not supporting the scalpers...

Kidhuman
01-17-2003, 02:03 PM
My question is... Is it wrong to do it if you are a collector and doing it for yourself? I think not. Scalping is a harsh reality that we all face. And yers the only way to stop it is if we just don't buy from auctions, scalpers or comic shops. I have resorted to them in the past but will no longer do it. I end up spending money because I can not find it, and BAM!!!! 2 weeks later they are on the pegs. That was a lesson learned. I have posted some pointers on how to spot scalpers in another thread. I do not remember which one it was but if you remember JediDBM, can you copy them for this forum. Thanks if you can and if not no biggie.

I am sorry for posting 2 in a row, but it is in the Star Wars Ethics thread(in the HAsbro Saga forum) on the 3rd page. I just fund it. It is just from my own experience with auctions and such. Just some advice.

Mod Note: Merged Back2Back posts.
DA

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I remember the replys and will look for them as well Kidhuman

Kidhuman
01-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I guess the only way to really tell is to check the buy it now options, or wait until near the end of the auction and see the going price then. Most scalpers will also set reserves to make sure they get their share. I did not set a buy it now feature or reserve unless I am selling some of my own personal stuff. I didn't care if I made profit on them or not. I live in a small area and sometimes have access to many figures that are HTF in populated areas. Those are some things to look at when shopping at auction sites to tell scalpers from non-scalpers.

These were the pointers

Vortex
01-17-2003, 02:35 PM
*Sigh*

Look, I'm not taking anything personal, nor am I supporting the junk that goes on in the back room, but those employees have every right to that stuff as we do. Odds are its only a hand full of employees that are doing this re-sale...and sad to say, they have every right to do so. Even if we all call, it won't totally resolve the issues of not getting what you want or need of star wars products.

Who's to say by calling that you're not slapping the wrist of fellow collectors like Dar who work there? Its one of the few perks of working a crummy job like stock - you get 1st dibs.

If they buy the items, we can't complain, we really don't have a right too. If they are stealing it, that another issue. But look at it from Wal-Marts perspective. They just want to sell the stuff. Doesn't matter to who, they just want it sold.

I've been in the trenches and worked retail. I've had to fight scalpers myself, fellow collectors, and various employees in the back room who pillage and plunder new cases to get the stuff I need. I've even had to wait months if not years to get some of the stuff I've wanted. I've just noticed that there's no perfect single solution to this issue. The problems run so deep you have to pick and choose your battles and find other ways to get the stuff you need.

You have no control over ordering issues with the HQ of these retailers, you have no control over issues with the case assortments from Hasbro, and maknig a phone call to squack that some 15 year old in the back room is buying the stuff prior to it hitting the shelf and then reselling it to some one else, isn't going to keep the stuff on the shelf longer or even give you a small guarentee that the stuff will make it to the shelves. Besides, do you personally have any proof this is even occuring at your store? Or are you just jumping on a bandwagon looking for a quick scape goat? I know I could only speculate now a days since I don't work retail anymore, and eveyone I worked with is gone from the store. I only have past experience to go off of. Even if they do implement new procedure, there are still plenty of ways around the issue and the stuff will still go from some stocker to the secondary market.

I just see more problems with resons why items aren't hitting the shelves, and I don't feel lodging a call into Hasbro or Wal-Mart will help the situation much.

There's a bigger fire raging that needs attention, yet with this call you're only putting out a small ember that's jumped from the fire.

Go a head and call if it will make you feel better. I would like to see more stuff on the shelf too, but I've seen and had to deal with too much, where this won't accomplish much.

If I was king I would change up case assortments. I'd let stores take pre-orders for exclusives. I would send local Hasbro reps out to stores in various states to get a 1st hand take of stock and sales and adjust accordingly. I would have the reps box up the peg warmers and send them back to some distribution center then out to some outlet mall. I would impliment a store sign up for collectors...so I knew about how many items or cases to ship to various stores, or inform the collectors when thing were do in.

We will never reach a Utopia on collecting that will make everyone happy and with a raging secondary market, we just have to deal with, and find other ways to complete our collections.

Be creative if nothing more.

I split case from EE with friends when stores have stoped stocking the figures. I've made friends with employees at target. I've asked and talked with other collectors about where to go, who to talk to, when to go. I've gone to every comic shop in the metro area to find things and I've posted wanted signs at the shops. I've become good friends with a hobby/toy store guy who orders items for me, and or puts me in touch with people who have what I want or need.

I don't condone what takes place in the back rooms, but its part of the hobby, love it or leave it. If you call you might as well post a message to all the army builders and custom builders to stop buying so many, and leave stuff for you. Might as well impliment a 1 item per person rule at every store so eveyone gets what they want. Stop employees from shopping at the store they work at. Remove any and all emplyoee discounts from stores. Do whatever you feel is right, you're just adding more more strand to the collecting web.

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 03:01 PM
You bring a lot of valid points to this conversation tjovonovich, my biggest complaint has been the lack of anything hitting the shelves since a week before Christmas, I have made trips to Walmart daily looking for new stuff, there has been nothing new put out, this is the 17th of January, so we are talking about almost five weeks now, I dont feel like I am jumping on the latest bandwagon to cheer for, I have been complaining about this sort of thing since I first discovered the forums on SSG. Quote from tjovonovich:
If I was king I would change up case assortments. I'd let stores take pre-orders for exclusives. I would send local Hasbro reps out to stores in various states to get a 1st hand take of stock and sales and adjust accordingly. I would have the reps box up the peg warmers and send them back to some distribution center then out to some outlet mall. I would impliment a store sign up for collectors...so I knew about how many items or cases to ship to various stores, or inform the collectors when thing were do in.
Brilliant quote, to bad Hasbro couldn't or wouldn't take such suggestions.
And now I do see you are looking at this rationally, more so than I, But like I said I do not feel I am jumping on the bandwagon for the week, I have been looking for answers to this for weeks, just so frustrating that cant find anything new in local Walmart, have to drive almost an hour away to find things and I refuse to submit to the scalpers on ebay. I guess you could even call me an army builder, (limited), but at the same time, I dont clean out an entire figure so no one else can have an opprotunity to buy the same thing. I have the same goal as everyone else, just want that "new" figure for my collection, not have to subject myself to those who are profiting from our hobbies. I hope I have made some sense in reply to tjovonovich's post here.
:cool:

Dar' Argol
01-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by JediDBM
You bring a lot of valid points to this conversation tjovonovich, my biggest complaint has been the lack of anything hitting the shelves since a week before Christmas, I have made trips to Walmart daily looking for new stuff, there has been nothing new put out, this is the 17th of January, so we are talking about almost five weeks now, I dont feel like I am jumping on the latest bandwagon to cheer for, I have been complaining about this sort of thing since I first discovered the forums on SSG.

I remember way back when it was almost 2 months till we got anything new! So 5 weeks is nothing. And its not the stores. Hasbro's distribution is junk! Some stores may get new stuff while others don't. We cannot control that. Matter of fact, just this morning we got in 1 case of the Yoda/Destroyer Droid wave. Just 1 case. You just need to relax a bit and if you really want to do something, don't complain to WM about it, go to the source, Hasbro.

Kidhuman
01-18-2003, 10:35 AM
[i]

Mod Note: Merged Back2Back posts.
DA [/B]

Thanks D'ar

Employees do have a right to the merch. as well. I have been on both sides of it. Is it wrong because they have an advantage. I only did it for my collection and not for financial gain. If the cases are sitting there for a week or two because the old stuff is clogging the pegs, then why not?