PDA

View Full Version : Lucas to make the NEXT trilogy: 7, 8, & 9? (merged)

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-06-2001, 05:03 PM
i didn't know where to put this so i put it here...the next 3 would be really cool...(7,8 and 9)
thoughts?

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 09:06 PM
GL has said that this is it, six movies is all he has in him. However he said pretty much the same thing after ROTJ so who really knows. Maybe ten years or so after Ep3 he might get the Star Wars Itch again.

But then again, what's to stop one of his kids from continuing the saga after his death?

master jedi
11-06-2001, 10:09 PM
He will not make the last. He said that he could tell the story he wanted in 6 movies.

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
He will not make the last. He said that he could tell the story he wanted in 6 movies.

Star Wars is about the rise, fall and redeemtion of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:06 AM
There will only be 6 movies as Lucas signed something(?) stating that once the movies are done, they are DONE!!!

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 09:07 AM
Great. So we'll have to wait until 2076 for the next Star Wars films? I'll be 102, darnit. of course, with todays modern medical miracles, maybe I'll be around after all!:D

But I think, after awhile, George'll let his hair down and let others play with his toys. Give it another 15-20 years. That's a HUGE cash cow to be turning down...

bigbarada
11-07-2001, 01:46 PM
But what happens after GL dies? Do his kids get the rights to Star Wars? So when George has been planted for a few years, what's to stop one of them from deciding to cash in?

master jedi
11-07-2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da

Star Wars is about the rise, fall and redeemtion of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

Yeah, so there wouldn't be any need for episodes 7-9.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-07-2001, 04:51 PM
yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to see luke and han as old guys adn r2 and 3po would......be the same.......?

master jedi
11-07-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to see luke and han as old guys adn r2 and 3po would......be the same.......?

In a way I guess it would be.

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 11:13 PM
It would be cool to see a series that takes place before Episode I and I mean way before Episode I.

Dferguson
11-07-2001, 11:42 PM
so you would want a pre-equal to that pre-equal?:D ;) co jo-da
that would be interesting to see

JediTricks
11-08-2001, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
But what happens after GL dies? Do his kids get the rights to Star Wars? So when George has been planted for a few years, what's to stop one of them from deciding to cash in? I understand that he has certain legal clauses in his will that keep ANYBODY from infringing upon the saga.

I know I've said this before, but personally, I'd like to see a sequel trilogy about Leia. The prequels are the "Anakin" trilogy, the classic trilogy is the "Luke" trilogy, so I'd like to see one about Leia. If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here. My idea was that Leia could be an important New Republic ambassador and her Force powers begin really growing, but since Luke has become very reclusive with his Jedi trainees, Luke has cut himself off from Leia and Han, and Leia begins growing powerful with the dark side. Thus, Han would have to make the effort to seek Luke out, and they'd have to work together to save Leia from destroying herself, the new republic, and the galaxy WITHOUT killing her. I picture Leia first showing her dark tendencies during an ambassadorial mission which turns out to be an ambush, and Leia simply cuts the enemy forces down with her dark powers (and a handy purple lightsaber ;)).

But alas, no 3rd trilogy for us.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-08-2001, 06:14 AM
oh, well...wishfull thinking i guess. but they leia trilogy would be a great idea!

Jedi Learner
11-08-2001, 02:07 PM
The fact that Lucasfilm has given authors free reign to expand the stories of the main characters immediately following the events of ROTJ, and (at least until the release of TPM), strictly regulated the publication of ANY fiction relating to the prequel era should be an indication that Lucas has no desire to make the final trilogy. He has said many times that the arc of the cinematic story centers around Anakin Skywalker, and he only needs six films to tell it.

bigbarada
11-08-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I know I've said this before, but personally, I'd like to see a sequel trilogy about Leia. The prequels are the "Anakin" trilogy, the classic trilogy is the "Luke" trilogy, so I'd like to see one about Leia. If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here. My idea was that Leia could be an important New Republic ambassador and her Force powers begin really growing, but since Luke has become very reclusive with his Jedi trainees, Luke has cut himself off from Leia and Han, and Leia begins growing powerful with the dark side. Thus, Han would have to make the effort to seek Luke out, and they'd have to work together to save Leia from destroying herself, the new republic, and the galaxy WITHOUT killing her. I picture Leia first showing her dark tendencies during an ambassadorial mission which turns out to be an ambush, and Leia simply cuts the enemy forces down with her dark powers (and a handy purple lightsaber ;)).

But alas, no 3rd trilogy for us.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 02:50 AM
YEAH but I hate READING...LOL

Rollo Tomassi
11-09-2001, 11:14 AM
Rogue Squadron: The TV Series. Follows the exploits of Wedge Antilles and his crew. Based on the hit series of books, comics, and video games.

Jedi Academy: The TV Series. Follows an aging Luke Skywalker training a new batch of Jedi. Starring Mark Hamill. Does for Star Wars what Smallville does for Superman.

Qui-Gon: The TV series. Follows a young Qui-Gon Jinn during or immediately after his padawan training. Co-starring Plo Koon and the bringer of Sass to the Force. It'd be super cool to see the HyperSpace Wars.

Han Solo: The Early Years: the TV Series. Han and Chewie flying around the galaxy gettin' into trouble before they joined the rebellion.

The Jar Jar Binks Show. Half hour comedy about the clumsy gungan. See him crash the Boss's heyblibber! Wackiness ensues but gets resolved in 22 minutes. Gets cancelled after first episode.

JediCole
11-09-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
But I think, after awhile, George'll let his hair down and let others play with his toys. Give it another 15-20 years. That's a HUGE cash cow to be turning down...

But he has let others play with his toys! That is why we get things like uninspired comics and poorly written novels that fail to capture the spirit of the films and their characters, and a glut of expanded universe product. I think there is something to be said for keeping a tight grip on your property and vision, though the vision does seem a bit blurred these days.

El Chuxter
11-09-2001, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
The Jar Jar Binks Show. Half hour comedy about the clumsy gungan. See him crash the Boss's heyblibber! Wackiness ensues but gets resolved in 22 minutes. Gets cancelled after first episode.

I actually thought a Jar Jar cartoon would've already come out by now. :)

Obi-Don
11-11-2001, 05:46 AM
I like the ideas about the TV series. Only if they do it right. I think it would be great to see Mark Hamill in a series training the new Jedi or see Han and Chewie before the ANH.

But I also think that this is wishfull thinking.I do not believe it will ever happen:frus: . So I guess I will have to remain in the books and let the story live on in my mind.Its a scary place sometimes and I don't always like to go there.:D

Co Jo-Da
11-12-2001, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I actually thought a Jar Jar cartoon would've already come out by now. :)

Thank god for that...

master jedi
11-12-2001, 06:48 PM
They made Ace Ventura and Dumb & Dumber cartoons as well as a Star Trek cartoon, why not a Star Wars cartoon?

Sith Worm
11-12-2001, 07:11 PM
Well this is what I think that the Star Wars universe would be badly hurt with the making of any more movies not by GL. I know we always want more, but the cartoons thing would cheapen the Star Wars in my opinion. Isin't that what happened with Ewoks and droids? I think leave let well enough alone. Again this is what I think. So lets hear it trash me if you will, but think about it...

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-12-2001, 08:45 PM
i really wish someone would, though...it looks like the books are good and i want to know more about lando, han, and chewie...but, unfortunatly, what we want doesn't matter......

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-12-2001, 08:49 PM
to answer master jedi's question, thye did make the series called "the droids"(?)

bigbarada
11-12-2001, 09:08 PM
Droids and Ewoks were two fairly bad cartoons that came out in 1986. Droids lasted one season and Ewoks lasted two (I may have that backwards, either way they both got canned).

Other examples of Star Wars television: The Holiday Special, The Ewok Adventure (Caravan of Courage) and Ewoks: Battle for Endor.

Rollo Tomassi
11-12-2001, 10:15 PM
With all the advances in CGI technology and ILM at the forefront of that movement. I think it would be cool for George and co. to produce a fully CGI series. Maybe make a mini series every 3 years or so. Put it out on HBO like Band of Brothers and From the Earth to the Moon. I know it won't happen, but I'm just brainstorming and I think it'd be cool.

GNT
11-13-2001, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Other examples of Star Wars television: The Holiday Special,

Did you miss the memo,nobody is to speak of "The Holiday Special" in public like that,you have to say "*** ******* *******"

Fulit
11-13-2001, 09:27 AM
Two reason I do not want new sequels:

There's no way Harrison Ford would come back as Han Solo. So who's going to play Han? I will never accept another in that role. Getting Fisher and Hamill back might be easy, but have you seen Fisher lately? Hey, I'm no GQ hunk myself, but she does not look like Leia anymore.

The main reason:

I can't collect anymore toys! For years now, I have been waiting for the 3 prequels to get done, then collect all the toys, and set them up in a permanent display in my house, in accordance to the order in which they appeared in the films. I couldn't bear it if, years after Episode 3, it was announced that I would have to get back into it again. As much as I love collecting, I am ready for it to be over sometimes. I don't want to be 50 years old waiting outside Target at 7:45 A.M. for the new Episode 8 toys to be released so I can get one before a scalper does.

But the whole thing really isn't about toys or actors, it's about the story, the Star Wars Saga. That part of me would love to have a continuation, but the bigger part of me wants finality. Just for it to be over with so we can sit back and anaylze the whole package without having to wait anymore.

BountyHunter
11-13-2001, 07:19 PM
I know lots of peopel hate EU, but the Dark Empire comics are really good and they are basically what 7, 8 and 9 would be about. But I really would think it to be bad if one of GL's kids did a SW movie because it is Gl's story, and he has like all this little things to make it perfect.

bigbarada
11-13-2001, 08:42 PM
Dark Empire????? Clone Emperors????? Luke turning to the Dark Side????? Somehow I doubt this is what GL had in mind for the ST (sequel trilogy-just thought I'd coin the phrase now).

master jedi
11-13-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
to answer master jedi's question, thye did make the series called "the droids"(?)

Yeah, but for TPM.

Wolfwood319
11-13-2001, 09:51 PM
Mmmm......

In an interview with GL in SW Insider a few issues back, a reporter asked what he plans to do after the EIII is made. GL stated that he wanted to go back to TV. He liked the medium more than films. He wasn't sure if the networks would be interested in his ideas, but he'd get them done one way or another.

This brings up interesting questions.

I personally don't think he'll go back to Young Indy, but he may do something Star Wars that isn't connected to the film series. Maybe a show or movie based on new characters at a different time but set in the same galaxy with the same species and whatnot.

sith_killer_99
11-17-2001, 12:49 PM
I like to think of the Zahn Trillogy as the follow-up to ROTJ (parts 7-9)

As for a TV series, I think it would cheapen the story. There is a huge difference between Star Trek and Star Wars!

I would like to see more movies, maybe one on Boba Fett! But I am happy with the books, for now. They Expand on the series without cheapening the movies! IMO:D

Rollo Tomassi
11-18-2001, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

I would like to see more movies, maybe one on Boba Fett!

I always thought it would be cool to redo Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars/Last Man Standing as a Star Wars film starring a Young Boba Fett. Make it a hard R-Rated film with plenty of violence and bloodshed.

sith_killer_99
02-04-2002, 01:37 PM
I would definatly go for that!:D

Taichi
04-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Feh.....

I'd totally give up on SW if they ever devoted a show/Movie to that third rate, throwaway loser character.....

187-Maul
04-29-2002, 05:55 PM
maybe you could write a book about it JT :)
I mean if you're a good writer, why not?

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 11:51 PM
Yet another prequel trilogy (even before this one) and another sequel trilogy. So we can have the twelve movies George promised us so many years ago. If he can change his mind once, he can change it again. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, production of the next Star Wars trilogy begins promptly in 2052. :D

187-Maul
04-30-2002, 07:30 AM
I don't know what happened in this thread cause somehow my reply (with the book) looks like it's refering to nothing
did someone combine two threads and made a mistake or what? just wanted to know...

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
I don't know what happened in this thread cause somehow my reply (with the book) looks like it's refering to nothing did someone combine two threads and made a mistake or what? just wanted to know...
I couldn't find any evidence of this thread being part of a merge in the log, perhaps you just read post #13 of mine (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=18542#post18542) from this thread from a few months ago and didn't notice that the thread had more pages? Or perhaps you were responding to another thread?

Originally posted by 187-Maul
maybe you could write a book about it JT :)
I mean if you're a good writer, why not? Well, I'm flattered you like the idea, but I don't know if I'm a good writer since I've never really written. So which thing were you suggesting I write, the "post-ROTJ sequels w/out the current EU"?

saladin
04-30-2002, 06:21 PM
I think it would be a great idea to have a movie or two about the Eu. I think the movies of the skywalker clan are done. Now lets get to maken other great movies \. The books are full of them, one of my fav would be Crimson Empire, it is just a great story.

187-Maul
04-30-2002, 07:04 PM
thanx for the link JT that was the post from you I meant, I did probably not see the thread had several pages

BoShek
04-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Four words: Shadow of the Empire.

1. I would be a one shot and not a three movie deal
2. Han Solo isn't in it so no trouble with him
3. It would be so cool to see the novel brought to life
4. Dash Rendar and Prince Xizor. Enough said.

scruffziller
05-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Hamill said in the "Making of Star Wars" documentary, that Lucas told him "would you like to be an Obi - Wan figure later on?" He also has said that he wants to do something with the original cast. He has done other stories, so 7, 8, 9 would be a new one.

leenovak
05-02-2002, 11:17 AM
I agree, Shadows of the Empire would be an incredible movie!

Grand Admiral Thrawn is an awesome character!

Pendo
05-02-2002, 12:21 PM
The only problem with doing Shadows of the Empire would be that the characters would look older than they did in ROTJ (that's if they use the same cast). And we all know Shadows is set before Return...

...But who cares? I'd still like to see it made :)

PENDO!

Darkross
05-03-2002, 10:39 AM
Episodes 7, 8, 9 (NEVER!)

George Lucas has said many, many, many times that he will only have 6 movies to tell his story. I don't expect that even after he becomes one with the force...that anyone will be allowed to make the next three episodes.

Now...Shadows of the Empire...this they could make a trilogy of...without really needing the original cast for. I think that if they were to make these films...that they could use a new cast and get away with it...since it is (in the "Shadows" of the original trilogy). Either way...it would be cool to have more Star Wars movies beyond the Original Trilogy and the Prequels.

Pendo
05-18-2002, 08:16 AM
Has George slipped up about a possible Episode VII? This is from an interview with him in the Guardian:

Earlier, Lucas let go a potentially revealing slip of the tongue. Expounding on the difficulty of constructing each film as a self-contained whole, he said, "the challenge for me is telling a six-part story: so in Episode I there are things that I have to get in that refer to Episode VII... no, hang on, we're not there yet. I mean Episode IV.

Just a slip of the tongue or did he reveal something? Click here (http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Exclusive/0,4029,715962,00.html) for the full article.

PENDO!

LTBasker
05-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Could've been a joke of sorts.

If he won't do the third trilogy, I wish he'd at least do Shadows of the Empire.

MichaelV103
05-18-2002, 11:47 AM
I heard him say on a tv interview around the time of the Phantom Menace release that once he was done with this trilogy, he was done. He said at his age now, to go and do another trilogy would take him well into his 60s, and he doesnt want to do that, he wants time with his family.
Thats great for him, but maybe he will let someone else do another trilogy, like maybe Rick McCullum, the producer for the current trilogy.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Yeah, he's not gonna make a third trilogy. I've gotta few interviews taped from TV, and he says he's not gonna let anyone else make another Star Wars trilogy because according to him "it's his thing."

master jedi
05-19-2002, 08:46 PM
I heard him once in an interview that he wasn't going to make a 3rd trilogy or any more Star Wars movies. He said that he was able to tell his story in 6 episodes and that he'd be too old before thinking about making any more.

I'd like to see some EU stuff made into movies. Anything but Shadows of the Empire. I hated that book.
I'd like to se the thrawn trilogy made.

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Funny, I have plenty of taped interviews from the 80's that say he IS making a third trilogy. Whose interviews are more "truthful" of "accurate" ?? I think George is deflecting talk of a third trilogy so people will focus on this one. he won't start talking about Episodes VII - IX until he's getting ready to shoot them in 10-15 years. By that time, he won't need actors. It will all be digital and he'll have people come in and do voices.

bigbarada
05-20-2002, 11:20 AM
You know, if GL re-edited ROTJ to remove any reference to Leia being Luke's sister; then made the third trilogy about the "other" the way it was originally planned - I would have no complaints.

Of course, I've heard two different version about what the third trilogy was supposed to be about. GL has stated that it was supposed to expand upon Yoda's reference to "another;" but before ESB was released he hinted that trilogy #3 would be about the survivor of Ep6. Obviously, that last idea was completely scrapped since pretty much every good guy survived Ep6 (except Yoda and Vader).

Pendo
05-20-2002, 11:22 AM
By that time, he won't need actors. It will all be digital and he'll have people come in and do voices.

I hope you are joking!!! I am anti-CGI and do not believe that we will ever beable to digitally create human characters. We are too familiar with our own looks and movement that we will always be able to tell the difference (just look at the CGI Anakin in AOTC).

If he is to make a 3rd trilogy I hope he uses real actors.

PENDO!

sunblind
05-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Episode VII I'm voting on. Along with 8 & 9. Even if they don't happpen soon. I think GL will get board and get into them. maybe.

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 09:19 AM
I agree, right now CGI humans don't pass muster. But fifteen years down the road? If you think about everything thats possible with computers and how George likes to rearrange things in the computer. he could have actors come in and do their lines in front of a blue screen, then digitally add their heads to different peoples bodies of stick them into other scenes with people who weren't there. Thats how Sio Bibbles scenes were shot in AOTC. Oliver Ford Davies shot his stuff in England many months later on blue screen. Unless you saw the footage, you would have no idea they had done that. And look at the finale of the film. Except for a few random shots of Mace, Obi Wan, etc it's ALL CGI characters, background, props. Everything. As costs go down, George could work on a new trilogy on his weekends as a hobby and piecemeal it together without hardly anyone knowing. And then BAM! Look! A new Star Wars trilogy. Everybody would go nuts.

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I never knew that about the Sio Bibble scene, that's awesome!

hango fett
05-22-2002, 08:20 PM
that would be really cool if he did that! i would only be 25-30 years old! i love being a youngling!

Pendo
05-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I had no idea they did that with Sio Bibble!!! It looks pretty impressive.

PENDO!

Darkross
05-23-2002, 10:43 AM
Six movies and that's it! I truly wish that GL would do VII, VIII, and IX. It would be cool to see how powerful Luke became and marry Mara Jade!

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 06:59 PM
I heard from a friend who had a friend that worked at Lucasfilm back in the 80's that the "supposed" Episode IX would end with Luke turning to the Dark Side...

Pendo
05-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by eliwankenobi
I heard from a friend who had a friend that worked at Lucasfilm back in the 80's that the "supposed" Episode IX would end with Luke turning to the Dark Side...

I really hope not!!! After all the strugling to restore freedom in the galaxy and destroy the sith, and he turns into one? And at the end of the last episode too??? That would probably be the worst mistake Goerge could possible make! I hope there are no more after Episode VI if that's what's going to happen in them.

PENDO!

R2D2DUKFAN
05-25-2002, 10:03 AM
It would definately be an interesting event if George Lucas were to finnish up his saga that has been woven in to the American culture. It is sad to say that people know more about Star Wars than they do about what is happening in real life. I really would like to see George Lucas finnish up the franchise. As far as Luke turning to the dark side, if he does do that, we should see that earlier and then see him turn back in the end as he does in the book series making him the most powerful jedi. Of course most of you already knew that. One thing I would like to see in the last trilogy is Han and Lea get together and have their twins, and have them start training, and well basically I want to see what happens in the books come to the big screen.

MEAT
05-27-2002, 05:02 AM
C'mon, who wouldnt want to see Luke as the new sith lord in E7? It would be perfect full circle for the Skywalker family. They need anger management besides Lucas loves to repeat themes. Mark Hammil is the only one from the original cast thats even really needed. Hes not even 50 yet, a decade from now hes close to Sir'Alecs age in E4.

And if Lucas doesnt want to do it, then hand it over.(His daughters eventually will anyway) Besides I dont think hes done the best of job with this new trilogy. GL sold out in E6. Im sure some young director like Kevin Smith could give the audience what it really wants to see. I dont believe that crap about this story only being 6 episodes, hes writes this stuff as makes them. Why else are there so many inconnsistencies and having to go back and fill in the holes.

Forget the figure polls, lets start one for E7. And to remove that stupid Greedo shoots first scene, another example on how Lucas is to getting to old or soft. Kinda like Vader in E6, we need a Luke to put him out of his misery, so to speak. This universe no longer belongs only to Lucas.

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 06:24 AM
Uh-oh, the EU crowd is going to be sooo mad!:p

Anyway, I'm 99% sure that six movies is it. There is that little shadow of doubt that GL might come back to do more later on, or his kids might follow in his footsteps. Only time will tell.

I really don't think Kevin Smith has the right stuff to make a Star Wars movie. I'm not a fan of his movies at all.

In any case, EP2 was great and shows that nobody can do Star Wars better than Lucas himself.

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I pine for a young, nubile, female protagonist who doesn't know her Jedi potential. And the return of Boba Fett, since the story arc they are building up in the prequels doesn't pay off in the OT.

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 10:24 AM
I pine for a young, nubile, female protagonist who doesn't know her Jedi potential. And the return of Boba Fett, since the story arc they are building up in the prequels doesn't pay off in the OT.

A female lead character would be great! I think that was GL's original idea for Star Wars; but 20th Century Fox wouldn't finance the movie until GL wrote a young male hero into the story. Stupid studios!:mad:

I would like to see it take place parallel to the OT and show the Bothan spies, how they got the Death Star Plans and give us an idea of exactly why Mon Mothma is leading the Rebellion in ROTJ. I know I can read about all that, but I want to SEE it.

stillakid
05-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Star Wars Episode VII: Milking It Until It Dies a Terrible Death.

At least that's the way the "critics" would view it and not just a few others in our society. You know that guy who hangs out in college just a couple years too long or that tv show that lingers for an extra painful season? SW has taken too much damage with TPM and to some extent with AOTC. Had the prequels been undeniably awesome, then maybe "society" would be clamoring for more. But the saga lost it's luster and Lucas is better off ending the saga on a hi...well, not on a lo...well, he's just better off not dragging this out no matter how "good" an Episode VII might be.

elrondaragorn
05-28-2002, 03:57 PM
I heard that stasr wars is actually a Tripple Trilogy-9 parts-How can I get info onb what happewns in parts 7, 8, & 9?:confused:

JediTricks
05-28-2002, 05:19 PM
There are no 7,8, or 9 films and apparently, Lucas hasn't got anything for them yet. There's a lot of speculation, like so: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1678
but nothing beyond that.

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Don't you believe him!

There are actually NINE more movies to be made. A prequel to the prequel trilogy. A trilogy that takes place in between the prequels and the originals. And a sequel trilogy with Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as an aging Han, Luke and Leia.

It's all set to start filming after Episode III comes out.

2-1B
05-29-2002, 02:01 AM
It's gonna get ugly with the episode numbering system having negatives and decimals. I don't think the Roman Numerals are equipped for such a classification. :(

Eternal Padawan
05-29-2002, 07:39 AM
He's getting around that by calling the new saga something other than Star Wars. So when he said he wasn't doing any more Star Wars films he wasn't lying.

I think it was Journal of the Whills Episode I: Blue Harvest ;)

master jedi
05-29-2002, 08:00 PM
I'm getting tired of of telling people there isn't going to be a third trilogy. So this is probably going to be my last tome explaining it.

Lucas said he's NOT going to make 3 more movies after the prequel trilogy. He said he was able to tell his story in 6 chapters or movies. The story being Anakin fall to the dark side and then eventually being redeemed and him balancing the Force.

Lucas also said that he wanted to do some other movies/projects after Star Wars. I think he said that he didn't want anybody else to make a SW film after he's through.

hango fett
05-30-2002, 07:20 AM
this is about the 3rd time i've heard this, but i'll put my input in. i think that lucas will eventually get bored and then make the next trilogy.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 07:34 AM
I don't put a lot of stock in what Lucas says anymore. He often contradicts himself from interview to interview and tries to retro-actively change the history of his company. He makes it look like he worked on Star Wars all by himself, not acknowledging the work of Huyck, Kurtz, Kasdan, etc.

So even though he SAID (as master jedi pointed out) he's not making any more Star Wars films... I'll take a wait and see approach.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 09:28 AM
I don't put a lot of stock in what Lucas says anymore. He often contradicts himself from interview to interview and tries to retro-actively change the history of his company. He makes it look like he worked on Star Wars all by himself, not acknowledging the work of Huyck, Kurtz, Kasdan, etc.

So even though he SAID (as master jedi pointed out) he's not making any more Star Wars films... I'll take a wait and see approach.

Ahh, the truth "from a certain point of view" routine. I'll buy that.

I did find a new cure for insomnia last night. My wife bought me the Episode I DVD when it came out while I was out of the country. I never got around to watching the 2nd disc until last night. If the deleted scenes documentary wasn't tedious enough, the GL interviews just about knocked me right out. I need to watch it again because I saw a bit where he had a folder with outlines for all the movies labeled 1-6 at least(I wasn't awake enough to catch it). This time, I will try to see if there was a 7-9 on there.

chris
05-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I hope there is a third trilogy, the more star wars the better!

JON9000
08-23-2004, 07:57 PM
the rumours have apparently started due to ILM employees being forced to sign nondisclosure agreements regarding the possibility of them being created.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=115020814&p=yy5xzy5zx

I have mixed feelings about this based upon the prequels. If they do it, they need to return the original actors or set it far enough in the future to not need them. I cannot imagine anyone else in the roles.

Kidhuman
08-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Will believe it when I read it(see it)

Slicker
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm with KH on this one. It would be great if they did but I'm not holding my breath on this one. The rumors have been flying since the end of Jedi about 3 more afterwards so it's a long running one at that. Don't get me wrong though I would definitely embrace em' with open arms.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Will believe it when I read it(see it)

ditto :stupid:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2004, 09:24 PM
What if they're totally digital, with CGI characters? Then the ages of people don't matter at all.

Or, it will be a sw.com Hyperspace exclusive download... :(

mrmiller
08-23-2004, 09:33 PM
You know BCJ- I thought about that a while ago. Start making the books with CGI like in the Final Fantasy Movie. Do them on HBO as a mini series type thing, and you could make a fortune on the DVD sales alone.

I'd love to see another 3, after all...What am I going to do if I have to go back to the dark days of no Star Wars to look forward to? Just put it in the far future from ROTJ so as not to need the same characters/actors and not effect the EU already established.

=MATT=

Kidhuman
08-23-2004, 09:34 PM
If they are a HS download, the membership price would go up to 4K a year. :D :beard:

Rocketboy
08-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Don't get me wrong though I would definitely embrace em' with open arms.Just like you do with the Prequels? :D

Since he keeps claiming he's too old for them, I'd like for Lucas to at least write the general plot and hand it off to a screenwriter, then have someone else direct them (Spielberg?). As a bonus, he can negate all this post-Jedi crap.

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Maybe this will be the oft-rumored TV series that has been floating around lately. As far as Lucas making more films in plot-sequel to ROTJ, I think he missed that boat, maybe if he had tried this in '97 or earlier the original cast could have been there and it might have worked filming all at once LOTR-style, but I think it's too late to use them now and recasting these iconic characters will be next to impossible. Then there's the issue of the perception of poor quality from Eps 1 and 2 that will hurt their chances.

PS, I merged this thread with an older one of nearly the same title (I think originally it DID have this title in fact).

B'Omarr Monkey
08-23-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm divided about the idea of three more movies. As much as I love collecting the toys and all, I was also sort of looking forward to the toy lines beginning to wind down in a few years, not start up again. If they make them, I would like to see the original cast return, though look at all the problems they are having scheduling Indiana Jones IV. I do think they could get all the actors back, even Harrison Ford. I don't think their age is an issue. Way back around ROTJ, Lucas said he wanted to set them at least ten years after ROTJ with the New Republic being established.

I just hope they actually stay away from the novels. I've liked a bunch of them, but they all feel like they are written by people constrained to writing licensed properties--very episodic without ever building up towards anything (I've written licensed properties before so I know how limiting it can be. You can never cut loose like you can with your own creations).

I would also like to see them more in tone with the OT, and not the PT. More humor, and adventure, and less pretension. I don't want this to be about figuring out how to squeeze in Boba Fett, because the fans like him, or anything like the PT ended up being. I also don't want it to end up being an excuse for Lucas to again go back in and touch up the existing 6 movies to make them more like how he truly envisioned the SW saga being. Clearly it won't be about the rise and fall and redemption of Darth Vader if there are another three movies. maybe Luke should fall to the dark Side and Leia either has to bring him back, or kill him?

If they happen, I'll see them. If they don't, I won't feel disappointed in the least.

Kidhuman
08-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Jt you might be on to something with the TV show and all. I didnt think about that . I'll remember where I heard(read) it first. :beard:

Deoxyribonucleic
08-23-2004, 11:27 PM
If they are to be, I hope someone else (NOT Spielberg) takes the helm...that's the only way they will be any good IMO! Otherwise, they'll just be like these prequel disasters! *bleh

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Jt you might be on to something with the TV show and all. I didnt think about that . I'll remember where I heard(read) it first. :beard:
Beard accepted. :D Yeah, that's the first thing that entered my brain when this rumor came up, ILM has done TV before so it would still fit with the theory.

mrpauldeeds
08-25-2004, 01:34 AM
saw something in my local newspaper today (contra costa times) that lucas will be doing the next set of movies. i kid you not. it was something on all the workers signing something saying that they will not talk about episodes 7,8 and 9. why would lucas have everyone sign that if he were not making the movies? i think he will do them and anounce it after ep. III is released.

JEDIpartner
08-25-2004, 08:36 AM
I don't buy the "big screen" rumour. I think this is all about the small screen and multimedia projects going forward from "Revenge of the Sith".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2004, 11:12 AM
saw something in my local newspaper today (contra costa times) that lucas will be doing the next set of movies. i kid you not. it was something on all the workers signing something saying that they will not talk about episodes 7,8 and 9. why would lucas have everyone sign that if he were not making the movies? i think he will do them and anounce it after ep. III is released.
Uh, did the article actually say that Lucas was making the next trilogy, or did it just say that he told them not to say anything? If he only told them not to talk, it was probably since people would jump to conclusions. Oh wait, we have enough of that already. :rolleyes:

Droid
08-25-2004, 11:45 AM
I hope it is over. I am ready for it to be over.

I will not see these movies if they are:

1. For televison.
2. All CGI
3. Recast anyone
4. Stick with the Expanded Universe storyline. If I hear one whiff of
Chewbacca being dead or Mara Jada being married to Luke count me
out.
5. If I hear Luke or Leia may turn evil no thank you.

Star Wars is the story of the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. Soon we will know all of that story. Anything else is just tagged on the end for more money. I love Star Wars (unhealthily so), but enough is enough. The end of Return of the Jedi might as well cut to a title card that reads, "And they lived happily ever after." Happily ever after isn't an interesting story. But it is nice to think of your characters living that way. If they do more movies thet will have to set aside happily ever after and have something horrible happen. And I don't want something horrible to happen to Luke, Leia, Han, R2, 3P0, or Chewie. They made it through Jedi, they deserve their happily ever after.

Pendo
08-25-2004, 02:25 PM
I hope it is over. I am ready for it to be over.

I will not see these movies if they are:

1. For televison.
2. All CGI
3. Recast anyone
4. Stick with the Expanded Universe storyline. If I hear one whiff of
Chewbacca being dead or Mara Jada being married to Luke count me
out.
5. If I hear Luke or Leia may turn evil no thank you.

Star Wars is the story of the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. Soon we will know all of that story. Anything else is just tagged on the end for more money. I love Star Wars (unhealthily so), but enough is enough. The end of Return of the Jedi might as well cut to a title card that reads, "And they lived happily ever after." Happily ever after isn't an interesting story. But it is nice to think of your characters living that way. If they do more movies than will have to set aside happily ever after and have something horrible happen. And I don't want something horrible to happen to Luke, Leia, Han, R2, 3P0, or Chewie. They made it through Jedi, they deserve their happily ever after.
Totaly 100% agree :D

PENDO!

JediTricks
08-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Part of the problem is that someone in the associated press latched on to TFN's rumor news and just keeps spreading like a virus throughout the news services.

Star Wars is the story of the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.Ah, remember the gentle days of the 1970s and '80s when Lucas hadn't yet come up with that whole "it's all about Vader" thing? Remember when Lucas hadn't even come up with a shootable first movie and Anakin was the character that became the Luke role?

Droid
08-26-2004, 08:49 AM
I agree. It became the story of Anakin. But I grew up with Star Wars. So I don't really remember Star Wars without Empire or Jedi. I saw Star Wars when I was four, Empire when I was four, and Jedi when I was seven. So I don't remember really thinking about Star Wars. I just liked them. As long as I have known Star Wars it has been either about Luke or about Anakin, depending on how you looked at it. But now with the prequels, it is clearly about Anakin.

stillakid
08-26-2004, 09:04 AM
I agree. It became the story of Anakin. But I grew up with Star Wars. So I don't really remember Star Wars without Empire or Jedi. I saw Star Wars when I was four, Empire when I was four, and Jedi when I was seven. So I don't remember really thinking about Star Wars. I just liked them. As long as I have known Star Wars it has been either about Luke or about Anakin, depending on how you looked at it. But now with the prequels, it is clearly about Anakin.
No, the Prequels are about Anakin. The unedited original films are about Star Wars. There's a difference.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-26-2004, 10:09 AM
No, the Prequels are about Anakin. The unedited original films are about Star Wars. There's a difference.

DAMN, I LOVE YOU!!!

and get out of my brain will you ;) Well, no, you can stay.

I must confess, I couldn't be happier that I grew up with the original Star Wars movies and not the SE or the prequels...there's not even a smidgen of the magic in the aforementioned as there is with the original trilogy.

B'Omarr Monkey
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
I must confess, I couldn't be happier that I grew up with the original Star Wars movies and not the SE or the prequels...there's not even a smidgen of the magic in the aforementioned as there is with the original trilogy.

I agree with you. If the PT were the movies I was given to represent SW when I was a kid, I would not be posting here, because I would never have cared enough to follow the series. Just be glad that he filmed the OT first, and when he did. Imagine what it would be like if he did them in order starting with TPM. Now shudder at your leisure.

I've posted this in various threads here, but before the PT, Lucas was always talking about how SW was the story of the droids, or the story of the rebellion as seen through the eyes of C-3PO and R2-D2, and that they were to have a bigger role, but he couldn't get ANH financed without the human characters being made the focus. The OT was also Lucas's homage to Flash Gordon. It wasn't until Joseph Campbell latched onto SW, that Lucas had his retroactive "vision" of the movies being all about myth, mysticism, and the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. I'm sure while he was writing ANH, he was planning on Jango Fett being the origin source of the stormtroopers which is why he added Boba Fett to the cast of TESB. :D

I can only imagine what his vision is for Eps 7-9. What's sad is this series of movies that we're all so gung-ho about has been so corrupted by the person who created them. There's definitel a lot more bashing of Lucas on here than hugging. You'd think it would be the opposite.

Kidhuman
08-26-2004, 11:31 AM
B'Omarr, I completely agree with you. If Lucas would have made the PT first, I dont think I would have the interest I do in the entire series. The OT had the whole magical, mythical experience to it. NOw, he is just corrupting the storyline it seems. I think if I saw him on the street, I might shake his hand and thank him for the original trilogy(only in its original version, not this SE crap), then kick him in the shin and say "Thats for f'ing it up"

B'Omarr Monkey
08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
I think if I saw him on the street, I might shake his hand and thank him for the original trilogy(only in its original version, not this SE crap), then kick him in the shin and say "Thats for f'ing it up"

Now, that I would like to see. Especially the SE edition. :D

El Chuxter
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM
In the SE version, Lucas kicks first. . . but somehow inexplicably misses.

stillakid
08-26-2004, 08:53 PM
DAMN, I LOVE YOU!!!

and get out of my brain will you ;) Well, no, you can stay.
(echo) I kind of like it in here ...here....here....here.... :D :cool:

Yeah, I actually feel a little sorry for the little tikes who were born too late to experience the original films in their original context. Just looking at them again, they might seem a little passe to the younger generations. I mean, we never had anything at all like this before Star Wars came along. The closest it got was Logan's Run ("It's clear!") and Buck Rogers (beede beede...what's up...Buck?). Today's kids have already seen Alien(s), Independence Day, Predator, and a host of other slick action romps that built on what Star Wars established. I'm sure that watching R2 wander aimlessly into the distance on Tatooine comes off as a complete snore for them, especially after being treated to NASCAR in the same desert (TPM).

Oh well. What the hell do I know, besides that GL is up there basking in greenbacks and Playmates while the rest of us (I presume) are working for a living? :ermm:

B'Omarr Monkey
08-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh well. What the hell do I know, besides that GL is up there basking in greenbacks and Playmates while the rest of us (I presume) are working for a living? :ermm:

No. We're all basking in greenbacks and Playmates. You're on your own with teh work thing. :D

stillakid
08-27-2004, 12:14 AM
No. We're all basking in greenbacks and Playmates. You're on your own with teh work thing. :D

Wha! :eek: Huh! :sur:

Bu...but...but... :cry: :cry: :cry:

(click)

BLAM!

:dead:

jonthejedi
08-27-2004, 05:51 AM
I've had the original OTC on disc for years...it's called the definitive laserdisc collection...and it still rocks! God bless my Pioneer CLD 1070...still works like the day I bought it in 1985.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-27-2004, 12:49 PM
(echo) I kind of like it in here ...here....here....here.... :D :cool:

Niiice! :mad: Why you little...

;) ;) :kiss: :p :p

I'm sure that watching R2 wander aimlessly into the distance on Tatooine comes off as a complete snore for them, especially after being treated to NASCAR in the same desert (TPM).

That's too funny. Seems like this guy just latches on to everyone elses ideas, modifies them a bit, and then calls them his own and takes full credit; even NASCAR for crying out loud 'cause it's hot with the kiddies! :frus:
Well I'm on to you George...I give credit to Joe, Phil, Nilo, Lawrence, Leigh, Gary, Irvin, Richard, the casting directors, the old creature shop/art department, the actors, all the "little" guys and gals behind the scenes and above all, RALPH M.! I give you credit George only for bringing these folks together all under one roof!

JediTricks
08-27-2004, 09:42 PM
No dude, I already made the SE version years ago in the form of Thrawn's avatar: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/customavatars/avatar9_0.gif

:D (he had this picture of Costner getting punched once and wanted it to be Lucas, so I ramped things up a bit and made that silly little thing ;).)

BTW, the Buck Rogers TV show didn't come out until well after SW.

B'Omarr Monkey
08-28-2004, 12:02 AM
I remember that JT, very amusing. lol

Deoxi, I will grant the podrace not being a conscious attempt to pander to the NASCAR fans. Lucas has always had an obsession with speed and fast cars, which almost killed him when he was 16, so it was only expected that something like that would be in there. Everything else though....

El Chuxter
10-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey, Rogue II, were you able to check and see if there was a folder marked "7-9" in that documentary?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I want to steal his thunder and predict he'll say "This is Rogue 2. I found them. I repeat, I found them."

JimJamBonds
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow a couple of long gone members in this thread, The Ox and Stilla.

2-1B
10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
and me. :)

JimJamBonds
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Ok, I'll rephrase. A couple of long gone forum members, Da Ox and Stilla along with the prodigal son, aka 2-1B.

sith_killer_99
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Wait, wut?

:eek:

TheDarthVader
10-23-2010, 09:19 AM
There is another report out now about 7, 8, and 9!!!

JimJamBonds
10-23-2010, 09:24 AM
There is another report out now about 7, 8, and 9!!!

Link???????

Maerj2000
10-23-2010, 09:30 AM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/New_Star_Wars_Trilogy_Coming_134597.asp

I can't get the IESB.net link to open but that is theforce.net's report.

JimJamBonds
10-23-2010, 09:32 AM
So after E VI is released in 2017 in 3D then VII etc will be released....right!

DarkJedi5
10-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Be careful what you wish for... a lot of people think Lucas nearly ruined the franchise with the prequels, what makes them think that going back to the OT would be safe? I don't mind the prequels but for those who do, GL taking another crack at the OT would be bad news.

Maerj2000
10-23-2010, 11:29 AM
I enjoyed the prequels so I have no reservations whatsoever about more SW movies, I just really don't want to wait that long for more.

For the anti-Lucas people consider the fact that he'll be 72 in 2016 and will most liekly not want to direct any more SW films himself, so I think that he will bring in young directors that he likes. These films will most likely have nothing to do with the films we already have. Maybe Luke would be in them as a mysterious old Jedi master who helps train a young apprentice. I can't see Harrison Ford being in them at all.

So, yeah, bring em on, I say! :D

nohagent
10-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah I think you are on the right Track. At celebration V Mark Hamil said pretty much just this and even though many took it to be a joke it may have also been a veiled hint. Hmm. I did enjoy that the prequels were Star Wars although I had my own ideas how I would have liked them to go, but its not for me to say as Star Wars is Lucas' creation. If anything though I would like it to be more along the lines of how serious the recent BSG series was. That was awesome and............... it should be evidence that a live action SW series could be done well with the right writers.

El Chuxter
10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
If it invalidates all the Legacy BS, I say bring it on! Three more movies of AOTC quality would still be a million times better than that junk.

JimJamBonds
10-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah I think you are on the right Track. At celebration V Mark Hamil said pretty much just this and even though many took it to be a joke it may have also been a veiled hint. Hmm. I did enjoy that the prequels were Star Wars although I had my own ideas how I would have liked them to go, but its not for me to say as Star Wars is Lucas' creation. If anything though I would like it to be more along the lines of how serious the recent BSG series was. That was awesome and............... it should be evidence that a live action SW series could be done well with the right writers.

Since Mark didn't get to play Anakin's father then maybe he'd play Luke's grandson? This of course would mean the trilogy would be quite a bit after E VI :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Lucasfilm (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/new-star-wars-trilogy/) has, unsurprisingly, already denied this. I wouldn't be surprised to see more spin-off movies like The Clone Wars or the Ewok films, even, but I doubt very much that we'll ever see Episodes VII-IX or beyond.

At CV, Mark Hamill's comments were to the effect that, around 30 years ago or so, Lucas mentioned making nine movies and having Luke "pass the torch" to the new generation in one of them but be otherwise uninvolved. During the Jon Stewart interview, when the subject of all the real-life RC astro droids came up, Lucas noted that they work much better than the ones used during filming and joked, "I'll just have to make more Star Wars!" These two comments led people to believe that something was brewing, but nothing concrete was said; they only announced the Blu-ray, and didn't even hint at 3-D, so it's possible but extremely unlikely that they were actually hinting at something.

And I really don't think they have the time or money. The Blu-ray and 3-D could be a way to "fundraise" for future releases, but my inclination would say that they'd use the money for the live-action show.

Maerj2000
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Although Lucasfilm has officially denied things in the past that did come to fruition... you never know.

bigbarada
10-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the rumor is false, but I think it would be a great idea to continue the franchise on the big screen. In fact, after watching the TFU2 trailer on the big screen last weekend, I think Star Wars would do pretty well as realistic animated films.

Although, if Lucas does start messing around in the post-ROTJ timeline, then I think the chances of him sticking to the already established EU continuity are almost less than zero.

Maradona
10-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I just read the story about this on AICN. If true, then we're back in the early to mid 90s, waiting patiently for distant rumors of George getting back to work on "updated" versions of the original trilogy to become reality in hopes of something new far away, but still on the horizon.

TheDarthVader
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Remember in the late 90s......Lucas releases the "special edition" OT and then what does he do? He releases those in 1997 and then releases the first of the PT, The Phantom Menace, in 1999. Why not do it again? Release 1-6 in 3d...and then *BAM* hit us with episode VII when the 3ds are finished. That would be just totally awesome!!!!

bigbarada
10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Remember in the late 90s......Lucas releases the "special edition" OT and then what does he do? He releases those in 1997 and then releases the first of the PT, The Phantom Menace, in 1999. Why not do it again? Release 1-6 in 3d...and then *BAM* hit us with episode VII when the 3ds are finished. That would be just totally awesome!!!!

Well, Lucas actually made the official announcement for the Prequels back in 1994. If you buy the THX VHS tapes, released in 1995, Lucas talks about the Prequels in a 3-part interview with Leonard Maltin just before each film. So it's not like Lucas just woke up one day and said, "Hey, these Special Editions seems to be pretty successful, let's make some prequels!"

Anyways, I do hope the rumor is true.

autumnsdescent
10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't remember where I heard or read this. It might have come from an interview with George. It might have been something Rick McCallum said at Celebration I in Denver. I just don't remember the source...

In the divorce agreement with George from 1983, Marcia Lucas obtained a hefty percentage (50%) of any of the Star Wars movies 7-9 if they were ever made. As a result, George swore he would never make 7-9 so as not to give her the sense of satisfaction, input /control of those movies, or any of the money they would generate. The prequels were a way he could make new Star Wars movies and not have to give her any cut of it. She had left him. He had wanted to work things out. So out of spite, he won't make 7-9.

Who knows, maybe George will change his mind again though. Stranger things have happened.

Maradona
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't remember where I heard or read this. It might have come from an interview with George. It might have been something Rick McCallum said at Celebration I in Denver. I just don't remember the source...

In the divorce agreement with George from 1983, Marcia Lucas obtained a hefty percentage (50%) of any of the Star Wars movies 7-9 if they were ever made. As a result, George swore he would never make 7-9 so as not to give her the sense of satisfaction, input /control of those movies, or any of the money they would generate. The prequels were a way he could make new Star Wars movies and not have to give her any cut of it. She had left him. He had wanted to work things out. So out of spite, he won't make 7-9.

Who knows, maybe George will change his mind again though. Stranger things have happened.

This is the first time I hear this story. As a fan of spite, I now hope George never makes these while Marcia lives. At some point, though, I firmly believe, as I have mentioned to friends for the past 2 decades, that George or his heirs will remake the OT (not that I necessarily endorse this happening, I just feel it will). Once those are completed, then we may finally see 7-9 and maybe even 10-12, which I remember an old, OLD issue of Starlog once mentioning was part of the original idea (since most serials, from which much of SW's aesthetic was born, were around 12 episodes long).

JimJamBonds
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Although, if Lucas does start messing around in the post-ROTJ timeline, then I think the chances of him sticking to the already established EU continuity are almost less than zero.

Praise Jeabus let that be the case! :D

Rocketboy
10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
I doubt/hope direct sequels are never made.

The story of the rise, fall and redemption if Anakin Skywalker is done. The only parts left to tell are being told in The Clone Wars.
What I would possibly be open to is having other Star Wars movies made with a new cast of characters, possibly with small roles for secondary characters like Admiral Ackbar and the like. I'm sure Luke, Han and the gang aren't the only heroes in the Alliance that have saved the galaxy.

Rogue II
10-25-2010, 08:32 PM
After watching the prequels, I hope Lucas doesn't make any more Star Wars films.

JimJamBonds
10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
The story of the rise, fall and redemption if Anakin Skywalker is done. The only parts left to tell are being told in The Clone Wars.

What about the 20ish years between E III and E IV?

Rocketboy
10-26-2010, 08:20 PM
What about the 20ish years between E III and E IV?He was Darth Vader. He killed anyone who p*ssed him off. The End.

Darth Metalmute
10-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Thats where the Force Unleashed 1 and 2 take place.

sith_killer_99
10-26-2010, 11:43 PM
He was Darth Vader. He killed anyone who p*ssed him off. The End.

ROTFLMF'nAO!!! :laugh:

JimJamBonds
10-27-2010, 08:27 AM

Thats where the Force Unleashed 1 and 2 take place.
Yeah and? Who gives a rip.

Qui-Long Gone
11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I say do a prequel trilogy to the prequel trilogy!

Episode -3: Start with a young bullied Palpatine attending Hogwarts and getting picked on. Despite Dumbledore's attempts, the troubled youth transfers to Naboo High (as a freshman) only to be attacked by Gungans wearing skeleton costumes. Suddenly, Palps (ala "Annie") is rescued by the dark and mysterious janitor named Mr. Plague (disguising his true name of course!). Sensei Plague trains Palps in the dark side of the force by having him wax his speeder, paint his deck overlooking a Naboo Lake, and teaching him to chop flies in half with a light saber. In the final scene, the two murder a bunch of Naboo teens at the Naboo High pool (ala "Let the Right One In") and begin their long, creepy friendship into evil....in between there is a love story between Palps and some girl....

Episode -2: a now-grown Palpatine is a fully-trained but precocious Sith. He and Sensei Plague get into various shenanigans. They construct the ultimate spy droid on Naboo: R2D2. Palps later runs for office and becomes mayor of Naboo (also the name of Naboo's capital city). Meanwhile, a young Shimi Skywalker (or "Bella" Skywalker as is her nickname) is struggling to choose between two lovers, a Corellian smuggler named Edward Solo (who sort of looks like a vampire) and a Wookie named Chewjacob (prefiguring the dynamic duo of course!). The love triangle goes no where but leads to some awesome lines such as, "I love you," "I truly, deeply, love you," and "if I can't have Edward, I guess I would rather kiss a Wookie). Nothing happens in this film....NOTHING.

Episode -1: Sideous continues to grow in his evil powers and political status, while Plag is working on knocking up women from across the galaxy by manipulating the force. Sid grows tired of Plag's perverted machinations. Just as Plag declares "I did it!" (meaning knocking up ... wait for it ... Shimi Skywalker), Sid kills him near a bed (Lucas is never one for continuity details so who cares if he "kills him" in his sleep or is "killed" on a bed?)! During the baptism of his godson, Sid/Palps has all of his enemies from Episode's -3 and -2 assassinated (while he also renounces the Devil!). He also has his brother, Fredo Palpatine murdered on a boat for betraying the Palp family (all shown in flashbacks done in sepia tones). Meanwhile, back on Tatooine, Shimi is preggers and visited by moisture farmers who say they saw a star that told them where to find her. Unfortunately, this "virgence" causes love problems and both Edward and Jacob .... er ... Wookiejake leave her...I mean sell her to Watto, who is also a vampire (details to be worked out)! Meanwhile, R2D2 is now good and gets shipped to the Naboo dock yard and put into storage (as we see Queen Amidala's cruiser being constructed ala the Death Star in AOTC). Oh, wait! Shimi is being carted off to Watto's junkyard and passes by a pile of, well, junk, and we see the head of C3PO! Just as credits role, she gives birth to .... wait for it .... Anakin Skywalker (this all happens during the Sid/Palps baptism scene)...NO, WAIT! As Anakin is being baptized, Palpatine renounces the Devil and becomes Annie's godfather! YES! YES!

Darth Metalmute
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I say do a prequel trilogy to the prequel trilogy!

Or maybe just re-imagine the PT:thumbsup: