PDA

View Full Version : Mynock Hunt Chewy, why Hasbro why??

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Why is Hasbro doing Mynock Hunt Chewy? I can think of 100 better figures to be made. Beside they will probably use the same Chewy from the 3 pack. Why Hasbro why??? If it's because they think many collectors didn't get the Mynock set, well they maybe right, but lets make some figures that have never seen the light of day, or some like Zuckuss and Bossk, that only have one likeness.

Beast
01-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Why you ask? Because Chewbacca is a popular charecter that sells well. And unlike some of the other charecters has only been done decently a few times. Since Hasbro has already stated that they planned over time to correct some of the scale issues from the POTF2 line, I rather doubt they are going to reuse the Mynock Hunt Chewie from the Cinema Scene Set.

Frankly I was more hoping for a Hoth Chewie to go with the new Hoth Han, when a new Chewie was announced for next year. As that one is more visually different then the Mynock Hunt one and also not correctly scaled. But with atleast another 6 years or so left of the current Star Wars contract, I'm sure we'll get one sometime.

There is rumors of a 7 figure Screen Scene, that would be Vader with the Bounty Hunters on the bridge of the Star Destroyer from ESB. It hasn't been confirmed of course, but anything is possible for next year. Just remember that if you don't like somthing Hasbro does, that you don't have to buy it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Buying it or not isn't the point. I'm saying, I'd like to see some new figures that haven't been done yet, or rehashes of figures that need to be redone. We have many correct Chewys, so there is no need for another. Remember one thing, jarjar this is my opinion and yours isn't craved in stone like you think it is. It doesn't always have to be so serious in here.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Eh, good question. I like Chewie, but i'll have to look at this figure first. If he looks better than the POTF2 figure, i'll pick him up. However, i do hope that they do more figures that we haven't seen before. I'm assuming that during this down time between films we'll see lots of figures, new and rehashes.

As for a rumored ESB bridge scene, i would give my right......well, maybe my left leg for one of those, if done correctly!!! Knowing hableh, they'll prolly just put old POTF2 figures in there with a crappy background. But hey, we can hope!! :)

Beast
01-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Chewie's only been done right 3 or 4 times. So a couple more that make up for the height problems of POTF2 over the next few years is fine with me. Properly scaled Hoth Chewbacca, Detention Block Chewbacca, and Chewbacca: Boushh's Bounty need to get a make over. No rush though.

Most of the figures next year are new ones, though there are a few re-sculpts of popular main charecters and better versions of E2 charecters tossed in. Just look at the lists. Han: Hoth, Luke: Jedi, Vader: Removable Helmet, Snowtrooper, and Chewbacca: Mynock Hunt are all figures that make up for bad or inaccurate figures from the past. :)

Jango they can lay off of though, unless they want to do his Kamino Apartmant Jammies. Although the Jango in the Kamino Battle Screen Scene could be good. As long as he has his climbing claws extended. Same with Maul, unless they want to finally do a decent Holographic Maul. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-01-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm glad they are doing the Mynock Hunt Chewbacca. I missed out on the POTF2 Cinema Scene and the masks in the Hoth Accessory pack don't fit Chewbacca very well.

Hopefully, he will come with the mynock.

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 02:36 PM
So as a collector you would rather have a rehash than a new figure never done before? Hasbro will love you for that.;)

fourtwo
01-01-2003, 02:59 PM
i doubt they'll just put out that chewie again, they seem to be over the buff era of figs.
hopefully it will be as good as bespin chewie. if its not i won't buy it.

Darth Evil
01-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I like to see a Hoth Chewie, with snow on his fur. That would look cool. I'll wait and see what this Chewie is like.

Rogue II
01-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
So as a collector you would rather have a rehash than a new figure never done before? Hasbro will love you for that.;)

Yes, I do want new characters, even if they are just re-paints or new head sculpts.

But at the same time, I don't mind the rehashed/resculpted figures as long as they are superior to the previous version. I'm sure you have noticed that Hasbro usually puts out 1 or 2 of the classic trilogy main characters every year (Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Chewie, R2, 3PO). Not everyone has been collecting since '95, so it gives them a chance to catch up. Same goes for re-releasing figures, if they did it right the first time, no need to resculpt (Teebo, Imperial Officer, Rebel Fleet Trooper, etc.). If Hasbro was to use the same POTF2 Zuckuss, and POTJ IG-88 for the rumored Bounty Hunter's package, I wouldn't mind since he is a decent figure, but some of the others should be resculpted.

There are a lot of those POTF2 figures worthy of a resculpt...like R5-D4.

It seems like they have been averaging 2 Chewies a year in the past. So, if Mynock Hunt Chewbacca is the only Chewbacca for 2003, that's fine with me.

Jargo
01-01-2003, 04:18 PM
I just want a chewbacca with removable bandolier and satchel. If it's Chewbacca hoth or Chewbacca Mynock hustler or Chewbacca Lord of the underworld i don't care as long as i get a single articulated correctly scaled chewbacca with removable bandolier and satchel before this star wars dynasty dies. Not a Yarua or a Lowbacca or any other Wookiee but a Chewbacca that actually works and doesn't have bloody pre-posed arms. A chewbacca that wil bend in the right places and hunker down enough to actually cram into the millenium falcon with a Han Solo that would be redone with arms in a position that don't stick out through the cockpit windows. Just figures that you can use anywhere for any scene you want. Articulation not gimmicks.

New characters are always prefereble to rehashes unless the rehash is a marked improvement on the previous versions of a character. For example I'd buy a 2-pack of Kitster and Wald before a new Luke Tatooine unless the new Luke tatooine was super articulated and had a soft goods lower tunic and a saber hilt attacjhment hole on his belt and came with all his accessories, (Macrobinoculars, droid caller, poncho, floppy hat, rifle, skyhopper model, carbon scoring removal tool, lightsaber hilt with removable blade and peg, remote seeker ball and helmet, stormtrooper belt and blaster, grappling hook and line), then I'd obviously buy that Luke Tatooine like a shot. But unless a figure excites as a rehash I'll buy the newer ones first. The New Tusken raider is a good example of a rehash that excites me. Sure we've had four of five tuskens up to now but this new saga one is the first to offer a really good pose and his costume is really cool. A bit of a one pose wonder but it's exactly the sort of pose I've been trying and failing to get with the other tusken figures. Padme droid factory escape is another good rehash. Not perfect by any means but a vast improvement on the previous version. If it's an improvement in any way it's worth it. If it's a piece of crud like Mace Windu flipfloppin' arms then why bother to even produce it? Whoever came up with that idea needs a damn good b*tchslap around the head. Damn fool ideas like that Hasbro can shove up their respective **********s. Rehash for the sake of rehash is pointless and counterproductive. Rehash for the sake of apologising for the crapness they previously shipped out is acceptble. But why ship the crapness out in the first place instead of taking longer to make better quality product? Hasbro work so hard against themselves it's surprising the company even exists still.

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm still waiting for a decent Cewbacca for the canitna scene, straight up and down Chewie with his slicked back hair that he only really has in ANH. Chess playing Cewie would work if he wasn't doing the chicken dance!

droidekas2
01-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Chewie will be a one pose wonder, his bandolier will not be removable and he will be good only for putting in a diorama of that scene. He might actually be sculpted a bit better and be the proper height but not enough in my opinion to require that he be resulpted. If a Chewie figure was done at the proper scale with a removable bandolier and some articulation we wouldnt need an endless parade of figures for him. Its not like he changes costumes throughout the movies. It will also open the gate for them to give us another Han and Leia mynock hunt which of course we also dont need.
Its a waste of resources which could be used on other never before made figures.
As for those that havent been collecting for as long as some of us and "need the chance to get this figure or others" I offer the advise of doing a little bit or research. Find someone on this forum to trade with, figures are available cheap on Ebay, etc.
I have a large drawer full of useless rehashed figures that I dont use, including my mynock hunt chewie. I wont be buying this new one either. For anyone so desperate for one, I would gladly send it to you.
Ive said it before, its just more of my money Hasbro wont be getting.

Turbowars
01-01-2003, 06:22 PM
At least you and Jargo understand what I'm saying.:confused:

jobi
01-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
I like to see a Hoth Chewie, with snow on his fur. That would look cool. I'll wait and see what this Chewie is like.

Um.. they did, the Flashback Chewie

Beast
01-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jobi
Um.. they did, the Flashback Chewie
Yeah, they did Jobi. But just like all the other Chewie figures before POTJ, the scale is completly off on the figure. One of the reasons that he's on the "re-sculpt" list. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
01-01-2003, 11:41 PM
If I had a choice between another Mynock Chewy and a unproduced figure I'd take the unproduced figure. Dont get me wrong I like Chewyand a sculpt to scale is nice but I'm not interested. If it had to be another Chewy go with Jargos idea of making him with removable items or some sort of Chewy we havent already seen.

jobi
01-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, they did Jobi. But just like all the other Chewie figures before POTJ, the scale is completly off on the figure. One of the reasons that he's on the "re-sculpt" list. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well I didn't say it was a good Hoth Chewy. Just one that had snow on his fur.:D :D

evenflow
01-02-2003, 08:30 AM
There really isnt a need for another Chewbacca. We just got one. They should have waited a while before they announced this one.

Rogue II
01-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
They should have waited a while before they announced this one.

I agree with that. They should have at least waited for the 2nd half of 2003.

Jerjerrod
01-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned about Chewbacca Mechanic? I thought the scale was correct, sculpt was good, and was one of the best ever looking Chewies ever made.

Jargo
01-02-2003, 03:24 PM
I want to know why a figure like Teebo gets two removable accessories and Chewie rarely gets one. Both of Teebo's acessories have straps that are not molded onto his body, IG-88 has a removable ammo strap but not one Chewbacca has a removable strap and satchel. One decently articulated (head, ball joint shoulders, bicep cut, elbows, wrists, waist, hips and knees) Chewbacca with the bowcaster from the 25th anniversary set and a removable bandolier and a headset for the Falcon, just one decent Chewbacca without gimmicks and without dandruff on his fur, just one that looks like Peter Mayhew in a monky suit that can be bent around and scrunched up to fit onto a bar stool in the cantina or into the Falcon to play dejarik or crouch ready to pounce on unwary stormies. Just one decent Chewbacca....... that's all, just one....... aint gonna happen is it. Just like Han Solo, the commtech one was near perfect and they had to go all scene specific and give him the arm that won't go down and stays pointing off somewhere so he can't fit in the falcon cockpit. No matter how good a sculpt is hasbro has to go and ruin it with something. If they wanted Commtech Han to point off why not give the one arm a ball joint shoulder so he could be used for something other than plotting to shoot Greedo first? Just sheer stupidity by idiots like randy from Hasbro that's why.

Jaff
01-02-2003, 03:49 PM
I have to stick with the popular opinion on chewie too. I really don't care to see another chewbacca, and that's what I said last year, until I saw how wonderful he looked. I've been collecting every figure since the red cards and the rehases are a bit tiring. I crave new things, but now and then hasbro surprises us. Once we see how this figure looks then lets debate their motives. For now turbowars I'm with you. I do want to see new figs. I still don't understand why the cantina scenes had greedo, momaw, and ponda. I mean they haven't even scratched the surface on the cantina figs. We will see them eventually because hasbro must sustain the franchise. That's why they keep rehashing. They have to drag their toyline out for several years. If there were 6 new figs in every case, our collecting stories would not last till episode III.

Turbowars
01-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Thank you, thank you guys. Thats what I'm talking about!!:crazed:

sith_killer_99
01-02-2003, 08:41 PM
?

I'm with EJ on the Chewie issue....

just one great Chewbacca!

Articulation, removable bandolier, head set, maybe a mask from the Mynock scene.