PDA

View Full Version : Online stores

Jedi Master Silas
01-02-2003, 03:36 PM
I wanted to know which online stores everyone has used and what kind of service they have given. The only online store I've ordered from is the Fanclub which I've trusted for a couple years. I know SSG has sponsors that are supposed to be good but I've seen bad posts about KEBCO and I dont think I would order from them. I saw a KEBCO rep make crappy and rude posts to customer (maybe two) about there order which was several months late. What about the other sponsors??? What about online stores that are not sponsors of this site?? I want to order some SW and non-SW items but dont want to get burned. Any info would be very appreciated.:)

Add: I dont mean FAO, KB and the major chains :)

Beast
01-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Yestertoys is cool, I've used them in the past. Planet Action Figure also gets thumbs up from me. But for the cheapest prices and decent service, I would suggest Yestertoys. Avoid the high priced places like Brian's Toys or Amok Time if you can. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
01-02-2003, 03:45 PM
i've ordered from brian's toys before and had good service. other than the major online retailers, all my online pruchases are limited to 1/6th scale military stuff. PM me if you're interested in any of those vendors, as i've read you do buy ultimate soldier stuff. :)

Rogue II
01-02-2003, 03:47 PM
I bought some figures from Yestertoys. I had no problems with them. I've read many good things about them also.

From what I've heard, KEBco also has a good reputation.

robman71
01-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I have ordered from Entertainment Earth and M&M Collectables. Both of these services were outstanding in my opinion. The figures I ordered arrive in great condition (Double boxed in both cases) and were shipped in a very timely manner. As far a price goes, M&M had some very good prices and while EE tends towards the expensive, they usually have a great clearence section.

QLD
01-02-2003, 05:05 PM
I thought Brian's Toys was great. Yes, they do have high prices on some items, but just don't buy them. Sometimes you can get really good deals with them on loose items, and their shipping packaging and speed is top notch.

Tycho
01-02-2003, 05:06 PM
I order and trust Yestertoys.com - great service, very reliable, great prices! Yestertoys allows you to order individual figures and at your own designated quantities of them, too.

I like EntertainmentEarth.com - their service is excellent, their reliability perfect, but their non-mint items are priced better than their new items and you can't order individual figures too often.

I just ordered from NewForceComics.com for my first time. (12" Plo Koon). My friends swear by them. They sell by the case instead of individual figures, but their prices are great. They also e-mailed me immediately and told me exactly when my pre-order purchase (Plo Koon) was shipping.

ToysRUs.com (also Amazon.com) - perfect and fine. Great prices, you can buy what you want just like you're in the store!

Walmart.com- sent me 4 gunships before they even hit the stores here! Perfect condition, too. They don't seem to sell individual figures though - so you have to go to their stores for that.

The Official Fan Club - great service, cool exclusives, no problems.

I think that's all I ordered from.

Rogue II
01-02-2003, 05:26 PM
I also ordered from toyzz.com once--no complaints with the service, and they always send out 10% off coupns. But, they don't always have a great SW selection.

Jedi Master Silas
01-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks to you all...I appreciate the info very much :D :D

Vortex
01-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Entertainment Earth - very good, send out cases 80% of the time before the figures hit the shelves here in Minnesota.

Yestertoys - Another very good site. Reasonable prices, prompt service.

Planet Action Figure - good, but some times I can find stuff in the stores before they get their shipments and orders out. Still a good site.

Action Figure Express - decent. hard to track order status, but the items I ordered arrived in mint condition and cases are cheaper than Entertainment Earth, but selection isn't as good.

D&S Sci-Fi Toy World - can order individual figures for a good price.
Only used them once but I'd use them again.

Brian's - does have good service, but prices are a little over inflated. Living in MN and his shop in Wis. I get my orders very quickly. The one big plus with Brian's is, he has everything you could want. One stop shopping if you need to complete or get replacements.

Amok Time - I had problems once with them, but the things I did order came in on time, good condition so they aren't all bad.

I used the laughing place store to order the star tour figures - price was good, but packing was bad, or I got the bum cards. Corners folded, bent, bubbles dented. Didn't matter since I opened them.

Another good site to check out is the Amazon auction site. You can get good deals some times since its not a breeding ground for scalpers and bidding nuts like ebay. I got some good stuff cheap from amazon's auction site.

Just depends on what you're looking for.

Darth Sidious
01-02-2003, 05:49 PM
How is AmokTime with shipping quickly and stuff? I just ordered an AT-ST w/Speeder bike on Monday, and I didn't know if it has shipped or not. (I realize they don't ship on New Years day). Do they notify you when they ship?

Jedi Master Silas
01-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Has anyone ordered from:
357toys.com
gijoeforsale.com
smalljoes.com

Vortex
01-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
How is AmokTime with shipping quickly and stuff? I just ordered an AT-ST w/Speeder bike on Monday, and I didn't know if it has shipped or not. (I realize they don't ship on New Years day). Do they notify you when they ship?

I never got a notice for the stuff I ordered and I don't think they are open every day. For some reason I don't think they work tues and thurs...but they charge the credit card pretty quick and on one order I had to wait 3 weeks before the thing showed up. The other times the card was charged the day it was sent out. I think its a one or two man operation...I'm not sure. But your orded shouldn't be hard to fill. Its not a new hard to find fig or anything so I think the turn around should be good.

My run in was Amok was ...
Their computer double ordered a set of figures one time and I got a duplicate order when I was out of country on vacation, and about 5 weeks after the 1st order, so I opned the box to see what it was, thinking I maybe ordered something and forgot...1st mistake, post office won't return it to sender after it was opened. so I had to pay for shipping again...then amok time sat on the return for 3 weeks before processing it and even then they only reimbursed me for the figure and not shipping and handling so I was out like 12 bucks for their computer mistake. I was pretty p.o'ed about the whole thing. But I gave them another shot and no problems yet. I gave them two strikes for the duplicate order and slow reimbursement, and the whole shipping thing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-02-2003, 08:24 PM
I ordered my Acklay from yestertoys and it arrived fast and well packaged. Once i get more $$, i'm going to pick up the Y-Wing and B-Wing. Then my old vehicle hunting will be complete!!!

I also pre-order all my stuff from KEBco since i'm at school now, and they are truly awesome. :D