PDA

View Full Version : Should the triligy be remade?



JediDBM
01-02-2003, 03:58 PM
I apologize to everyone who has probably hashed this over a thousand times, but I am new to SirSteves, and would really like to hear everybody's point of view about this. This was actually discussed at the dinner table lastnight, which if you knew my family, because of me, all are tired of hearing about Star Wars. Should the original triligy be remade in modern technology? I mean taking George Lucas' knowlege of special effects and the choreography of the lightsaber battles of today versus the first lightsaber between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in ANH. Please dont take me wrong, I wouldnt be a Star Wars fan if not for the very first release in 1977 or is that 1978? George Lucas discovered something great, unlocked our imaginations and has captivated us for 25 years with his movies.

Patient Zero
01-02-2003, 04:01 PM
It will never happen. Besides I could never except any other actors portraying the characters.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Beast
01-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Nope, they fit fine together. Lucas even comments on the change in the style of the lightsaber duels between the PT and the OT. The prequels show Jedi's in their prime, where as the OT shows us the remains of the Jedi order. Ben is old and out of practice, Anakin/Vader is old and mostly crippled by the damage that happened to him. Neither of them are in shape for backflips and energetic lightsaber duels anymore.

Same with Luke, he's not experienced or even really well trained. Ben and Yoda only taught him what he needed to know to survive. They showed him basic lightsaber use. If it wasn't for Vader's age, injuries, and being out of practice Luke wouldn't have had a shot. Not to mention he got his arse kicked the first time, and only defeated Vader the second time, because he got angry.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-02-2003, 04:43 PM
He needs to add to them though, I have a few gripes (just a few) about the classic trilogy:

1) Change Luke Skywalker's lightsaber in ANH to blue NOT white!

2) Change it when Luke ignites his lightsaber in ANH, it looks like they've paused it or something.

3) Add more to the Battle of Hoth.. more ground troups, more AT-AT walkers, some mini walkers (the ones that were on Endor) AS-AT's? Imperial ground troops, more speeders, just a larger scale a la The Battle of Geonosis

4) Remove the black lines when Luke fights the Rancor Monster.

5) Add more footage of Boba Fett hunting Han Solo and show Boba on Bespin watching the Falcon land.

There are a few more but I can't think of em right now :-D Who agrees with the ones I've said?

Films aren't released... they escape :D :crazed:

PoggleTheGreater
01-02-2003, 05:16 PM
I think they should fix the side effects of the optical effects, and I think they will make those kinds of changes on the DVDs.

JediDBM
01-02-2003, 05:19 PM
If they ever release the Triligy on DVD. Has anybody heard anthing about that?

Rogue II
01-02-2003, 05:23 PM
The Classic Trilogy is supposed to come out on DVD in 2006 or so.

Beast
01-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by JediDBM
If they ever release the Triligy on DVD. Has anybody heard anthing about that?
They will, but it won't be until atleast 2006 from what Lucas has said. He's wants to be personally involved with the DVD releases, and doesn't have time with working on the prequels. Supposedly the reason he doesn't have the time is that he's planning archival editions of each film which will include redone special effects.

I know they want to redo the ANH Jabba for one. And replacing the O.L.M.E Emperor with Ian McDirmand for another change. There is some talk that he may do archival versions of the prequels as well. Such as replacing the crappy E1 puppet Yoda with a CGI version.

Of course who knows what he really has planned, until 2006 rolls around. We may not even see the entire OT on DVD in 2006. Since both Lucas and Spielburg are currently only planning to release one film each year from the Indiana Jones Trilogy. We may end up getting ANH in 2006, ESB in 2007, and ROTJ in 2008. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-02-2003, 05:38 PM
a spielberg and lucas commentary for Indiana Jones?
Do you think that the OT DVD's would be just like the prequel ones.. 2 disc sets, commentary, deleted scenes, documentaries, featurettes, trailers, photo galleries, animated menu's etc?

El Chuxter
01-02-2003, 05:40 PM
My guess is the CT DVDs will be like the prequel ones, or that new editions of the prequels will be released to match the CT.

I doubt a Spielberg commentary will appear on the Indy discs. IIRC, Spielberg has stated many times that he loathes commentaries and refuses to do them.

Beast
01-02-2003, 05:45 PM
They've actually already talked about a Commentary for Indiana Jones. Apperantly Lucas already tried to drag Spielburg in for a Commentary recording session and Spielburg declined. He hates commentaries, says that they give away to many secrets of the movies. So it will likely be Lucas and the effects folks who worked on the movies. :)

I'm sure they will stick to the 2-disc format for future Star Wars releases. Especially for the OT stuff. After all, there is far less they can include because not every moment of making the films was recorded like with the PT. We'll definatly get behind the scenes stuff, probably the original making of programs, deleted scenes, trailers and such. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediDBM
01-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Thank you eveybody for actually discussing this instead of biting my head off and telling me this is a dead issue :D so far, everybody I have conversed with has been wonderful!!! Thank you all for making me feel at home here. Ok, enough sentimental nonsense, hehe

Fulit
01-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Yes, completely remade, with new actors. Freddie Prinze Jr. should play Luke, and Jennifer Love Hewitt should be Leia.
Vin Diesel could be Han Solo, and they should film these parts immediatley, then wait 40-50 years so Ewan McGregor can play Obi-Wan in all six. It should be released in about 2045. I also think Shaq should get in the Chewie costume, and Eminem should do the soundtrack.

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Rogue II
01-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Yes, completely remade, with new actors. Freddie Prinze Jr. should play Luke, and Jennifer Love Hewitt should be Leia.
Vin Diesel could be Han Solo, and they should film these parts immediatley, then wait 40-50 years so Ewan McGregor can play Obi-Wan in all six. It should be released in about 2045. I also think Shaq should get in the Chewie costume, and Eminem should do the soundtrack.

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Urge to kill rising.:evil: :mad:

;)


Originally posted by JarJarBinks I know they want to redo the ANH Jabba for one. And replacing the O.L.M.E Emperor with Ian McDirmand for another change. There is some talk that he may do archival versions of the prequels as well. Such as replacing the crappy E1 puppet Yoda with a CGI version.

We can only hope. It is amazing how computer technology has improved over the past few years.

JON9000
01-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
They've actually already talked about a Commentary for Indiana Jones. Apperantly Lucas already tried to drag Spielburg in for a Commentary recording session and Spielburg declined. He hates commentaries, says that they give away to many secrets of the movies.

This is the same Steve Spielberg who watched Lawrence of Arabia with David Lean personally and spoke on the special edition DVD about how great it was to hear a live director's commentary?

as for the remakes, sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone. One day the technology will exist that will allow me to splice parts of the SE and classic versions together as I see fit. Goodbye Greedo shooting first and stupid yell down the shoot on Bespin. Cannot wait to make the perfect cut.:evil:

stillakid
01-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Leave the OT as is (except for a few minor cosmetic changes), but I entirely advocate somebody rewriting and reshooting the Prequels the way they should have been done in the first place.

Beast
01-04-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by JON9000
This is the same Steve Spielberg who watched Lawrence of Arabia with David Lean personally and spoke on the special edition DVD about how great it was to hear a live director's commentary?
Of course, it's a double standard. He likes to listen to them, but isn't intrested in ever doing one for his own films. Like he's said before, he feels they steal the magic. Luckily to make up for that fact, he always does in-depth interviews on the DVD's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediDBM
01-04-2003, 01:39 PM
What would you change about the prequels Stillakid? You say redo them the way they should have been done. Not attacking your point of view, just curious about what you would do differently.

Tycho
01-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Oh boy did you open up a can of worms with Stillakid, JediDBM, :rolleyes: .

Kid's a great guy, but he'll hijack this discussion with that question. Might I request someone just provide the links to Stillakid's multiple thesis on Qui-Gon, Midi-Chlorians, and the state of Star Wars today? LOL

I'm not touching that one - but Stillakid, if you read my Episode 3 Complete Story thread in the E3 Spoilers section, everything works out and makes sense. You just wanted stand-alone movies or for TPM and AOTC to make sense by themselves, or from the get-go, rather than have movie-by-movie reveals, such as Shmi's importance in TPM becoming apparent only because of her death in AOTC.

But I think there's bigger surprises in store - and I specifically lay them out in my spoilers section thread (though that's all speculation without real spoilers this early).

Meanwhile, DARTH TRYMYBESTUS expressed my point of view on the subject, JediDBM.

I'll add to his Hoth Battle request that they show some more space fighting as transports try to escape and X-wings engage pursuing TIE fighters. - 2 brief scenes - nothing extensive. Also, in light of the foot-soldier fight in AOTC, snowtroopers rappelling out of AT-AT's and trying to cross no-man's land in front of the Rebel trenches would look seriously cool, World War One style!

Also, when the Falcon escaped the first Death Star, more exterior shots of the ship fighting the TIEs is necessary, but don't drop ANY of the good on-board footage or close-up shots of the TIE Pilots. Just have John Williams rescore a slightly longer tune to it, or copy-dub it to make it about 25-30 seconds longer. It can't be too much footage, because those pilots are only going to last so long with so much luck against the Falcon's superior fire-power.

Finally in the Battle of Endor, I want to see at least one shot of B-wings fighting, perhaps recreating that famous Ralph McQuarrie painting that shows them delivering the death blow to a Star Destroyer. Oh - and adding General Madine's scenes on a Corellian Corvette would add to the Capital Ships fight. Finally, if an overhead shot of the Ewok ambush got on screen, people would see the sheer numbers of a native population, versus an occupying force. The stormtrooper's obvious advantage will become an apparent disadvantage if it is clear that each soldier is outnumbered 30 to 1!

But I NEVER want to see Mark, Carrie, Harrison, Peter, David, Alec, Frank, Billy, Jeremy, Kenny, Anthony, Warrick, Ian, and all our other friends recast in a re-make of these films. They hold their own with the prequels and they all fit together ingeniously!

sith_killer_99
01-04-2003, 04:08 PM
I would like to state for the record that I oppose the creation of the clone remake of any of the Star Wars movies.:crazed:

stillakid
01-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JediDBM
What would you change about the prequels Stillakid? You say redo them the way they should have been done. Not attacking your point of view, just curious about what you would do differently.

gulp. No no, I wouldn't dream of expanding on that in this thread. :) But in brief, I've personally found that many of the elements in the Prequels are not consistent with the established continuity. Tycho touched on most of them. Some magically brilliant writing in Episode III might just change my mind, but based on George's track record, I don't anticipate that happening. Besides, even without considering the details, the path that George put the Prequels on almost certainly ruins any chance that the saga could be viewed in Episode order without destroying the secrets that the OT depends upon for much of it's dramatic appeal. The Prequels could have been constructed in such a way as to be universally appealing and support the established storyline.

As far as the OT goes, I'm just as interested as most people in seeing some minor cosmetics done. Replace the Emperor in ESB, reinstate the Greedo/cantina scene, stuff like that. I'd also love to see some B-Wings in ROTJ as well as expanded footage of the ground war on Hoth. I think that adding gratuitous shots, such as of Bail Organa moments before Alderaan bites it, would be a super huge mistake. I think that George is relying on those superficial kinds of things to "tie it all together," rather than concentrating on the heart of the story that made the original trilogy so successful in the first place.

Tycho
01-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Stillakid: nice self-control ! :) I'm serious.

But Stillakid is right about how E3 can turn out. If it ties up some mysteries started in the Episode 1, then it will all play out brilliantly. If it doesn't, this is going to hurt my feelings about all 3 prequels, which is very favorable at this moment, me liking AOTC as much as I do.

As to the other part, about ruining the dramatic surprises of the Classic films - if Episode 3 is made as the 5th and 6th hour of a 12 hour movie, and NOT made "just for the fans," then we won't see:

1) Hayden's face in the helmet

2) 2 children of Amidala (namely Leia being the 2nd one).

and we will see, Anakin turn to the Dark Side and fall, presumed dead - but his ill intentions completely transformed him emotionally to a point of no return, however no montage of him putting on the black suit.

Then we have a perfect 12 hour movie, the first half being just as good and respectful of the 2nd half.

I'm sure Stillakid an I both hope for this.

Beast
01-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Of course, being that this is a modern serial we may see all those things. Atleast the rebuilding of Anakin into Vader. Since most serials always showed the audience stuff that the charecters didn't know. And it doesn't damage the shock value when those things are revealed, because it changes it from a personal shock to one that is felt thru the charecters.

Like the case of Leia finding out that she's Luke's brother, or that Vader's her father. It doesn't lessen the impact because you knew it before that, you get more of the personal impact from Leia. Same when Leia reveals to Han that Luke's her brother at the end of ROTJ, it's not a shock to us, but we can relate to how Han feels when this is revealed. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
01-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Han must have been pretty shocked and a little grossed out after having seen Leia kiss Luke.:confused:

JediDBM
01-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Sith_Killer_99, I think you had it right the first time, a clone of the triligy, and after reading all of these comments, I would have to say, just a little cosmetic surgery here and there, but I am puzzled by something that StillAKid said, "reinstate the Greedo/cantina scene". May I ask, what do you mean? I would agree with repplacing the Emporer in ESB with Ian Mcdirmand, if that is the actor that plays Palpatine in EP I and II.

Darth Trymybestus
01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Of course, being that this is a modern serial we may see all those things. Atleast the rebuilding of Anakin into Vader. Since most serials always showed the audience stuff that the charecters didn't know. And it doesn't damage the shock value when those things are revealed, because it changes it from a personal shock to one that is felt thru the charecters.

Like the case of Leia finding out that she's Luke's brother, or that Vader's her father. It doesn't lessen the impact because you knew it before that, you get more of the personal impact from Leia. Same when Leia reveals to Han that Luke's her brother at the end of ROTJ, it's not a shock to us, but we can relate to how Han feels when this is revealed. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

If you think about it... somebody say in 20 years who watches the Star Wars movies 1 through 6, they'd be shocked at Palpatine being the Evil Emperor and of course Anakin Skywalkers downfall.
They would know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father by the time they get to the original trilogy but it would still be emotional when Luke finds out because it's a powerful scene.

We knew those things would happen but yet had the experience of being totally shocked that Darth Vader was Luke's father and that Luke and Leia were brother and sister so either way.. people will definitely have different surprises when they watch the Star Wars saga. :)

stillakid
01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Of course, being that this is a modern serial we may see all those things. Atleast the rebuilding of Anakin into Vader. Since most serials always showed the audience stuff that the charecters didn't know. And it doesn't damage the shock value when those things are revealed, because it changes it from a personal shock to one that is felt thru the charecters.

Like the case of Leia finding out that she's Luke's brother, or that Vader's her father. It doesn't lessen the impact because you knew it before that, you get more of the personal impact from Leia. Same when Leia reveals to Han that Luke's her brother at the end of ROTJ, it's not a shock to us, but we can relate to how Han feels when this is revealed. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

What you're getting at sounds reasonable, except that in the example of Leia being given information, the story was constructed specifically in that way at that particular time (1983) to make it work the way you describe. Concurrently, Luke's revelation scenes were specifically written so that we were meant to experience the shock/anguish/surprise along with him. This is what I've meant from day one when I talk about empathy. In most "heroic" tales, the audience is taken along "for the ride" to experience the adventure with the hero...not as detached observers watching the hero go through his particular trials. In the case of ROTJ, we are meant to feel empathy with Luke and sympathy for Leia. Revealing Anakin's secret identity too soon alters that original intention for the story. "Giving away the farm," as it were, in the Prequels, lessens the dramatic impact of the Luke/Anakin thread of the Saga.


Originally posted by JediDBM
but I am puzzled by something that StillAKid said, "reinstate the Greedo/cantina scene". May I ask, what do you mean? I would agree with repplacing the Emporer in ESB with Ian Mcdirmand, if that is the actor that plays Palpatine in EP I and II.

I'm just referencing the "Greedo shoots first" edit for the Special Edition. In my unofficial polls, it appears that no living human on Earth (except for George) likes that Greedo shoots first. I merely would like to see the original version reinstated into George's inevitable "definitive edition." :)

Beast
01-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Regardless of the fact that Lucas has stated that Greedo was always intended to shoot first, but it wasn't possible to make it look the way George wanted in 1977.

Frankly they can leave the Greedo shooting first, but cut out the delay between Greedo's shot and Han's shot. Make it almost a simultanious exhange of fire. Instead of the current Zap........Zap that is in the Special Edition now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
01-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
but it wasn't possible to make it look the way George wanted in 1977.


I don't get it. What technology didn't exist in '77 that wouldn't allow Greedo's gun to be actually pointed at Han's chest on that reverse shot?

So, there are two issues:

1. The logistics
2. What it does to Han's character arc


The fact is, regardless of what GL claims now, there is no way the logistics of that "stand off" would allow for Greedo to fire first (and have Han live to fire back) without it happening the way it does in the Special Edition. No matter how you slice it, it can never look plausible. I'll submit that his decision to do this came from the similar ET situation with the guns that Spielberg went through. Just a lame attempt to lessen any potential negative impact on the kids.

Han's character arc is something more debatable, but I'll go out on a limb and suggest that most people initially viewed Han as a selfish gunslinger at the beginning of the story who eventually softens to become the lovable hunky hero we've all come to know. Having his arc altered by only firing in self-defense really weakens the journey that his character takes. In essence, he doesn't change at all. He's always a good guy. How interesting is that?

Darth Trymybestus
01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
I don't think it adds or detracts from the character of Han in anyway... in A New Hope, he's a selfish Rogue who only cares about himself (and Chewbacca).
But at the end he redeems himself... and as the trilogy moves on, he becomes much more likeable as a person :)

Beast
01-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't know, feel free to ask Lucas if you get the chance. But he's said it before. I think it was a combination of the fingers on Greedo, and the fact that they couldn't pull the trigger correctly to trigger the muzzle flash.

The logistics also should say that Stormtroopers, who can fire well enough to kill all the soldiers on the Blockade Runner, should be able to shoot our heroes also. It's a space fantasy, remember. Logistics kinda go out the window. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I'll submit that his decision to do this came from the similar ET situation with the guns that Spielberg went through. Just a lame attempt to lessen any potential negative impact on the kids.
Wanted to make a seperate comment about this. I've watched both versions of the movie, and I don't see a thing wrong with the guns being removed. Sure, thats a big change but think in the context of the movie.

1. The goverment officials already knew that E.T. was not a dangerous alien planning to harm people. Knowing that, why would the officials be given guns. Sure, they may have had them but they wouldn't be pulling them without reason.

2. The doctors and others there were already deeply saddened with the fact that E.T. had died. Keyes, the guy that was in charge of the operation, even comforts Elliot about the death. Hell, he gave Elliot alone time with him.

3. So why the hell would he issue orders for the agents assigned under him, to carry weapons. The kids arn't a threat. And they would want to retake E.T. alive. Nothing that happens up to that point in the movie, suggests that they need to blow holes in the kids and the alien.

Spielburg said back in the early 90's when the laserdisc came out, that he always hated that he had those shots of the guns in the movie. And I see what he means. Plotwise, it makes no sense that they should have had the weapons out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
01-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Wanted to make a seperate comment about this. I've watched both versions of the movie, and I don't see a thing wrong with the guns being removed. Sure, thats a big change but think in the context of the movie.

1. The goverment officials already knew that E.T. was not a dangerous alien planning to harm people. Knowing that, why would the officials be given guns. Sure, they may have had them but they wouldn't be pulling them without reason.

The threat wasn't ET himself necessarily. Government officials didn't know for sure how benign ET was. They only saw him in a weakened state. Who's to say that he wouldn't morph into a hellfire demon or something when he got better? Fact is, if this had been a real-life situation, not only would there have been handguns drawn, but I'll wager you'd see an impressive display of firepower, and sharpshooters would have no qualms about putting a couple rounds in the kid's legs to take them down.


Originally posted by JarJarBinks

2. The doctors and others there were already deeply saddened with the fact that E.T. had died. Keyes, the guy that was in charge of the operation, even comforts Elliot about the death. Hell, he gave Elliot alone time with him.

3. So why the hell would he issue orders for the agents assigned under him, to carry weapons. The kids arn't a threat. And they would want to retake E.T. alive. Nothing that happens up to that point in the movie, suggests that they need to blow holes in the kids and the alien.

The kid's aren't necessarily a violent threat, but they do "threaten" the efforts to get a real live extraterrestrial into a petrie dish. Short of roadblocks, as I mentioned above, real life government agents wouldn't think twice about winging a kid if it meant a successful operation.


Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Spielburg said back in the early 90's when the laserdisc came out, that he always hated that he had those shots of the guns in the movie. And I see what he means. Plotwise, it makes no sense that they should have had the weapons out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Plotwise, it makes perfect sense for there to be guns and even more sense for a bigger display of fire power. The story was just sugar coated for the kiddies, plain and simple.


Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I don't know, feel free to ask Lucas if you get the chance. But he's said it before. I think it was a combination of the fingers on Greedo, and the fact that they couldn't pull the trigger correctly to trigger the muzzle flash.

The logistics also should say that Stormtroopers, who can fire well enough to kill all the soldiers on the Blockade Runner, should be able to shoot our heroes also. It's a space fantasy, remember. Logistics kinda go out the window.

I wasn't there, but it sounds to me like 11th hour rationalization to sweeten the story for the kiddies (see above). From the angle the "shot" was fired from, there's no reason why a hole couldn't have been cut into the costume glove so that the actor could pull the trigger. He simply didn't want to portray Han as a cold blooded killer anymore. He's got kids now, time to set good examples for their heroes.

And logistics don't have to be tossed out the window. Only in extreme circumstances should it be acceptable to audiences. Like the time problem when the Falcon is on the way to Cloud City. There's literally no way (as far as our science knows) that they could have reached a distant system within a week or two (heck, a year or two). But we let that go because we have to. Greedo didn't have to fire first. That's inviting a "logistical excuse" where one isn't necessary.

QLD
01-05-2003, 02:09 AM
I'll chime in for one second here.

No, do not remake the Original Trilogy.

I could go for an ANIMATED one maybe, but not live action.

I wouldn't mind someone actually making a few good prequel movies though. Or maybe even live action or anime versions of some of the EU stories.

Oh, and the walkie talkies in E.T. were so lame.....next he'll replace Indy's whip with licorice.

2-1B
01-05-2003, 02:40 AM
Red Rope licorice?

JediDBM
01-05-2003, 03:24 PM
An animated Star Wars would be an incredible idea! Although they did that to Star Trek when I was a very small child, so I dont remember details, was it a Saturday morning hit or not?

JediDBM
01-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Guess we have beat this dead horse into the ground...

Tycho
01-06-2003, 10:38 PM
But I can't wait for "Saving Private Ryan," the kids-safe version.

JediDBM
01-06-2003, 10:59 PM
??? you lost me thereTycho... but I guess this isnt the first time and this wont be the last time...

Rogue II
01-06-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't think you're the one that's lost JediDBM. Tycho, take the mouse droid out of your nose, it's cutting off oxygen to your brain.

evenflow
01-08-2003, 07:43 AM
No.

Darkross
01-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
It will never happen. Besides I could never except any other actors portraying the characters.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

AMEN to that!

The Classic Trilogy is just that....CLASSIC! Don't even think about redoing them!

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 01:52 AM
I hope they dont do anything to it. The only thing I dont like is the inserted CG scene where Han steps on Jabbas body......I like the lines...but hate the visuals.

corporal AMF
02-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Well, sign the petition, so we'll be able to make GL hear we want no changes to the OT, and correct the 'obviuos' mistakes.....

http://www.petitiononline.com/jeditray/petition.html

stillakid
02-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by corporal AMF
Well, sign the petition, so we'll be able to make GL hear we want no changes to the OT, and correct the 'obviuos' mistakes.....

http://www.petitiononline.com/jeditray/petition.html

Does signing the petition mean that he'd have to add references to Qui Gon being the one to find Anakin, realize how great a pilot he was, be amazed at how strong the Force was with him, and show him be the one to take it upon himself to teach the boy? Will it also mean a change in Spirit Ben's dialogue to tell us that he was taught by Qui Gon and not Yoda? Will it also mean inserting Midichlorian references into the poetic teachings of Yoda to Luke?

Those are all "obvious" (or what should be obvious) mistakes that need to be corrected. I'm really torn on the issue. While I'd rather George went back to correct the mistakes in the Prequels so that those match the OT, I'm 100% certain that won't happen. So (gulp), as painful as it is to suggest, maybe it would be better for him to "correct" the now erroneous information in the OT so that those three films match the Prequels. At least it would all kinda make sense. (sigh) :(

Rogue II
02-04-2003, 12:47 PM
I'd rather sign a petition to fix Episode 1...and 2...


But I'm sure Episode 3 will clear up all of the continuity problems.:rolleyes:

stillakid
02-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
But I'm sure Episode 3 will clear up all of the continuity problems.:rolleyes:

If not, there will be plenty of people here who will be lining up to explain how it (supposedly) fits together. ;)

At the moment, many rebuttals I've seen rely on Episode III as being the magic pill where it will all become clear. What happens after III when there is no golden parachute to turn to? Will we see further "rationalizations" and excuses for George and the story, or will there be a few people willing to say "I guess you were right all along?" Or will there just be silence as the once optimistic fans saunter away red-faced? Hmm. (For the record before I get beat up ;) , if Episode III does tie it all together like a well written sitcom should, then I'll be the first in line to receive my lashes.)