PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an Imperial Shuttle: I sure hope it is worth it.

DarthWitko
01-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Well,

I went to Cloud City Collectibles and ordered one of the $119 shuttles. On top of the cheaper price they charge a lot less to ship. I really don't care about the quality of the box because I am opening it to display which in my opinon is the only thing to do with ships. I sure hope this thing is worth the money. I have always wanted one and can't wait to set up the scene from the beginning of Return of the Jedi with the emperor, vader, and the troops. I just really need someone to tell me that this is a purchase that I won't regret because I am experincing a little guilt for spending all that money for a toy. Post spending guilt sucks.

Dark Knight
01-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Since you really wanted it ok. I have an vintage one and I love it.
:D

Jaff
01-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Darthwitko I envy you. No FAO's near me. I've been waiting for this shuttle for some time, and I will bath in pride when I get mine, so should you. Spend what you choose. Guilt has nothing to do with it. I remember paying an extra $20 for my Imperial scanning officer with case in 98. It was pricy, but today I still think it was a great value.

DarthWitko
01-03-2003, 12:15 AM
that is exactly what I was thinking. I will feel guilt about it now but in a year I will forget that guilt and be extemely happy that I have a shuttle. Now to pick up some Imperial Royal Guards. Time for some troop building. :)

Jaff
01-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Your bragging, the dark side grows in me. Where's my shuttle?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Most. misleading. post. ever! :D

I was like "oh, hell no, don't tell me he got a shuttle and i'm still waiting for mine!!!!!"

breathe mike, breathe. yours will be here shortly....just keep telling yourself that. :D

Jaff
01-03-2003, 01:09 AM
Is there a stress management class me and Jedi master guyute can go to to relieve this shuttle crisis!!!!?

DarthWitko
01-03-2003, 10:26 AM
The Darkside has clouded my Judgement. Probably should have called this post just ordered the imperial shuttle. I really can't wait for this to arrive. Supposively the Shuttles are in stock so it should be here in 5-10 days. I will have to write a review on how I feel about it. Hopefully the Emperor will appreciate what I have done for him and quick nagging me to get more toys. I figure the Emperor needs transportation worthy so he can travel between the Death Star, Star Destroyer, and Endor.

JediBoulton
01-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Check our www.galactichunter.com for a neat review of the shuttle. The pictures are bigger and we get to see inside the cockpit -- but not the interior -- but they do confirm that the side DOES open.(maybe that was never a question) -- take a look see.

DarthWitko
01-03-2003, 11:48 AM
I have been at that site all morning. There are some wonderfull pictures there and I have been drolling over the shuttle the whole time. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing and fly it around the galaxy.

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2003, 12:16 PM
lol.......... you hope it is worth it?

Lets see, $120 bucks for a hunk of worn painted plastic with a cockpit panel, no lights, no sound effects, no pack in figures, no nothing.

Well........ hope springs eternal ;)

DarthWitko
01-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Well I just checked my order at Cloud City collectibles. Looks like it is on backorder till Jan 31st. So I am in the same boat as everyone else on waiting for one of these things. I guess that is good that it will go on next months credit card bill and not on the same one as Christmas. Give me some time to save up.

I do agree that logically it may not be worth it but by the laws of supply and demand what am I going to do? With the rarity of the toy the value will probably only go up so if you want one you have to pay the price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Amok Time has the shuttle right now for those of you can't wait. Only for the shabby price of 224 bucks!!! I'll just wait patiently though. :D

Jaff
01-06-2003, 09:50 PM
224 bucks, whoever buys it for that price before it's realease is just encouraging those skyrocket dealer prices. Don't give in to the darkside.

Chiesa
01-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Well i seen it and I think its pretty nicely done. But I just wouldn't pay that much for it. :)

metaljedi
01-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I can't wait for Brian's Toys to get this so I can pay 500 dollars for it! :rolleyes:

Jerjerrod
01-06-2003, 11:48 PM
At least you folks stateside can get them easier. It would be pretty impossible for me to get it in Canada without paying that 500 bucks! It's like they don't serve our kind here.

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 03:51 PM
I envy those who have the money for that. I am not one of those people (I'm married) got to buy family stuff first, then can look for a shuttle for me... gonna be a looooonnnnnngggggggg wait then... :(